Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tiananmen Square Massacre
The last gasp before a total shutdown ? Either way it was bad..

THE PEOPLE are rising up world-wide.  I applaud their efforts, however, I think China is one country where the people might not win... at least not yet, if ever.   tinycrying
(06-04-2019, 01:02 PM)727Sky Wrote: The last gasp before a total shutdown ? Either way it was bad..

Yes, I and my Brother were there. He is 2 years older than me.
We quickly boarded a train and fled back to Harbin when the shooting started.

The People of China has another Dictator in office now and they've notice that any freedoms they had gradually obtain are fading away again under Xi Jinping.
Sad.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(06-05-2019, 12:57 AM)guohua Wrote: Yes, I and my Brother were there. He is 2 years older than me.

The People of China has another Dictator in office now and they've notice that
any freedoms they had gradually obtain are fading away again under Xi Jinping.
Sad.
@Guohua
It may be interesting to RN members and 'lurkers' for your point of view -based on
your past experiences, to explain how China got to the Tiananmen situation and from
there, to today.

I suggest this with all respect and that your opinion will be valuable in explaining China's
political situation through the eyes of someone who has 'skin-in-the-game'.
minusculethumbsup
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(06-05-2019, 06:43 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(06-05-2019, 12:57 AM)guohua Wrote: Yes, I and my Brother were there. He is 2 years older than me.

Sad.
@Guohua
It may be interesting to RN members and 'lurkers' for your point of view -based on
your past experiences, to explain how China got to the Tiananmen situation and from
there, to today.

I suggest this with all respect and that your opinion will be valuable in explaining China's
minusculethumbsup
What is important to remember is the reason that The June Fourth Incident happened. The Communist Leader then was Hu Yaobang, he was a Real Reformer, moving China into a 20th century and very welcoming to the Western Culture. (This was the leader of our Party when I started to work for the MSS Ministry of State Security much more open my home office was in Harbin China)

The Tiananmen Square protests, commonly known in mainland China as the June Fourth Incident happened because after Hu Yaoband Died things started to revert back to Mao's type of China.
The leader of the Communist party at this time was Deng Xiaoping a real Hardline Communist. He and others felt that they were losing control of the population or at least the College age population and want to take back control. (much like today with Xi Jinping) 

The Chinese People of today are already noticing that their movements (you never could travel freely from city to city) are being more restricted, as of one year ago, if you wanted to travel to another city by train, plane or bus you only needed to apply for the documents and make a statement as to why, but now when you apply they want a reason for the travel and how long Exactly you will be there and where you will be staying and often who you are visiting. 

YES. it's getting to be the 50's and 60's again. the late 70's (after Mao's Death in 1976) and the early 80's were good years for China under Leader Hu. You didn't have to live in government built concret three room apartments and share the shower and bathroom and kitchen with everyone on that floor. If you had a good job, you could rent an apartment and have privacy with your own kitchen and bathroom. Life was getting to be good with more freedoms of purchese at the food store and clothes stores. I remember the first McDonald's that opened, there was a 1 hour wait in line to order, that was 1984. 

They are now monitoring your every move and your everyday life. If you are thought to be a troublemaker you will not be allowed to travel out of city and you will not be allowed to attend the College or University of your choice. 
Your housing will be monitor and your place of employment will be contacted and asked questions about you, many employers do not like my old agency contacting them about an employee and they will let that person go (fired) and a landlord my not like being interviewed or asked question, they may make you move out. In China a Tenant has no Rights.
You credit report can be affected also, even if you pay all your bills on time, the current government can lower your score so badly, you can't rent or buy on credit.
This has happened to many Chinese Citizens all ready.

Tiananmen Square Massacre was a Terrible, Terrible Incident, I had to look hard at myself and who I working for, Luckily for Me,,,, not long after that, I shoot my Husband (met my husband) and My Life Changed.
(06-06-2019, 01:13 AM)guohua Wrote:
(06-05-2019, 06:43 PM)BIAD Wrote:

Sad.
@Guohua
there, to today.

minusculethumbsup
What is important to remember is the reason that The June Fourth Incident happened. The Communist Leader then was Hu Yaobang, he was a Real Reformer, moving China into a 20th century and very welcoming to the Western Culture. (This was the leader of our Party when I started to work for the MSS Ministry of State Security much more open my home office was in Harbin China)

The Tiananmen Square protests, commonly known in mainland China as the June Fourth Incident happened because after Hu Yaoband Died things started to revert back to Mao's type of China.
The leader of the Communist party at this time was Deng Xiaoping a real Hardline Communist. He and others felt that they were losing control of the population or at least the College age population and want to take back control. (much like today with Xi Jinping) 

The Chinese People of today are already noticing that their movements (you never could travel freely from city to city) are being more restricted, as of one year ago, if you wanted to travel to another city by train, plane or bus you only needed to apply for the documents and make a statement as to why, but now when you apply they want a reason for the travel and how long Exactly you will be there and where you will be staying and often who you are visiting. 

YES. it's getting to be the 50's and 60's again. the late 70's (after Mao's Death in 1976) and the early 80's were good years for China under Leader Hu. You didn't have to live in government built concret three room apartments and share the shower and bathroom and kitchen with everyone on that floor. If you had a good job, you could rent an apartment and have privacy with your own kitchen and bathroom. Life was getting to be good with more freedoms of purchese at the food store and clothes stores. I remember the first McDonald's that opened, there was a 1 hour wait in line to order, that was 1984. 

They are now monitoring your every move and your everyday life. If you are thought to be a troublemaker you will not be allowed to travel out of city and you will not be allowed to attend the College or University of your choice. 
Your housing will be monitor and your place of employment will be contacted and asked questions about you, many employers do not like my old agency contacting them about an employee and they will let that person go (fired) and a landlord my not like being interviewed or asked question, they may make you move out. In China a Tenant has no Rights.
You credit report can be affected also, even if you pay all your bills on time, the current government can lower your score so badly, you can't rent or buy on credit.
This has happened to many Chinese Citizens all ready.

Tiananmen Square Massacre was a Terrible, Terrible Incident, I had to look hard at myself and who I working for, Luckily for Me,,,, not long after that, I shoot my Husband (met my husband) and My Life Changed.

When we think back upon our lives some of us can point to a time when our strongly held beliefs changed for the better or in some cases became reinforced.
@"727Sky" 
You're absolutely correct.
Thank you.
minusculethumbsup
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Lady Liberty will never be allowed to Tower Over The People Party in China.
[Image: gary_varvel_gary_varvel_for_jun_06_2019_5_.jpg] There is to much Paranoia in Beijing, the Communist Parties Headquarters.

And now you have the Joining of,,,,,
[Image: michael_ramirez_michael_ramirez_for_jun_07_2019_5_.jpg] China and Russia, they have not Trusted each other before.