Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Some short LIVE music sets from BigG in lockdown
Hi folks,
I performed a short LIVE music set on FB last night as a wee Thank You to our Emergency Services and Essential Workers out there.
I hope you like it! (It's in 2 short parts because of the way YT handles uploads!! grrr but is only 25mins total.)

regards,
G

EDIT TO ADD:
I've created a YouTube playlist for all of my LIVE MUSIC Sets on FB - so they are all available on the one link.

HERE is the LINK to GORDIs LIVE MUSIC Videos
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
GiantThumbsUp That is GREAT!
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
the sound turned out better than I would have expected... minusculebeercheers
@"Gordi" - Fantastic, even without a kilt or bagpipes!

Can I post this to my own Facebook feed? I'll make ya famous...
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

That Gordi just proves what we all knew here, you are one of the good ones  minusculebeercheers
(04-10-2020, 10:05 AM)Ninurta Wrote: @"Gordi" - Fantastic, even without a kilt or bagpipes!

Well if Gordi had put a kilt on and with a man spread like that, well lets say it would of been "interesting"  minusculebiggrin
(04-10-2020, 10:05 AM)Ninurta Wrote: @"Gordi" - Fantastic, even without a kilt or bagpipes!

LOL - I didn't think you'd be on FB!?!?

It was originally done on a live FB feed, so it is up there already on my pages....

https://www.facebook.com/gordi.smith.1/v...165745036/

I think that's it... share away if you want to!

minusculebeercheers
G
(04-10-2020, 07:40 AM)727Sky Wrote: the sound turned out better than I would have expected... minusculebeercheers

Thanks Sky,

I think it actually sounded a bit better direct on FB... maybe YT compresses the audio during U/L?
The picture quality on the original was better too.

You can check it out HERE if you use that horrible FB crap!! LOL

cheers!
G
(04-10-2020, 11:03 AM)Wallfire Wrote: That Gordi just proves what we all knew here, you are one of the good ones  minusculebeercheers

haha - Thank You Wallfire!

It was fun, but actually quite nerve-wracking - more so than playing live for an audience!
You're just singing towards a camera/phone, with no idea what it looks/sounds like or what reaction you're getting, (unless you can check your FB screen at the same time as you're playing and I couldn't!).

cheers
G
(04-10-2020, 11:08 AM)Wallfire Wrote:

Well if Gordi had put a kilt on and with a man spread like that, well lets say it would of been "interesting"  minusculebiggrin

HaHaHaHa!!!
mediumbagpiper mediumguitarplayingbaby mediumscotshowingbutt mediumscotwithsword hugedancingbaby Biggrin
(04-10-2020, 06:20 AM)guohua Wrote: GiantThumbsUp That is GREAT!

Thanks Boss!
G
(04-10-2020, 11:50 AM)gordi Wrote: LOL - I didn't think you'd be on FB!?!?

I'm sneaky like that! I've had a FB account for aeons, but rarely went to it due to my computer getting thrown into script hell every thime I checked in, so I kept check-ins to once a month or so, maximum. Lately I've been visiting more frequently since it seems not to crash the Opera browser as much or as hard.

Quote:It was originally done on a live FB feed, so it is up there already on my pages....

https://www.facebook.com/gordi.smith.1/v...165745036/

I think that's it... share away if you want to!

minusculebeercheers
G

Shared.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

That's great Gordi.  I didn't "like" it on FB because I would have doxed myself.

Great way to pass the time while on lock down.   minusculeclap
I performed my 2nd LIVE FB set for our Emergency Services and Essential Workers tonight!

LINKY HERE

That link lets you see it without logging in to FB!

cheers
Gx
Thank You @"gordi" 
We couldn't see your video, wanted us to log in, don't have FB.
(04-17-2020, 02:09 AM)guohua Wrote: Thank You @"gordi" 

That's weird... the link lets me view the video directly.... hmm....

OK, no worries.... I'll DL it and put it on YT!

G
OK @"guohua"  the first part of the set is now on YT...

...and now part 2 also!

Cheers!
G
(04-17-2020, 08:24 AM)gordi Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 02:09 AM)guohua Wrote: Thank You @"gordi" 

That's weird... the link lets me view the video directly.... hmm....

OK, no worries.... I'll DL it and put it on YT!

G

Oddly, it wouldna let me see it on FB, either, and I was logged in! I even went to your page, and it still wouldna let me see it! I could see the video, but attempting to play it took me to a blank page. I'm blaming it on the new FB format, until I know better. I'll watch it on YouTube instead.

I did learn from your page that what they apparently call "weans" in Scotland, we call "young-uns" in Appalachia...

(04-17-2020, 09:53 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I did learn from your page that what they apparently call "weans" in Scotland, we call "young-uns" in Appalachia...

Yup,
"weans" is a derivation (or contraction) of the phrase "Wee yins" which just means "Small ones" in Scots.
We have another name for them "Bairns" which comes from the Norse AND is very similar to the Scandinavian word for children used today! (Maybe @"Wallfire"  or someone could confirm?)

Cheers, and THANKS for watching!!

G
minusculehail @"gordi"   minusculeclap
That was GREAT.
We really enjoyed the videos.