Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ATS has just about closed..needs a buyer
(06-21-2020, 10:56 PM)guohua Wrote:
(06-21-2020, 10:41 PM)Moonmagic Wrote:
(06-21-2020, 10:31 PM)guohua Wrote:
(06-21-2020, 10:16 PM)Moonmagic Wrote:
(06-21-2020, 05:30 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 07:36 AM)727Sky Wrote: http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1266591/pg1
What Comes Next

Soon, we will make some type of "this website for sale" indication. From there, we'll see what interest we get. Please trust me in that we will have high standards for any new owner.

Some dude beat me to it ...
[Image: All-Things-Must-Pass.jpg]
The 'owners' are gonna try to milk it.  I can't believe the drama.  They're trying to come up with a million dollars ... and they don't even know what they're gonna get when they buy it.

I remember there was a guy once who seriously offered/tried to help ... just wanted to fix all the (obviously) broken code.  Trust me (I am qualified to make this call), the guy knew exactly what he was talking about.  What happened?  Ban hammer.  Like clockwork.

ATS is worth a-dime-and-a-food-stamp.  They're trying to buy a pig-in-a-poke.  And, I feel bad for them for that.

Not gonna lie, I know nothing of Owning and running a site, but when I was reading that post/thread my BS detector started going, just as it did when people were suckered into donations a few years ago. I know people who donated quite a lot, and I just couldn't quite believe it. I love the place, pretty much grew up there, but sometimes things just seem off, and I don't get peoples reactions to it.

I nor any of my Friends here as Admin's or Mod's or Super-Mod's will ask for Donations, we do have a donate button at the bottom of the first page, but to be Honest, I don't know if it works  tinyshocked

My Tech Guru Sol and myself (if he needs help) take care of the expenses and it's not that bad.

I'm not against donations at all, I used to donate to a Music site I visited years ago! It was just the way in which it happened and peoples reactions that took me back a bit at the time.
I could be overthinking it, which is a trait of mine, and I know zero about running a site, so pinch of salt and all that!

This place feels very homely, same as ATS always has, probably a bit more relaxed here, which I like a lot!  

tinybiggrin

@"Moonmagic" 
The reason this site was started was for a place people could get away and feel like they were among Family and Just relax and Say WHAT ever was on their mind and Know that No One Here would Judge Them and more often than not, they found Very like Minded People and People Who Cared.

There is NO demand to post here, we make NO monies Off the Content of your post by how many Views it had or how many people Hit That "Like" button.

Your time here is For YOU to feel Comfortable and Safe with your Thoughts.

That is My Goal and the Goal of My Admin's, Super-Mod's and Mod's.
Just remember, I'm always here somewhere Watching.[Image: attachment.php?aid=7680]
Sounds perfect! ... even the watching part! tinylaughing