Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Do Folks Do in the Real World?
I wish to remain anonymous online. I've already given away too many clues of my whereabouts and who I might be for anyone to know who I am if they thought hard about it (for those that know me in real life).

I'll just say, I'm an animal lover; all animals.

I love heavy metal, rock, and blues music.

I took early retirement due to a disability, so now I sit on my ass, collect my pension and disability check, and play on the computer most of the time. tinylaughing

Well, actually, I don't consider it "playing". I'm a digital soldier with the Q army, fighting to spread the truth to the world.
I consider what I'm doing to be an important cause. 

We all need to feel that we offer something important to avoid feeling useless; I found mine.
(07-07-2020, 04:11 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: When you joined, was it still the five-event PT test ?  Loved those monkey bars (not).

Missed that joyous period.  Still had to run the two-mile event in combat boots.  We were supposed to be issued BDUs, but by the grace of some supply SNAFU, we got fatigues and had to buy the damn things ourselves down the road.

Am still close enough to see this new PT test, the ACFT, worry the crap out of the new guys.  Hee Hee!!

Your writing style marked ya.  I bet you're at least five years older than me.
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
@"Snarl" 

Quote:I bet you're at least five years older than me.

The way my joints and back feel anymore, you could convince me I'm very old. ?

Yep, I remember the OD fatigues.  The BDUs were more practical, but the fatigues looked sharper in some ways.  I recall the first version of BDUs were what was later called "winter weight" . . . man, that uniform was HOT in the southern states during summer.

I was lucky when I came in.  Our commanders were Vietnam veterans.  People who superbly combined good order and discipline with common sense.

ETA:  I believe I recall the run in boots was three miles when I started.  Not good for the feet.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(07-07-2020, 03:51 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(07-07-2020, 03:12 PM)LSU2018 Wrote: But I'm hoping that at some point in the next 6 months, I can find a ranch or at least 400 acres for sale and build my own so me and my dad can work it.

Best of luck.  You strike me as the type of person who could find a way ... and push yourself into success.  It takes a lot of hard work and constant commitment.  There's a Lot of profit right behind that ... and absolute independence once you've got your feet under you (better if they were on top of the tax man's face to boot).

Thank you brother. I hope so.
The Goonies R good enough
(07-07-2020, 03:58 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: I've seen a lot of mixed breeds with the black and tan color combination.

Animals are great company.  Ours consistently amuse me with how they observe EVERYTHING and plan courses of action based on the 'intel' they pick up.

Cheers

She was like a neighborhood dog. She was a little road runner and people would give her scraps and treats, but she always came home at night. Her name was Lady. Max also wandered up with her, I've posted a picture of him on here before. The two of them were inseparable. In fact, after Max died, I had a dream that I was standing inside an empty shack with the doors torn off and the windows busted out and watched as Max walked though, paying me no attention as he looked at his dry water bowl. It broke my heart that he paid me no attention after I hadn't seen him in so long. I woke up in a cold sweat after he looked at his bowl and then looked at me and growled. I've had a LOT of communications in my dreams (stories for another thread) but only once about an animal, and never at that level. I immediately remembered that I forgot to fill Lady's water bowl up and walked outside at around 3 in the morning to fill it up. She came running up to it and drank her fill. Poor little thing. I felt so bad.

This is Lady. 
[Image: 107176649_274757227124420_48788672160015...e=5F2BEA09]

Like I said, I posted this before, but here's Max. He was always happy like this when he saw me, but not in that particular dream. 
[Image: 105947480_977093512761663_26699199093908...e=5F2B09E0]
(07-07-2020, 04:26 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I wish to remain anonymous online. I've already given away too many clues of my whereabouts and who I might be for anyone to know who I am if they thought hard about it (for those that know me in real life).

I love heavy metal, rock,  and blues music.

I took early retirement due to a disability, so now I sit on my ass, collect my pension and disability check, and play on the computer most of the time. tinylaughing

Well, actually, I don't consider it "playing". I'm a digital soldier with the Q army, fighting to spread the truth to the world.

We all need to feel that we offer something important to avoid feeling useless; I found mine.

WWG1WGA   tinycool
Quote:I'm very old. ?

Ugh.  Now the site isn't preserving the use of html code at all.  Guess I'll stop using those.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(07-07-2020, 11:05 AM)gordi Wrote: I hope that you've enjoyed a wee peek into what I get up to away from Rogue Nation...
Now, what about YOU? (Don't be Shy!)

G

This sort of explains it in a simplified, and clean fashion.

[Image: FN-bike.jpg][Image: FN-cup.jpg]

I will let you in on a secret, to be a SANE (Sexual Nurse Examiner}, you have to be a little insane.

Seriously, I love my job, to stay effective, you have to take occasional down time. The backwoods, my dogs, and my garbage garden keeps me grounded. I have amazing friends, family, and neighbors that remind me constantly of how wonderful people truly are, and how blessed I truly am.

Dealing with the underside of humanity and having to often walk into the den of Satan, you can easily become jaded, frustrated, and give up hope. Walking in the sunshine, volunteering in community efforts, and being the Coffee Lady, at church, helps me remember that at work I only see a tiny section of the world, and just because it is so dark, I can't allow it to blind me to the beauty this world has to offer. 

So that is me and what I do.
(07-07-2020, 04:26 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I wish to remain anonymous online. I've already given away too many clues of my whereabouts and who I might be for anyone to know who I am if they thought hard about it (for those that know me in real life).

I love heavy metal, rock,  and blues music.

I know who you are. ;)
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
Up until today , union elevator constructor  for 33 years. Got laid off today, so I may just go ahead and retire.
(07-07-2020, 10:10 PM)kdog Wrote: Up until today , union elevator constructor  for 33 years. Got laid off today, so I may just go ahead and retire.

You may find yourself like me. I retired, only to be recruited into so many other things that I finally realized I retire from one job, but the world did not retire me.
(07-07-2020, 04:11 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: But many years ago, there was something something about a staring contest across a military frontier with the Soviet Army.  Well . . . me, and about 150,000 other guys tinybiggrin 

First of 20 questions: "Did you have a range card with the heading 'Fulda Gap' on it?" - asking for a friend...

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(07-07-2020, 10:10 PM)kdog Wrote: Up until today , union elevator constructor  for 33 years. Got laid off today, so I may just go ahead and retire.

Life has it's ups and downs mate.  I'm semi-retired cutting and splitting firewood timber at home.  My' true love' works which supplements our income.

Kind regrads,

Bally:)
(07-07-2020, 10:19 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:

You may find yourself like me. I retired, only to be recruited into so many other things that I finally realized I retire from one job, but the world did not retire me.

I wouldn't doubt that would happen to me. . I have worked from the age of 13 until 55. 

I am basically a jack of all trades, but master of none. I started off as working on the farm we had as a kid. Went to college and got a 2 year degree in electronics in 1987. Repaired video games and electronics til I got into the elevator biz. Now, I am basically a welder, a pipe fitter, a plumber, an appliance repair, an electrician and computer and electronics guy. Not to mention part time mechanical engineer. 

Think I will find something to do to supplement my income.
Currently sitting on my trump bucks and unemployment...however at some point I will be back out there building trade shows, conventions, and concerts. I am a freelance lighting tech...who sometimes is a lighting designer. I even have some of my work featured online. My last tour was as a fill in LD for Old Crow Medicine Show.

If you ever meet someone famous...always treat them like a normal Joe. I swear this will get you places and they will like you. My insider tip for the thread...

[Image: 0717191513.jpg]
(07-07-2020, 11:41 PM)RickyD Wrote: Currently sitting on my trump bucks and unemployment...however at some point I will be back out there building trade shows, conventions, and concerts. I am a freelance lighting tech...who sometimes is a lighting designer. I even have some of my work featured online. My last tour was as a fill in LD for Old Crow Medicine Show.

If you ever meet someone famous...always treat them like a normal Joe. I swear this will get you places and they will like you. My insider tip for the thread...

[Image: 0717191513.jpg]

Can't wait for live concerts to come back. And about treating famous folks as normal, I always do. I have met a few in my time. They are mostly like me and you, just performers.
(07-07-2020, 10:10 PM)kdog Wrote: Got laid off today, so I may just go ahead and retire.

That's pretty much what happened to me too.  Boss asked if I wanted to go home and not get 'stuck' when Covid was ramping up.  Caught one of the last flights back to America.  Got my last payment with a note saying, "Thanks.  We won't be calling on you again."  TBH, there's a bigger call coming for my services right here at home.

Uhhh, no dog ... it's puff, puff, pass.
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
Well, I guess I’ve done a few things. I spent eight years in the U.S. Navy active duty, where I met my husband. Dragged him to Wisconsin and married him a couple of years later. About four years after that, I found myself in the Navy Reserves, where I rose in the enlisted ranks from E3 to E7. After 12 years in the Reserves, I was retired. Best annual training I ever had was at the NATO School in Oberammergau Germany, in 2006, during the World Cup. I had the time of my life. So it was a great career.

In my civilian career, I started as a secretary for the county land and water conservation department, then the parks department. Then I decided that was kinda boring and became an administrative associate for the county human services department. I started out in economic support, then my final position was with the mental health clinic. After 22 years with the county, I decided to retire at 55. I loved my job and coworkers, but had a batshit crazy sociopath as a boss, and it took a serious toll on my mental health. 

My husband and I had bought our first house together about eight months before I retired. I wanted to spend more time with him, since he had retired in 2014. His health wasn’t good. He had quadruple bypass heart surgery in 2014, and wound up having a stroke too. He wound up with type II diabetes too. In February of this year, he had another stroke. He cannot take care of himself and needs 24/7 round the clock care. So his stay in the nursing home is permanent. I’ve spent the last four months adjusting to being alone. It feels weird, and I still cry sometimes and miss him. I know he’s getting the best of care though. Mentally, he is good to go most of the time. He was really confused shortly after the stroke, but is much better in that regard. I do window visits with him at the nursing home. 

If COVID-19 ever fades off, I want to look into volunteering my time. Having worked at human services for 11 years has really made me see how many people need help. Otherwise, I enjoy my retirement life. I have a number of hobbies, and am looking to get into some more hobbies. I love to read, about 2-3 books a week on average. I walk 3-4 miles a day so that I’m not sitting on my ass so much. And I have good friends, and a loving family who I keep in touch with. I like to collect interesting rocks, shells, and geodes. Life is good, and is precious. I’m really enjoying reading all your posts on this thread and others. I’m curious (okay, really nosy!) and like to know about people.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
@"ChiefD" 
You are Curious?
You sure?
Link

My English may not be the best, I think I rewrote this from my intro thread at H. H.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(07-08-2020, 02:54 AM)guohua Wrote: @"ChiefD" 
You are Curious?
You sure?
Link

My English may not be the best, I think I rewrote this from my intro thread at H. H.

Oh My God! That was awesome! That would make a great movie.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]