Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
We're fake news
(06-30-2020, 03:02 AM)beez Wrote: Any opinion that does not conform to the current social media norm is considered taboo and must be abolished, punished, silenced.

The Credo of the Establishment..! You hit the nail right on the head, Beez.
minusculethumbsup
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Ok for a long time RN3 was a small group of active posters, not big enough for anyone to be bothered with, so why the listing ?. We were never a "news" site, at the best shared the news from different countries and  about how we feel.  Nothing to be worth any list, indeed putting us on the list will only bring us into the light. 
So could it be someone who was a member and has contacts with the left "reported us" out of anger and revenge?.
Fun times, fun times
(06-30-2020, 09:31 AM)Wallfire Wrote: Ok for a long time RN3 was a small group of active posters, not big enough for anyone to be bothered with, so why the listing ?. We were never a "news" site, at the best shared the news from different countries and  about how we feel.  Nothing to be worth any list, indeed putting us on the list will only bring us into the light. 
So could it be someone who was a member and has contacts with the left "reported us" out of anger and revenge?.
Fun times, fun times

Who knows what the reason that we appeared on that list might be.... it could be just noticed-activity of transferring
from one site to another, someone in the dumb bitch's circle who said something to someone else or even a disgruntled
ATS employee (not on the list, remember) who knew somebody in the shit-stirring media and didn't like the migration.

The reality is that websites like Rogue Nation draw people away from the Gate-Keeping established media and if a certain
site's ranks suddenly enlarge, it's another reflection on the MSM's failure to corral the people it sells its wares to.
RN3 a news site...? Only in the manner that we take what these ass-holes write and discuss them.

Maybe Ms. Fuck-face sees us a medical dispensary, a place where red-pilling is performed and she doesn't like it!
minusculethumbsup
(06-30-2020, 09:41 AM)BIAD Wrote:
(06-30-2020, 09:31 AM)Wallfire Wrote: Ok for a long time RN3 was a small group of active posters, not big enough for anyone to be bothered with, so why the listing ?. We were never a "news" site, at the best shared the news from different countries and  about how we feel.  Nothing to be worth any list, indeed putting us on the list will only bring us into the light. 
Fun times, fun times

Who knows what the reason that we appeared on that list might be.... it could be just noticed-activity of transferring
from one site to another, someone in the dumb bitch's circle who said something to someone else or even a disgruntled
ATS employee (not on the list, remember) who knew somebody in the shit-stirring media and didn't like the migration.

The reality is that websites like Rogue Nation draw people away from the Gate-Keeping established media and if a certain
site's ranks suddenly enlarge, it's another reflection on the MSM's failure to corral the people it sells its wares to.
RN3 a news site...? Only in the manner that we take what these ass-holes write and discuss them.

Maybe Ms. Fuck-face sees us a medical dispensary, a place where red-pilling is performed and she doesn't like it!
minusculethumbsup
So will ATS return as a voice for the left ?, has it always been the voice of the left ?, communism always controls from inside till it gets power
Now that we are on the list expect that infighting here will slowly start.
(06-29-2020, 03:47 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: At least, according to the (ahem) dailydot.  #101 on their list, as of April.

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/fake-news...-facebook/

I haven't seen anyone here trying to push bogus reports as "news".  A lot of topics being discussed with a variety of opinions.

These kind of labels and accusations are absurd.

Cheers

Hey, thanks for the list of sites to check out given that they're all probably just sites that don't swallow MSM's propaganda hook, line and sinker.
They have had this site on a list since at least April.  I don't think the recent moves from ATS are the reason.

I think the internet is full of agents.  Some agent came across this site and wigged out when they saw people here had their own thoughts.

It is a reminder of the old Second World War warning:

[Image: s26-RGL005.jpg]

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(06-30-2020, 06:40 AM)Schmoe1 Wrote: Reading these responses here inspired me, we should have a weekly roast thread.  Asshole of the week or something.

tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing
It may be the fault of @"BIAD" and I. About 10 years ago, we angered a fringe Woo-woo cult and drove them back into the shadows. They have been seeking an opportunity to snipe at us ever since, and have tried to stealthily stalk us. Trying to stir shit by reporting us as "fake news" when we are not a news site at all is right up their alley. Their M.O. was always attempts to confuse, obfuscate, and control the narrative by throwing out spurious and untrue bullshit in an attempt to put the heat on us and distract attention away from themselves and what they were up to after we shined the spotlight on them.

They were never very good at it, and "reporting" us to the folks who compiled the list is a prime example of what their antics were like.

Watch for goofy YouTube videos about Rogue Nation. If it's them, that will likely identify them.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

If anything, it's quite a long list and it's nice to see that we're not the only ones using critical thinking and common sense when discussing daily media brainwash.

That is exactly what being a Rogue represents and without even them knowing, all these other alternative "news" sites fit the term.

The more the better.

I find it ironic that the way they've described fake news is exactly how I see regular daily media news...

Quote:Fake News (tag fake): Sources that entirely fabricate information, disseminate deceptive content, or grossly distort actual news reports.
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
(06-30-2020, 11:11 AM)Ninurta Wrote: It may be the fault of @"BIAD" and I. About 10 years ago, we angered a fringe Woo-woo cult and drove them back into the shadows. They have been seeking an opportunity to snipe at us ever since, and have tried to stealthily stalk us. Trying to stir shit by reporting us as "fake news" when we are not a news site at all is right up their alley. Their M.O. was always attempts to confuse, obfuscate, and control the narrative by throwing out spurious and untrue bullshit in an attempt to put the heat on us and distract attention away from themselves and what they were up to after we shined the spotlight on them.

They were never very good at it, and "reporting" us to the folks who compiled the list is a prime example of what their antics were like.

Watch for goofy YouTube videos about Rogue Nation. If it's them, that will likely identify them.

Well, if it is those guys, we've grown a little since that debacle of 'Light-Bringers' or whatever they were called!
(06-30-2020, 11:44 AM)BIAD Wrote: Well, if it is those guys, we've grown a little since that debacle of 'Light-Bringers' or whatever they were called!

Light WARRIORS, @"BIAD". They called themselves "Light WARRIORS". Goodness, don't demean 'em - you might get 'em riled up again and cause 'em to muss up their diapers!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(06-30-2020, 11:55 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(06-30-2020, 11:44 AM)BIAD Wrote: Well, if it is those guys, we've grown a little since that debacle of 'Light-Bringers' or whatever they were called!

Light WARRIORS, @"BIAD". They called themselves "Light WARRIORS". Goodness, don't demean 'em - you might get 'em riled up again and cause 'em to muss up their diapers!

I will amend my comment, 'Light WARRIORS' but they can bite my big-one if they think I'll take the knee for the error!!!
(06-30-2020, 11:39 AM)Sol Wrote: If anything, it's quite a long list and it's nice to see that we're not the only ones using critical thinking and common sense
when discussing daily media brainwash.

That is exactly what being a Rogue represents and without even them knowing, all these other alternative "news" sites fit the term...

Exactly. Sticks & Stones May Break My Bones, but word-smithing today....? Well, yer' gotta get better at it, Ms. Zimdars!
(06-30-2020, 06:40 AM)Schmoe1 Wrote: Meh, just another wannabe Diane Sawyer turd trying to make a name for herself by bashing others.  I wonder if she's actually spent more than 5 minutes on this site?

Reading these responses here inspired me, we should have a weekly roast thread.  Asshole of the week or something.

I actually like that idea, "Asshole Roasting" weekly thread.   minusculeflamethrower

I'm sure we can find eligible participants out there. minusculerolleyes

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

(06-29-2020, 04:13 PM)gordi Wrote: That original Fake News Site list was complied by:

Melissa “Mish” Zimdars

Assistant Professor, Communication and Media, Merrimack College, North Andover, MA.

Tel: 978-837-5000

Email:  zimdarsm@merrimack.edu

Oh look:
There she is!
[Image: 18254_MelissaZimdars.rev.1517947654.jpg]

On the original list, Ms Zimdars applies various tags to the sites which she feels don't offer "Real" news.
The tag that she applied to RN3 was "FAKE"
And her description of that tag reads thus:

Quote:Fake News (tag fake): Sources that entirely fabricate information, disseminate deceptive content, or grossly distort actual news reports. 

I'd REALLY like to know which information we "fabricated", which content was "deceptive" or which news reports were "grossly distorted"??

G

Don't be a 'Karen'   (((above picture)))

Think for yourself a.k.a. Critical Thinker

Don't hesitate to question the MSM 
Many are just opinionated pieces passed off as "news", with a slanted agenda, spinning the direction of the story to suit their purpose.

Don't be intimidated by the naysayers who might slam you for thinking outside the box.

Stand up for yourself.
Be Proud.
Be Rogue.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

(06-30-2020, 11:05 AM)drussell41 Wrote:
(06-30-2020, 06:40 AM)Schmoe1 Wrote: Reading these responses here inspired me, we should have a weekly roast thread.  Asshole of the week or something.

tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing
News cycle too fast...bung bag of the 24 hr. dive bar/blossom shop open all night variety. 
Monday-Any Seattle elected official
Tuesday- Over educated Statue trashing chicken breasted white men
Wednesday-The Chinese Communist Party for inflicting Covid19 upon the world 
Thursday-The Chinese Communist Party for creating a new gestapo surveillance force in Hong Kong
Friday-(its a tie) Bill DeBlasio's Paintbrush vs Nancy Pelosi's Dentures
(07-03-2020, 01:29 AM)senona Wrote: Don't be a 'Karen'   (((above picture)))

Many are just opinionated pieces passed off as "news", with a slanted agenda, spinning the direction of the story to suit their purpose.

Don't be intimidated by the naysayers who might slam you for thinking outside the box.

Stand up for yourself.
Be Proud.
Be Rogue.

Are you talking to me or her?

G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
(07-03-2020, 01:29 AM)senona Wrote: Think for yourself a.k.a. Critical Thinker

Many are just opinionated pieces passed off as "news", with a slanted agenda, spinning the direction of the
story to suit their purpose...

These are true words.

One only has to look at the Class-structure of today's mainstream media to see that the social level of information
-gathering is set in an environment where restaurants, boutiques and wine-bars are the major concerns during this
recent plague news-fest.

How many of these so-called Journalists investigate drug-use and the origins of local infestation from drug-gangs?
Even a small-time Reporter wouldn't sully themselves with such an undertaking, instead, they manufacture a piece
gleaned from Police issues and what they assume would look good to their Editors.

That's why politics is always the top headline. It involves nothing more than an embargoed statement from a
Government body, a 'suggestive' article that implies the author is well-informed and up to speed with that
specific situation and a light promise that the Government will probably agree with the author.

When in reality, he/she is just holding onto the officially-halted (and agreed to by all media) document until the
appropriate time and all the narrative is gleaned from it in the first place!

Reality of the masses is merely entertainment for them to display.

A black lesbian with ginger hair in a wheelchair is an ideal candidate for a news item because she ticks many of
the boxes in identity-politics, a facet of discourse that ensures ratings. They don't give a f*ck about the fact that
she's a female of colour, a carpet-muncher and can't walk... that's just good optics for the camera-crew.

You may notice on many television media services that there'll be a piece on a mother -not a woman and NEVER
a father, where a mother arrives at a problem with her child -usually a girl. The strong and powerful mother seems
to struggle with the situation and blames 'de' Guvment' for her plight and the viewer is left with the final words
from the Reporter that those in power are letting you down.

The recorded piece is usually poignant and relevant to a current political situation.
But nobody asks: how is it that a capital-city-based media company managed to find this particular emotive incident
and know that the female in the circumstances won't say:

"it's the fuckin' media's fault, they're shite!"
Or
"Well, since I let Satan into my life, my lickle girl seems to not like sacrificial abuse"
Or
"My Pa -the one with the fancy Cadillac, he told me heroin is good for you"

No, they never say the wrong thing and it's hoped that the viewer is left with a tear on their cheek.

It's theatre... it's butter-patted staged-managed drama and it can be done by small-town media outfit or cut from
a whole cloth of fabrication by large media corporations. Many of those interviewed are activists who have large
and small agendas.
Many are simply fellow-employees who understand the need to keep this type of 'infotainment' alive because
they have bills to pay and become the 'interviewee' for a couple of minutes.

My anecdote is the one where Tony Blair -the Prime Minister of the UK at the time, visited the newspaper where
I worked. There was a Union Representative from another industry who wanted to meet him during the visit, but
Blair's advisers had said no.

Not wishing to piss anyone off and still look favourable to both sides, the next day's paper showed a large photograph
of Mr. Blair in the same room as the Union Rep and seemingly happy to meet him. The room was in the offices of this
newspaper outlet.

They both were in the room, but not at the same time and that was where I came in. Doing what I was paid for and
securing next moth's mortgage payment, two images were neatly spliced into one.

Moral standards aside, my intrigue was piqued on how the two photographs were set so that each individual looked
like they were greeting each other... what were the odds of obtaining two images that would work like that?

The answer was that it had been discussed and planned before the two encounters. An Editor would reach out to
shake the Union Rep's hand and a photo would be taken, guaranteeing appropriate facial features from the Rep.
The same -although with full knowledge of the deceit by Tony Blair's Press Secretary --Alistair Campbell, was done
to the Prime Minister.

But the real problem with all of this isn't that it's fake news, it's that it's 'Establishment' fake news.
It's theirs, it's accepted propaganda that has always gone on and can only be performed by the allowed groups.

Rogue Nation gives opinions and usually based on sourced material. Ms. Zimdars is merely pointing out that we
are not in that 'chosen' crowd. 
tinysure
(07-03-2020, 09:16 AM)gordi Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 01:29 AM)senona Wrote: Don't be a 'Karen'   (((above picture)))

Stand up for yourself.
Be Proud.
Be Rogue.

Are you talking to me or her?

G

Although you do look cute in a kilt, you do not look like a Karen. smallgreensmoker

a.k.a. 'snarky412'