Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
For YOU Crypto Types
Here's a video where Paul Sinclair -a honest guy who's looking for answers, relates
his collection of information about some places not that far way from me.

In an area of Britain where pragmatic people live a down-to-earth lifestyle and don't suffer
fools gladly, Mr. Sinclair speaks of happenings that are just... well, just shouldn't.

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(10-24-2019, 03:30 PM)BIAD Wrote: Here's a curious regurgitation of Dr Melba Ketchum's genome work on the alleged Sasquatch samples
sent to her. Academia scoffed her work and for most of us, the data is above our pay-grade!

The particular discussion begins at 45.53 and I think you'll find it interesting... as well as a light-hearted
chat.

minusculethumbsup

My Husband replies,,,,,, minusculethumbsup Exactly!
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
I was watching a live-stream on Monday that discussed and mapped reports of an increasing phenomena of 'Bigfoot'-like
creatures allegedly wandering the woods of the United Kingdom. As the lady read out the sent-in reports, I recalled that
I'd actually corresponded with this person in regards of artwork that she had asked for -for her YouTube channel.

During the back-and-forth chat of the occasional sightings, prolific discoveries of stick-structures, oddly-placed twigs
commonly known as 'glyphs' and what she wanted in her artwork, I dared to suggest that another type of biped may be
leaving these signs and that the significance may still align with water sources and food access, but the perpetrators
may be humans.

Of course, not wishing to disturb the ethos of her beliefs, she didn't comment on it and I didn't push it further.

Then on Monday's live-stream, she mentioned that 'corridors' or places where folk tend to not go, could be used by these
enigmatic creatures and that railways are a good example. Then, to offer proof that such isolated areas are used, she
said that she had often seen workers and -what she believed, illegal migrants walking along the embankments in the
late hours when the trains had stopped running.

In regards of Bigfoot, I like to leave the settled dust on my Occam's Razor and cleave to the idea that such beasts exist.
But in regards of a UK 'Woodwose' leaving indecipherable messages in the thin strips of trees between small towns and
surrounding farm land, the theory that those who benefit from open borders may be an idea closer to reality.

It's just an idea.

Quote:September 20, 2018
An “army” of illegal immigrants is arriving in the UK every year.

'The illegal immigrant population of the UK is rising by 70,000 per year – nearly equivalent to the size of the full-time British Army.
That is the conclusion of a new paper (Illegal immigration - What can be done?) being issued by Migration Watch UK.

The paper estimates the gross annual rise in the illegal immigrant population to be 105,000 per year while only about a third
(or 35,200) of this annual total is either being removed or is departing voluntarily each year. Hence a net rise of 70,000 people
per year, or 700,000 over the course of a decade.

Meanwhile, the controversy arising from the Windrush Affair has masked the continued and serious failure of the authorities to
remove hundreds of thousands of people who have no right to be here. Effective removal mechanisms are essential to the credibility
of border controls. Over three-quarters - 77% - of the public consider illegal immigration to be a serious problem facing the country.

The best estimates, including two by former senior Home Office officials, suggest that there may be over one million illegal immigrants
in the UK - equivalent to the population of Birmingham, the UK’s second largest city.

Previous commentary on the scale of overstaying has focused on Home Office analysis of Exit Checks.
However, what has not been noticed is that the Exit Checks analysis published last month only covered 1.72 million non-EEA nationals
whose visas expired in 2017/18. It did not cover millions of non-visa nationals who were admitted to the UK for a visit of six months, nor
hundreds of thousands of visa nationals who obtained longer-term visit visas.

Our estimate of the number of people who overstay their visas stands at 83,600 per year.
Added to more than 12,800 detected clandestine entrants and an annual average 8,500 failed asylum seekers who do not depart, that
gives a gross figure of 105,000 more illegal migrants each year.

At the same time, removals and departures have averaged 35,200 since 2009 (excluding returns of foreign criminals). Removals of failed
asylum seekers nosedived from 2005 onwards, from 16,000 to just over 5,000 in 2017. Over the last 14 years, less than half of those
whose asylum claims were refused have departed the country. Meanwhile, returns of immigration offenders have dropped by a third
since 2013. This decline in removals is troubling.

Illegal immigration to the UK is a major public concern. Yet the situation is considerably worse than the government admits and very
little is being done about it.

Furthermore, a number of those who have remained have been able to regularise their status as a result of routes that allow those here
illegally to stay on. These routes should be closed because they encourage the flouting of the law and are grossly unfair to those who take
the care and time to follow the rules.

The paper points to the lack of resources and manpower available to the Home Office, to a long list of entirely sensible recommendations
by the Chief Inspector of Borders and Immigration (some of which the HO has rejected) and to the need to be firm with countries such as
India, China, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Brazil when it comes to the return of their own citizens.

In addition, Exit Checks, which have cost taxpayers over £800 million, should be focused on the need to identify sources of illegal immigration.
The issue of ID cards should also be revisited. A full list of recommendations is at paragraph 53 of the paper.

Commenting, Lord Green of Deddington, Chairman of Migration Watch UK, said:
"The scale of illegal immigration to Britain is a scandal that has gone on for too long.
It undermines public acceptance of genuine refugees and is damaging to community relations generally.
The government must not cave in to opposition attempts to ‘weaponise’ Windrush against legitimate and
effective measures to tackle overstaying.
These measures are supported by nearly 80% of the public, and rightly so."
Migration Watch:
Here's one for Ninurta. It's another David Paulides interview and goes through his usual unusual
cases of people going missing in forested areas.

The point in the interview I found intriguing is a report beginning at the time-stamp of 20.12
and I wondered if Ninurta would've been interested. 20.12 is where it begins.
minusculethumbsup

@"Ninurta" and of-course everyone interested,,, this video I'll post starting at ruffly the 22:00 minute mark is Extremely Interesting with Tape recording of the sounds made by these creatures and this is Not Digital recording, these are actual tape recordings.
And we walked out of Africa, but unlike the academics who say the Sasquatch can't exist, didn't backtrack
like the same scientists are doing now!
(Notice how the image is still shown as an ape, they avoid giving it human-like features!)

Quote:Bones of ape living 12m years ago point to genesis of upright walking.

Bavarian fossils of likely common ancestor of humans and apes ‘put back start of bipedalism
by millions of years’.

'The distinctive human habit of walking upright may have evolved millions of years earlier than thought, according
to researchers who uncovered the remains of an ancient ape in southern Germany.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=6604]

Excavations from the Hammerschmiede clay pit in Bavaria turned up fossilised bones belonging to a previously
unknown baboon-sized ape that lived nearly 12m years ago, long before humans split from their modern-day cousins,
the chimpanzees and bonobos.

Analysis of the bones shows that the animal, named Danuvius guggenmosi, had an unusual mix of anatomical features.
While its long forearms, curved fingers and powerful, grasping thumbs were hallmarks of life spent dangling from branches,
the hips, knees and feet were more human-like and better suited to walking upright, the scientists said.

“It was astonishing for us to realise during the process of research how similar certain bones were to humans, as opposed
to great apes,” said Madelaine Böhme, who led the study at the University of Tübingen. The fossils, which include remains
from two females, a male and a juvenile, were excavated between 2015 and 2018.

According to Böhme, the findings suggest that our upright posture can be traced to a common ancestor of humans and
great apes that lived in Europe rather than Africa. When D guggenmosi was alive, Bavaria was far hotter than it is today,
and streams bordered by gallery forests meandered through the region.

The clay pit haul of fossils included teeth, pieces of jaw and spine, and a big toe that would have been handy for grasping
tree branches. Arguably the most important fossils were a forearm and shin bone, which informed the scientists’ speculation
about how the ape moved around.

The most complete skeleton, with 21 bones, was thought to belong to a male that stood a metre high and weighed about
30kg. He had a broad chest and the curved, S-shaped spine seen in humans.

Measurements of the teeth placed the ape in an extinct group called the dryopithecins, which lived in Europe in the middle to
late Miocene, an epoch that lasted from about 23m years ago to five million years ago. Some researchers believe dryopithecins
were the ancestors of the ancient African apes who ultimately gave rise to great apes more generally, including the gorillas,
orangutans, chimpanzees, bonobos and humans.

Writing in the journal Nature, the scientists make the case for danuvius employing what they call “extended limb clambering” to
get around. Rather than swinging from branches or walking cautiously on branches, extended limb clambering uses both arms
and legs equally. “The emerging picture of its locomotion is different from any known living creature,” said Böhme.

Tracy Kivell, at the University of Kent, said the fossils were impressive. In an accompanying article, she wrote: “Together, the
mosaic features of D guggenmosi arguably provide the best model yet of what a common ancestor of humans and African apes
might have looked like.

It offers something for everyone: the forelimbs suited to life in the trees that all living apes, including humans, still have, and lower
limbs suited to extended postures like those used by orangutans during bipedalism in the trees.”

“Danuvius shows skeletal adaptations to a form of bipedalism that is previously unknown and shows that bipedalism evolved much
earlier than we previously thought,” Kivell said. “Danuvius is not a fossil hominin, but it does help inform how humans may have evolved.”

Some of the most compelling evidence for upright walking in human ancestors comes from Ardipithecus ramidus, a female skeleton
dating back 4.4m years that was found in Ethiopia. Ardi, who stood about a metre tall, may not have been the most accomplished of
walkers, but much of her skeleton shows adaptations to walking on two feet...'
SOURCE:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(11-06-2019, 04:33 PM)BIAD Wrote: Here's one for Ninurta. It's another David Paulides interview and goes through his usual unusual
cases of people going missing in forested areas.

The point in the interview I found intriguing is a report beginning at the time-stamp of 20.12
and I wondered if Ninurta would've been interested. 20.12 is where it begins.
minusculethumbsup

Yup, interesting. A bit reminiscent of the "clanking" noise I heard hears ago, with some differences. The noise I heard was coming from one singular spot on earth - one step forward from that spot, nothing, one step backwards from that spot, nothing again, but standing directly on it, there was a "clank - clank - clank" noise that sounded like it was coming from the earth itself, directly under my feet. It was repetitive, like some sort of machinery running. it sounded like a blacksmith hammering or a power hammer running. No idea what it was besides just plain weird.

It was out in, what was back then, the middle of nowhere. For those with Google Earth, you can search on the co-ordinates 36°57'28.51" N  82°00'07.34" W and get near the exact spot, or within a few meters of it. It was in the middle of that roadway, but may have been a few meters further forward or a few further backward. Back then, the only building in that area was the house and barn"behind" the point, along the roadway going farther back into the mountain. The branching road and trailer were not there, and neither of the buildings closer to the main road that trackway leads into were there.

What the hunter described sounded to me like a single "clank", as if a metal door slammed shut, rather than the repetitive noise I heard, but the metallic clank quality sounds similar.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(11-06-2019, 05:06 PM)guohua Wrote: @"Ninurta" and of-course everyone interested,,, this video I'll post starting at ruffly the 22:00 minute mark is Extremely Interesting with Tape recording of the sounds made by these creatures and this is Not Digital recording, these are actual tape recordings.

Very odd. Many of the noises were simian-like hoots, howls, grunts, etc, but some of them sounded to me like language being spoken, although the language was not French, as one of the hunters seems to have replied with. I heard 3 distinct, or possibly 4 distinct individuals speaking it or hooting.

I have to assume that the recordings were paired incidentally with the video just for the movie, because in the early 70's, the only night vision devices I am aware of were owned by the military (AN-PVS2, maybe an AN-PVS4), and were cost prohibitive for your average hunter to get a hold of to drag out into the woods to record bigfoot howls with.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

@"Ninurta"  
Quote:Very odd. Many of the noises were simian-like hoots, howls, grunts, etc, but some of them sounded to me like language being spoken, although the language was not French, as one of the hunters seems to have replied with. I heard 3 distinct, or possibly 4 distinct individuals speaking it or hooting.

Yes, Yes, I thought it sounded like Gutural Old Veitmeness my husband said it sounded like Tibetan he had heard years ago in Siberia.
You are right, it did sound like there was a language of some sort.
Of course, to counter the Morehead-Sierra sounds, the establishment have to step in and place their stamp
of my-way-or-highway jurisdiction on any suggestions that favours the idea of an unknown language-using
entity.

(From Scientific American.com)
Quote:'...The Sierra Sound recordings, also known as the Berry/Morehead tapes, are touted as the gold-standard
of evidence for a Bigfoot language.

During a number of expeditions to the Sierra Nevada Mountains between the years 1972-1975, Alan Berry,
Ronald Morehead and their crew captured audio recordings of alleged Bigfoot encounters. They recorded
a total of 90 minutes of Bigfoot language and vocalizations using a microphone dangled from a tree branch
attached to a reel-to-reel recorder.

Over the years they also found 18-inch footprints of Bigfoot, and experienced many sightings...just not during
the recordings! Morehead and Berry (until his death in 2012) staunchly deny that the recordings are a prank.

However, for a number of reasons, it is highly probable that the recordings are a hoax, or that the crew were
hoaxed. The expeditions were undertaken specifically to hunt for Bigfoot. "Bigfoot" was heard but never seen
when the recordings were made...'

Staying with the rationale, any human that passes you in the street cannot be defined fully as a modern human
unless they speak?!! I understand the exposition that the sounds may have come from humans, but again, this
is using the stone-set establishment precedent that Bigfoot doesn't exist, ergo the sounds were from animals
with human-like vocal abilities.

Quote:'...It is obvious that other animals made some of the sounds, such as bears.
The wood knocks are easy to re-create, while the "language" itself is unconvincing. The vocalizations are an
amateur impression of how a proto-language might sound if it evolved from non-human primates...'

Or the alternative balanced suggestion that the 'proto-language' is from a group of proto-humans!!
We don't know what Cro-Magnons sounded like and it's only a supposition of a date when Homo sapiens
first began to vocally communicate.

Maybe the 'chatter' in the recordings sound like early-man because the ones producing the sound IS early-man or
an off-shoot not discovered yet.
Ffs, why does everything have to be negative when it comes to this subject, it's not like it'll be the anthropologists
will have to rewrite the f*ckin' history books themselves!

Quote:'...This "Bigfoot" is likely human, and the Sierra Sounds a combination of hoax and misidentification, like all of
the other evidence for Bigfoot. Self -proclaimed "Bigfoot language expert" R. Scott Nelson has taken the Bigfoot
language claims one-step further.

As though it is the Linear B of Bigfoot language to be deciphered, Nelson has created a transcription of the Sierra
Sound Recordings. He is a retired U.S. Navy Cryptologic Technician Interpreter who speaks Russian, Spanish and
Persian...'

Here we go, ridicule a person interested in the phenomena and simultaneously mocking the phenomena with
certain word-use. The vice-like grip of establishment on what is the reality we're in must be kept within the
framework provided, anything outside that structure is corrupt and arrived at via underhanded action.

Quote:'...He also believes he can speak "Bigfoot". Nelson claims he has identified not only vocalizations such as whistles,
grunts, and snarls, but also individual phonemes, i.e., the sounds that combine to create words. Nelson has created
a pronunciation key for these phonemes, and he uses the Latin alphabet, diacritics and various other symbols to
represent these sounds.

He calls this the Sasquatch Phonetic Alphabet (SPA), or the Unclassified Hominid Phonetic Alphabet (UHPA).
It is unclear why he doesn't use the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA), the standardized representation of the sounds
of spoken language. Bilingualism (speaking two or more languages) and working as a translator doesn't qualify someone
to identify or describe undocumented languages.

This is an area of anthropological linguistics, although it appears as if many cryptozoological fans confuse "crypto-linguistics"
as a field that researches the language of cryptids. The Sierra Sounds are used not only to support the claim of a Bigfoot
language, but also to legitimize claims of Bigfoot's existence...'

Wow...! How f*ckin' stupid is R. Scott Nelson! Fancy thinking we can talk to another species on this planet!!
Next, we'll be thinking parrots can copy our language.
tinywondering

Quote:'...As Nelson argues, "The existence of the Sasquatch Being is hereby assumed, since any creature must exist before
his language." However, there are still prior questions. Does Bigfoot exist, and if so, could Bigfoot speak?...'

Here's where the canny word-use comes into play. It gives a little, slyly invites you out into the weeds and then mentally
sodomises any proposition that Bigfoot-only, can exist.

Quote:'...For arguments sake, if Bigfoot did exist, the species would likely have developed its own system of communication,
like chimpanzees and Vervet monkeys. Similar to the claims of the (so far mythical) Orang-Pendek, Bigfoot would
probably communicate using vocalizations.

However, non-human primates don't have the physiology to produce a wide variety of speech sounds, so it is unlikely that
Bigfoot would have developed language, or would be able to speak existing human languages.

At any rate, this is all starting off on the wrong (Big)foot. There is no solid physical evidence to support the existence of Bigfoot.
Before we establish the existence of Bigfoot language, we would need to establish the existence of Bigfoot...'
SOURCE:

And there you have it. The article places Bigfoot firmly in the animal realm, where evidence abides that apes use basic
rudimentary diction and physical signals within their own specific species and since Bigfoot would behave the same,
the Sierra Nevada recordings are fake.
Then finally, the shovel of dirt on the coffin that academia has been using for years was thrown.
No solid evidence, so no Bigfoot.

Every poor bugger that's seen one of these things is a liar, the language on the tapes are just kids goofing around in the dark
and it's all-one big tourist-trap. The scientists who keep pushing back in time our 'human'-origins, told us so.
tinysure
(11-07-2019, 12:43 PM)BIAD Wrote:
Quote:'...This "Bigfoot" is likely human, and the Sierra Sounds a combination of hoax and misidentification, like all of
the other evidence for Bigfoot. Self -proclaimed "Bigfoot language expert" R. Scott Nelson has taken the Bigfoot
language claims one-step further.

As though it is the Linear B of Bigfoot language to be deciphered, Nelson has created a transcription of the Sierra
Sound Recordings. He is a retired U.S. Navy Cryptologic Technician Interpreter who speaks Russian, Spanish and
Persian...'

So he's a cryptologist? One of those people who are trained to find patterns of communication in what otherwise is gibberish?

Quote:
Quote:'...He also believes he can speak "Bigfoot". Nelson claims he has identified not only vocalizations such as whistles,
grunts, and snarls, but also individual phonemes, i.e., the sounds that combine to create words. Nelson has created
a pronunciation key for these phonemes, and he uses the Latin alphabet, diacritics and various other symbols to
represent these sounds.

He calls this the Sasquatch Phonetic Alphabet (SPA), or the Unclassified Hominid Phonetic Alphabet (UHPA).
It is unclear why he doesn't use the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA), the standardized representation of the sounds
of spoken language. Bilingualism (speaking two or more languages) and working as a translator doesn't qualify someone
to identify or describe undocumented languages.

Ooh! Ooh! I can answer that one! Pick me!

He probably doesn't use the IPA because it's friggin' ridiculous, and doesn't reproduce sounds very well on vocal chords used to speaking English - or any other human language, for that matter. Just TRY to make sense of it - you can find it in any Wikipedia entry. Use those symbols to try reproducing a sound - go on, just TRY it! Unlike the Guohuas, I cannot read Chinese script. Nor can I read Sanskrit or whatever that script is that Cambodian is written in. I CAN read English, Greek, Arabic, and Cyrillic scripts, but IPA is so unintelligible that it may as well be written in scratches on rock. I wouldn't use it, either. When I learned Shawnee, the script used was English with diacritics so that we could pronounce it properly. When I learned Arabic, the script used was Arabic - again, so we could pronounce it properly. IPA is not a script, it gibberish, unfit for use in reproducing actual sounds, much less languages.

One might be forgiven for thinking, however, that a background in recognizing intelligible patterns might qualify one for recognizing... intelligible patterns, such as phonemes...

Quote:
Quote:'...As Nelson argues, "The existence of the Sasquatch Being is hereby assumed, since any creature must exist before
his language." However, there are still prior questions. Does Bigfoot exist, and if so, could Bigfoot speak?...'

Here's where the canny word-use comes into play. It gives a little, slyly invites you out into the weeds and then mentally
sodomises any proposition that Bigfoot-only, can exist.

You said that quote comes from Scientific American? As science goes, it's not very science-y. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to realize that the statement Nelson makes answers BOTH of the "prior" questions the article postulates. As a matter of fact, it seems designed to answer them both... is logic entirely dead in the modern world?

Quote:
Quote:'...For arguments sake, if Bigfoot did exist, the species would likely have developed its own system of communication,
like chimpanzees and Vervet monkeys. Similar to the claims of the (so far mythical) Orang-Pendek, Bigfoot would
probably communicate using vocalizations.

However, non-human primates don't have the physiology to produce a wide variety of speech sounds, so it is unlikely that
Bigfoot would have developed language, or would be able to speak existing human languages.

At any rate, this is all starting off on the wrong (Big)foot. There is no solid physical evidence to support the existence of Bigfoot.
Before we establish the existence of Bigfoot language, we would need to establish the existence of Bigfoot...'
SOURCE:

ALL animals that I have so far encountered have a "language". ALL of them, not just primates. Since such language does not, however, use human phonemes for the most part, does that really bar it from classification as a language? Even crows, with brains the size of a pea, use language. They have, more than once, told me when there is another human around, and even whether or not that human has a gun. Yes, they recognize that, and have a different vocalization for it. They know, and can communicate, the differences between a bear, a bobcat, a dog/ coyote, a hawk, a snake, a human, and a human with a gun. Now to be fair, they were not specifically talking to ME, but they let each other know, for half a mile around, and I pick up on it. If even a crow can do that, where does Scientific American place the bar for "language"?

The article appears to be based upon faulty logic, faulty science, and shoddy workmanship... and closed minds (never a good attribute in someone claiming to be searching for "truth").

As an aside, regarding the "so-called Orang Pendek", is it just me, or has anyone else ever pondered a potential relationship between the Flores Hobbits and the "so-called Orang Pendek"? Might that be not just a passing resemblance?

I don't remember hearing anything like those recordings from the creature who lurked in the woods across from my house when I was a child. The recording did, however, have similarities to what others have heard from Bigfoot, so they claim.
I also believe any animal can communicate with others. They have their own language, and they get their point across in different ways than humans.  They also use telepathy, which means they are probably above humans when it comes to communication.
(11-07-2019, 05:51 PM)Ninurta Wrote: You said that quote comes from Scientific American? As science goes, it's not very science-y...

Yep, a place where you're supposed to not question their opinions.

Quote:ALL animals that I have so far encountered have a "language".
ALL of them, not just primates. Since such language does not, however, use human phonemes for the most part, does
that really bar it from classification as a language?

Even crows, with brains the size of a pea, use language. They have, more than once, told me when there is another human
around, and even whether or not that human has a gun. Yes, they recognize that, and have a different vocalization for it.

They know, and can communicate, the differences between a bear, a bobcat, a dog/ coyote, a hawk, a snake, a human, and
a human with a gun. Now to be fair, they were not specifically talking to ME, but they let each other know, for half a mile around,
and I pick up on it. If even a crow can do that, where does Scientific American place the bar for "language"?

Ah, that's where you screwed-up! You moved off the confined narrative where the science wants to keep you.
Of course all animals have ways of communicating and of course, different species can learn to utilise those
languages even if they cannot fully appreciate the nuances embedded in them.

But the sceptics of Bigfoot want you to believe that the recorded sounds are not communication because the
only true animal that can 'talk' is a human. However, I agree, The Scientific American website isn't very scientific.
minusculethumbsup

The blog was written by Karen Stollznow
Karen Stollznow is a linguist, columnist and the author of God Bless America, Haunting America and
Language Myths, Mysteries and Magic.
She received her Ph.D. in linguistics from the University of New England, Australia, and she lives in Denver,
Colorado.

She has a Ph.D. so you she's not a deplorable like us!
I was surprised to see this unlikely article in The Guardian today. One may assume all the other
minority groups are all used up!

Quote:Sasquatch or Wendigo? Mysterious howls in Canadian wilderness spark confusion.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=6663]

Hunters and government biologists searching for explanations after unusual sounds recorded in
forests of north-western Ontario..

A series of howls and shrieks recorded in the Canadian wilderness have left a hunter and government
biologists searching for explanations. Gino Meekis was out hunting grouse with his wife and grandson
in the forests of north-western Ontario –more than 50km from the closest town –when they heard a serie
 of eerie noises in the distance.

“When it let out the first scream, I thought it was a moose, but my mind changed when it screamed again
and again,” Meekis told Vice.

A resident of Sioux Lookout, Meekis is an avid hunter and has grown accustomed to the sights and sounds
of the region. Moose, black bears and wolves are relatively common sights in the backcountry.
“I’ve heard many different animals in the wild but nothing like this. I grew up hunting with my grandfather for
the first 12 years of my life,” he said.

The howls initially came from the distance but soon they appeared to move much closer, said Meekis.
“We could hear it moving… it sounded kind of heavy,” Meekis told CTV News. “But my wife, she got scared...
picked up [our grandson] and started walking fast towards the vehicle.”

As the group retreated, Meekis pulled out his phone and began recording the howls as well as his grandson
trying to mimic them.

The video, since posted to YouTube, has received more than half a million views. Some speculated the sounds
could come from a grizzly bear. While the species has never been documented in the region, a recent study
found their range is dramatically larger than originally thought.
Others speculated it could be a large wolf.

But the footage also prompted speculation that it offered evidence of the Sasquatch (also known as Bigfoot)
or Wendigo, two legendary cryptids said to roam the hinterlands of Canada.

Biologists with Ontario’s ministry of resources and forestry are skeptical that the sounds come from an unidentified
specifies –but also admit they are not certain of the source, said spokeswoman Jolanta Kowalski in an emailed
statement to media.

“Our biologists say it could be a larger mammal –for example a wolf –but because it’s a considerable distance
from the recorder there is no way to know for sure.”...'
The Guardian:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I don't know what it is, but can you imagine hearing that in the woods during the night?   tinybighuh 

Chilling sound!   tinysurprised
I've heard sounds very VERY similar to that in the woods here. Whenever I'd go to investigate, it usually turned out to be someone's hound running a deer.

As an aside, I've found a video I cannot download for more advanced analysis - this one. There is no button from One Click YouTube Video Downloader on the page, and pasting the URL into Dimeo just results in download failure. The sound is pretty dim from YouTube, even through headphones, so I was going to download it locally to increase the volume, but no dice.

Due to that inability, I'm going to call it a hoax, or at the very worst The Hound of the Baskervilles.

ETA: There are certain kinds of Cur Hounds that bay like that.