Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mood Music

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Long ago, when I was studying physics at UNCG, I used to do my laundry at a laundromat called "Suds and Duds". It was a place where you could grab a beer, eat some snacks from the bar, and watch TV while your clothes were experiencing the spin cycle.  They did a pretty booming business, as UNCG alone haD 12,000 students at the time, and was only one of 6 colleges and universities in the area.

As it turned out, strippers had laundry to do, too. Apparently they wear clothes on their off time. Who knew? So, scenes like this were not unheard of, if somewhat less dramatic.

Matter of fact, that is how I got started in my exciting career as a DJ/bouncer at local strip clubs - made my contacts at the laundromat, and it went from there. There were, at that time, about 40 strip clubs in that area, so no shortage of strippers needing to do laundry, and no shortage of jobs at strip clubs, so I was set.

Now, most of the clubs I worked at were dives, and folks had to do a lot of double duty. For example, every male in the place was a "bouncer", from the manager through the bartender, down to the DJ (me) and of course the alleged bouncers. I said "exciting career", but the plain truth of it was that if it got exciting, it meant that one of us had handled an adversarial situation poorly.

I recall one night when a gent was getting rowdy, grabbing at one of the girls and getting handsier than was warranted, and the bartender came up to me in the DJ booth and said "we're gonna have to calm that young man down". So of course, I said "well where in the hell is the bouncer to handle it?" and, looking around, I saw him at a corner table chatting up one of the dancers, and ignoring the floor. So I told the bartender to get that bastard's attention by popping him in the back of the head, and I'd go start on the miscreant while he was getting him. That turned out to be one of those "exciting" nights.

Strippers and laundromats - breakfast of champions!

Reminds me of Ukraine for some odd reason.

Babylon A.D. (2008) Opening ( Achozen - Deuces movie version )

[first lines from movie]

Toorop: [voice-over] Save the planet. Whenever I've read that bumper sticker I've had to laugh. Save the planet. What for? And for what, ourselves? What about God, can He help us? I don't think so. God gave us what we have to see how we use it. Shit, rats in a cage would have done it better. Life's a bitch and then you die - bumper sticker philosophy. Yeah, right. Sometimes, you get a second chance.

The round Sigil Tattoo seen on Vin Diesel's neck is known as "The Gate of the Necronomicon" and is protective, symbolizing Man, the Creator and The Watchers.
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.

Aviators - We Rise (Elden Ring Song | Symphonic Rock)

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

My great great grand dad is mentioned in a local paper as having been arrested for killing a Baldwin-Felts agent (just a few hundred yards from where I sit this instant) who was working on contract to the Revenue Service (who did the BATFE job back in those days), but no further mention is made of him in the papers as regards the disposition of the case. The Baldwin-Felts agent was looking for a moonshine still. Bad for him that he got too close to it. However, I have a picture of my great great grand dad holding me as a child (5 generations in that one picture), so he must have got loose somehow and lived to see another day.

Grandpap lived through the Civil War, and then lived through the days when the US occupation government was trying to make life difficult on former Confederates in the annexed formerly Confederate territories to punish them. He survived, and he thrived.

Word to the wise - don't come up this holler looking for trouble and expect not to find it. Those genes still live on.

There are people in this world who are not to be screwed with. And I ain't the only of them one living up here.

Just leave us alone, and you'll live to see another day. That's all it takes on your part.

@"Ninurta"

That's some intriguing family history...tip toes quietly outta the room. tinysurprised

Shadows in the Sky (Awesome storm timelapse)
Music: "The Last Goodbye" Eric Kinny, Danica Dora

I always think (fondly) of @"Ninurta" when this song plays...
"Feral Roots"
by: Rival Sons

"Good judgment comes from experience...
Experience...? Well, that comes from poor judgment."
~ Dean Martin ~

DiDuLa - "Arabica" live in Saint-Petersburg 2004

I was curious about them Russian dancing girls. Found them:

Today is my Dear Old Dad's birthday. He would have been 93 years old today had he managed to survive life.

Poor Boy Jack (Soundtrack from the 1966 Italian comedy 'Treasure Of San Gennaro')

All the heroes i ever knew are dead now.

just another sign of the times, I reckon.

Remember the Heroes.

Happy Memorial Day.

(05-31-2022, 12:03 AM)Ninurta Wrote: All the heroes i ever knew are dead now.

Oh C'mon now, really?! I need a little hopium damn it! On a related note it seems like to me all our great strategy thinkers are gone and/or no longer being listened to as their papers, essays, books, lectures, AND warnings live on, but nobody in our clown leadership is paying any attention. It's all fueling the perfect storm of devastation.

"And the beat goes on"...

Venus Principle - Drag Nets

Welcome to the world, baby boy, I'll paint you red and white and blue
The indoctrination starts as soon as you come out the womb
Pretty quick we'll make you stupid with curriculums at school
And if the classroom doesn't do the trick, we'll make you watch the news
Pick your team, right or left, pick the red pill or the blue
You can vote, but even if you win, still everyone will lose
Don't forget to buy designer because Gucci makes you cool
We prioritize material belongings over truth
Get a job that you can't stand so you can buy some cans of food
Go overseas and die for freedom, there's some oil we could use
Our democracy exists so that you think that you could choose
But our algorithms make you do what we want you to do
What's the problem, you're depressed? Society has you confused?
We got medication for you that you'll probably abuse
Go get married to a lady who also don't have a clue
And pump out a few babies that are just the same as you
Welcome to the system, everyone's a victim
Doesn't matter if you're black or white, it hates you all
Here inside the system, violence is a symptom
Fighting for what's right, but somehow everyone is wrong
Welcome to the world, baby girl, I'll paint you pink if that's okay
We'll encourage self-destruction through the music that you play
We divided all the men by tryin' politics and race
And honestly, it's workin' awesome, so for you we'll do the same
Never teachin' you to love yourself, inject you full of hate
Objectify your sexuality then blame you for the rape
And weaponize the differences that make our men and women great
And just to screw with you, erase the genders, everyone's the same
We'll empower you with rights to vote and fight for equal pay
Then have the men turn into women and you'll fight for them again
But you thought you had it figured out, but everything has changed
Welcome to the system, please enjoy your stay
Here's a Bible and a bottle of the cheapest booze we make
Find a man who can take care of you to fill the holes we made
Buy a house and settle down, fulfill your duty, procreate
And make a couple babies who will also do the same
Welcome to the world, everybody, I'ma paint you black and white
I'ma make you hate each other so that everyone will fight
I'ma give you all religion, let the righteous find the light
But I will also give you science to oppose the Word of Christ
And I'ma give you borders, they're imaginary lines
If you cross them, go to war and win when everybody dies
And I'ma give you money that you'll value more than life
And let the one percent have everything while you fight to survive
And then I'll give you politics, I'll call it left and right
And while you divide yourselves, I will conquer both the sides
Can't you see? I'm the system, my whole purpose is divide
What you choose will never matter because everything is mine

"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
The Rocky Horror Picture Show - TimeWarp - Madness takes it toll

Jeff Beck and Johnny Depp - Isolation (Premiered May 12, 2020)

Cole Porter - Anything Goes

Amazing crafty lyrics. A song written by Cole Porter for his 1934 musical of the same name, set aboard an ocean liner. Many of the lyrics feature humorous references to various figures of scandal and gossip in Depression-era high society. "Anything Goes" was notably featured in the 1984 film "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom."
1934: Anything Goes
2022: Everything Went