Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Strangely-Worded News Articles.
Maybe Rogue Nation should start a betting-station in our 'Britain Today' thread and ask readers for their wager
on any of the stories of violence and thievery in the UK will have the expression "no arrests have been made"!

But what I find suspicious is -not only the manner the incident below is reported, but the real-life logistics that had
to be in place for the incident to occur. It's difficult to appreciate such happenings when one is unfamiliar with the
full facts, but in this instance, there's an alarming number of things that aren't approached in the article.

If we look at the basic premise of this event, there are many actions that had to align to make sure the reader
receives the shocking impact of what occurred, but not the rational steps that lead up to what is said to happen.
If I may, I'll explore them with you and we'll see how narratives are controlled for the sake of gaining ratings.

Quote:'PLEASE, NO!' Shocking moment young mum is dragged from her car by knife thugs as she begs to let her
save her toddler in the back

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9508]

The horrifying moments of an almost accidental kidnapping.

'This is the harrowing moment a mum was dragged out of her car by knife thugs as she desperately begged to get
her toddler out the back. Shocking footage shows one of the yobs pulling the mum from her Alfa Romeo before two
accomplices rush over...'

So without any backstory, we have a young mother parking her £37,000 ($52,000) Alfa Romeo in a quiet middle-class
neighbourhood on a leafy side-street where other vehicles are parked.

I can understand that such areas of assumed wealth can be ideal hunting grounds for stealing and intimidation by
someone of the lower classes, but such opportunities -if regular occurrences, would breed vigilance in the community
and would obviously attract the attention of the Police. In regards of the thieves, regular 'on-the-ground' surveillance of
their 'stealing territory' would also have to be conducted and this could lead to identification and arrests just from this
routine alone.

Quote:'She can be heard screaming "let me get my kid, let me get my kid" as one of the thugs grabs her arm.
The mum then makes her way to the side of the car to grab her two-year-old son as the thieves clamber into the motor.
She barely has time to get the toddler out of the car before the heartless louts drive off with the door still open.
The mum can be seen stood looking shaken on the side of the road in Manchester with her baby...'

What we don't see is the lead-up to the assault and theft. We're left to assume that this is merely a random set of bad
coincidences and met at the point where three confident thieves saw a young woman sitting in her car and in unison,
this trio decided to steal her expensive possession.

We don't know why she is in that particular street, maybe she lives there or maybe she's visiting a friend or relative.
Since (below) the mother of the victim is the one who posted the footage on social media, we can guess the young driver
was visiting her mother.

Now was it the mother who filmed the stealing of the car...? This would seem odd considering her daughter and grandchild
are in peril and instead of becoming aware of the commotion and reacting in the standard manner of protecting one's children,
she hurried upstairs with her cell phone to record the incident from the front-bedroom window.

Wouldn't the parental thing to do is to race to your child and grandchild's aid? Wouldn't you as a parent be governed by your
maternal or paternal instinct to react to stopping the possible injuring of your child and possibly steal a unaware toddler strapped
in the back of the car?

What other reason -besides the possibility that the footage was taken by another resident of the street and given to the mother
of the victim, could answer this question? If a resident of the street did take the video, did he/she regularly film the goings-on
on this middle-class avenue? If so, why...? what happens there on a regualr basis to warrant such hidden monitoring?

As a side-issue, does this assumed neighbour know the victim's mother or is the releasing of the film merely the outcome
of the Police interviewing those in the surrounding area of the event and acquiring the footage?
But why transmit the footage to the victim's mother ?!

Quote:'...Her mother posted the footage on social media in a bid to catch the three knifemen. She said her daughter and grandson
are both OK but "really shook up". The gran added: "Does anybody know who these 3 lads are please?

"Around 7 o'clock tonight they dragged my daughter out of her car with a knife to her throat and took the car barely giving
her chance to get her 2 year old out of the car, she's traumatised. "Pease if anybody has any information I can pass to the
police I would be really grateful".

Mum Mandy, 39, added: “I am so proud of her and of how she protected her baby. Fingers crossed we get the b******s.”
Courtney, 26, of Gorton, Manchester, wrote: “I really thought I was going to get stabbed as there was no way I was willingly
leaving the car with my baby in there.”...'

The mother -Mandy, is 39 years-old. The young woman in the vehicle is reported as 26 years of age... this means 'Grannie Mandy'
gave birth to Courtney when she was thirteen years-old!!
tinyhuh

Quote:'...Horrified viewers have slammed the thugs after the video was posted on social media.
One said: "Horrible nasty cowards targeting a young girl and her baby, thank god your daughter and grandchild were
not physically harmed hope they catch the b******s".

Another said: "Omg this is shocking . Really hope she is okay xx".
While one wrote: "WOW!! How on earth can 3 guys target a lone girl and her 2 year old son like that!!
"Absolutely disgusting the fact not one of them told the other to stop shows there all horrible cowards!!
"I hope this girl and her little one is ok!! I feel sick just watching it! Her screams say it all the poor thing!"
Greater Manchester Police confirmed they were called to the "armed theft" at around 7.10pm yesterday.

Police found the car abandoned a mile from the scene of Thursday’s 7pm robbery and are hunting the crooks.
They said the mum and child are "both safe and well" and confirmed there were no injuries.
Police also said there had been no arrests.

Detective Sergeant Helen Fletcher of GMP's Operation Valiant, said: "Understandably, this was a frightening and shocking
incident and officers from GMP's Operation Valiant team are working around the clock and following multiple positive lines
of enquiry in order to bring the offenders to justice."...'
Archived Sun Article:

So there you have it. A vaguely-explained set of circumstances that entertain in a worrying fashion of an innocent female
victim and the frightening possibility of an innocent infant being taken from its mother.

Except... you don't have it. The actual incident is entirely different from the rational assumptions one would perceive regarding
the above article.
tinyhuh

Quote:Terrifying moment young mum scrambles to save toddler as thugs steal her car in Snapchat set-up

'A young mum scrambled to save her toddler while having her car stolen at knifepoint in a terrifying Snapchat set-up in Gorton.
The horrifying ordeal was caught on camera on Clumber Road at around 7pm on Thursday (June 17).
Courtney Slater and her boyfriend travelled to the area after arranging to sell some sunglasses on Snapchat.

Courtney’s boyfriend – who does not wish to be named – agreed to meet with a man after he said he would buy them.
After arriving at the location, Courtney waited in the car with her two-year-old son Lekai. At the side of the vehicle, the buyer was
shown the sunglasses and the pair exchanged conversation for a while.
But suddenly, a group of hooded men "appeared from nowhere" and began chasing him with knives.

Courtney, 21, attempted to flee the scene but was approached by a member of the group. He put a knife to her throat and ordered
her to get out of her car. She believed the attackers were going to kill her and take her son.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9509]
Courtney Slater, age-changer and mother.

Speaking to the Manchester Evening News , she said: “He thought they were going to buy the glasses. He was showing him the
glasses and the man said he didn’t know if he wanted them. “Then people came by the side of the car out of nowhere and tried to
stab my boyfriend. They started chasing him with the knife and we didn’t realise one had stayed behind.

“He had the knife to my throat in front of my two-year-old in the back of my car. “I started screaming and crying. As long as my kid was
safe, that’s all I was bothered about.

“I thought, ‘Oh my God, Lekai is in the back. What if he gets in the car and take Lekai? I’m going to have to get stabbed’.
“I went to put the car into first gear and he opened the door and said get out the car. “I grabbed onto my steering wheel to try and stay
in the car. He pulled me that hard, my top ripped. “He said, ‘Get the kid from the back,’ and pushed me. I tried to run but my legs were jelly.
“I tried to get my two-year-old out of the seat and he was caught in the seatbelt. They didn’t care; they just started driving.”

Courtney’s vehicle was recovered in a nearby side street shortly after the incident. Her phone, house keys and car keys were all missing.
She says the attack has also had an impact on her young son, who today told her: “The man pulled mummy out of the car”.
She continued: “I just sat there wailing. “I feel horrible. I can’t drive; I got in my car after I got it back and I felt sick. I don’t want to be in the car.
“Every time a car drives past my house I’m worried it’s them. I had letters in my car and I’m worried they have my address.”

One of the attackers has been described as around 19-years-old, black, heavily built and wore a blue coat and black balaclava.
Another attacker has been described as being around 19-years-old, white and wore grey shorts and a Gucci bag...'
Archived Manchester Evening News Article:

An item for sale, a boyfriend who wishes to not be named, a neutral meeting place and a robbery and possible attempted
kidnapping. Yet there are factors even in this article that seem strange.

To begin with Courtney -the driver, has lost five years in age...! In the Manchester Evening News article she's reported to
be 21, The Sun piece has her at 26!

The would-be buyer approached the driver's side where the female was and yet, there's nothing to indicate the boyfriend
was actually in the vehicle at that moment. In the footage shown in The Sun article, it shows that no male was expelled
from the car and yet there's no mention of the boyfriend being taken with the thieves.
(In the UK, the driver's-side is the right-hand-side!)

There's no evidence that this boyfriend is the father of the child due to the article's pushing that it's the female that shows
concern for the child in the back of the car and no mention of him possibly giving away his son to unknown criminals.

However, the quote: "a group of hooded men "appeared from nowhere" and began chasing him with knives" does indicate
he was involved and yet this attack occurred before the filming. It's strange that the boyfriend never reappeared on the film
after the incident.

I'm an old fuddie-duddie and cannot suggest what sunglasses are expensive enough for two young people to drive their
Alfa Romeo from an unknown point in Gorton to a quiet tree-lined street in the same district in the attempt to sell the item
to an unknown customer. Whatever the price, it must outweigh the cost of running the vehicle and the need to have all of the
'makeshift' family in the car during the transaction.
tinywondering

The only commodity I know that would require this sort of secluded rendezvous and security -via having a female and child
being there, is a quantity of..... (keyboard interference!)
tinylaughing

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Cheers @"BIAD" 

Couldn't look at the photos you attached -- some sort of permissions problem.

Yeah.  Something missing from that account.  It makes no sense at all.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(06-19-2021, 03:30 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Cheers @"BIAD" 

Couldn't look at the photos you attached -- some sort of permissions problem.

Yeah.  Something missing from that account.  It makes no sense at all.

Cheers

Hmmm, I saved them as usual.
minusculethinking

That's what caught my eye, a story that had been altered to suit a narrative and still didn't make any sense!
How odd.

This exact same story, complete with exactly the same video, was reported on the news here as having occurred in New York, evidence of the massive crime wave rocking that city.

I recall the exact same video from our story because of the way that the victim had to re-dress herself after her car extraction, and then the rush of other (initially off-camera) thugs to get to the car after the initial extraction by a single thug.

What are the odds of the same situation, with the same victim, the same car, and the same miscreants occurring in two separate cities that far apart?

How odd.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(06-19-2021, 06:32 PM)Ninurta Wrote: How odd.

This exact same story, complete with exactly the same video, was reported on the news here as having occurred in New York,
evidence of the massive crime wave rocking that city.

I recall the exact same video from our story because of the way that the victim had to re-dress herself after her car extraction,
and then the rush of other (initially off-camera) thugs to get to the car after the initial extraction by a single thug.

What are the odds of the same situation, with the same victim, the same car, and the same miscreants occurring in two separate
cities that far apart?

How odd.

Sorry for the delay in replying, but it's not the first time I've observed a similar oddity before.

I was aware of discussion forums where Journalists met to 'arrange' the public's focus onto a chosen agenda and I know of
some of the simple ruses applied -via television, newspaper and internet visuals, to make the viewer think in a certain manner.
But this clunky use of a mnemonic scenario may be an indication of how lazy these bastards are becoming!

Green-screen is one thing, but to just uproot (or create) a tale and place it in another place just to use the pushed fear shows
that the world we live in, isn't the one we look at in our living-rooms or on our internet equipment.
(Didn't they used to call a home computer the 'magical fireplace?!!)

One must understand that a lot of what one assumes from information is generated by emphasis given within that information
and that one of the best ways is to lead a listener/reader of the information to an imagined place of thought -rather than tell
them outright.

It isn't productive to say any lone male seen walking along a road at night is Rutger Haurer from 'The Hitcher', but by selective
writing and appropriate visuals, that suggestion can be given over without concerns of blow-back for the one suggesting it!

Are black people thieves...?! The recent and ongoing riots in the US hinted at this just by the video footage, but if you live in
a quiet rural settlement, wouldn't that be a fair conclusion obtained from the news articles?

'Antifa is just an idea, man' -said Joe Biden during a televised head-to-head with Donald Trump, yet Portland in Oregon suffered
it's highest number of of homicides in the 2020 riots. Antifa even controlled a 'Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone' (CHAZ), where rape
and murder took place. 

During his time as President, was Donald Trump an agent for Russia? The media certainly believed so and never a day went
by without another news-piece (which was really an opinion-piece) telling the world that the Orange-Man was in cahoots with
Putin. 

All the above have divisive connotations and written to possibly make a reader think the USA is in chaos and not unified as a nation.
But in the majority of neighbourhoods around the United States, automatic gunfire and burning buildings are not what people are
waking up to.

Then there's the Covid-19 crisis, a world-travelling virus that hasn't got any legs. Countries banned -and are still banning each other,
from allowing visitors from outside their borders and yet, the Coof still managed to jump oceans and move along highways.

The words 'infection' and 'tested positive' became synonymous with old folk in Care Homes dying alone and such negative phrasing is
now being rolled-out to be used on the young. Apparently in the UK, everyone over 45 is now immune to the deadly disease and it's
just the kids that don't want to enjoy the London nightlife or go to university that are the threat.

What is kept from the public-eye are the real factors for the Coof's transmission rate and without listing them, I assure you that your
conclusion would arrive at the subject of social-class issues. This bleeds into all sorts of behavioural and cultural differences that
connect to wealth and disciplines of self-betterment, a place the MSM don't want to talk about!

*Anti-media diatribe over!*

This one doesn't really make sense on many levels. I mean, what would be the purpose of it when seen through the lens of a
ratings-yearning media company?
The ethnicity of the car-thieves has no bearing, they were white and black males. The sex of the thieves is in-line with standard
acts of crime of this nature (physical and group-related).

The only shock value is the potentiality of a child abduction from a young mother. A worrying concern, but even the account needed
tweaking to assist the scene for it to look like a random act that could happen to anyone. The poor narrative regarding the male
partner is in harmony with the MSM's current portrayal of irresponsible men (possibly father), but it's hardly front-and-centre has
a key outrage point.

Maybe this is the answer, a horrible situation that implies that you're not safe even in your own vehicle and the remedy is not to go
outside at all? It's weak -I know, but it's another example of how an average person may arrive at the conclusion that it's dangerous
outside your home and the best thing to do is to remain indoors and rely on the TV and internet to tell you what is going on out there!

If I'm only a quarter of the way of being correct in this postulation, it's a hint of how desperate the failing establishment media are
becoming. Enough so, that they need to use a typical social-anxiety in two different parts of the world!

Just a thought.
tinywondering
(06-22-2021, 10:19 AM)BIAD Wrote: One must understand that a lot of what one assumes from information is generated by emphasis given within that information
and that one of the best ways is to lead a listener/reader of the information to an imagined place of thought -rather than tell
them outright.

It is what is so common in the media and on internet now, that it has become, extremely annoying, and disgusting for me. I don't waste my time with it.

I try to avoid posts that keep the race hate, and the political division thriving. I try to avoid making their attempts successful. As you stated, it is very easy to spot a piece that is lacking in true information, but stacked with hyperbole, with wording used to manipulate the narrative, and to trigger a selective response.
Another example of of how the world we live in is managed by the media before we are given the information.

Financial Times.
"Russia claims it fired shots at British destroyer off Crimea"
(Link)

The BBC's version:

Quote:HMS Defender: Russian jets and ships target British warship

'More than 20 Russian aircraft and two coastguard ships have shadowed a British warship sailing near Crimea.
Moscow's defence ministry said a patrol ship fired warning shots and a jet dropped bombs in the path of HMS
Defender as it sailed some 12 miles (19km) off Crimea's coast.

The UK government rejected Russia's account of the incident and denied that any warning shots had been fired.
A BBC correspondent on the warship said it was harassed by Russia's military...'

The link will give you the full story, but here's a piece of that article displayed in the lower-half.

Quote:'...Two Russian coastguard ships that were shadowing the Royal Navy warship, tried to force it to alter its course.
At one stage, one of the Russian vessels closed in to about 100m.

Increasingly hostile warnings were issued over the radio - including one that said "if you don't change course I'll fire".
We did hear some firing in the distance but they were believed to be well out of range...'
BBC:

That's a little bit different than the headline from the Financial Times and another thing, why was it that the BBC
correspondent just happened to be on the same warship that the FT claims was fired upon?
minusculethinking
(06-22-2021, 10:19 AM)BIAD Wrote: If I'm only a quarter of the way of being correct in this postulation, it's a hint of how desperate the failing establishment media are
becoming. Enough so, that they need to use a typical social-anxiety in two different parts of the world!

Just a thought.
tinywondering

It's unfortunate that they have to contend with people like me, who used to regularly visit places marked on maps as "here there be dragons", don't mind punching a hole or two in miscreants, and thus will not be dissuaded from venturing forth.

When I moved to a rough neighborhood in Kansas City, Grace told me "you can't go out here after dark"... so I said "here, hold my beer, and just watch this..." - and I never had any serious trouble at all there. Not what I would call "serious", anyhow.

She did draw the line one night when gunshots were fired on the street below our apartment window. I immediately headed for the door to go out, and she body blocked the door so that I couldn't. Even Grace must have her limits. She has a thing about "keeping me safe", and apparently thinks I am incapable of that... but I lived to this ripe old age somehow, and managed to survive before I met her.

I reckon there are just some of us who are constructed differently, can't be re-constructed, and as they say around here "you just can't do nothin' with 'em!".

How will they handle us?

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(06-24-2021, 06:27 PM)Ninurta Wrote: It's unfortunate that they have to contend with people like me, who used to regularly visit places marked on maps as
"here there be dragons", don't mind punching a hole or two in miscreants, and thus will not be dissuaded from venturing
forth...

Here's something that we -as viewers rarely think about, how were certain images we see on TV and on the
internet captured? The written narrative usually contains the reader from thinking in such an unconventional
manner, but such imaginative scrutiny can show the whole story in a different light.

It doesn't surprise me that those in power think on this level and the media ignore the discipline because it
would ruin their respective agendas. Yet as Ninurta indicates, such perception is available and in the article
below, is being used.
The UK's Secretary of State for Health and Social Care -Matt Hancock, introduced new regulations and instructed
the British public to abide by them during the flu pandemic. What wasn't known at the time, was Hancock was
breaking those rules by having an affair with a publically-paid aide.

The Sun newspaper acquired condemning images allegedly from a security camera situated in Hancock's office
of Hancock and the female in an embrace and this led to the Minister resigning from his position.

But how did the newspaper get access to the pictures..? Who approached who and when? Who would threaten
their livelihood -and possibly even freedom, by leaking images to a media outlet?
minusculethinking

Quote:Government to investigate leak of Matt Hancock CCTV footage
Minister says health department will undertake internal inquiry into footage that led to resignation

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9564]
Matt & His Squeeze.

'The government will investigate how the footage of Matt Hancock kissing an aide in his office that triggered his downfall
ended up in the public domain, a cabinet minister said. Brandon Lewis, the Northern Ireland secretary, said the Department
of Health and Social Care (DHSC) would undertake an internal investigation into the leaking of the CCTV pictures to the Sun.

Multiple media reports have said a DHSC employee was the culprit.
The tabloid’s publication of footage recorded on 6 May by the CCTV in Hancock’s office of him embracing Gina Coladangelo
led to the health secretary’s resignation on Saturday and replacement by Sajid Javid, the former home secretary and chancellor.

Lewis’s remarks came amid claims the leaker had sought the help of an anti-lockdown campaigner in placing the pictures with a
media outlet in order to undermine Hancock. As health secretary, Hancock was one of the key ministers arguing last autumn that
a second lockdown was needed to reduce Covid infections and stop the NHS becoming overwhelmed.

Speaking on Sky News’s Trevor Phillips on Sunday, Lewis said: “I have seen some of the reports this morning outlining how different
journalists think the tape might have got out there. That is certainly a matter I know the Department of Health will be looking into to
understand exactly how that was recorded, how it got out of the system. It’s something we need to get to the bottom of.”

The security and privacy of government business means ministers need to understand how someone was able to access and record
the footage and then share it with a newspaper, he said. “What happens in government departments can be sensitive, important and
people need to have confidence that what is happening in a government department is something that allows government to be focused
on these core issues, and the sensitivity sometimes in the security sense of those core issues.

“I do know that is something the Department of Health will be taking forward as an internal investigation and we need to see and let them
have the space to do that, to understand how this happened and to ensure this kind of situation can’t happen again or across government
indeed.”

The status and nature of the health department’s investigation is unknown, as is whether its findings will be made public.
The Guardian reported on Friday that Downing Street had ruled out a full-scale leak inquiry, despite the security implications of the footag
 going public, amid concern that, if identified, the leaker could present themselves as a whistleblower who was exposing wrongdoing and
thus claim the legal protections whistleblowers are meant to enjoy. Sources say that remains the case.

The Mail on Sunday reported that the leaker sent messages via Instagram to the unnamed anti-lockdown activist. One said: “I have some
very damning CCTV footage of someone that has been recently classed as completely f***ing hopeless. If you would like some more
information please contact me.”

That was reportedly sent on 17 June, the day after Boris Johnson’s former chief adviser Dominic Cummings published text message
exchanges he had with the prime minister last year in which Johnson called Hancock “totally fucking hopeless”.

A second message, sent on 19 June, said: “I really need to be careful with this but it involves him in a very compromising position with
some [sic] who isn’t his wife last month.”
And a further message, sent later that day, added: “I have the full video … it’s now been deleted off the system as it’s over 30 days.”

The Guardian asked the DHSC for further details of its inquiry and the Mail on Sunday’s claims...'
Archived Guardian Article:

Of course, The Sun newspaper had to retaliate and did...

Quote:ROMANTIC GETAWAY Matt Hancock whisked mistress aide Gina away on romantic G7 summit break
after claims he was ‘sh**ging on taxpayer cash’

LINK:

(06-23-2021, 06:04 PM)BIAD Wrote: Another example of of how the world we live in is managed by the media before we are given the information.

Financial Times.
"Russia claims it fired shots at British destroyer off Crimea"
(Link)

The BBC's version:

Quote:HMS Defender: Russian jets and ships target British warship

'More than 20 Russian aircraft and two coastguard ships have shadowed a British warship sailing near Crimea.
Moscow's defence ministry said a patrol ship fired warning shots and a jet dropped bombs in the path of HMS
Defender as it sailed some 12 miles (19km) off Crimea's coast.

The UK government rejected Russia's account of the incident and denied that any warning shots had been fired.
A BBC correspondent on the warship said it was harassed by Russia's military...'

In regards of this incident, it later emerged that some classified Ministry of Defence documents were found at bus stop
in Kent. These sensitive papers discussed possible Russian reaction to the HMS Defender's passage through Ukrainian
waters off the Crimea coast.
Coincidence?

Then the rain-soaked documents were given in to the BBC:
"...The documents, almost 50 pages in all, were found in a soggy heap behind a bus stop in Kent early on Tuesday morning
A member of the public, who wishes to remain anonymous, contacted the BBC when he realised the sensitive nature of the

contents...'
(Link:)

Phew! A BBC Journalist aboard a ship that may-or-may-not have been fired upon and some papers about the same ship
the BBC Journalist was on, discovered at a bus stop and handed in to the BBC. All at the same time the Matt Hancock
scandal was appearing.

What are the odds?!
Wanna see the BBC's hypocrisy...? It's easy really, they can't help themselves, yer' see they're racists.
tinywondering

Quote:Bruno Candé: White man jailed for Portugal murder of black actor

'A white man who shot dead a black actor in Portugal last year has been sentenced to more than two decades in prison.
Bruno Candé, 39, was shot several times by Evaristo Marinho, 77, after being threatened days earlier.
Marinho was convicted of racially motivated murder and handed 22 years and nine months behind bars.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9568]
Bruno Candé

The killing sparked anti-racism demonstrations to demand justice for Mr Candé, who was of Guinean origin.
He was a father of three, and a member of the Casa Conveniente theatre group...'
Archived BBC Article:

Quote:Birmingham stabbings: Man admits Jacob Billington killing

'A man has admitted killing a person and trying to kill or wound seven others in a series of stabbings in Birmingham.
University library intern Jacob Billington, 23, died and seven others were injured in five separate incidents in the early
hours of 6 September.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9569]
(Left) Jacob Billington and his killer Zephaniah McLeod.

Zephaniah McLeod, 28, of Nately Grove, Selly Oak, Birmingham, pleaded guilty to Mr Billington's manslaughter.
At Birmingham Crown Court, he also admitted four counts of attempted murder and three of wounding.
Appearing via video link, McLeod was told he would be sentenced on 27 and 28 September...'
Archived BBC Piece:

Notice the difference?
tinywondering

(06-28-2021, 08:50 PM)BIAD Wrote: Wanna see the BBC's hypocrisy...? It's easy really, they can't help themselves, yer' see they're racists.
tinywondering

Quote:Bruno Candé: White man jailed for Portugal murder of black actor

'A white man who shot dead a black actor in Portugal last year has been sentenced to more than two decades in prison.
Bruno Candé, 39, was shot several times by Evaristo Marinho, 77, after being threatened days earlier.
Marinho was convicted of racially motivated murder and handed 22 years and nine months behind bars.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9568]
Bruno Candé

The killing sparked anti-racism demonstrations to demand justice for Mr Candé, who was of Guinean origin.
He was a father of three, and a member of the Casa Conveniente theatre group...'
Archived BBC Article:

Quote:Birmingham stabbings: Man admits Jacob Billington killing

'A man has admitted killing a person and trying to kill or wound seven others in a series of stabbings in Birmingham.
University library intern Jacob Billington, 23, died and seven others were injured in five separate incidents in the early
hours of 6 September.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9569]
(Left) Jacob Billington and his killer Zephaniah McLeod.

Zephaniah McLeod, 28, of Nately Grove, Selly Oak, Birmingham, pleaded guilty to Mr Billington's manslaughter.
At Birmingham Crown Court, he also admitted four counts of attempted murder and three of wounding.
Appearing via video link, McLeod was told he would be sentenced on 27 and 28 September...'
Archived BBC Piece:

Notice the difference?
tinywondering

Yeah, it's pretty "in your face" the difference in these two articles.
Corona California... is the clue in the title?!

Quote:1 killed, 1 wounded in shooting at Corona movie theater during showing of 'Purge' sequel

'CORONA, Calif. (KABC) -- An 18-year-old woman is dead and a 19-year-old man is on life support
after a shooting at a Corona movie theater during a showing of "The Forever Purge." The shooting
happened just before midnight at the Regal Edwards Corona Crossings during a showing of the film.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9710]

The woman who died has been identified as Rylee Goodrich, 18, of Corona.
The man who was wounded was identified as Anthony Barajas, 19, of Corona. He was transported to
a local hospital and was on life support, police said.

The two were together inside the theater seeing a 9:35 p.m. showing of the film when they were shot.
"Officers arrived on scene, they located two people down suffering from gunshot wounds inside the
theater," said Officer Tobias Kouroubacalis of the Corona Police Department.

But exactly what happened inside the theater is still a mystery because it's not believed that many
people were inside when it all went down. "I'm being told right now there were six tickets purchased
for that movie showing," said Kouroubacalis.

Was the shooting random? Was it a domestic dispute? Considering how loud the movie is at times,
were there even any witnesses? Police say they don't know, although they did confirm that no weapon
was found at the scene.

"We're asking for anyone who might have been inside that movie, or a theater adjacent to that, for any
information at all, whether they saw something or heard something, or anybody out in the parking lot
in that time frame who may have seen something or heard something, please call us," Kouroubacalis
said.

Investigators were at the scene for over 12 hours, asking people to avoid the area.
There's no word on a motive or any suspects. The movie theater remains closed...'
ABC7:

(07-28-2021, 08:31 AM)BIAD Wrote: Corona California... is the clue in the title?!

Quote:1 killed, 1 wounded in shooting at Corona movie theater during showing of 'Purge' sequel

'CORONA, Calif. (KABC) -- An 18-year-old woman is dead and a 19-year-old man is on life support
after a shooting at a Corona movie theater during a showing of "The Forever Purge." The shooting
happened just before midnight at the Regal Edwards Corona Crossings during a showing of the film.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9710]

The woman who died has been identified as Rylee Goodrich, 18, of Corona.
The man who was wounded was identified as Anthony Barajas, 19, of Corona. He was transported to
a local hospital and was on life support, police said.

The two were together inside the theater seeing a 9:35 p.m. showing of the film when they were shot.
"Officers arrived on scene, they located two people down suffering from gunshot wounds inside the
theater," said Officer Tobias Kouroubacalis of the Corona Police Department.

But exactly what happened inside the theater is still a mystery because it's not believed that many
people were inside when it all went down. "I'm being told right now there were six tickets purchased
for that movie showing," said Kouroubacalis.

Was the shooting random? Was it a domestic dispute? Considering how loud the movie is at times,
were there even any witnesses? Police say they don't know, although they did confirm that no weapon
was found at the scene.

"We're asking for anyone who might have been inside that movie, or a theater adjacent to that, for any
information at all, whether they saw something or heard something, or anybody out in the parking lot
in that time frame who may have seen something or heard something, please call us," Kouroubacalis
said.

Investigators were at the scene for over 12 hours, asking people to avoid the area.
There's no word on a motive or any suspects. The movie theater remains closed...'
ABC7:

@"BIAD" 

A movie theater in a town called Corona, watching a movie called The Purge?   tinybighuh

Someone said this was too good not to take advantage of the timing.  A teen perhaps?  A jealous lover?   A crazy person on the loose?

This is just weird.
(07-28-2021, 03:32 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: @"BIAD" 
A movie theater in a town called Corona, watching a movie called The Purge?   tinybighuh

Someone said this was too good not to take advantage of the timing.  A teen perhaps?
A jealous lover?   A crazy person on the loose?
This is just weird.

Yeah, and the information is sparse.

Quote:'...Authorities are appealing for help as they investigate a shooting that killed an
18-year-old woman and seriously wounded a 19-year-old social media influencer
as they watched "The Forever Purge" at a Southern California movie theater.

Rylee Goodrich was dead, and Anthony Barajas was on life support, police said.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9711]
Anthony Barajas, known online as itsanthonymichael, has nearly
a million followers on TikTok, and more on other platforms.

The teens from Corona were found by theater workers cleaning up after the 9:35 p.m.
showing of the violent horror movie at The Crossings mall in Corona, southeast of
Los Angeles, Officer Tobias Kouroubacalis told CBS Los Angeles...'
CBS:

(07-28-2021, 03:32 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: @"BIAD" 

Someone said this was too good not to take advantage of the timing.  A teen perhaps?  A jealous lover?   A crazy person on the loose?

This is just weird.

I'm going with the "jealous lover" explanation. That seems to tick all the boxes. On a side note, the popularity of the "Purge" franchise appears to be waning. 6 people in an entire theater for the showing? That won't even pay the projectionists salary!

Those wacky kids and their Tik-Tok videos, inflaming the passions of loser lunatics for miles and miles all around!

My Son and I were both born in Corona, I lived there most of my life until the late 80's and bailed to Utah.
Those involved.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9718]
(Left-to-right) Victims -Rylee Goodrich, 18 and Anthony Barajas, 19. Suspect -Joseph Jimenez, 20.