Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
It's a toasty one this week
Looks like we're in for a slightly warm few days? Who am I kidding? It's gonna be hot AF!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8071]

For the rest of the world, that translates to

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8073]

When people comment on Arizona weather, they usually say "yeah, but it's a dry heat".

I like to point out that so is the inside of their oven.

Our record here is 122f/50c. They ground air traffic when it hits 120. I'm not looking to this month's utility bill.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
(07-10-2020, 01:14 AM)Freija Wrote: Looks like we're in for a slightly warm few days? Who am I kidding? It's gonna be hot AF!

When people comment on Arizona weather, they usually say "yeah, but it's a dry heat".

Our record here is 122f/50c. They ground air traffic when it hits 120. I'm not looking to this month's utility bill.

It has been crazy hot in South Florida, and it has been so humid that at times you feel like you are breathing under water.

It is has been more than toasty, it is actually burning the leaves of many of my plants.
@"Freija" 

It is going to be just to Hot to do anything, but lay around the house Naked and chase my husbands Tight Ass!  tinydrroling
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(07-10-2020, 01:18 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: It has been crazy hot in South Florida, and it has been so humid that at times you feel like you are breathing under water.

It is has been more than toasty, it is actually burning the leaves of many of my plants.

I have a friend that just got back from Florida after visiting a few days for the holiday. She said she'd take our blazing temps over the humidity any day. I don't envy you at all and sorry about your plants.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Now that is what I call hot!   tinywhat 

No way could I live out there, no way!  If I was out there and my air conditioner went out, you would just have to call an ambulance for me.
I take thyroid medicine, so that has an affect on my body temperature making it feel like it's six or seven degrees hotter than what the thermometer says.  In other words, if it says it's 90 degrees F, then my body gets the same effects as if it's 97 degrees F.

Good luck is all I can say. tinybighuh
(07-10-2020, 01:14 AM)Freija Wrote: Looks like we're in for a slightly warm few days? Who am I kidding? It's gonna be hot AF!

Holy shit! I think I’d die. It’s pretty hot even here in da frozen tundra of Wisconsin. For the last two weeks, we’ve had temps in the 90’s with triple digit heat indexes. And the nasty humidity makes it feel like you’re covered with a wet towel. Yuck. I hope things cool down for everyone soon.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
Dewpoints make a huge difference. 

I don't mind dry heat(though I've never been to arizona). But on the rare occasion it's dry here(MN) I don't mind the "oven" feeling. 

It's rare, but 100 here, if it's dry, is nice(to me).

But we don't get that, we get mid 90's, with dewpoints in the 70's(feels like you are swimming when you walk).
I'm a winter person, always have been.

You can always add more layers to stay warm, but in the summer?  Fucked.

I felt cheated this past winter, I think we got a grand total of one inch of snow.  Didn't get to take the kids sledding once.
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]
I normally spend weekend nights and sometimes more at the local neighborhood tavern sitting on the outside patio. It's not uncommon to still be 100 degrees at 1:00 AM. At least we have an excuse to not wear much but stupid me likes to leave my hair down when I go out and it gets pretty frazzled by the end of the night from sweating.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8076]
(it's about 3" longer now than when this was taken-Ugh!)

Seeing how we're also now at the epicenter of the worldwide pandemic, I haven't been out for the last three weekends in a row and will likely be staying home again this weekend? It's too hot anyway!

I have no life. (but have beer in the fridge!)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-10-2020, 02:06 AM)Freija Wrote: I normally spend weekend nights and sometimes more at the local neighborhood tavern sitting on the outside patio. It's not uncommon to still be 100 degrees at 1:00 AM. At least we have an excuse to not wear much but stupid me likes to leave my hair down when I go out and it gets pretty frazzled by the end of the night from sweating.

Seeing how we're also now at the epicenter of the worldwide pandemic, I haven't been out for the last three weekends in a row and will likely be staying home again this weekend? It's too hot anyway!

You have beautiful hair. Wish I could get mine to grow like that. Yeah, I can’t imagine myself sitting outside when it’s 100 degrees. No way.
(07-10-2020, 01:50 AM)MisterSpock Wrote: Dewpoints make a huge difference. 

I don't mind dry heat(though I've never been to arizona). But on the rare occasion it's dry here(MN) I don't mind the "oven" feeling. 

It's rare, but 100 here, if it's dry, is nice(to me).

But we don't get that, we get mid 90's, with dewpoints in the 70's(feels like you are swimming when you walk).

Yeah, I hear you there. Same thing here in Wisconsin, 90+ degree temps with 70+ dew point. I don’t like to even walk in that weather, makes me feel like I’m gonna hurl.
(07-10-2020, 01:30 AM)guohua Wrote: @"Freija" 

It is going to be just to Hot to do anything, but lay around the house Naked and chase my husbands Tight Ass!  tinydrroling

You sound like my wife. I'm just thinking about retirement , and having time off, well, let's just say the husband's duty has become more of a focus. I can't complain, I like it.   tinyloveit

minusculebeercheers
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(07-10-2020, 02:14 AM)ChiefD Wrote:
(07-10-2020, 02:06 AM)Freija Wrote: I normally spend weekend nights and sometimes more at the local neighborhood tavern sitting on the outside patio. It's not uncommon to still be 100 degrees at 1:00 AM. At least we have an excuse to not wear much but stupid me likes to leave my hair down when I go out and it gets pretty frazzled by the end of the night from sweating.

You have beautiful hair. Wish I could get mine to grow like that. Yeah, I can’t imagine myself sitting outside when it’s 100 degrees. No way.

That a 100 degrees at 01:00 AM, common here, soon it'll be 103 degrees at 01:00 AM.

I like @"Freija"  hair.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
On the Oregon coast here.

It got to a sweltering 66 F today.

tinyshocked
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
It will get to 42C here in Montreal today with the humidity factor. Just thinking about it makes me sweat...(It's 5:30AM here at the moment)

I can't imagine more than that...just wow! I would not trade places with you!!!

And then I hear people say " yeah, it's better when it's dry heat..." Is that so?

I went to Vegas last year and there were days that were like 44C....I was walking outside and thought that my fucking eyeballs were gonna melt!

But I'll take that over those minus forties we get in the winter any time!

Thank you Mr A/C !!!!!

And beer. Cold beer.

minusculebeercheers
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
(07-10-2020, 02:06 AM)Freija Wrote: I normally spend weekend nights and sometimes more at the local neighborhood tavern sitting on the outside patio. It's not uncommon to still be 100 degrees at 1:00 AM. At least we have an excuse to not wear much but stupid me likes to leave my hair down when I go out and it gets pretty frazzled by the end of the night...

What's "hair"?

<----- (See image on the left.)

tinybighuh

G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
Nope, couldn't do it, I'd be dead! when it hits 25 C here I can barely lift a leg and resemble a wet Seal!

Dark clouds, bit of rain and a good breeze ... that's perfection! minusculebeercheers