Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bounty o' the Garden
(07-07-2020, 11:57 PM)guohua Wrote: OMG!  tinylaughing
I just bought a cartoon at Fry's food market.
Yours looks better and I bet taste better too!

They are Alpine strawberries and I should have put something on them for a size reference... that is a 2 1/2 gallon bowl.

They are a supersweet variety and as organic as you can get.

I bought some pomegranate and fig trees about 10 years ago and the seller threw in 50 strawberry starts.

Now we have about 600 or so plants... we get about 300 pounds of strawberries a year from them now.

I make a lot of strawberry wine.... LOL
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8135]

(07-08-2020, 12:07 AM)guohua Wrote: @"NightskyeB4Dawn" 
You eat Jackfruit?  tinylaughing
That is Delicious when ripe, you can not find good ones here.
You're lucky!  minusculethumbsup2

I love Jack fruit. I had my first Jack fruit back over 20 years ago. My dearest friend was born in China but was raised in Thailand when her mother became the second wife for some wealthy guy and he moved them to Thailand. She brought over a Jack fruit to celebrate me moving into my new house. We sat on the kitchen floor and ate the fruit. It was so much fun. I have not gotten my nerve up yet to try Durian.

That was my introduction, but it grows well here in this area and my neighbors are kind and generous.
(07-08-2020, 12:15 AM)Lumenari Wrote:
(07-07-2020, 11:57 PM)guohua Wrote: OMG!  tinylaughing
I just bought a cartoon at Fry's food market.
Yours looks better and I bet taste better too!

They are Alpine strawberries and I should have put something on them for a size reference... that is a 2 1/2 gallon bowl.

They are a supersweet variety and as organic as you can get.

I bought some pomegranate and fig trees about 10 years ago and the seller threw in 50 strawberry starts.

Now we have about 600 or so plants... we get about 300 pounds of strawberries a year from them now.

I make a lot of strawberry wine.... LOL

How are your pomegranates doing? My brother's are about ten years old and they are not doing well at all.
(07-08-2020, 01:57 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: How are your pomegranates doing? My brother's are about ten years old and they are not doing well at all.

I took a huge risk with them because I live in a zone 5b or a 6, depending on who you ask...

But we got I think 5 dozen good fruit from the 3 of them them last year.

Here it depends on how far they die back in the winter.

The nice part is they are pretty maintenance free... there is nothing here that is a pest or fungus for them.

I'll take some pictures this fall and share.

tinycool

(07-08-2020, 02:17 AM)Lumenari Wrote:
(07-08-2020, 01:57 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: How are your pomegranates doing? My brother's are about ten years old and they are not doing well at all.

I took a huge risk with them because I live in a zone 5b or a 6, depending on who you ask...

But we got I think 5 dozen good fruit from the 3 of them them last year.

Here it depends on how far they die back in the winter.

The nice part is they are pretty maintenance free... there is nothing here that is a pest or fungus for them.

I'll take some pictures this fall and share.

tinycool

That will be great! Thanks.
(07-07-2020, 09:47 PM)Lumenari Wrote: Strawberry season here... we're getting about 5 pounds every two days so far.

So lots of goodies to make and a bunch of fresh strawberries going to friends...

tinybiggrin

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8045]
Lum, those look super!  Strawberries and bananas are a super milkshake combo.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(07-08-2020, 06:59 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Lum, those look super!  Strawberries and bananas are a super milkshake combo.

Cheers

THAT is our favorite combo, actually! If only I could grow bananas here... tinyshocked

Sad 
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
 All the crops look amazing ya'll!!  I really struggled this year, mostly lost my battle with a grasshopper plague and the heat.  Will try again next year with a new strategy lol.
We have boxwoods that got hit hard by a moth/worm that comes from China.  Kills the bush by devouring it unless treated in time.

Cheers

(06-30-2020, 04:40 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: This is what the bush looks like (image: Wikimedia).

[Image: 527px-Ribes_rubrum_1.jpg]

Cheers

They look Yum mate.  After planting, how long to harvest?

Bally:)
Hi @"Bally002",

Ours had grown a bit when we bought them from the nursery.

This URL is a guide to the plant.  Sounds like you'll have berries from the first year.

https://www.wikihow.com/Grow-Redcurrants

Berries are good.  Not sweet, but not very tart, either.  There is also a variant with black berries, I think those are more tart.

Cheers