Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Teenage boy whose death was linked to COVID-19 turned away from urgent care for not h
If this is true, that he was turned away due to lack of insurance, then his death is on them. 

Quote:R Rex Parris, the mayor of Lancaster, California, confirmed the teen’s death in a video posted to YouTube on Wednesday, in which he warned residents to take the global pandemic seriously and practice self-isolation and social distancing measures. 

The Friday before he died, he was healthy,” the mayor said about the teenager. “By Wednesday, he was dead.” 

The mayor said the teen “didn’t have insurance, so they did not treat him” when he arrived at an urgent care facility in the area. The medical staff then told the child to go to a local public hospital.

“En route to AV Hospital, he went into cardiac arrest,” the mayor said. “They were able to revive him and keep him alive for about six hours. But by the time he got there, it was too late.”

SOURCE

And you know the hospital will be getting government monies.

No excuse that I can see to turn this teenager away.
Insurance or not.

Thoughts and prayers to his family.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

The Mayors attitude is very nonchalant, no emotion.
One cool dude. /sarcasm

The hospital turned the teenager away and yet he talks about people coming together.  minusculethinking

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

I've been watching "The Resident" t.v. series on Hulu. It basically shows how hospitals today turn people away unless they can make a profit from treating them. They have become more of a business than a place to treat the sick.

The world has been taken over by Deep State corruption!
(03-28-2020, 01:35 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I've been watching "The Resident" t.v. series on Hulu. It basically shows how hospitals today turn people away unless they can make a profit from treating them. They have become more of a business than a place to treat the sick.

Yeah but, but...... isn't California the state that helps everyone, especially illegals, who you know do not have insurance? 
The state that brags about how they are for everyone and puts other states down???

Just saying 

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

(03-28-2020, 02:54 AM)senona Wrote:
(03-28-2020, 01:35 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I've been watching "The Resident" t.v. series on Hulu. It basically shows how hospitals today turn people away unless they can make a profit from treating them. They have become more of a business than a place to treat the sick.

Yeah but, but...... isn't California the state that helps everyone, especially illegals, who you know do not have insurance? 
The state that brags about how they are for everyone and puts other states down???

Just saying 

Apparently, only for optics, not in reality.   tinysure
This was in California, so it would have gone better for him if he'd been an illegal, or at least hidden his ID and claimed to be one...

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Quote:If this is true, that he was turned away due to lack of insurance, then his death is on them.
 This is beyond sad, although some may state that he should have taken better care of himself.  
 That is me in a nut shell. I have no insurance, no reserve cash fund. I too will be "turned away". I am not an "illegal". I am just one of many less fortunate of this country I adore. 
I would die in a heart beat, to defend us, but I no longer know what to defend. Are we all at each others throats? It is so sad. 

My greatest concern are my fur babies, should I pass, so be it, but they need me. 
Quote:Thoughts and prayers to his family.
Yes, because they are in pain and confused. 
Just a thought, I hope this didn't offend any one.