Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Real Drug Dealers.
A small sample of how we're preyed upon.

Quote:Sackler family 'funnelled $1bn into different bank accounts'

'The billionaire Sackler family "funnelled" at least $1bn (£800m) to different banks, including accounts in Switzerland,
officials said. The Sacklers own Purdue Pharma, which is accused of fuelling the US opioid crisis through drugs like
OxyContin.

Purdue is currently facing legal action brought by more than 2,000 plaintiffs, including almost two dozen US states.
Forbes estimates the Sacklers are worth $13bn, but many states claim the family has more money hidden abroad.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=6366]

New York State Attorney General Letitia James said that she has requested records from 33 financial institutions.
However, the $1bn in wire transfers were revealed in records from just one institution.

"Records from one financial institution alone have shown approximately $1 billion in wire transfers between the Sacklers,
entities they control and different financial institutions, including those that have funnelled funds into Swiss bank accounts,"
Ms James said, confirming claims first reported in the New York Times.
She did not name the financial institutions involved.

In response, a spokesperson for Mortimer DA Sackler, a former board member for the company, said in a statement to US
media that there was "nothing newsworthy about these decade-old transfers, which were perfectly legal and appropriate in
every respect".

"This is a cynical attempt by a hostile AG's office to generate defamatory headlines to try to torpedo a mutually beneficial
settlement that is supported by so many other states and would result in billions of dollars going to communities and individuals
across the country that need help," the spokesperson added.

What is the latest with the case?
It was reported on Thursday that Purdue Pharma reached a tentative multi-billion dollar agreement to settle the lawsuits against
it. According to the draft agreement, the Sacklers are expected to give up control of Purdue Pharma and personally contribute
$3bn to the settlement.

The company would then file for bankruptcy, dissolve and reform, and would be removed from next month's legal proceedings.
However a number of states, including New York, Massachusetts, and Connecticut, where the company is headquartered,
said they were not party to the deal and would continue their fight against the company.

William Tong, Connecticut attorney general, said: "The scope and scale of the pain, death and destruction that Purdue and the
Sacklers have caused far exceeds anything that has been offered thus far."
Josh Shapiro, Pennsylvania's top lawyer, said the settlement was "a slap in the face to everyone who has had to bury a loved
one due to this family's destruction and greed".

"It allows the Sackler family to walk away billionaires and admit no wrongdoing," he added...'
BBC:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Quote:William Tong, Connecticut attorney general, said: "The scope and scale of the pain, death and destruction that Purdue and the
Sacklers have caused far exceeds anything that has been offered thus far."

Josh Shapiro, Pennsylvania's top lawyer, said the settlement was "a slap in the face to everyone who has had to bury a loved
one due to this family's destruction and greed".

There's a special place awaiting them when they leave this earth.   tinyangry
We live in a litigious society filled with money-grubbin' bastards - and here I'm not referring to the Sacklers, although they may be money-grubbin' bastards, too.

ANY law suit or "settlement" that New York is involved in is automatically tainted, just by virtue of New York's involvement. New Yorkers are the theivingest bunch of miscreants I've ever had the misfortune to encounter, and nowadays they seem to prefer their theiving and pushing other folks around to involve courts. Having New York involved automatically places a plus in the Sackler's column as far as I am concerned.

I don't know of any areas more involved in the so-called "opioid epidemic" than the area I live in. There is a reason that OxyContin is called "Hillbilly Heroin". Yet I am willing to bet than exactly none of any "settlement" money makes it into this area - it will all be kept by the high roller thieves involved in the litigation. That alone tells me that they are not having humanitarian feelings, they are instead having "I get to line my pockets at someone else's expense" feelings. I really don't care, though - it won't be the first time someone else has carted what is ours away to enrich themselves, and it won't be the last.

In my estimation, those involved in the litigation are NO better than the Sacklers, in that their main goal in life is to enrich themselves on the misery of someone else. Birds of a feather, the entire lot of them on both sides.

I can't say that I care how other folks choose to end themselves, addicts included. When they die of their problems, it removes them from the gene pool, thus making the rest remaining just a little stronger every time. With that said, I also think it's criminal to prosecute low level drug dealers or users and let the Big Boys go free - I think, instead, that all drugs should be made legal, and the chips fall where they may. The biggest problem here with drugs as far as I can tell are their price and availability. Prices are driven up due to "criminalization", and those higher prices prompt addicts to engage in crimes to get the money to pay those high prices, crimes which affect the innocent as victims. It's not the drugs causing crime, nor is it even the druggies - it's the illegalization driving prices up that causes the crime.

I know folks personally whose lives have been ruined by the legal system over drugs (while at the same time they've been left alive to suffer for life) while the folks who made those drugs sit in offices and rake in bucks, free as birds. I don't see that as fair - what's good for the goose is good for the gander. either put 'em all in jail on felonies, kill them all off, or leave them all the hell alone to do what they do. Just creating a problem out of nothing so that vultures can line their pockets should be criminalized as well.

An unfortunate side effect of this "opioid epidemic" is that drugs are drying up here, especially as prescriptions for folks that really NEED pain medications. The Federal government has cracked down on prescriptions to the point that doctors are afraid to prescribe them to legitimately sick folks in pain, thus propagating their pain. The unfortunate result is that dopers have no end to their drugs of choice through the black market while legitimate patients are left to writhe and suffer in their pain.

It's a fucked up world. Patients are left to suffer, dopers lives are utterly ruined with no end to their own suffering clean or not, and vultures enrich themselves off the bodies of the dead and suffering via the miracle of modern litigation.

I can't, for the life of me, blame the Sacklers or their ilk - their opportunistic opponents are just as bad, or maybe even worse.

Bastards all.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Here's an interesting read.
The deadly drugs are being shipped via mail, making it much easier to buy on the black market. The man in the story below got caught, but not before thousands of lives were destroyed -- some fatally, but why would he care?  He made millions off their suffering.

Quote:The photo that flashed onto the courtroom screen showed a young man dead on his bedroom floor, bare feet poking from the cuffs of his rolled-up jeans. Lurking on a trash can at the edge of the picture was what prosecutors said delivered this death: an ordinary, U.S. Postal Service envelope.

It had arrived with 10 round, blue pills inside, the markings of pharmaceutical-grade oxycodone stamped onto the surface. The young man took out two, crushed and snorted them. But the pills were poison, prosecutors said: counterfeits containing fatal grains of fentanyl, a potent synthetic opioid that has written a deadly new chapter in the American opioid epidemic.
The envelope was postmarked from the suburbs of Salt Lake City.

That's where a clean-cut, 29-year-old college dropout and Eagle Scout named Aaron Shamo made himself a millionaire by building a fentanyl trafficking empire with not much more than his computer and the help of a few friends.
Read the full story: The rise and fall of an Eagle Scout's deadly fentanyl empire