Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Fluffy Bunny Feet [FBF2020]"
My entry...

The early morning sunlight slowly forced it's way through the dusty, old, Venetian blinds...crawling steadily across the clothing-cluttered floor until it hit Kevin's side of the bed.

Kevin was not asleep. 
It seemed as if sleep would never again be at hand to rescue Kevin by helping him to smother his demons.
The morning light, for it's part, seemed only to further taunt him with offerings of new shadows to further contrast and define the aged derelict he felt he had now become. 

Kevin looked over at his mate, resting silently beside him. Karen was still as beautiful as the first day they had met. That day...a day now long past, yet, remembered for nothing beyond Karen...held the genesis of all his most treasured moments.

Years ago, in what seemed to be by the purest serendipity, they found themselves beside each other in that quaint little shop...in that quaint little town. 
At that moment, Kevin felt he had found his partner for life...and that they were made for each other.
He knew Karen felt it too...and she did.

From that moment on, Kevin and Karen were inseparable. They did everything together; never concerned about their destination, while simply enjoying their journey together. 

Of course,...that was all before the accident.

That damned accident...on that damned street...caused by that damned 18 yr. old 'daddy's girl' texting while driving her new BMW 3-Series 328i/Graduation Present.

The impact in the crosswalk was sudden and unexpected; the damage, devastating and life altering.
Kevin never even saw it happening.

The doctors said the leg was severely crushed...with multiple catastrophic compound fractures to the femur, tibia and fibula. Muscle, tendon and cartilage was irreparably damaged beyond saving...and they said that leg must go.
From that day forward, Kevin and Karen would never be the same together.

That was all well over a year ago...and over that time, Kevin had spent many sad, restless days and long, sleepless nights shuffling between the bar, the fridge and the bed.
Each trip, he felt, took him further and further away from his beautiful mate and all those beautiful days they shared together...before the accident. 

His hygiene suffered greatly and Kevin was becoming tired, ragged and worn out. Kevin smelt of old sweat and stagnant body odor...and now...there was the foot fungus. 

And, yet, through it all, here, still, was his faithful partner Karen, resting quietly by his side under the bed....her fluffy bunny slipper ears and fluffy bunny slipper body still looking as fresh, new and beautiful as that day their owner lost the leg that wore her.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Brilliant!

EPIC!

When the movie comes out, who'll play Kevin & Karen?
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
(07-04-2020, 12:33 AM)beez Wrote: Brilliant!

EPIC!

We're talking with Rachel Maddow's people.

Quote:My entry...

The early morning sunlight slowly forced it's way through the dusty, old, Venetian blinds...crawling steadily across the clothing-cluttered floor until it hit Kevin's side of the bed.

Kevin was not asleep. 
It seemed as if sleep would never again be at hand to rescue Kevin by helping him to smother his demons.
The morning light, for it's part, seemed only to further taunt him with offerings of new shadows to further contrast and define the aged derelict he felt he had now become. 

Kevin looked over at his mate, resting silently beside him. Karen was still as beautiful as the first day they had met. That day...a day now long past, yet, remembered for nothing beyond Karen...held the genesis of all his most treasured moments.

Years ago, in what seemed to be by the purest serendipity, they found themselves beside each other in that quaint little shop...in that quaint little town. 
At that moment, Kevin felt he had found his partner for life...and that they were made for each other.

From that moment on, Kevin and Karen were inseparable. They did everything together; never concerned about their destination, while simply enjoying their journey together. 

That damned accident...on that damned street...caused by that damned 18 yr. old 'daddy's girl' texting while driving her new BMW 3-Series 328i/Graduation Present.

The impact in the crosswalk was sudden and unexpected; the damage, devastating and life altering.

The doctors said the leg was severely crushed...with multiple catastrophic compound fractures to the femur, tibia and fibula. Muscle, tendon and cartilage was irreparably damaged beyond saving...and they said that leg must go.

That was all well over a year ago...and over that time, Kevin had spent many sad, restless days and long, sleepless nights shuffling between the bar, the fridge and the bed.
Each trip, he felt, took him further and further away from his beautiful mate and all those beautiful days they shared together...before the accident. 

His hygiene suffered greatly and Kevin was becoming tired, ragged and worn out. Kevin smelt of old sweat and stagnant body odor...and now...there was the foot fungus. 

And, yet, through it all, here, still, was his faithful partner Karen, resting quietly by his side under the bed....her fluffy bunny slipper ears and fluffy bunny slipper body still looking as fresh, new and beautiful as that day their owner lost the leg that wore her.

Now that was interesting,,, Thank You  minusculebeercheers
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
minusculeclap minusculeguzzlingbeer
(07-04-2020, 12:42 AM)guohua Wrote:
Quote:My entry...

Kevin was not asleep. 

Now that was interesting,,, Thank You  minusculebeercheers

Thank you.
It was a quickie...but fun to write.

(07-04-2020, 12:41 AM)IAMTAT Wrote:

EPIC!

So Maddow could play both.

Good thinking.

And minusculeclap on the story...  tinybiggrin
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8135]

Thumbs Up 
Awesome story! I really liked it.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
(07-04-2020, 01:57 AM)ChiefD Wrote: Awesome story! I really liked it.

Thanks, Chief!

(07-04-2020, 12:41 AM)IAMTAT Wrote:

EPIC!

I'd prefer Stephen Root.

Get on that.

tinyok
(07-04-2020, 03:58 AM)Kevin666 Wrote: I'd prefer Stephen Root.

Get on that.

tinyok

We're already talking with his lawn guy.
Will keep you posted.

Nice twist at the end, TAT. 👍

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(07-04-2020, 01:38 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Nice twist at the end, TAT. ?

Cheers

Thank you.

Point of curiosity.

In my previous message, can others see the "thumbs up" HTML symbol, or is it just a question mark?

Cheers

(07-04-2020, 05:32 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Point of curiosity.

In my previous message, can others see the "thumbs up" HTML symbol, or is it just a question mark?

Cheers

I see it.

Cheers

I see a "Thumbs Up" in your post but a "Question Mark" here.
That is ODD!
(07-04-2020, 07:17 PM)guohua Wrote:

Cheers

That is ODD!

Yes, looks like however a quote is shown in the text, the HTML character is not carried over.  Not a big deal, as long as the first use of the HTML character is visible.

(07-04-2020, 07:23 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote:
(07-04-2020, 07:17 PM)guohua Wrote:

Cheers

That is ODD!

Yes, looks like however a quote is shown in the text, the HTML character is not carried over.  Not a big deal, as long as the first use of the HTML character is visible.

Yes,  minusculethumbsup2
But it bothers me minusculethumbsup2 still the same.
I assume you are using your own Thumbs-Up thingy. minusculethumbsup
minusculeclap

Didn't see it coming! Awfully nice!!!
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
(07-07-2020, 02:05 AM)Sol Wrote: minusculeclap

Didn't see it coming! Awfully nice!!!

Thank you, Sol.