Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Father's Day Weekend Report
Had a good one!!

Started Friday with a new TV set.  We don't watch TV (per se), but we do watch a movie now and then ... and new tech for the better half keeps her happy.  When I go ... it's usually full-tilt boogey.  So the wife has herself a new Samsung 8K.  Even I am impressed.

Great weather on Saturday.  Went for a long drive with an old Army buddy ... deep into the woods.  Lots of guns.  Got my Turkey Choke patterned (look out birdies!!)

[Image: Longbeard.jpg]

On Sunday the kids called up to check in.  Even got to chat with my new son-in-law (they went to visit his dad).  Late morning we added (most of) a theater surround sound system to the new TV.  Rained like Hell in the afternoon (will be fun cleaning up dog crap today).  Got in a fight with a bottle of Scotch ... and lost.

What were the best parts of yours?
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
(06-22-2020, 01:05 PM)Snarl Wrote:  (will be fun cleaning up dog crap today).  

I always just cut it up with the lawn mower.  tinycool

Mine was pretty good as well. Just hung out at the house, had burgers and hot dogs. Kids gave me a "Dadalorian" shirt and a yetti rambler which I used to loose a fight to a bottle of Sailor Jerry.
The toasted Bagle with crispy bacon, maple syrup and Philadelphia cheese was nice...
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
(06-22-2020, 01:16 PM)FauxMulder Wrote:
(06-22-2020, 01:05 PM)Snarl Wrote:  (will be fun cleaning up dog crap today).  

I always just cut it up with the lawn mower.  tinycool

Mine was pretty good as well. Just hung out at the house, had burgers and hot dogs. Kids gave me a "Dadalorian" shirt and a yetti rambler which I used to loose a fight to a bottle of Sailor Jerry.

You know you lost ... when you get out of bed and your wife hands you your morning after 'cocktail' and supplements your regular eggs with bacon and toast.

See why I take care of that woman?   tinyloveit
You better run!
(06-22-2020, 01:19 PM)gordi Wrote: The toasted Bagle with crispy bacon, maple syrup and Philadelphia cheese was nice...

Ohhhh ... I miss the days when my guts could tolerate Philadelphia Cream Cheese.  Ohhhh
You better run!
I played golf and took money off of two guys I always want to beat like a drum ! Perfect day
My sons made me BLT's for lunch and I did some bone-in ribeyes for dinner.

Then we watched John Wick: Parabellum.

A good day!

tinybiggrin
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
(06-22-2020, 01:05 PM)Snarl Wrote: Had a good one!!

Started Friday with a new TV set.  We don't watch TV (per se), but we do watch a movie now and then ... and new tech for the better half keeps her happy.  When I go ... it's usually full-tilt boogey.  So the wife has herself a new Samsung 8K.  Even I am impressed.

Great weather on Saturday.  Went for a long drive with an old Army buddy ... deep into the woods.  Lots of guns.  Got my Turkey Choke patterned (look out birdies!!)

[Image: Longbeard.jpg]

On Sunday the kids called up to check in.  Even got to chat with my new son-in-law (they went to visit his dad).  Late morning we added (most of) a theater surround sound system to the new TV.  Rained like Hell in the afternoon (will be fun cleaning up dog crap today).  Got in a fight with a bottle of Scotch ... and lost.

What were the best parts of yours?

Scotch, can and will whup your ass. I've toted many a ass whupping from it.

as far as my day, got to talk to the pack and had some great cheesecake.
Yum, not a Father but My Husband (who is) spent the day and nearly all night Welcoming New Members and trying to assist them.
Had A GREAT Time, Thank You.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]