Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
To all the xATS’ers - I feel you
YEAH! An xATS'er thread! 

I feel welcome already. 

[Image: oh-yes.gif]
(06-22-2020, 07:18 PM)Wallfire Wrote: You will be ok, if there is a knock on your door just dont answer it

Well that'll be awkward for the UPS guy.

tinylaughing
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
(06-22-2020, 07:35 AM)TheRedneck Wrote:
(06-22-2020, 07:20 AM)Sublimecraft Wrote:
(06-22-2020, 07:17 AM)Freija Wrote:
(06-22-2020, 07:13 AM)Sublimecraft Wrote: I'd like to see DTOM here guys, she is the epitome of what ATS stands/stood for so I am going to lobby her at the right time, see if she's keen.

She's already here!

That's great news, it really is good to see so many of the crew here - love it!!!

The downside to seeing all the old crew again is that a couple of undesirables might sneak in, too.

Not my fault, though... I was invited. tinytongue

TheRedneck

It's weird not seeing "Moderator" by your name. I don't like it. Not one bit.
The Goonies R good enough
(06-22-2020, 07:37 PM)beez Wrote:
(06-22-2020, 07:18 PM)Wallfire Wrote: You will be ok, if there is a knock on your door just dont answer it

Well that'll be awkward for the UPS guy.

tinylaughing

Not as awkward as it is when he comes here...

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(06-22-2020, 02:57 PM)Snarl Wrote: Truly glad to be here.

There were bad events on ATS (bannings).  Used to crush me looking back through the old threads and seeing accounts that had just been trashcanned.  What was the good of it?

No idea whose protective wings I posted under, but I suspect one or more of our recent sign-ups.

Cheers
-Snarl

Thanks for the invite... 

Yeah, Snarl brought me here...
(06-22-2020, 08:10 PM)LSU2018 Wrote:

There were bad events on ATS (bannings).  Used to crush me looking back through the old threads and seeing accounts that had just been trashcanned.  What was the good of it?

No idea whose protective wings I posted under, but I suspect one or more of our recent sign-ups.

Cheers
-Snarl

Thanks for the invite... 

Welcome to RN @"LSU2018"     tinybiggrin
(06-22-2020, 08:16 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
(06-22-2020, 08:10 PM)LSU2018 Wrote:

Cheers
-Snarl

Thanks for the invite... 

Welcome to RN @"LSU2018"     tinybiggrin

I've been noticed! 

HIP HOP HOORAY!  tinydrroling minusculebeercheers
(06-22-2020, 10:10 AM)TheRedneck Wrote:
(06-22-2020, 08:26 AM)Freija Wrote: Change is always hard and starting over isn't always easy but it does give us a moment to pause and reflect on where we've been and where we're going.
Starting over? Not likely for this old redneck.

It may be a new site with new rules and new gadgets, but I'm not starting over. I'm bringing everything I have learned from my time with ATS with me! All of the secrets whispered among TPTB, all of the evidence for corruption and coverups, all of the knowledge gleaned through years of reading posts.

And I'm bringing the relationships. I know you; you know me. Same people, different forum.

I'm too freakin' old to be starting over. I'm plowing on through.

(06-22-2020, 08:26 AM)Freija Wrote: There is no growth without change. It's just a part of life.
Amen, Sister. Amen.

TheRedneck

Quote:It may be a new site with new rules and new gadgets,

OK, We Got RULES, who made Rules with out telling ME!!??  tinywhat

smallrofl
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
My only concern is there are a handful over there that just start shit. That's all they're there for, to instigate and be combative. I understand about being a relaxed site which I appreciate, but if that crap starts here it will get real ugly real quick. I can give almost as good as I get but that kind of conversation has me worn out. I don't even like it now. I popped in there to see what was going on and the same handful are throwing it out there hard, just being arrogant and full of fire & brimstone. 

Like the saying goes, "I'm tired, boss". I hope that doesn't happen here.

-- Hal 
(06-22-2020, 05:39 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(06-22-2020, 11:07 AM)Moonmagic Wrote: Mixed feelings about ATS. I am absolutely gutted on one hand, I been going there since I was a pup! on the other hand, it lost so many great people and never really filled there spots, it turned into something a little unfamiliar and lost the respect it once had, so to me this has been coming for awhile.

I'm sad for the few genuine friends I made there that will probably be lost in time, since they were banned or didn't come back, and sad I never made more. Genuine friends are a rare rare thing.

I'm looking forward to what this place has to offer, feels good already, very chilled out, none of that constant tension ATS has had for the last few years! I just hope it doesn't turn into a Liberal bashing fest, and we can get back to some great topics and conversations.

HEY!

What's wrong with bashing Liberals? Other than it being so easy, that is... it's like there's just no sport in it, y'know?

Nah, we don't bash Liberals here. Might rake their IDEAS over the coals when we're bored, but we don't bash the PERSON, and that's an important distinction to me.

The idea of a forum to my mind is the exchange of ideas, and vetting them for veracity. It's emphatically NOT to tear anyone down. When you do that, they go quiet and dark, and if you can't find them to discuss, what good was it ever knowing them to begin with?

Can't drag 'em along behind the jeep if I can't find 'em!

So, yeah, it might get lively from time to time, but no bashing of other folks. Set their ideas on fire instead!

Making a case against or having an opinion on ideas I am totally onboard with, in fact it's rather important, we have to question everything, especially our own beliefs, I think when you become too comfortable in your beliefs and dismiss everything and everyone that is different, you don't see people anymore. You're not as smart as you think you are, and you certainly don't understand what you think you know. (when I say you I don't me YOU, just how we talk where I am from)

I like your idea of what you think a forum is, I definitely agree! in practice and where I just came from though, that was not the case, which is why I made the Liberal bashing comment!

This place seems great so far though, and it's good seeing people like you around and stating things the way you did, appreciated!
I must admit that it surprised me to hear of ATS problems.

Was pretty active there, some 10 years or so ago ( Was SonoftheSun there ) and then one day I just couldn't log in anymore. (that might have been due to some divergence of opinions, and even though I was never officially banned, I was just...out.)

Guohua has a great site here, where people respect people - even with divergence of opinions - OK...strong divergence of opinions sometimes lol - but it's always been a warm and friendly site.

Good people all around!

Hadn't been here in a while and it's just great to see old - AND NEW - familiar faces again.

Really great !!

Sol.
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
(06-22-2020, 05:58 PM)Wookiep Wrote: So anyway, yeah can't imagine what you possibly could have done so many times...

Thanks for asking. Best not to air dirty laundry on the public clothesline but I can give you a synopsis.

The first time I got banned with my original account from 2007 was intentional and done in solidarity with my dear friend JadeStar who also was banned for calling ATS a fuming pit of racism, bigotry and homophobia and that the place had turned into Stormfront. I had about 350 posts under that account. (Jade and I are still friends, BTW)

The next time I came back and was primarily banned for talking about sex in a clinical and non-titillating fashion but the real reason I think was collusion as I went off on the mods for favoritism and unevenness in their actions and pointed out a dozen or so members had come to me to spearhead their revolt against such actions. I pretty much laid everything on the line and it wasn’t appreciated. I had about 1000 posts under that account so I decided that’s the username I would use here.

I could have come here and been completely anonymous. I was not well liked over there and see many of my detractors are also here now so I’m a little worried. With the attitude and spirit of this board though, I’m hoping things aren’t so noxious and we can all play nicer?

After a good deal of time had passed, I emailed whoever reads the contact@ address and asked for reinstatement. They said they would put it up to a staff vote. I was informed by unanimous decision, it was agreed I was unwelcome.

The next couple times I assume it was because I was recognized? My writing is sometimes distinctive, I typically make long TL;DR posts and I have kind of a single area of interest regarding the topics I’m most knowledgeable about. No reasons or warnings were given. I got in maybe 30 or 40 combined posts before the ban hammer swung. I swore then LOL’d.

This last time, I made it 5 or 6 months and just over 100 posts. I messaged the staff to report the join link wasn’t working after a friend tried to join and couldn’t and was instantly banned with no warning. I emailed the contact link for explanation but received no reply. All I can assume is once again I was recognized as a persona non grata? That’s fine. I lasted longer than I figured I would.

It’s all good though. No hard feelings. Regardless of everything, ATS has meant a lot to me and I’ll probably still lurk there until they turn out the lights. This is my new home now and I’m looking forward to being less defensive all the time and to being  little nicer myself.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Did you have the same name there?  Cause it looks familiar.

My problem is, after getting close to only a few, and then losing them unexpectedly, I feel like no matter what site I'm on, I don't want that happen again.

I'm not good with not being able to say goodbye, so I keep a distance.

But hey, glad your here!  Don't mean to be a downer.
(06-22-2020, 10:14 AM)gordi Wrote:
(06-22-2020, 10:10 AM)TheRedneck Wrote:
(06-22-2020, 08:26 AM)Freija Wrote: Change is always hard and starting over isn't always easy but it does give us a moment to pause and reflect on where we've been and where we're going.
Starting over? Not likely for this old redneck.

It may be a new site with new rules and new gadgets, but I'm not starting over. I'm bringing everything I have learned from my time with ATS with me! All of the secrets whispered among TPTB, all of the evidence for corruption and coverups, all of the knowledge gleaned through years of reading posts.

And I'm bringing the relationships. I know you; you know me. Same people, different forum.

I'm too freakin' old to be starting over. I'm plowing on through.

(06-22-2020, 08:26 AM)Freija Wrote: There is no growth without change. It's just a part of life.
Amen, Sister. Amen.

TheRedneck

That's far too sensible, you are... B A N N E D !

smallroflmao

JUST KIDDING!!! btw

minusculebeercheers
G

It is nice to see familiar faces in here
(06-22-2020, 07:13 AM)Sublimecraft Wrote: I'd like to see DTOM here guys, she is the epitome of what ATS stands/stood for so I am going to lobby her at the right time, see if she's keen.

She's already here!

That's great news, it really is good to see so many of the crew here - love it!!!

The downside to seeing all the old crew again is that a couple of undesirables might sneak in, too.

TheRedneck

Should we expect the three amigos to sign in here soon ?

tinylaughing
(06-23-2020, 01:20 AM)Freija Wrote: The next time I came back and was primarily banned for talking about sex in a clinical and non-titillating fashion but the real reason I think was collusion as I went off on the mods for favoritism and unevenness in their actions and pointed out a dozen or so members had come to me to spearhead their revolt against such actions. 

Well no wonder!

When it comes to sex, folks want DETAILS, not clinical detachment!  tinydrroling  tinylaughing

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(06-22-2020, 07:49 PM)LSU2018 Wrote:

She's already here!

TheRedneck

It's weird not seeing "Moderator" by your name. I don't like it. Not one bit.
Thanks, but I always considered myself member first. I went to ATS to learn about new ideas and put down the ones that made no sense... not to moderate. I made it clear that was my intention on day 1.

Plus, as a moderator, I sort of softened my approach somewhat... didn't want to cause drama that didn't need to be there. Here I can let loose with both barrels again. tinyangry

TheRedneck
Just checking in and saying Hi  mediumcool
[Image: SIG-Aug-20-2022.png]
(06-23-2020, 01:58 AM)xuenchen Wrote: Just checking in and saying Hi  mediumcool

Hiya @"xuenchen" , glad to see you made it!

Hope all is well with you.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

(06-23-2020, 01:58 AM)xuenchen Wrote: Just checking in and saying Hi  mediumcool

Xuenchen! Good to see you again!

Welcome home, and pull up a bar stool!