Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I just wanted to fly
When I had my first waking thought I knew something had gone wrong simply because I could remember.

The deal is seven times and then you move on to the next level. No one ever explained to me exactly what the next level was or why I should go there if I am perfectly happy the way things work already.

Yes I know progress is supposed to be a human goal but what if I do not want to "progress" ?

Maybe a little history for those who are interested.

I was flying a Folker Tri-Plane in France and had 14 kills but on this day my life ended when Eddy Rickenbacker came out of the sun and with a lucky or skillful shot hit my plane and my body with several rounds fired from his machine guns. Everything went dark and after my Life's review I chose to come back and be born again to fly in the next war that was called World War Two.

My childhood was normal for the times and I did not remember anything about flying in France or Rickenbacker's golden BB that killed me. Like most people I was caught up in the hate and Nationalism when my country was attacked at Pearl Harbor.

I joined the Navy and off to flight school I went. The instructors said I was a natural and even offered me to stay and teach but... I had the Eagle in my eye and I wanted revenge, so I refused and ended up being sent to the Pacific as a Naval Aviator flying the F4-U after a short stint flying an F6F. I had several missions and was successful (I did not get killed) until one fateful day during a huge furball (18 Zero's and 4 F4-Us) where we got our butts kicked. I survived the encounter but on the way back to base the engine quit and I had to ditch in the Pacific. I would much rather be shot than eaten by a bunch of sharks so at the point where I could not stand the pain any longer my last bullet in my service revolver was fired into my own head. I hope a shark broke a tooth on the bullet.

Another life review and I chose to be reborn to some middle class parents and fly in the next patriotic war called Vietnam. I flew Helicopters and even though the odds were against me I survived and was even given a fixed wing transition as a reward (?) so now I was an instructor and an Examiner in both Helicopters and Fixed wing aircraft (I gave check rides to everyone if they wanted to maintain their flying status).

After a few years back in the States I volunteered to go back to Asia and was on a intelligence mission over Laos when a Chinese anti aircraft battalion fired 4 missiles at my aircraft that I was unable to avoid. I was killed during the initial explosion and to be honest that was better than riding a burning bird down to the ground and becoming a crispy critter.

I already had 4 other lives before my death in Laos so that was my big number “7” but..... I wanted to go back and fly...... so after my life review, unfortunately, I did not get to choose (punishment?) where or when for my next life.

My first memory was of darkness and warmness punctuated by subdued light and not so warm. I tried to move and was able to squirm but I was always restricted in my movements. How long I remained there I do not know but there came a time when I became so hungry that I knew if I did not escape I would die. Suddenly in a moment of clarity I realized I was a damn bird in an egg.. I hope my pecker (or whatever you call that thing on the front of my face) is hard enough to break the shell so I can get the hell out of here !

The End until I can get out of here !
minusculeclap
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]