Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Maunder Minimum
I have been intrigued by the stance of Valentina Zharkova regarding possible effects of the Maunder Minimum that started this year.

One look at this -- https://electroverse.net/professor-valen...2020-2055/

Anyway, extreme predictions aside, her work made me pay more attention to the weather in Europe this year.

April was HOT -- hot like the previous two years which saw some blistering heat waves across the continent.

Then the heat "disappeared".  We've had a few hot days since then, but nothing like the last two years.

Now into the second week in July . . . lots and lots of cool, rainy days.  (Good for the local water table).  Unseasonably cool.

Kind of makes me wonder if Professor Zharkova isn't onto something about a coming little ice age.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

I remember when I was younger it was a normal winter to have -20 -30c winters with lots of snow, and I use to cross country sky a lot. Also remember how the doom and gloom people told that the next ice age is coming and all of earths oil would be used up by the year 2000.
It seems to me that this year spring was forgotten, it just felt like winter then summer, something is changing I can feel it as I walk in nature, its like nature is getting ready for something.
I think we are slowly moving into a cold stage, I know its not man made as I can feel nature getting ready for it
Explanation: Awesome thread @"F2d5thCav" ;)

Personal Disclosure: I will just state this about ANY climate change .... man made or not! ...

@ ANYBODY AND EVERYBODY ...

DO NOT MAKE ME PAY TO FIX THE GODDAMNED WEATHER OK! OR I WILL TAX YOU SO FAR UP THE FUCKING WAHZOO IN RETURN THAT YOUR WALLET WILL CRY A FREAKING RIVER FOR BEING ETERNALLY EMPTY ... and thats just the fucking start ... DO YOU WANT A CLIMATE WAR???

BECAUSE I CAN GIVE YOU A CLIMATE WAR!

I WILL SIMPLY RELEASE BIOWARFARE CONTAGIONS ENMASS.

IF YOU THOUGHT COVID19 WAS TERRIBLE AND THE WORST VIRUS EVER THEN PLEASE JUST REMEMBER AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED IT WAS A FAILED VIRUS THAT I SIMPLE THREW OUT AND IT VECTORED FROM THERE.

WITH WHAT I KNOW NOW FROM THE WORLDS PEOPLE AND WORLDS GOVERNMENTS RESPONSE AND REACTIONS TO IT THE NEXT ONE WILL NOT BE SO BENIGN AND WILL LITERALLY TAKE OVER PEOPLES MINDS AND BRAINS AND FORCE THEM TO BE CONSERVATIVE AND MORE FEARFUL THAN UNDER COVID19.

I GOT THE IDEA FROM THIS SCIFI STORY OVER 25YRS OLD NOW ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beggars_Ride [SLEEPLESS TRILOGY BY NANCY KRESS]

Quote:Jennifer Sharifi visits legendary Russian scientist Serge Mikhailovich Strukov, whom she instructs to create a genemod virus that will hardwire agoraphobia, xenophobia and novelty anxiety into the brains of anyone it hits. Researchers have been looking for years for neuropharms that can evade the Cell Cleaner, which destroys any foreign substance in the body, including beneficial analgesics and recreational drugs. What Strukov has found is a virus that changes brain conditions, so that, while the delivering virus is foreign, the conditions it leaves behind are treated as native by the Cell Cleaner.

AND I SHALL CALL THOSE VIRUSES "SANCTUARY" because they shall force everybody to seek sanctuary both before , during and after infection!

After everybody is afraid of going outside forever and hates all others not like themselves and dislikes new things ... the CLIMATE WILL STILL CHANGE NO MATTER WHAT!

Its driven by the goddamned SUN for fucks sake!  minusculebonker

END OF RANT!

minusculebeercheers
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!
To be honest there is something about your rants I like minusculebeercheers
Was out walking today.  Had on long sleeves, long pants, and a vest.  Still cool enough that I only managed to stay comfortable in terms of temperature.

Cheers

It's been extremely hot and humid here. We're in a drought too. I keep watching the weather to see if it's going to rain and it just never does when it's supposed to.
Quote:The Maunder minimum coincided with the coldest part of the “Little Ice Age” (c. 1500–1850) in the Northern Hemisphere, when the Thames River in England froze over during winter, Viking settlers abandoned Greenland, and Norwegian farmers demanded that the Danish king recompense them for lands occupied by advancing glaciers.

from https://www.britannica.com/science/Maunder-minimum

Little Ice Age.  Boy, that sounds like fun.

[Image: maunder-minimum-frost.png]

Cheers

Another uncomfortably cool evening here.  I had to pull on long pants, and the short shirt sleeves feel a tad bare in the cool, moist air.  Mid-July is normally at least mild and often warm to hot.  Not today.  Mowed part of the lawn earlier and didn't even break a sweat.

Cheers

(07-11-2020, 07:46 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Another uncomfortably cool evening here.  I had to pull on long pants, and the short shirt sleeves feel a tad bare in the cool, moist air.  Mid-July is normally at least mild and often warm to hot.  Not today.  Mowed part of the lawn earlier and didn't even break a sweat.

Cheers

Woke up at 05:00 AM, it was 97 degrees at 10:30 PM and 106 degrees. Wearing tube top, panties and socks, home A/C turned to 75 degrees.
Don't want to check the temp right now.
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=14649004]
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
People might find interesting bits here.

https://principia-scientific.com/modern-...ng-coming/

Yesterday evening was uncomfortable.  Cool and a stiff breeze made it feel cooler.  Meanwhile, south of the Main Valley, Europe is roasting.

Cheers