Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
** The Rogue Cup Challenges **Updated July 18th, 2020
The

Rogue Cup

Challenges

[Image: 6ttFwWI.png]

What originally started as the Rogue Outlandish Games has evolved into the Rogue Cup Challenges and if you haven't followed any of those yet, we invite you to familiarize yourself with the previous games:

Game #1

Game #2

Game #3

Game #4

Game #5

Game #6

Game #7

[Image: cv6rgP3.png]

The game needs three members, one who is the Narrator and two who are the Players.

The premise remains the same: The Narrator writes three outlandish and/or outrageous claims that he or she has personally been through, in real life.

Two of those claims are truthful and one of them is a lie. A dirty stinking putrid lie!

The two Players, playing against the Narrator, are allowed three questions each in order to try and find the lie.

The Narrator MUST answer truthfully when one or more of those questions is aimed at one of his truthful claims.

However, the Narrator may continue to lie his butt off when one or more of those questions is aimed at his lie.

Once the three questions have been asked, the Players have "one shot" at guessing what the lie is.

BOTH Players may choose the Claim of their choice and this choice might end up being the same Claim.

Once the game has ended and both players have stated their choices, two possibilities occur:

- The Player that has discovered the lie becomes the Narrator for the next game.

- If both Players have chosen the same Claim, a Random Number Pick** then decides who the Winner is.

- The Player that has lost the Game must skip a turn before returning.

- The Narrator that loses DOES NOT need to skip a turn and here's why:

(The Narrator's job is the one that is the most difficult. He or she has to really think extensively to find two solid outrageous and / or outlandish claims. Then coming up with an outlandish lie, and upholding that lie throughout the game is not always that simple.

For those reasons, Narrators DO NOT need to skip a turn when they lose BUT they are only eligible for the Player #2 spot, if not taken by a new comer.)

- If both players haven't found the lie, the Narrator wins what is called a clean sweep, meaning that he or she fooled both players.

**(In this case, a random number (between 1 & 10) is hidden in the Administration area (so that all Administrators are witnesses to a fair pick) and players must randomly choose a number, for a winner to be selected.

The player that correctly guesses the hidden number becomes the next Narrator.)

Points are given, for participation, for a win, a clean sweep and even a bad loss.

[Image: mTzUzVs.png]

There are 60 points total per Game and they are distributed as such:

The Narrator obtaining a clean sweep (which is the hardest thing to do) is now awarded 50 points. Both losing Players have the remaining 10 points, meaning 5 points each for having participated.

The Player who has won by discovering the lie is now awarded 30 points (Even if the win is by a random number pick). The Narrator and losing Player have the remaining 30 points, meaning 15 points each for having participated.

This new Points system will start with RCC Vol 8 and is NOT retroactive.

[Image: nAjkil8.png]

The Narrator who has hosted 2 Games may now wish to throw a curve ball: TWO LIES AND ONE TRUTH.

The Game then becomes a search for the truthful Claim and the points are awarded the same way.

Case being that we'll all run out of crazy truthful claims at some point lol..

As of today, July 17th, 2020, here are the standings of all Players and Narrators involved:

Rogue Cup Champion (Title Holder):

DuckforcoveR

Rogue Cup Champion contender:

FauxMulder

Runner Up:

Beez

The 25 Points Club:

IAMTAT

The 20 Points Club:

Ahabstar

TheRedneck

Sol

The 5 Points Club:

Snarl

FRAMES & SIGNATURES

When a new game is afoot:

- The Champion of the moment gets a Gold Avatar Frame with the Champion title.

- The Runner Up(s) of the moment get a Silver Avatar Frame with the Runner Up title.

- The Players of the moment get a Bronze Avatar Frame with the Player title.

Those are way cool and have been made by our Artistic Genius, BIAD !

Once the game starts, the corresponding signatures are also applied and are linked directly to the game at hand!

We wish to thank TheRedneck and IAMTAT for their suggestions that are now part of these new & improved Games!!

Now....let us lie our butts off!!!!!

Sol ~ For the Admins & Staff.

~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
Brilliant!

I have to say, these games are as much fun to watch as they are to participate it.

tinybiggrin
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
(07-07-2020, 11:06 PM)beez Wrote: Brilliant!

I have to say, these games are as much fun to watch as they are to participate it.

tinybiggrin

I agree!! Funny thing is, we've all done amazing or really stupid things in our lives. Turning it into a game is a fantastic way to get to know each other a little more.

Hope this boat sails far and away... :)
@"Sol" 
This is Just Fantastic.
Absolutely  smallawesome .
Bringing members together in a way Most would never have thought of.   minusculeclap
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Still debating on music, acting or running into famous people for my three...of course getting some players would help.
I will toss my fluffy little hat into the ring!
-Abraham Lincoln
(07-08-2020, 02:28 AM)beez Wrote: I will toss my fluffy little hat into the ring!

Player #1 it is!

Now off to search for Player #2...

minusculebeercheers
Thanks to BIAD, now when games are afoot, frames are complimenting the Champion, Runner Ups and Players !!!

Still looking to find a Player to go against Beez to find Ahabstar's lie..

tinybiggrin
(07-08-2020, 10:47 PM)Sol Wrote: Thanks to BIAD, now when games are afoot, frames are complimenting the Champion, Runner Ups and Players !!!

Still looking to find a Player to go against Beez to find Ahabstar's lie..

tinybiggrin

Playing against Beez @ #1?  I dunno ...

I'll think about it while I'm putting holes in paper.  Ahabstar's slick good enough to fool the Beez.  Put me down for #2 and let's get this show on the road!!
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
@"Ahabstar" @"beez" @"Snarl"

Exciting news...The Game is afoot!!!

Snarl has entered the game for the first time, Welcome! I hope you'll have as much fun as we do with these challenges!

Beez, go easy with the new guy... or not tinylaughing

Ahabstar is most surely going to give it one hell of a shot as if he wins with a clean sweep, that would put him within the Cup's reach!!

@"TheRedneck" Enjoy your Silver frame dude, Ahabstar will get a minimum of 5 points (even with a bad loss), thus kicking you out of the Runner Up zone... tinytongue

Ahabstar, you may start the Game at your convenience.

Just a head's up, I am throwing my name as Player #2 for the next round, no matter who wins..

Now, let's have FUN!!!

minusculebeercheers
(07-09-2020, 04:40 PM)Sol Wrote: @"Ahabstar" @"beez" @"Snarl"

Exciting news...The Game is afoot!!!

Snarl has entered the game for the first time, Welcome! I hope you'll have as much fun as we do with these challenges!

Beez, go easy with the new guy... or not   tinylaughing

Ahabstar is most surely going to give it one hell of a shot as if he wins with a clean sweep, that would put him within the Cup's reach!!

@"TheRedneck"  Enjoy your Silver frame dude, Ahabstar will get a minimum of 5 points (even with a bad loss), thus kicking you out of the Runner Up zone...  tinytongue

Ahabstar, you may start the Game at your convenience.

Just a head's up, I am throwing my name as Player #2 for the next round, no matter who wins..

Now, let's have FUN!!!

minusculebeercheers

How do I get one of those Rogue Cup framey things for my avatar?

[Image: giphy.gif]

(07-09-2020, 07:46 PM)IAMTAT Wrote: How do I get one of those Rogue Cup framey things for my avatar?

They're kinda cool, aren't they?

Courtesy of our Artistic Genius, BIAD !!

So, to answer your question...truthfully...

Well, you need more points...like me :( More participation, more wins and hopefully a clean sweep...

Frames are put on corresponding avatars only when a game is on.

The Leading member (DuckforcoveR 40 points) of the moment gets the Gold Frame with a Champion Title.

The Runner Ups (Ahabstar & TheRedneck 15 points each) of the moment get the Silver Frame with a Runner Up Title.

The Players (Beez & Snarl) of the moment get the Bronze Frame with a Player Title.

We are trying to integrate the appropriate title to be underlined under their avatars with a link to the game at hand, once the game starts. Without success so far...

Hope it answers your question :)

I've edited the OP to mention them. They are Brand New, right off the press... :)

Sol.
And the new game has started!

Members may comment on the game thread and even ask questions to the Narrator.

But the Narrator may totally ignore the member's questions if he wishes to.

The fun is taking place HERE...

Best of Luck to everyone!!

minusculebeercheers
Good Luck Everyone.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Rogue Cup Challenges Vol 4 has ended.

@"beez" grabs a win by discovering Ahabstar's lie!

@"Snarl" walks into the 5 points Club!

@"Ahabstar" has become the sole Runner Up, with 20 points!

It was a Great game and a whole lot of Fun!!

Now Beez becomes the Narrator for Vol 5.

Sol has taken the Player #2 spot.

Who will jump in to take the Player #1 spot?

(Advantage of first question, advantage of first shot at claim)

Who will it be?

tinybiggrin
(07-11-2020, 01:35 AM)Sol Wrote: Rogue Cup Challenges Vol 4 has ended.

@"beez"  grabs a win by discovering Ahabstar's lie!

@"Snarl"  walks into the 5 points Club!

@"Ahabstar"  has become the sole Runner Up, with 20 points!

Who will it be?

tinybiggrin

I just realized that my life has been so boring, I'm not sure I can find anything to make claims about!

tinysure
-Abraham Lincoln
(07-11-2020, 01:39 AM)beez Wrote:

Who will it be?

tinybiggrin

I just realized that my life has been so boring, I'm not sure I can find anything to make claims about!

tinysure

Starting off with a lie now, aren't we?

tinydrroling
(07-11-2020, 01:39 AM)beez Wrote:

Who will it be?

tinybiggrin

tinysure
I can think of some bunny tales....
Needing someone to take the Player #1 spot... Bumpity Bump Bump Bump... That was Beez hopping around these walls...somewhere... tinysure
I'm in if nobody else has dibs! Time to defend this trophy!