Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mysterious large mass
A new discovery on our moon.
Quote:Mysterious large mass discovered on Moon bewilders scientists: 'Whatever it is, wherever it came from'
Maybe, just Maybe it is an old alien base or a Crashed Spaceship?

Quote:According to an April 2019 study published in the journal Geophysical Research Letters, the researchers believe the mass could contain metal from an asteroid that crashed into the celestial satellite, which resulted in the aforementioned crater, known as the Lunar South Pole-Aitken basin.

"Imagine taking a pile of metal five times larger than the Big Island of Hawaii and burying it underground. That's roughly how much unexpected mass we detected," lead author Dr. Peter James, assistant professor of planetary geophysics at Baylor University, said in a statement.
Now this mass is under the south pole on the moon, did they find an actual base or what? Maybe the Hollow Moon Theory is truer than we think?

Quote:"When we combined that with lunar topography data from the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter, we discovered the unexpectedly large amount of mass hundreds of miles underneath the South Pole-Aitken basin," James said. "One of the explanations of this extra mass is that the metal from the asteroid that formed this crater is still embedded in the Moon's mantle."

The anomaly – "whatever it is, wherever it came from," James added – is weighing down the basin floor by more than half a mile.
The team of researchers ran computer simulations that show the iron-nickel core of an asteroid could have been placed into the upper mantle of the Moon following impact.
Source

An Asteroid? I don't think so,,,, what do you think?
[Image: moon-mass.jpg?ve=1&tl=1]
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Very interesting!   minusculethinking 

I've heard some You Tubers talking about something similar to this. They seem to think that the bases that were built many, many thousands of years ago by, possibly the Ancient Builder Race, that were covered in dirt, etc., are now being uncovered.

I, myself, haven't got a clue. I need to invest in a good telescope someday.
Aliens are leaving the Moon and Blowing their bases apart before they leave. Just a thought.
Update.
Quote:Mysterious large mass discovered on Moon bewilders scientists: 'Whatever it is, wherever it came from'
What is it? Evidence of an Old Underground Base or how about the Outer Shell of the Moon which is Hollow!~!

Quote:At roughly 1,550 miles in diameter, the Lunar South Pole-Aitken basin stretches across approximately one-fourth of the Moon, according to NASA. The Moon's circumference is roughly 11,000 kilometers.
They are saying this Depression was made by an Asteroid and it's a Crater.

Quote:In addition to being the largest crater on the Moon, the Pole-Aitken basin is also one of the largest known impact craters in the solar system and is thought to be approximately 4 billion years old.

Now doesn't make sense that an Asteroid of Iron That Large would have Demolished our Moon when it it.

Quote:James and his team looked at data from NASA's Gravity Recovery and Interior Laboratory (GRAIL) mission and the changes in gravity they discovered surprised them.

"When we combined that with lunar topography data from the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter, we discovered the unexpectedly large amount of mass hundreds of miles underneath the South Pole-Aitken basin," James said.
"One of the explanations of this extra mass is that the metal from the asteroid that formed this crater is still embedded in the Moon's mantle."

The anomaly – "whatever it is, wherever it came from," James added – is weighing down the basin floor by more than half a mile. The team of researchers ran computer simulations that show the iron-nickel core of an asteroid could have been placed into the upper mantle of the Moon following impact.
Source

Who here can explain to me how an asteroid that large impacted our moon and it is still there in our sky or maybe I don't understand Really How Big This Thing Was.