Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wabbit hunting
Not picking on bunny rabbits here. But taking my girls camping this weekend and wanted to keep going with the life skills lessons. Plan for the weekend:

Setup a snare and catch something small (rabbits squirrel)

Dress, skin, and cook said catch. 

Pan fish while the kiddos are swimming, but pull them in to gut and fillet. 

Probably going to skip friction fire but teach them with a striker this time. 

Tick identification and removal with mom's help.

Ghost stories by the fire. 

Smores (although after making my girls watch Sandlot, they got the scoop on where to put the mallow  tinylaughing ) 

So tell me RN3, what am I missing with 4 solid Wifi free days to really get down to earth with the kiddos?
(07-02-2020, 02:58 AM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: Not picking on bunny rabbits here. But taking my girls camping this weekend and wanted to keep going with the life skills lessons. Plan for the weekend:

Smores (although after making my girls watch Sandlot, they got the scoop on where to put the mallow  tinylaughing ) 

So tell me RN3, what am I missing with 4 solid Wifi free days to really get down to earth with the kiddos?

Just spending time with your children is a gift they'll remember forever.
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
(07-02-2020, 02:58 AM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: Not picking on bunny rabbits here. But taking my girls camping this weekend and wanted to keep going with the life skills lessons. Plan for the weekend:

Squirrel stick is a good bet for squirrel stew.
Indeed. Unfortunately my time with them (while memorable) was random massive roadtrips around the country for food. 

Driving 17 hours to Denver for pizza, then turning around and heading home (as one example) was fun, 75,000 plus miles in 3 years of me getting hungry while watching Diners Driveins and Dives have only taught my kids that food is good. 

Need to get back to the roots for a bit. Real life lessons. And oh, no hard feelings on killing bunnies yeah?  minusculebeercheers
Throw in a good snipe hunt for fun. But just time with them is good enough.

minusculebeercheers
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(07-02-2020, 02:58 AM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: ... taking my girls camping this weekend and wanted to keep going with the life skills lessons.

4 days?
#1. How to keep the bugs off!!  Nothing can ruin it faster (except #2).
#2. Safety check. There'll be sharp and hot things.  "Somebody said ... Fair Warning ... Lord strike that poor boy down."
#3. 4 days?  There will be boredom.  Board games, cards, songs (hopefully you've got an acoustic guitar and a little bit of talent) ...

Anything more would distract.

Have fun.  Make memories.
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
Yeah, part of the outdoor experience is actually sitting still and becoming one with nature.  Hard for kids to do, though.  They want action.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(07-02-2020, 04:28 AM)Snarl Wrote:
(07-02-2020, 02:58 AM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: ... taking my girls camping this weekend and wanted to keep going with the life skills lessons.

4 days?
#1. How to keep the bugs off!!  Nothing can ruin it faster (except #2).
#2. Safety check. There'll be sharp and hot things.  "Somebody said ... Fair Warning ... Lord strike that poor boy down."
#3. 4 days?  There will be boredom.  Board games, cards, songs (hopefully you've got an acoustic guitar and a little bit of talent) ...

Anything more would distract.

Have fun.  Make memories.

I'm hoping the boredom is minimal between the trails / big waterfalls and the survival skills games I'll play. But good call on the safety check! We'll be too far out for medical attention  tinyhuh
(07-02-2020, 11:43 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Yeah, part of the outdoor experience is actually sitting still and becoming one with nature.  Hard for kids to do, though.  They want action.

Cheers

Agree 100%. I could sit out there forever, but not sure the girls will be able to slow their minds down that easy!
Carving wooden mushrooms!
Den building!
HAMMOCKS!!!!!

Hell yeah.... can I come?

G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]