Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Great Song by a Great Band you will LIKELY Never Have Heard Of!
I have seen The Red Pine Timber Co play live about 5 or 6 times now.
Mostly in pubs and festivals around the NE of Scotland.
They are one of my all-time favourite live bands who always create an amazing atmosphere whenever they play, and I've met them in person a few times too.

This is one of my favourite tracks from the CD that I bought from them...

I hope that you like it as much as I do!

NOW - What's YOUR GREAT SONG by a GREAT BAND that We've likely NEVER heard of?

G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
(06-23-2020, 11:27 AM)gordi Wrote: I have seen The Red Pine Timber Co play live about 5 or 6 times now.
They are one of my all-time favourite live bands who always create an amazing atmosphere whenever they play, and I've met them in person a few times too.

G

a oldie but a good one and i'm sure most would have heard of them

then i like this song it's a cover of a fleetwood mac song that i think these guys did better.

fleetwood mac version,
(06-23-2020, 11:27 AM)gordi Wrote: I have seen The Red Pine Timber Co play live about 5 or 6 times now.

G
I like it, BTW I still have not forgiven you for stopping people from feeding me after midnight. Bast#rd
My husband still plays this on his old big Reel to Reel tape.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]

G

Nice tune Gordi. Certainly never heard of them. I like all music tastes. These take me back to the grunge era
Local band, everybody I grew up with has a "river" that we can substitute for the Pecatonica. First song on this page. 

Pecatonica
I love all genres of music, except for old-time country.  You wouldn't think that based on where I grew up, but I've always been a rocker, heavy metal, blues kind of girl.   tinybiggrin 

My very favorite is rock blues, like Kenny Wayne Shepherd plays.

(06-24-2020, 12:54 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I love all genres of music, except for old-time country.  You wouldn't think that based on where I grew up, but I've always been a rocker, heavy metal, blues kind of girl.   tinybiggrin 

My very favorite is rock blues, like Kenny Wayne Shepherd plays.

kenny wayne plays him some blues, there must be something about the gulf coast that gives people the blues.

and i like the Kings of Covers version to,

i had to edit cause i forgot shepherd was from shreveport.
like these guys to,

G

NE Scotland eh i am from Inverness minusculebeercheers
@"OmegaLogos" 
wanted to add,,,,,,,
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(06-24-2020, 02:15 AM)guohua Wrote: @"OmegaLogos" 
wanted to add,,,,,,,

My favorite from the Vengaboys - oh, for the good old days escaping out the back of a gasthaus because the polezei were boiling in through the front!  :

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(06-24-2020, 02:07 AM)Stoner William Wrote: NE Scotland eh i am from Inverness minusculebeercheers

Hey There SW!

I'm in the central belt but have lots of friends in Montrose & the NE.
I think Red Pine hail from Perth or thereabouts, but I've seen them mostly in the NE pubs & festivals when I'm up that way.

cheers!

G
Not a fan of the video (per se) but, great tune...and, I just stumbled across the band - so - don't know if they're actually a Great Band...but, could be.
Royal Blood (the band)
"Figure It Out" (the tune)

(06-24-2020, 08:42 AM)gordi Wrote:
(06-24-2020, 02:07 AM)Stoner William Wrote: NE Scotland eh i am from Inverness minusculebeercheers

Hey There SW!

I think Red Pine hail from Perth or thereabouts, but I've seen them mostly in the NE pubs & festivals when I'm up that way.

cheers!

G
I lived in the central belt for years near Falkirk , Your face looks familiar to me bud , good friends with scooty of the skyhooks minusculebeercheers
(06-26-2020, 12:51 AM)Stoner William Wrote:
(06-24-2020, 08:42 AM)gordi Wrote:

Hey There SW!

cheers!

G
I lived in the central belt for years near Falkirk , Your face looks familiar to me bud , good friends with scooty of the skyhooks minusculebeercheers

Yeah, I get that A LOT!
Must have been all of the cameos on "CRIMEWATCH"!!!! LOL

tinylaughing
Just going to drop this link off for a great local radio station here in Louisville, KY. 

They play all kinds of amazing new music. 

Go check it out . 

https://wfpk.org/
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
Off to do some fever dream-ing.
"Alligator"
by Of Monsters & Men

i'm sure people have heard of them and the song before, and in the times going on now i think it fits.

(06-30-2020, 01:40 PM)hounddoghowlie Wrote: i'm sure people have heard of them and the song before, and in the times going on now i think it fits...

Video BLOCKED in my country @"hounddoghowlie"  (Could just be my VPN)

WHAT HAVE THEY GOT TO HIDE HUH?????? HUH?????  LOL

tinybighuh
G