Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Wholistic Medicine] Unrefined Salts, Spinach And Seaweed!
Disclaimer: I am NOT a qualified Dr, Nurse  or Nutritional expert , I just found this stuff online, ... so take everything I say with a pinch of salt [punny considering the title] and get yourself a 2nd opinion before trying any of this stuff! @yourownrisk!

Explanation: Because I am interested in herbal alchemy which requires burning the herbs to ashes to obtain the salts, I decided to get myself informed about the various salts etc so that I don't end up poisoning myself and so I did some research and found this youtube video on salt by a Dr David Brownstein ...

Salt your way to health. [part 1 of 5] 12mins

In this video the Dr focuses on bringing to light studies on wholistic medicine minerals and vitamins and shows that these studies show that the vitamins and minerals reduce major sicknesses for mere pennies a day and he asks the audience to show him big pharma drugs that do the same for the same low cost.

The studies he showed individually involved Selenium, Magnesium, Folate, Coenzyme Q10, Vitamin D & E and I looked up plants online using google that were high in those nutrients and Spinach came up every time! [You can do this yourself to confirm what I am saying.]

[Image: Spinach-1.jpg]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinach#Nutrition

[note you might have to open the nutrition chart on wiki 1st to view the data]

Spinach also has extreme levels of vitamin K.

There are 4 more videos in the series and I would simply summarize them by stating the Dr's basic premise is STAY AWAY from refined salt [bad for you] and TAKE unrefined salt [good for you because it contains minerals] and consume about 1/4 teaspoon of salt per liter of water that you drink [or are supposed to drink..its 2liters a day so that's two teaspoons of salt].

And he also talked a little about the importance of taking Iodine naturally [to which I assume he means seaweed] to combat bromine sickness and thyroid issues.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edible_seaweed

Personal Disclosure: I strongly advocate for taking natural herbal and plant remedies for health reasons before defaulting to big pharma chemicals. tinysure

So I recommend that, barring any dietary restrictions one has, that one makes a sunflower oil [high in vitamin E], unrefined salts [high in minerals], wheat flour [high in b3,b5,b6 vitamins and phosphorus, manganese and selenium minerals] dough to make a quiche base into which one puts spinach, seaweed, eggs and milk [both high in iodine] and bake a unrefined salt, spinach and seaweed super food quiche.

[Image: seaweed_quiche3.jpg]

If one compares those foods in the wiki spinach nutrition chart one will notice that nearly very single vitamin and mineral is covered by those ingredients.

I don't have a  proper recipe for this yet BUT I am working on it and I will post that in Rogues Rations forum when I get around to it.

Please take the time to watch all 5 videos [they are all under 12mins in length, 1 hr total] and I thank Dr David Brownstein for informing me greatly.

If anybody has any seaweed and spinach quiche recipes suggestions please post them!

If anybody has personal experience with taking unrefined salt for health reasons please post your own results!

If anybody has experience in growing spinach please post the do's and don't's of that!

Bring on the Popeye memes! tinylaughing

[Image: popoye.jpg]
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!
Yes, Yes and Yes!
BUT, there are things to watch for, the swelling of legs or ankles and Headaches or Blurred Vision and of-course the Thyroid in the Neck Area.

Now, Sea Salt is Healthier.

Any form of Herbal that's not bought on the store shelves is good for you.
You have Plants in your front or back yards that you've been trained to call Weeds That are Very, very Good for you when Boiled or added to a Salad.

Yes My Friend OmegaLogos, You're Right and keep us informed!!!!
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]