Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Show, not so much Tell (new location)
Appalachia.

Riding in the car through TN when I was a kid, I would note the mist rising off the hills and ask my father what was the cause.

Those darn rabbits. tinybiggrin 

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(10-03-2020, 06:21 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Appalachia.

Riding in the car through TN when I was a kid, I would note the mist rising off the hills and ask my father what was the cause.

Those darn rabbits. tinybiggrin 

Cheers
@"F2d5thCav" 

Oh, okay.   smallroflmao
(10-03-2020, 06:05 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: These are from the internet because I don't have any pics on my new computer yet.  I've been to all these places, so just pretend I'm taking these from my own camera.

Fall is my favorite of all seasons. I'll be getting out as soon as I see the first leaf turn here and driving up to the mountains to get some real pics to share here.

In the mean time, enjoy these of the Smoky Mountains in the Fall:

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmygatlinburg.files.word...f=1&nofb=1]

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3...%3DApi&f=1]

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lovethesepics.com%2F...f=1&nofb=1]

The leaves started turning here this week, but are not yet in full color - keep you're eyes peeled.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Here is a picture I pulled off face book by someone who lives in my area.  Over 5 inches of snow fell where I am. I think this location (not far from me) may have a bit more.

MERRY CHRISTMAS! 

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8857]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Here's my gray day:

Back yard -

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8858]

Front battlements (Note that the bridge across the moat just this side of the church is mine, so I can blow it up any old time I like and no one can say "boo" about it so long as I don't try to turn it in on insurance. Don't think for a second it's not already rigged.) - 

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8859]

Deck - 

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8860]

Some beardy old bastard that got stranded here last night when the weather took a rough turn - 

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8861]

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(12-26-2020, 02:30 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Here's my gray day:

Back yard -

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8858]

@"Ninurta", I see Bigfoot has begun making himself a shelter just behind your picnic table.  Might want to keep an eye out for when he returns with more trees to add.   tinyhuh
(12-26-2020, 02:49 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: @"Ninurta", I see Bigfoot has begun making himself a shelter just behind your picnic table.  Might want to keep an eye out for when he returns with more trees to add.   tinyhuh

That's actually a trap. Don' ask how it works - it's a little grisly. Errr... umm... I mean yeah. Bigfoot keeps an eye on that picnic table, on account of food randomly appearing on it!

Came wandering into the neighborhood a month ago or so.

[Image: 20201108-121841.jpg]

On a recent stroll.

[Image: 20201205-143800.jpg]

Cheers

Birds of winter.

[Image: birds.jpg]

Cheers

A treeline starkly outlined against the winter landscape and faded sky.

[Image: treeline-winter.jpg]

Cheers

Winter sun on the water.

[Image: sun-over-water-small-2.jpg]

Cheers

Was out picking blackberries today when Quality Control showed up.

Of course, watching is hard work, and so, a break was taken.  tinywondering

[Image: qc.jpg]

Cheers

(08-12-2021, 11:02 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Was out picking blackberries today when Quality Control showed up.

Of course, watching is hard work, and so, a break was taken.  tinywondering

[Image: qc.jpg]

Cheers

Awww bugger... where is the 12 bore when need of kitten meat? ????
I still don't understand why the Kamikaze pilots wore helmets!