Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mood Music

For @"Grace". This is the thought process when you are travelling half way across a really big nation to get back to a woman you've already married, your True love, and the One and Only.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

No one told me that Tawney Kitaen died two months ago at home. I'm sure it was just an oversight.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Fun to watch

The story behind the song: 

Quote:Today (July 15), Iron Maiden officially released "The Writing on the Wall," their first new song since 2015, which came after an immense and cryptic teaser campaign that intensified in recent weeks. Below are the lyrics to the song as well as some history surrounding the title's meaning.

It all began with promotional flyers touting 'Belshazzar's Feast,' which is the story of the writing on the wall from chapter five in the Book of Daniel in the Bible. It is also the origin of the everyday phrase about seeing the writing on the wall, meaning a certain event is imminent and should be obvious to an observer.

In celebration of the destruction of the First Temple, Belshazzar, a Babylonian prince and son of King Nebuchadnezzar hosts an extravagant feast for a thousand of his lords. The festivities are disrupted when a hand appears and begins to write on a wall, which prompts Belshazzar to call upon his wise men to decipher the text. They are unable to do so, however.
Under the advice of the queen, Belshazzar then summons a captive, Daniel, a figure known for his wisdom, who offers a reminder that Nebuchadnezzar was humbled by god for his arrogance. He then informs Belshazzar, a known blasphemer, that the writing on the wall warns the prince that his life will soon be coming to an end and that his kingdom will be delivered to the Medes and Persians.

The song itself doesn't directly reference the biblical story, but instead uses its lesson as Bruce Dickinson constructed his own narrative, which plays out dramatically in the band's animated "The Writing on the Wall" music video.
Four cloaked riders traverse the desert in an effort to vanquish a political adversary (painted as an American President, as evidenced by the 'Pres 1' license plate and upside down American flags devoid of its 50 stars). Still, the message remains the same, that if an individual fails to recognize the inevitable, it will only end poorly for them.

I'm sure there is more symbolism in there - for example, four riders/ Four Horsemen...

And the lyrics:

Quote:Across a painted desert lies a train of vagabonds
All that’s left of what we were it’s what we have become
Once our empires glorious but now the empire’s gone
The dead gave us the time to live and now our time is done

Now we are victorious we’ve become our slaves
A land of hope and glory building graveyards for the brave

Have you seen the writing on the wall
Have you seen that writing
Can you see the riders on the storm
Can you see them riding ~ can you see them riding

Holding on to fury is that all we ever know
Ignorance our judge and jury all we’ve got to show
From Hollywood to Babylon ~ holy war to kingdom come
On a trail of dust and ashes ~ when the burning sky is done
A tide of change is coming and that is what you fear
The earthquake is a coming but you don’t want to hear
You’re just too blind to see

Have you seen the writing on the wall
Have you seen that writing
Can you see the riders on the storm
Can you see them riding
Can you see them riding. . . Riding next to you

Link to the back story

Quote:Crazy Lixx Lyrics

"Killer"

A cold summer night
See the mist rise from the lake
Their bodies still warm
Though their lives have all escaped
Try not to move
Try not to make a sound
Hearing his footsteps all around

Cause there's a killer
A killer on the run
Yeah there's a killer
A killer on the run
He's prowling the woods
Out in the night
Looking for blood
And he's got you in sight
Yeah there's a killer
A killer on the run

The pale moonlight
Flickers like candles through the trees
Still he's nowhere to be seen
He's out in the dark silently watching you
Waiting to make his final move

Yeah there's a killer
A killer on the run
Yeah there's a killer
A killer on the run
He's prowling the woods
Out in the night
Looking for blood
Yeah there's a killer
A killer on the run

Killer
A killer on the run
He's prowling the woods
Out in the night
Looking for blood
Yeah there's a killer (killer)
A killer on the run
(Killer on the run)
There's a killer
(Killer on the run)
He's prowling the woods
Out in the night
Looking for blood
Yeah there's a killer (killer)
A killer on the run
Killer

It's that time of the year again...

Quote:I got that fever
Burning my head
So many memories
No tear to shed
Burns like a fire

Who stole my aims?
My comrade fighters
Been sent astray

How could I know
What others had in mind for me?
How would they know
What measures I take?

Sole survivor
Of a kill without alert sing your feelings out

Your song remains unheard
Sole survivor

We shared like brothers
A light in the black
Totally blended
Bold and erect
But we've grown intriguers
Till it's too late
Time has brought fire

Fear, greed and hate

Now I'm cryin'
Shattered on the ground
All I find
Has died anyway

Sole survivor
Of a kill without alert sing your feelings out
Your song remains unheard
Sole survivor
Got a voice without a sound
Mean mistreaters

Took away your ground
Sole survivor

[SOLO]

Sole survivor...

Jesus Christ. You want to forget it all, and you can't because forgetting dishonors and commits to nothingness the 47 who didn't survive.

Life ain't fair.

RIP Dusty Hill (he had a brother named "Rocky Hill" - his folks had a warped sense of humor), bass player for ZZ Top, one of the "beard guys" in this video:

Make of it what you will:

been listening to ZZ Top tunes after seeing the sad news Ninurta posted in the shout box. decided to post some favrites in no particular order.

one of the best times of my life, drag racing with my dad. this one makes me think about those days.

had to use this one, loved them the first time i saw it here on the nation. couldn't stop watchin the peanuts jammin.

[

[Image: TWBB.png]

"It's my life
And I'll do what I want
Do what I want
Do what I like"

And she did, right up to the end. April, 1998, she stuck a gun to her head and scattered her brains to the winds. But right up to - and including - the end, she did what she damned well pleased.

This is what the fuck is up.

"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre

Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
To continue from the post above.

Can You Boogie?

Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]