Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Internalized Racial Oppression
(07-09-2020, 10:21 AM)Bally002 Wrote: "There's no Whiskey left in the cupboard so I'll flagellate,
Cat O' Nine Tails feels so great,
while drinking Gin until late,
It's running out of Whiskey that I hate."

Is this on topic at all?

Bally :)

No, I fact-checked it on Snopes.
smallcrackingup
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(07-09-2020, 10:49 AM)BIAD Wrote:
(07-09-2020, 10:21 AM)Bally002 Wrote: "There's no Whiskey left in the cupboard so I'll flagellate,

Is this on topic at all?

No, I fact-checked it on Snopes.
smallcrackingup
Well strike me pink!  Knew I was having a poor day after conversing with Gordi this morning and the damned emus kicked in my dunny door.

Cheers,

Bally
(07-09-2020, 10:21 AM)Bally002 Wrote:
(07-09-2020, 07:23 AM)gordi Wrote: I was (obviously) going to apologise profusely to you all for my being white and internalising my racial superiority/oppression, but I wanted to identify exactly how my IRO was manifesting itself... so I highlighted the areas which can apply to my behaviours/feelings and.... uhm...
Apparently I'm the one who's being oppressed and treated as inferior?

Should I flagellate myself or... what?

tinyhuh

Go for it mate.  Flagellate away.  Nothing like a bit of self attention.

"There's no Whiskey left in the cupboard so I'll flagellate,

Is this on topic at all?

I've run out of whisky before. It was a harrowing experience. Not "harrowing" as in me an' my horse workin' the fields at the time "harrowing", but, y'know... it's just not a thing to be repeated! I'll not whip myself over it, though, mostly because that takes up time that would better be spent getting more whisky! 

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(07-09-2020, 10:21 AM)Bally002 Wrote: Go for it mate.  Flagellate away.  Nothing like a bit of self attention.

"There's no Whiskey left in the cupboard so I'll flagellate,

Is this on topic at all?

Is THAT ever OFF Topic?? LOL

minusculebeercheers
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
@"Bally002" 
Quote:"There's no Whiskey left in the cupboard so I'll flagellate,

Is this on topic at all?

GOD, Yes, it is in our house!  tinyhuh
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(07-09-2020, 01:56 AM)xuenchen Wrote: I wonder if they give employees time to do their jobs ? tinycool

[Image: giphy.gif]

If you can't do your job due to overdue white-washing, you are so entrenched in White Superiority and its many privileges, benefits and biases, that you have obviously been awarded (complicitly accepted) said job that a minority (specifically, apparently - A Person Of The Color, Black), no doubt, deserved.
And even if neither of the above is true, you are responsible for anything & everything that might have hindered them from being the "First Choice" Always and EveryTime.

I am working on my IRS...
Let me know if you think I'm still acting from my ego...Like - Too Patronizing, Overestimating My Worth/Contributions...(or any of the other deadly sins)...
Thanks
Here's my confession.
--------------------------------

All of my American ancestors immigrated without any real wealth.  They were Europeans of varied heritage who were among the settlers of the early frontier.  They were freemen but not slave holders.  They took hardship in stride and made a virtue of it.  They both fought and married with Native Americans.  One of them fought in the Battle of Fallen Timbers with "Mad" Anthony Wayne; another served honorably with the troops of a northern state during the Civil War. 
DEPLORABLE

A great-grandfather was self-educated and a master carpenter who had more than a passing knowledge of science at the time.  A grandfather whose hopes were derailed by the Depression; took up farming.  He blamed no one for his fate, lived honestly on a small income, and ran a small farm to his last day.  After he no longer actively plowed the fields, he allowed his faithful mare to "retire" as well and quietly finish her days grazing behind the farmhouse. 
DEPLORABLE

My father was born into a poor family and drafted into the Army as a private.  Within three and one-half years, he achieved a commission in the Regular Army, a profession he left after over 30 years of service, three wars, being wounded in action, and being decorated for valor on the battlefield.
DEPLORABLE

My parents raised several children.  None of us have ever had even a brush with the law.  We were raised with respect for integrity and a good work ethic.  Over some thirty years as a supervisor, I worked with Americans from both genders and many ethnic backgrounds.  I treated all fairly and equally, and was rewarded with high performance from them.

Over the course of my life, my politics have wandered a bit.  But no one need wonder that I find the dismissive comment of an over-privileged, out-of-touch elitist like Hillary Clinton deeply offensive.  Whatever faults President Trump may have, one thing I do not expect from him is to insult myself or my family for having worked honestly, for having served our country, or for having shown a general regard for civil behavior and respect for the law of the land.  I suppose that attitude means they're damned right that I am a Deplorable.
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]