Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hummingbirds! Hummingbirds! On a live camera feed!
If you enjoy seeing hummingbirds,
here is a place to see many at a time sitting, flying and feeding at feeders set up in front of a live camera feed in Studio City California.
Keep in mind this is in California so although the camera is on 24 hrs a day,
the birds are most active in daylight.
It is fascinating to be able to see this creatures in flight and at rest.
I hope you find this as peaceful and interesting as I do.

@"Errollorre" 
I have two hummingbird in my front yard, one in a Mulberry tree and one in my Almond tree.
I have to refill twice a week, at times there are 5 to 8 little hummingbirds around and sometimes there is one who thinks he/she owns the one feeder in the Mulberry tree and scares of the other little ones.

I had a nest with two hummingbird babies in the Peach tree in my back yard. I notice it only because the parent would flew out and get in my face.
The two babies left the nest in early March.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Awesome. I'm building a garden bar right near a tree. And I'm working away inches from a doves nest.  I'm being as quiet as I can as not to disturb.  I've always loved the birds  minusculebiggrin
(07-10-2020, 10:05 PM)guohua Wrote: @"Errollorre" 
I have two hummingbird in my front yard, one in a Mulberry tree and one in my Almond tree.
I have to refill twice a week, at times there are 5 to 8 little hummingbirds around and sometimes there is one who thinks he/she owns the one feeder in the Mulberry tree and scares of the other little ones.

I had a nest with two hummingbird babies in the Peach tree in my back yard. I notice it only because the parent would flew out and get in my face.
The two babies left the nest in early March.

That sounds really cool.
(07-10-2020, 10:08 PM)TheDoctor46 Wrote: Awesome. I'm building a garden bar right near a tree. And I'm working away inches from a doves nest.  I'm being as quiet as I can as not to disturb.  I've always loved the birds  minusculebiggrin

I like birds too. I love nature in general. :)
(07-10-2020, 10:08 PM)TheDoctor46 Wrote: Awesome. I'm building a garden bar right near a tree. And I'm working away inches from a doves nest.  I'm being as quiet as I can as not to disturb.  I've always loved the birds  minusculebiggrin

I wish I could find a picture I took a while back. We had put up a wild bird feeder, which ended up being a community bar. We had birds, squirrels, and rabbits, all coming to eat. I got a picture of all of them eating together, now I just have to find it.
Excellent Stuff!

Thanks Tom,

G

PS - Here's one of my favourite live webcams, showing the Osprey Nest at Loch Arkaig, Scotland.

The three chicks are getting very big and might fledge soon... so be quick!

LOCH ARKAIG OSPREY WEBCAM
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
(07-11-2020, 07:02 AM)gordi Wrote: Excellent Stuff!

Thanks Tom,

G

PS - Here's one of my favourite live webcams, showing the Osprey Nest at Loch Arkaig, Scotland.

That looks like a Huge Nest,  smallawesome
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(07-11-2020, 07:02 AM)gordi Wrote: Excellent Stuff!

Thanks Tom,

G

Thanks Gordi.
I'm slowly getting the hang of this place.
(Not bad considering I've been registered here since 2016.)
Your link is cool.
Tom