Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
It's News Guys, But Not As We Know it!
(02-11-2021, 05:49 PM)WonderCow Wrote: Udder stupidity.

I see what ya did there!

smallrofl giggling GiantThumbsUp Giantlaughingatyou mediumwink LOL
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

I wasn't sure whether to post this here if in the "UK Today" thread since it deals with the BBC, but decided to put it here, since the main thrust of the post is US reporting of British events.

So - The CCP has banned delivery of BBC news into China, citing damage to Chinese national interests.

In the US, it depends on who you're looking at as to the reason for the ban. CNN (Communist News Network) calls it a "retaliatory move" for the UK denying a license to a Chinese state propaganda organ to disseminate propaganda in the UK:

Quote:Atlanta (CNN Business)In an apparent tit for tat move, BBC World News has been banned from airing in China, according to a statement from China's National Radio and Television Administration (NRTA) on Thursday.

The announcement comes one week after Ofcom, the British media regulator, said it had withdrawn a license for China Global Television Network, or CGTN, to broadcast in the UK.

Link

Fox, on the other hand, blames it on BBC reporting of gang rapes of Uighirs and the like, but does mention the licensing issue the CCP had in the UK as well:

Quote:The Chinese government is banning BBC News from landing in its country after the British outlet published an explosive story on alleged torture and rape occurring in Uighur concentration camps.

The decision comes one week after Ofcom, the media regulator of the United Kingdom had nixed a license for the state run China Global Television Network (CGTN) to air in the U.K.

Link

What is the truth? One? The other? Both? Neither? I didn't see mention of the BBC Uighir rape reports in the CNN article, and at least Fox did provide both plausible reasons, although they tended to concentrate on the BBC Uighir reports. I don't even wonder why that is - CNN clearly is more aligned with CCP policy calls and philosophy, so of course they wouldn't want to negatively light up anything regarding their CCP paymasters. Fox, of course, as the arch enemy of CNN, naturally had to put a different spin on it to counter CNN. Viewers are left standing in the middle scratching their heads, wondering which it is, if either.

What does the BBC say?

Quote:China has banned BBC World News from broadcasting in the country, its television and radio regulator announced on Thursday.

China has criticised the BBC for its reporting on coronavirus and the persecution of ethnic minority Uighurs.

The BBC said it was "disappointed" by the decision.

It follows British media regulator Ofcom revoking state broadcaster China Global Television Network's (CGTN) licence to broadcast in the UK.

Ofcom's decision earlier this month came after it found that CGTN's licence was wrongfully held by Star China Media Ltd.

CGTN was also found in breach of British broadcasting regulations last year, for airing the allegedly forced confession of UK citizen Peter Humphrey.

In its decision, China's State Film, TV and Radio Administration said BBC World News reports about China were found to "seriously violate" broadcast guidelines, including "the requirement that news should be truthful and fair" and not "harm China's national interests".

It said that the BBC's application to air for another year would not be accepted.

Link

No one really cares what the CCP itself says, since communists are utterly unable to tell the truth, but I included the BBC report of what they said in the matter all the same. I do note, however, that it is functionally impossible for the news to be both "truthful and fair" AND, at the same time, not harm CCP national interests. Due to that rule, I am utterly surprised that any news is allowed to exist in China at all.

I'm inclined to go with the BBC on this one, since they are closer to the action, and it directly impacts them... but who really knows? Where does the Truth lie? Not within the MSM, perhaps...

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

You may recall these...

Iowa:

Quote:Homemade 'pipe bomb' caused accidental death at gender-reveal party

'...Six people, including Kreimeyer and the expectant mother, gathered Saturday and put gunpowder
inside a homemade stand that was welded to a metal base.

They put a piece of wood on top of the gunpowder and some powder of an unspecified color on top of that.
The stand had a hole drilled in the side for a fuse.

Finally, tape was wrapped over the top of the assembly. The idea was for the gunpowder to blast the powder
indicating a boy or girl out the top of the stand.

But the explosion instead sent metal shrapnel flying. Kreimeyer — who was standing with family members about
45 feet away — was struck and killed, the news release said. The debris continued flying for well over 100 more
yards, the sheriff's office said...'

Texas:

Quote:Gender Reveal’ Celebration in Texas Led to a Plane Crash

'The aircraft stalled after dumping hundreds of gallons of pink water, according to safety officials.
It appears to be the latest in a growing list of similar announcements gone wrong...'

Well now it seems that the dying media believe that any story that involves sexual preference should be aired, regardless
of how stupid it makes the characters out to be.

Quote:Gender-reveal device explosion kills father-to-be

'A father-to-be from New York state has died after a device he was building for his child's gender-reveal party exploded,
according to police. Christopher Pekny, 28, was assembling the device in the town of Liberty when it exploded just before
noon on Sunday.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9131]
Chris Pekny.

Police said the blast killed Mr Pekny and injured his brother Michael Pekny, 27, who was taken to hospital.
Gender-reveal parties are celebrations announcing whether expecting parents are going to have a girl or a boy.
Police have not specified what device caused Sunday's explosion. New York's state police department and its bomb disposal
unit are investigating the incident.

A spokesman for state police told the New York Times the device consisted of some kind of pipe, without giving further details.

Speaking to the newspaper, Mr Pekny's oldest brother, Peter Pekny Jr, described what happened as "the freakiest of freak
accidents that I could ever imagine". He said did not know what had set off the explosion.
The death is the latest in a string of catastrophes to be linked to gender-reveal parties in recent years.

They can include prediction games, with the "big reveal" being made with fireworks and coloured smoke grenades.
But several large-scale parties have gone wrong, even resulting in several deaths.
A man from Michigan was killed earlier this month after he was struck by shrapnel from "a small cannon type device" fired
during a baby shower, police said.

Two other gender-reveal parties were blamed for sparking wildfires in California in September 2020, and Arizona in April 2017.
The El Dorado fire in California burned more than 19,000 acres, destroyed houses, and forced hundreds to flee their homes...'
BBC:

There just isn't words...
mediumfacepalm

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
With the Coof failing to garner the ratings it used to, the more-crazy stories are beginning to surface again.
Gender-Reveal is there in the front-pack again and tragically, lives were lost.

Quote:PARTY HORROR Two pilots killed in plane crash after gender-reveal stunt goes horrifically wrong in front of horrified family

'A gender-reveal party stunt went devastatingly wrong when two pilots died after they crashed into the sea during the unveiling
in front of a horrified family. The tragic incident occurred over the Caribbean Sea in the Nichupte Lagoon off the coast of the
city of Cancun at around 3.30 pm yesterday.

The expecting couple and their family and friends were watching the celebrations in the sky unfold from a boat, and can be
heard on footage chatting and cheering just moments before the horrific accident. The plane, that was rented for the reveal
from a company called Xomex, performed stunts above their heads ahead of the gender announcement.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9212]

Guests are heard excitedly exclaiming "It's a girl!" as the light aircraft flew across the ocean with a sign trailing behind it
revealing the unborn's sex. One of the crowd even joked: "It's all good as long as it doesn't end up crashing into us".
Seconds later, the joyous mood took a drastic turn as the partygoers noticed the plane take a dramatic nosedive into the water.

The aircraft disappeared under the waves as the person recording the stunt says: "Surely this can't be happening" among the
screams of the horrified attendees. Local media gave varying accounts of the numbers of people on board the Cessna-type
aircraft, suggesting the crew was made up of between two and four people.

The navy came to the aid of the victims, according to the Mexican news outlet Debate. The pilot and the co-pilot were reportedly
both recovered from the water but one died during the rescue and the other was declared dead while receiving first aid on land.
The Federal Civil Aviation Agency has begun an investigation into what caused the crash.

It comes after a string of gender reveals gone wrong across the globe.
The parties have become popular in recent years and has seen people take extreme risks in a bid to outdo others.
A dad-to-be died and his brother was injured in an explosion in a garage as they built a device that "consisted of some kind of pipe"
to reveal the sex.
Christopher Pekny, 28 was tragically killed as he and Michael Pekny, 27, tried to fashion the makeshift device.

Michael suffered damage to his knee, but it was salvaged and rebuilt by doctors at a hospital in Middletown - where he remains
in stable condition. Just weeks earlier, Evan Thomas Silva, 26, was fatally struck by an exploding cannon that was fired at a baby
shower.

Silva, from Hartland, was attending the celebration when the homeowner decided to fire a small cannon-type device in the backyard
to celebrate the baby’s pending arrival, according to cops...' 
The Sun:

There was a reason I posted the banner "Stay on the Path, Lads" as I guessed it would only be a matter of time
before one particular word in the artwork surface in the mainstream media.
Unbelievable!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9240]

Quote:'Don't call each other lads': Soldiers are told to be more inclusive and avoid using words such as
'mankind' and 
'sportmanship' over fears they could cause offence

*Troops from 22 Engineer Regiment told not to use 'lads' so as not cause offence 
*Army's gender equality drive also includes bans on 'mankind' & 'sportsmanship'
*‘Lads’ ban emerged in orders given by 22 Engineer Regiment’s sergeant major

'Soldiers have been banned from referring to each other as ‘lads’ in the Army’s latest gender equality drive.
Troops from 22 Engineer Regiment were told not to use the word because it may cause offence, even if no
women are present.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9253]
"Here's a map of the Fee-Feez landmines... be careful, lad"

Words such as ‘mankind’ and ‘sportsmanship’ have also been banned as the Armed Forces is remodelled
as a gender-neutral organisation. Millions of pounds have also been spent on gender-neutral bathroom facilities
at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, the Army’s officer training centre, and other bases.

Such moves originate from the Ministry of Defence’s joint equality, diversity and inclusion unit, known as Jedi.

The ban on ‘lads’ has emerged in a set of orders given by 22 Engineer Regiment’s sergeant major to all troops
taking part in online meetings. He told his troops that ‘values and standards’ [V and S] had been slacking recently
while using Zoom calls or Microsoft Teams meetings to conduct military business.

He said: ‘There has been a drop in V and S over the last few weeks... Saluting/bracing up [coming to attention]...
make sure people are getting paid the correct compliments... All are to remember D and I [diversity and inclusion]
–“gents”, “men”, “lads” and other phrases are not to be used.’

A ban on women serving in close combat units was lifted in 2016 and since 2018 women have been able to apply
for all military roles. The Army has also introduced gender and age-neutral fitness tests, with the same standards
required of male and female troops in tests such as press ups and running.

But while there is support for such initiatives, stopping troops using phrases which are included in so many everyday
conversations tends to test their patience. A serving soldier said: ‘I’ve served on operations with lots of women.
I didn’t meet one who was offended by the word “lads”. 
'Someone of such a sensitive nature, be they male or female, would not last five minutes. 

'I think the bosses are trying to solve a problem which frankly doesn’t exist. 
'There is no engrained or subconscious bias in the use of words like “lads”... This is nonsense.’...'
Archived Daily Mail Article:

Another Gender Party accident.
tinysure

Quote:Blast from gender reveal party sparks earthquake fears and damages homes in New Hampshire after
family detonate 80lb of explosives mixed with blue chalk to announce baby boy

*Police in Kingston, New Hampshire received a flurry of 911 calls from terrified homeowners following
a loud explosion Tuesday
*They responded to Torromeo quarry where they found a family who acknowledged holding a gender
reveal party with 80lbs of explosives
*The explosives, which is sold over the counter for use in firearms practice, were set off with blue chalk
to announce a baby boy, according to police
*The person responsible for purchasing and setting off the explosives turned themselves into police and
is cooperating with the investigation 
*Police have not released their name and would not confirm to DailyMail.com if they will face any charges 

'A massive blast from gender reveal party that involved 80lbs of explosives sparked fears of an earthquake when it shook entire towns
on the New Hampshire-Massachusetts border. Police in Kingston, a New Hampshire town not far from the Massachusetts border,
received a flurry of 911 calls from terrified homeowners following a loud explosion Tuesday evening.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9288]
The shockwaves caused by the gender reveal explosion were so strong that this video doorbell visibly shook.

They responded to Torromeo quarry where they found a family who acknowledged holding a gender reveal party with 80lbs of the
Tannerite explosive, which is sold over the counter for use in firearms practice. 
The explosives were set off with blue chalk to announce a baby boy, according to police.

The person responsible for purchasing and setting off the explosives turned themselves into police and is cooperating with the investigation.
Police have not released their name and would not confirm to DailyMail.com if they will face any charges.  
Police said the family thought the quarry would be the safest spot to blow up the material.
They are believed to have had permission from the quarry owners to be there.  

Residents had complained that the foundations to their homes were damaged after the shockwaves rattled properties within a 20-mile
radius of the Torromeo quarry. The force of the explosion, which was felt in towns as far off as Massachusetts, led some to speculate
that the rumblings had been caused by an earthquake. 

Nearby residents said the blast rocked their homes. Some reported property damage, NBC 10 Boston reports.
'We heard this god-awful blast,' Sara Taglieri, who lives in a home that abuts the quarry, told the television station.
'It knocked pictures off our walls … I'm all up for silliness and whatnot, but that was extreme.'
Ms Taglieri's husband, Matt, told the TV station that neighbours reported cracks in the foundation of their homes.

Kingston Fire Chief Graham Pellerin said the fire department had responded to one report of a cracked foundation and that there
had been no other signs of damage to the house. Authorities are currently investigating other reports of cracked foundations.

While 20 miles north of the quarry, in Epping, Heidi Jordan had been preparing food on a grill when she heard the explosion a
'deep rumble', the New Hampshire Union Leader reports.

'I thought for a second that maybe a large dump truck had gone off the road and struck a tree. 
'I also considered that it may have been another minor earthquake,' she said.
While Kristen Lockard, who lives in East Hampstead, was having dinner with friends in East Kingston when the explosion went off...'
Daily Mail: (More In Link)

(04-24-2021, 05:32 PM)BIAD Wrote: Another Gender Party accident.
tinysure

Daily Mail: (More In Link)

80 POUNDS of tannerite? I've seen a mere 10 pounds utterly obliterate a washing machine. I'm surprised the guests aren't all busy right now picking chalk powder out of their asses and wondering why they can't hear anything.

I'm not buying the cracked foundations tales, though. If a shock wave is powerful enough to crack a foundation, the house would have nary a single window left intact in it. it only takes about 0.5 PSI shock wave overpressure to blow out every window in a structure, but a lot more than that to crack a foundation. So if it was strong enough to crack a foundation, there should not be any windows left in that house at all.

It seems like people ought to learn that these gender reveal parties are a really bad idea considering all the deaths they have caused, but some folks are just too dumb to learn, I reckon. Darwin will eventually sort it all out for us, and the parties will cease to exist... just like many of the party goers will.

AND - as far as the "gender neutral" military goes, I can't believe they are giving these folks guns and saying "get out there and defend us, persons!" It boggles the mind. You just know they aren't going to be successful at defense unless they give 'em time to dry their nail polish, remove their hair curlers so the helmet will fit, and SIP that soy latte before they send them out to our doom! And that's just the "men" among them... this is why I advise all young men looking for adventure these days to avoid the military like it was the plague.

(04-24-2021, 08:54 PM)Ninurta Wrote: AND - as far as the "gender neutral" military goes, I can't believe they are giving these folks guns and saying "get out there and defend us, persons!" It boggles the mind. You just know they aren't going to be successful at defense unless they give 'em time to dry their nail polish, remove their hair curlers so the helmet will fit, and SIP that soy latte before they send them out to our doom! And that's just the "men" among them... this is why I advise all young men looking for adventure these days to avoid the military like it was the plague.

One possible rational explanation would be that the emasculation of men and women assists in weakening the idea
of having a strong and fused combat force. My question would be: Who's pushing this...? The ratings-chasing media
or an unsaid system that wishes Western ideals to change.
minusculethinking
(04-25-2021, 09:12 AM)BIAD Wrote:
(04-24-2021, 08:54 PM)Ninurta Wrote: AND - as far as the "gender neutral" military goes, I can't believe they are giving these folks guns and saying "get out there and defend us, persons!" It boggles the mind. You just know they aren't going to be successful at defense unless they give 'em time to dry their nail polish, remove their hair curlers so the helmet will fit, and SIP that soy latte before they send them out to our doom! And that's just the "men" among them... this is why I advise all young men looking for adventure these days to avoid the military like it was the plague.

One possible rational explanation would be that the emasculation of men and women assists in weakening the idea
of having a strong and fused combat force. My question would be: Who's pushing this...? The ratings-chasing media
or an unsaid system that wishes Western ideals to change.
minusculethinking

I have ideas, but I thought it imprudent to put all of them in writing.

Some of the "safer" musings are that, in the old military, it was said that one must first deconstruct a recruit in order to build him back up into the fighting machine one desires. "They" appear to be trying to do that to the entire military, rather than just the raw recruits. It follows, then, that a prudent man would ask himself what they desire to build our militaries into...

The media constantly offer articles where it seems self-accountability for a crime is played down and the
narrative is focused on the victims' emotions. But on a small-holding in Brazil, such responsibility for one's
actions appears to be paramount.
tinyhuh

Quote:Man's penis 'cut off and fed to pigs' after he tried to 'rape his own niece'

'A 36-year-old man had his penis and testicles removed by his niece's boyfriend after he had allegedly tried
to rape her, according to reports. The boozed-up man from Olhos D'Agua allegedly attempted to attack his
niece who managed to fight off his advances and fled before he then staggered home and went to sleep.

Enraged, the 20-year-old's boyfriend and his cousin did not call the police and took matters into their own hands.

The pair asked him if he could join them in a nearby sugarcane field where they planned to neuter some pigs
but the two men attacked him instead, it is reported.
After beating him unconscious, they removed his trousers and cut off his penis and testicles, reports allege.

When he came round he called an ambulance and was taken Doutor Gil Alves Municipal Hospital in Bocaiuva,
where medics managed to stop the bleeding, saving his life. Surgeons then struggled to at least reconstruct his
urinary tract, so that the man could relieve himself, but they say there is no hope of replacing anything that he lost
after it was apparently thrown to the pigs and eaten.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9316]
The scene of the incident and Surgeon Felipe Lobo. Third image: Possibly one of the pigs involved.

According to police officer Michael Stephan da Silva, the force searched for the missing organ but did not find it
and believed it had indeed been eaten by the animals. Surgeon Felipe Lobo said: "It was like something out of
a scene from a Dante novel.

"His penis and scrotum had been severed and his external genitalia was completely missing.
"All we could do was stem the bleeding, give him a blood transfusion and clean the wound."
The man is now on antibiotics and will be able to leave the hospital in two to four days.

The two suspects have been arrested. It is unclear if the man whose genitals were removed is to be charged with
attempted rape...'
SOURCE:

(05-03-2021, 09:11 AM)BIAD Wrote: The media constantly offer articles where it seems self-accountability for a crime is played down and the
narrative is focused on the victims' emotions. But on a small-holding in Brazil, such responsibility for one's
actions appears to be paramount.
tinyhuh

Quote:Man's penis 'cut off and fed to pigs' after he tried to 'rape his own niece'
SOURCE:

Sounds reasonable to me. I gotta wonder why they arrested the fellas doing the original "surgery" rather than pinning a medal on them and sending them on their way.

(05-03-2021, 10:34 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Sounds reasonable to me. I gotta wonder why they arrested the fellas doing the original "surgery" rather than pinning a medal on them and sending them on their way.

They may have not being wearing Covid-masks during the... the task.
And there's social-distancing to take into consideration as well.
tinysurprised
Demonic possession...? Too much sipping of wine from the cruet?
Top people are looking into it!
tinyhuh

Quote:St Albans cathedral's new carving features facemask

'The restoration of a rare medieval shrine means a cathedral now features a figure wearing a face-mask.
The shrine of St Amphibalus, at St Albans Cathedral in Hertfordshire will be on display when it reopens for visitors on 17 May.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9350]
The Wokeness of Gargoyles.

The figure "reminds us the history of St Albans stretches forwards as well as backwards", a cathedral spokesman said.
The work, which took more than a year to complete, was funded by a grant and more than a thousand other donors.
It was due to be unveiled in June last year, but work was delayed due to the pandemic.

The project, called "Alban, Britain's First Saint", has been funded by the National Lottery Heritage Fund and donations.
Work to conserve and restore the shrine started in June 2019, was put on hold in March last year, and resumed in February.

It is the first time in centuries that the cathedral's two medieval shrines can be appreciated together, fully restored, the diocese said.
The shrine of St Amphibalus is one of Britain's 13 medieval pedestal shrines and St Albans is the only British cathedral to house two.

Dr David Carrington, director of Skillington Workshop, which carried out the work, said: "The preservation of the surviving 14th Century
carvings, the setting-out to allow restoration of missing sections and the interpretation and carving of these missing bits in the original
spirit and style all presented unique challenges."

Carvers used their imagination and included the new masked figure to commemorate "its reconstruction during the pandemic", the
cathedral said...'

Maybe the Carvers used drugs this time around?!

Quote:'...The Reverend Canon Abi Thompson, Acting Dean of the cathedral, said: "The newly restored Shrine of St Amphibalus creates a fresh
focus for prayer, and is a beautiful way to tell part of the story of this extraordinary place to visitors.

"The masked figure reminds us that the history of St Albans stretches forwards as well as backwards, and pilgrims will be able to mark
the latest chapter in the history of this cathedral alongside Amphibalus and Alban, who were there at the very beginning."...'
BBC:

Quote:The shrine of St Amphibalus, at St Albans Cathedral in Hertfordshire will be on display when it reopens for visitors on 17 May.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9350]

Not sure how I feel about this. It may be a sign of our times, but it may also be a sign of times to come. Who wants to be reminded of this terrible pandemic if we ever do get over it?

And there's that number 17 again!  I swear, that is driving me crazy. I need to know why that date/number is always being used by people in authority?  
Is that why the letter "Q" was chosen by the secret intelligence group; because it's the 17th letter of the alphabet?

Someone, please tell me!   smalltappinghead
Not all oddities wear a face-mask.

Quote:Dog food factory worker who 'saw alien mantis' quits job as people 'think he's nuts'

'A cyclist who saw an "alien mantis" and drew a picture of the bizarre creature says he's quit working
at a dog food factory as people "think he's nuts".

Paul Froggatt, 26, likened his terrifying encounter in woodland to a spider eating a fly on a "David
Attenborough documentary" and has now got his "ET-fit" printed on a t-shirt.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9351]
Lockdowns... the damage is becoming apparent.

The shaggy-haired warehouse worker insisted he was not on booze or drugs as he shared his sketch
of the "evil" telepathic ET with the Daily Star in January. Paul, who said he felt its "pure alien hatred"
while cycling home through woodland in Warwick, has left for a construction job and is "doing a lot better"
in London.

He said the reaction to his story was "not exactly what I wanted but I was in touch with a few different people
and it was good to talk to some people who had an experience of similar things. "Everything was fine, no one
who saw anything similar reached out to me but accepting people reached out to me.

"I'm still very interested in the subject but I've actually moved to London from Warwick. "I'm doing a lot better,
I'm working in construction and it's going really well. "I guess some people just think I'm nuts. The great majority
of my friends and family have been quite accepting of it.

"There's subtle forms of communication, if you broach a subject someone goes quiet or you hear things back."
Paul, of Stoke Newington, east London, is still appealing for witnesses to his sighting in Oakwood and Blacklow
Spinney shortly after finishing a 12-hour shift shift on July 16 last year.

He vowed to sell t-shirts of his ET-fit if the Daily Star backs him after his pal David Dollhouse made him one as a joke.
Paul said: "I don't know what good it would be do now but I'm thoroughly interested in the subject. I'm still very active,
reading back about it.

"I have a good friend of mine who made a t-shirt of the drawing I made.
"I thought that was very sweet, I do appreciate how people can see the humour in it.
"It was just a one-off of appreciation."

Asked if he thought about doing a print-run, he said: "I actually did but I thought it kind of cheapened the whole
experience, but I did. "I used to screen print myself in New Zealand. "I don't know... for the right price."
The Daily Star:

Is Earth becoming a version of the bar in 'Star Wars'?
Now we have a different alien visiting here, but this time he's doing the world-dying-thing and took the victim
for a ride in his spaceship. The only downside was his roughness with her.
tinyhuh

Quote:SPACE NAN I’ve been abducted by aliens 50 times
–people think I’m crazy but I’ve the bruises to prove it happened

'A Bradford grandmother says that aliens took her on a UFO and showed her all kinds of new technologies.
Paula Smith, 50, claims she’s been abducted more than 50 times, and the encounters have been going on
since she was a little girl.

The gran shared photos of bruises she says were left on her body by aliens following an alien abduction. 
She also drew a ­picture of an alien in a silver colour to show what they look like.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9352]
Paula, the visitor and the marks he left. It seems gentlemanly-conduct is not a priority in space.

Paula explained: “I have experienced 52 paranormal incidents. There’s no warning and I can’t sense anything
is going to happen. It just happens. All I can do is carry on as normal, otherwise I’d go crazy.”
The 50-year-old said she was inside a spaceship.

She said: “I was on a craft and the aliens showed me ­technology we didn’t have.
“They showed me a slideshow of pristine scenery which had a beautiful river which then turned black.
“The blue sky went blood red and I soon realised it was a movie of the Earth being destroyed through man’s greed.”

Paula says that she returned home with finger marks on her arm and a triangular bruise on her face.
She explained: “The first time I saw a craft was 1982. I was in the woods and it was ­completely silent.
“The pathway ­became narrower and I could hear my heart thumping.

“I recall looking into the darkness whilst my eyes adjusted. I could see what looked a ­boomerang shape with an
extra arm on it. "Each arm had a light at the end. I recall three of the lights, one was blue, the other green, but I can
not recall the colour of the other light.

"I could describe it ­better as a propeller blade from an aeroplane. It was about 30ft tall and 30ft wide. It was black with
a green and blue light on the edges. It was turning clockwise at 1mph in complete silence.” Paula added: “I remember
trying to run but it felt like the ground was quicksand, like sinking into the ground, then everything went black.

“According to my family, I had been missing for four hours, but I have no recollection of what actually went on.
“Ever since, the experiences haven’t stopped. I’ve been taken from my bedroom window and my bed.”...'
The Sun: (So it's bound to be true!)

Oh look... a spoilt bastard.
tinysure

Quote:London North East Railway apologises and promises to deal with conductor who wished passengers
a cheery 'good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls' after 'non-binary' LGBT rail union rep
said it didn't 'apply to them'

'A train operator has come under fire after it apologised over a complaint from a non-binary passenger
because the conductor greeted customers by saying 'good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls.'

London North Eastern Railway said in response to the complaint on Twitter that 'train managers should not
be using language like this' before promising to take action. 

The non-binary passenger, who goes by the Twitter name Laurence and uses the pronouns they and them,
also states they represent the Rail, Maritime and Transport trade union.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9369]
Laurence, the Rail, Maritime and Transport Union's LGBT rep and professional ass-hole.

In their complaint, Laurence stated: '"Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls..." so as a non
binary person this announcement doesn't actually apply to me so I won't listen @LNER.'

In response, the train company said: 'I'm really sorry to see this, Laurence, our Train Managers should not be
using language like this, and I thank you for bringing it to my attention.
'Please could you let me know which service you are on and I will ensure they remain as inclusive as we strive
to be at LNER.'

The exchange sparked a fierce debate over whether 'language like this' should be banned by companies.
A colleague who was with Laurence at the time and is also believed to be a rail worker defended the complaint.

Jarley wrote: 'Both Laurence and I were customers of the railway - being rail staff does not absolve an operator
from the duty of care or responsibility to be inclusive. 'I was sat with Laurence when this tweet was sent.
Both of us are non-binary and we were both alarmed and uncomfortable by the lack of inclusion.'

But Twitter users criticised LNER for their apology and said they felt there was nothing wrong with the friendly
greeting. Mark Jenkinson, the Conservative MP for Workington, said: 'You’d be forgiven for thinking this Train
Manager had unleashed a tirade of abuse.

'“Should not be using language like this”
'He’d actually said “Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls”.
'Identify however you like, but can we stop this nonsense?'

Columnist Paul Embery added: 'Utterly ridiculous. Do you have any idea how this kind of thing comes across to
ordinary people?' Another Twitter user added: 'Both WORK for the rail system... but they “won’t” listen to train
announcements that don’t “apply” to them?

'This isn’t a ‘customer complaint’ from a member of the general public — it’s two transport EMPLOYEES pushing
their own agenda.' Others questioned what the alternative would be if train managers wished to remain welcoming
and courteous when greeting passengers.

One asked: 'I am concerned that you say train managers should not be using language "like this".
'Can you clarify please? Why are you asking the service this person was on?
'Do you intend telling the train manager that they are not to use normal language that everybody understands?'

Another added: 'Well done LNER for sticking up for the Equalities act of 2010, can I just ask what conductors are
supposed to say though? 'Sounds like this one wasn't following company guidelines, so what SHOULD they have
said?'

Hitting back at critics LNER confirmed that the member of staff was not going to get 'in trouble' and added:
'We're not bending over backward to accommodate any one person, we're doing our best to accommodate
every person. There's the difference.' 

A spokesman confirmed to MailOnline that no action was taken against the member of staff who used the greeting.
In a statement, they added: 'We are committed to diversity and inclusion in all that we do for our customers, colleagues
and communities, and encourage our onboard teams to welcome all customers onboard.
'Our policies and procedures are reviewed regularly and we will review if any further changes need to be made.'
The RMT Union was contacted for comment...'
Archived Daily Mail Article:

Gordi... move south and save yourself!

Quote:'Indian' variant re-named 'April 02', amid news it will 'almost certainly' become dominant strain in Scotland

'It comes as the variant, which is called B.1.617.2, was re-labelled the “April 02” variant by the Scottish
Government. This is taken from its official name in the UK, VOC-21APR-02. This is because it was the
second variant identified in April, one of three versions of the B.1.617 lineage which was initially
discovered in India.

The name change is intended to prevent stigma in associating the variant with people from India...'

Racism in the disease world... something needs to be done to stop virus being named after geographical
locations.

Quote:'...First Minister Nicola Sturgeon told a Covid-19 briefing on Friday that the rapid spread of the variant is
a reason to remain cautious about the easing of restrictions. "From now on, I will refer to that variant as the
April 02 variant,” she said.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9419]
Humza Yousaf and Nichola Sturgeon.

"In recent weeks, this variant has become quite established in many parts of the UK, including in Scotland,
and we have reason to believe it might be even more transmissible than the Kent variant.”...'

tinysurprised Kent, a county in the south of England.

Quote:'...In reference to the name change, health secretary Humza Yousaf said: "I think it’s so, so important for us
not to allow this virus to divide us as communities and people.” There are 136 cases of this variant confirmed
in Scotland, but this number is likely to be higher in reality.

Professor Jason Leitch told the Covid-19 media briefing on Friday that it is likely to become the dominant variant
in Scotland. "There are 16,000 versions of this virus in circulation around the world, he said.
"The virologists describe virus “fitness” – every so often, one becomes fitter than the others and wins.

"Fitness does not imply worse disease or vaccine escape, they’re different things. But the one that wins the race
is the fittest, that might be because it attached to your cells better, it might be because it’s more transmissible.
"This one appears to be fitter, and therefore it is winning the race in the north of England, and it's increasingly
winning the race in some of our communities.

"So we think it will almost certainly become the dominant variant. That's not necessarily something to worry us.”
Prof Leitch said more research needs to be done on whether the new variant causes worse disease, and how
it responds to vaccines...'
SOURCE:

Humza Yousaf... the soul-mate of Lori Lightfoot.

(05-24-2021, 01:27 PM)BIAD Wrote: Racism in the disease world... something needs to be done to stop virus being named after geographical
locations.

SOURCE:

Humza Yousaf... the soul-mate of Lori Lightfoot.

I agree. I am still highly miffed at Spain for the Spanish Flu of 1918, over a hundred years ago, and do not expect to be friendly with them again any time soon. I do not understand why the rest of the world has not removed Spain from the map over it. I mean, we have nukes and stuff now - WHY is Spain still there?

And the Hong Kong flu from my childhood - why has Hong Kong not been sunk by now?

There's German measles - how did Germany escape retribution for that?

Smallpox - why are short people not being herded into camps to contain it?

The list goes on. "China flu" is just the first time the propagandists have had a problem with disease naming conventions.

They do tours at Buckingham Palace, but jumping the queue isn't recommended!

Quote:Buckingham Palace knifeman who simply walked through the gate wielding blade is jailed for 6 months

'A Buckingham Palace intruder who told guards he was trying to find a toilet when caught trespassing
while wielding a blade has been jailed for six months. Convicted burglar Chorrie Thompson, 46, was
detained by security at the Palace after walking through an open gate as a vehicle entered, a court
heard today.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9439]

When he was confronted by staff, Thompson - who suffers from paranoid schizophrenia - became
"agitated" and threw papers on the ground before being detained. He gave a false name and was
found to have a "Stanley-type locking blade" when searched.

Thompson was sentenced to six months behind bars for possession of a bladed article and trespassing
on a protected site when he appeared at Westminster Magistrates Court today.

Sentencing Thompson, a Judge said he had "no idea" if "his intention was to cause fear to or harm to
a member of the Royal Family or their staff". District Judge Andrew Goldspring said: "I have no idea,
because he wouldn't engage with the probation service, what his intention was.

"I don't accept at this stage he was seeking to use the toilet. Let's be blunt about it, he can't have not been
aware where he was - it's a fairly obvious building, fairly large, most people know what it is.

"He gave a false name. Every time he's asked that specific question but interestingly not the other questions,
he says no comment… that might be because he knows full well what his intention was.
"Your real reason for being there may be more serious than I might assess but I'm not going to make that leap
and guess why you are there."

Tom Heslop, prosecuting, told the court Thompson entered Buckingham Palace via a side entrance at around
11.30am on Thursday April 15 this year. He said: "When the office there needed to open the gates to let a vehicle
through Mr Thompson was challenged and stated that he wished to use the toilet.

"He was detained just outside the Palace gates.
"Following a search, he was found in possession of a Stanley-type locking blade."

Anthony James, in mitigation, claimed Thompson was actually arrested outside the gates after starting to leave
on his own. He said: "There's no forced entry, the defendant walked in when the gates were open. He was
apprehended after only 10 seconds.

"The extent of the trespass was into security lodge, not in the main building. He had actually begun to leave the
area when he was stopped. "He went briefly into an area and indeed as soon as he saw people there, he threw
some documents down and left and was apprehended outside the area he trespassed in.

"That can give you some certainty as to whether his intention was to enter the main building on a pre-planned
an extensive trespass or a feature of his mental health difficulties." The court heard how Thompson had previous
convictions for possession of a blade in 1990 and 1992. In total he had 32 convictions, 13 of which were for burglary.

District Judge Goldspring sentenced Thompson, of no fixed address, to six months in jail for possession of a
bladed article and two months for trespassing on a protected site. 
He will serve three months before being released on licence...'
SOURCE: