Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
It's News Guys, But Not As We Know it!
(05-18-2020, 09:54 AM)Wallfire Wrote:
(05-17-2020, 07:26 PM)guohua Wrote: @"BIAD"  Let's hope the Rangers use bright-red paint on the 'Do Not Touch' signs.

I ask you My Friend, You really believe these Imbeciles can Read?????  tinybighuh

I think the sign is wrong, it should read

DARWINIAN HOT TUB, HELP US DEFEAT MAN MADE CLIMATE CHANGE PLEASE USE FOR FREE.

Now that is  smallrofl
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
I love these tales and I personally believe there should be more in the crappy media we have around today.

Some cynical folk may see it as nothing more than a marketing campaign or a small fluff-piece blown out of
proportion in the name of virtue-signalling their global diversity acceptance, but there may be others who just
see it as an old-fashioned 'the small guy gets a break with the help of a music star'.

Whichever route taken, I enjoyed the story and its build-up. It's not news-reporting in its usual sense, but it is
certainly a smile-maker.

Tony Hadley was the lead singer with a British eighties 'New Romantic'-style musical band called Spandau
Ballet. They had a few hits with songs like "To Cut a Long Story Short, Gold and True". They sang at the
Live Aid concert at Wembley Stadium in England and like many other musical groups faded away as the trend
of music changed.

Hadley - a guy I always thought took his position in the group far-too seriously, still performs in that small world
of nostalgia with gigs around Europe, but the days of being a teenage heart-throb -along with fellow musicians,
the Kemp Twins, are far behind him now.

Anyway, the tale is a good one.
tinybiggrin

Quote:Spandau Ballet, a radio quiz, one syllable - and a $10,000 riddle.

'When a Singaporean quizzer lost a huge cash prize - because a radio station said he mispronounced singer
Tony Hadley's name - he asked an unlikely source for help... Ten thousand dollars wouldn't change Muhammad
Shalehan's life, but it would make things much easier.

Muhammad, 32, works on Singapore's underground railway, and lives in public housing in the north of the island.
He is married with three children - aged 12, three and two - and has another one, a boy, due in August.
He gets by, but he has loans to repay.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7656]
Muhammad with his kids and wife.
So when a Singapore radio station offered a $10,000 prize (£5,760; US$7,060), he listened carefully.
"10k is a lot to a normal person like me," he tells the BBC. "That is why I put in enormous effort."

The Celebrity Name Drop on Gold 905 is hard, and it's supposed to be.
The "name drop" is 14 celebrities, each saying one word of this phrase: "Gold 9-0-5, the station that sounds good,
and makes you feel good."

To identify all 14, first time round, is impossible. You would need a terrifying knowledge of celebrity voices to get even
three or four. But if you're an avid Gold 905 listener - and clearly, the station wants you to be - it's possible, over many
weeks, to piece the puzzle together.

By listening to other people's answers, and noting their score, you can work out the sequence. Essentially, it is a game
of trial and error, crowd-sourced. The latest Name Drop began on 16 March, and Muhammad's father-in-law encouraged
him and his wife to follow it.

Before long, Muhammad was hooked, listening from 7am until 6pm on some days. He would even tune in at work, when
possible. At certain points in the day, the station took an answer on air. No-one got it right, but with every wrong answer,
Muhammad got closer to the magic 14.

He called the station hundreds of times - and got through twice - but fell short each time (there were only local charges if
the call connected). By 21 April, he knew every answer, except number 11. "My wife was so adamant it was Stevie Wonder,
we decided to give it a try," he says. "It was a leap of faith, but I was confident. As the saying goes, the wife is always correct."

So Muhammad called again, and, against the odds, was put on air. "I think I'm going to win it this time round," he told Chris Ho,
the DJ. After hearing the clip a final time - as if he needed to - Muhammad read out his answer.

Tony Hadley. Madonna. Maggie Wheeler. Ellen DeGeneres. Jim Carrey. George Clooney. David Bowie.
Belinda Carlisle. Julie Andrews. Lionel Richie. Stevie Wonder. Meryl Streep. Michael Buble. Rebecca Lim.

And then he waited. "Let's check with the judge now," said DJ Chris, as Muhammad's heart beat faster. "Hey Shalehan, you got
13 correct names. Not bad. Keep working on it." "Thank you so much," said Muhammad, and he put the phone down.
My wife must have been wrong, he thought. It can't have been Stevie Wonder.

In the next two weeks, number 11 remained elusive. If it wasn't Stevie Wonder, then who was it? The contestants, says Muhammad,
were "going around headlessly, guessing any name".

And then, on 6 May - after heavy clues from the DJs - a man called Jerome Tan gave his answer.
Tony Hadley. Madonna. Maggie Wheeler. Ellen DeGeneres. Jim Carrey. George Clooney. David Bowie.
Belinda Carlisle. Julie Andrews. Lionel Richie. Stevie Wonder. Meryl Streep. Michael Buble. Rebecca Lim.

"Congratulations!" said the DJ. Finally - after almost two months - someone had got all 14 names. Jerome had won.

Or had he? On Facebook, listeners pointed out that Muhammad gave the same answer on 21 April.
"The rules of the game requires callers to pronounce the celebrities' name accurately," the station replied. "In the case of Shalehan,
he mispronounced Tony Hadley. We hope this clarifies!"

Muhammad was astonished. Mispronounced? His "Hadley" was - possibly - more like "Hedley" (see clip below). But he has an accent.
Doesn't everyone? He felt wronged, so he emailed the station. Two days later, they replied.
"We have reviewed the relevant audio clip of your call and our decision remains final," they said. "The name 'Tony Hadley' had been
mispronounced by you."

Muhammad was sure they were wrong and so - prompted by his wife - he decided to ask the only man who really knew.

He emailed Tony Hadley...'

Oh my God... he's actually going to Mount Olympus, Mr. Shalehan has girded his loins and is daring himself to seek support from
those who shine so brightly in our musical heavens! Fuckin' love it!!!

Quote:The email - actually to Matt Glover, Hadley's manager, who Muhammad found on Google - was entitled: "A normal citizen from
Singapore needs your dear help Mr Tony Hadley".

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7658]
Tony Hadley, Man of Bronze.

"I wasn't expecting at all for him to reply," says Muhammad. "I would have thought Tony Hadley had better things to do than reply
to me." But then, on the evening of 10 May, he checked his email. To Muhammad's amazement, Hadley had not only replied, he had
sent a video.'

Tony Hadley, ladies and gentlemen -friend to the stars and pragmatic icon to those who struggle to light their own lantern.
(I should've written this piece!)

Quote:"Hi Muhammad," said Hadley. "I've listened back to the tape, and as far as I'm concerned, you pronounced my name absolutely
correctly. "You might have had a slight accent, but as far as I'm concerned, you said my name correctly, so you should be entitled
to whatever the prize was."

Tony Hadley has spent the lockdown at his home in Buckinghamshire, England. He still tours, but the virus means his summer diary
is empty. When he got Muhammad's email, he tells the BBC, he thought it might be a hoax. But then he listened to the clips.
"I did listen to it several times, just to be really, really sure," he says. "And I thought - hold on, this guy is really genuine, it's a lot of
money, he's done incredibly well to get to that point."

After deciding Muhammad had won "fair and square", he decided to send the video.
"To penalise him on a... well it wasn't even a mispronunciation. So that's why I said in my video - I'm going to back this guy."...'

Cue Rocky music here.

Quote:'Gold 905 is not some small, start-up station. It is part of Mediacorp - Singapore's mighty media empire - and is heard across the
country. After Jerome won the prize, the controversy was covered by local site Hype and Stuff. When Hadley got involved, other
Singaporean media picked it up. But the station did not budge.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7657]
Gold 905's reply after announcing Jerome Tan as the winner

On 13 May, after seeing the Hadley video, the station emailed Muhammad. "We understand your disappointment," they said.
"But please be assured that all entries are reviewed fairly and objectively."
On the day the BBC contacted Mediacorp, their position shifted - slightly. They were adamant that Muhammad's pronunciation
was wrong, but they offered a "goodwill gesture".

"We have reached out to Mr Shalehan with a token of appreciation for his exceptional commitment to the contest and loyal support
for Gold 905," they said. Neither side has confirmed the amount publicly, but the BBC understands it was $5,000.

When Mediacorp announced the "goodwill gesture" on Facebook, they included a video of Muhammad's pronunciation, alongside
Jerome's, and Tony Hadley's (see above). Most commenters were not persuaded.
"Give me a break," said one. "It is clear that both people who called into the contest said the same name, but with different accents."

For now, Muhammad is unsure whether to accept Mediacorp's offer. He needs the money - but, he says, there are bigger issues at stake.
"I don't want myself to be 'oh he gets a bit of money, he shuts up'. I don't want that. I'm not after the money. I'm after the fairness, the equality,
the justice of the game. "You are not going to fool a Singaporean man. We are all human. We all play the game fairly."...'
BBC:

Like two battle-worn soldiers of a forgotten war, Muhammad and Tony peer through the smoke of combat and know the fight will be a long
one. Casualties are certain and blood will be lost along the way, but this duo, this pair of truth-crusaders in the days of the dark, will one day
feel the sun shine on their dirt-smudged faces again and know in their hearts, their bond was the strongest.
tinybiggrin 
Love it!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
The Weak Shall Inherit...

Quote:That’s all, folks: New Looney Toons will strip Elmer Fudd and Yosemite Sam of their rifles and pistols in
response to US gun violence - but they will still get knives and TNT to hunt Bugs Bunny

*'We're not doing guns. But we can do cartoony violence', a producer confirmed 
*Peter Browngardt said the new series can do 'cartoony violence like TNT'
*That means frustrated hunter Fudd will still get a scythe to hunt Bugs Bunny 
*The series airs on HBO Max and premiered last week; it features 200 cartoons

'The new Looney Toons cartoon will strip Elmer Fudd and Yosemite Sam of their rifles in response to US gun violence,
the show's makers have confirmed.  Executive producer of the new series, Peter Browngardt, told The New York Times:
'We're not doing guns. But we can do cartoony violence — TNT, the Acme stuff. All of that was kind of grandfathered in.'

That means frustrated hunter Fudd will still get a scythe to hunt Bugs Bunny.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7729]

The series airs on HBO Max and premiered last week. It features 200 new cartoons starring Porky Pig, Daffy Duck and
Tweey Bird. Each episode will last between one and six minutes. 
Elmer Fudd had traditionally chased Bugs Bunny with his catchphrase: 'Shhh. Be vewy, vewy quiet. I'm hunting wabbits.'

Yosemite Sam, who traditionally carried pistols, is also an enemy of Bugs Bunny. 
Browngardt added: 'I always thought, "What if Warner Bros had never stopped making Looney Tunes cartoons?"
'As much as we possibly could, we treated the production in that way.'

Artist Johnny Ryan added: 'We're going through this wave of anti-bullying, everybody needs to be friends, everybody needs
to get along. 'Looney Toons is pretty much the antithesis of that. 'It's two characters in conflict, sometimes getting pretty violent.' 

The news sparked a mixed reaction online with some Twitter user suggesting the move was a 'snowflake' reaction. 
One Twitter user commented: 'Elmer fudd without his gun, is like yosemite sam without his moustache.' 

But others praised the decision, writing: 'I love cartoons; always have and I'm a big believer that classic cartoons can teach us a lot
about the world views of the era they were made, even if they aren't socially acceptable in a modern era. Especially so.
So kudos Warner Bros for taking this stance on gun violence.'

One Twitter user joked: 'I can't believe this needs to be said, but Yosemite Sam and Elmer Fudd were never responsible gun owners
anyway.' Looney Tunes originally launched in 1930 and ended 39 years later. Other franchises have also had to made adjustments for
modern audiences.  

In November last year Disney issued warnings across many of its older films. 
Several titles on Disney+ include the warning that it 'may contain outdated cultural depictions' or that it may contain footage of characters
smoking...'
Archive.Vn:

Oh my word, Fritz The Cat doesn't stand a chance, then.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7730]

Do I understand right, its ok to stab, slash and blow some one up but not to shoot them !!!!!!!
I DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY
The UK Government are looking to open up bars and public houses to quench the thirst of the British lock-ins.
Let's just hope it quells any pent-up anger like this Indian resident seemed to hold!
minusculebeercheers

Quote:DRUNKY MONKEY ‘Alcoholic’ monkey ‘kills man and injures 250 others in crazed rampage after being starved of booze’.

'An alcoholic monkey has left one man dead and 250 injured after going on the rampage when he was starved of booze,
according to reports. Kalua, formerly the pet of an occultist, was fed liquor at his home in Uttar Pradesh, India.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7775]

But when his owner died, he stopped getting his supply of booze and went on a "biting spree", according to the Indo-Asian
News Service (IANS). Kalua, six, viciously targeted women and girls, with dozens of children reportedly needing plastic surgery
after he savagely ripped open their faces with his fangs.
One of his victims died.

The monkey was eventually caught and will now remain in captivity for life at Kanpur zoo, where he is reportedly hostile to female
zookeepers and other monkeys.

FILLED WITH RAGE
Zoo doctor Mohd Nasir said: "We kept him in isolation for some months and then shifted him to a separate cage.
"There has been no change in his behaviour and he remains as aggressive as he was.
"It has been three years since he was brought here, but now it has been decided that he will remain in captivity all his life."

Scientists discovered that Kalua was also addicted to eating meat, suggesting it could be another possible cause of his
"indefatigable anger". It comes after a monkey on a tiny bike snatched a toddler and dragged the child down the street in
Indonesia.

In the clip, a little monkey sped down an alley before approaching a group sat on a bench with a toddler.
After abandoning the bike, the monkey clung onto the youngster's clothing, dragging the child for several feet.

A troop of monkeys also attacked a medical official and snatched away blood samples of patients who had tested positive
for coronavirus at the end of May. The attack occurred when a lab technician was walking in the campus of a medical college
in India.

Dr S.K. Garg said: "Monkeys grabbed and fled with the blood samples of four COVID-19 patients who are undergoing treatment ...
we had to take their blood samples again.” Authorities feared that monkeys may contract the virus if they came in contact with the
blood but at the time no evidence had been found...'
The Sun Archived Source:

It's an article I showed Boy In A Dress and informed him that he could join a crowd that is fairly
exclusive. Sadly, I fail as my own low-slung gusset, off-white old-man under-crackers seem
to decay almost straight away.

BIAD -as some are aware, doesn't wear pants and I'm hoping he'll want to be 'one-of-the-crowd'.
I used the word 'in-crowd' when I showed him the piece.
tinywondering

Quote:That's pants! Some men admit to keeping their old underwear
for more than 20 YEARS, a new poll reveals.

'Some men have admitted to keeping underwear for more than 20 years, a new poll has found.
Clothing firm Tom Clinch conducted a poll, which found that the average British man only buys
new pants once every five years.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7936]

But even when they do decide to get new briefs, partners or parents often by the essential item
as birthday or Christmas gifts, The Sun reported. More than two in five men admitted their partners
buy their underwear, while more than a third still rely on their mothers.  

The firm's founder Nick Clinch said it was 'depressing' to find out how 'infrequently' men invest in
underwear. He said: 'They don't hesitate to throw money at expensive suits but cut corners with
underwear. It's like buying a Ferrari and filling it up with cooking oil. 

'It breaks my heart to see women in shops dutifully buying packs of pants for their husbands in their
40s and 50s.' But some experts say underwear should be replaced every year as, even with regular
washing, they can still become a breeding ground for infection-causing bacteria. 

This comes after a YouGov survey found loose fitting boxer shorts are the undergarment of choice
for 38 per cent of men. It found briefs or Y-fronts were favoured by 27 per cent, while 25 per cent
preferred a tighter boxer. 

Experts said the reason for briefs's popularity is due to support, particularly with men who use the
gym frequently. Fertility doctors also say wearing tight pants for too long can affect sperm count...'
Daily Mail:

(01-22-2020, 12:47 PM)BIAD Wrote: 22nd January 2020.

...It was only a matter of time, the Thought-Police rushed in to save the day wth their overbearing political
-correctness and then were left with gravy on their faces. Let's just hope nobody on Facebook discusses
the name of the Labrador belonging to Wing Commander Guy Gibson from the Dam Busters raid during
World War II!...

Fuckin' called it.
17th July 2020.

Quote:Dambusters dog: Headstone replaced to remove racist name.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8110]

'A gravestone honouring the Dambusters' dog - whose name is a racial slur - has been replaced.
The 617 Squadron's mascot, a black Labrador, died on the day of its famous "bouncing bomb" raid
on German dams in 1943.

A memorial at the Dambusters' World War Two base, RAF Scampton, bearing the dog's name was removed.
The RAF said it did not want to give prominence to an offensive term that went against its ethos.
Sir Edward Leigh, Conservative MP for Gainsborough, said he was "very fearful of our ability today to erase
or re-write history".

Kris Hendrix, campaigns manager at the RAF Museum, said the dog -which the BBC is not naming -was a
"drinking buddy" for squadron members and would consume litres of beer before passing out.
He was hit by a car and killed on 16 May 1943, but his death was kept from the airmen as it was feared they
might see it as a bad omen.

Mr Hendrix added: "It was such a famous dog, it was such a famous squadron and that meant the grave has
been kept until today. "The standards have changed throughout the years, while it may not have been a
controversial name during the Second World War, things are very different now."

Sir Edward said he had written to the station commander of RAF Scampton about the change.
In his letter, shared with the BBC, he said: "Undoubtedly we are both more sensitive and more sensible today
when it comes to the delicateness of racialist and derogatory terminology which had been used with unfortunate
informality in the past.

"I am, however, very fearful of our ability today to erase or re-write history. The past needs to be explained,
taught about, and learned from - not re-written."...'
Archived BBC Article:

That is just Stupid, how in The Hell does that matter.

It was a Dog, a Mascot for those Very Courageous Men.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
What champagne bubbles do to you when you work at The Guardian. Slavery and child exploitation is only wrong
when white people are falsely accused of doing it.

Quote:Child labour doesn’t have to be exploitation – it gave me life skills
'Growing up in Africa taught me to be self-reliant and resilient. Putting children to work must be seen in local context...'
Link:

Quote:Is child labour always wrong? The view from Bolivia...
Link2:

Quote:Pakistan's shame: the open secret of child sex abuse in the workplace

'Like millions of Pakistani children, Ahmed had to work to support his family.
The sexual abuse he suffered is as commonplace as the government’s failure to act...
Link2:

tinysure tinyok
A light-hearted article, unless the result is from draining the swamp!

Quote:Terrifying 'giant rat' found after heavy rain washes it out of Mexico City sewers

'The "giant rat" was part of 22 tonnes of waste pulled from the city's drainage system following heavy
storms after a bout of heavy rain and terrified the workers who found it.

A mysterious "creature" was pulled out of the sewers after a bout of heavy rain in Mexico City.
The "giant rat" was part of 22 tonnes of waste pulled from the city's drainage system following heavy storms.
When workers in Mexico City first clapped eyes on it, they thought rats were turning into dinosaur-sized monsters.

Border Report says crews made the unsavoury discovery while cleaning 22 tons of trash from Mexico City’s drainage system.
Turning a corner, they suddenly came across what is being described as a “giant rat”.
But the rodent turned out not to be an actual live animal – and is actually a Halloween prop.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8591]

The rat had been in a warehouse but apparently washed away during storms, somehow disappearing into a labyrinth of
drains underground, the Mexico City workers said. Some even said if they had seen it on a street, they would’ve run away in fear.
Local reports say it was so realistic that passersby “marvelled” at the site of it after crews pulled it out from underneath the city...'
Source:

(11-08-2020, 07:22 PM)BIAD Wrote: A light-hearted article, unless the result is from draining the swamp!

Quote:Terrifying 'giant rat' found after heavy rain washes it out of Mexico City sewers

'The "giant rat" was part of 22 tonnes of waste pulled from the city's drainage system following heavy
storms after a bout of heavy rain and terrified the workers who found it.

A mysterious "creature" was pulled out of the sewers after a bout of heavy rain in Mexico City.
The "giant rat" was part of 22 tonnes of waste pulled from the city's drainage system following heavy storms.
When workers in Mexico City first clapped eyes on it, they thought rats were turning into dinosaur-sized monsters.

Border Report says crews made the unsavoury discovery while cleaning 22 tons of trash from Mexico City’s drainage system.
Turning a corner, they suddenly came across what is being described as a “giant rat”.
But the rodent turned out not to be an actual live animal – and is actually a Halloween prop.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8591]

The rat had been in a warehouse but apparently washed away during storms, somehow disappearing into a labyrinth of
drains underground, the Mexico City workers said. Some even said if they had seen it on a street, they would’ve run away in fear.
Local reports say it was so realistic that passersby “marvelled” at the site of it after crews pulled it out from underneath the city...'
Source:

Rodents of unusual size? I don't believe they exist. ... wait till Leo Donny Raph and Mikey come looking for him.
I am WonderCow....hear me moo!
I caught a glimpse of a programme on the BBC this morning (Saturday) that airs during the broadcaster's
daily 'Breakfast News' that made me shake my head in cynical bewilderment. It's a 15-minute programme
called 'NewsWatch'.

The presenter is Samira Ahmed -a Journalist who supposedly holds the company she works for to task,
plays the middle-man between the viewer and the BBC. Sitting alone at the screen with a backdrop of
the busy BBC news office below her, a faint sound of Journalist's voices can be heard that gives the
impression that the programme is made 'on-site'.

Often, viewers write in with their complaints and suggestions about the publically-funded broadcasting company
and occasionally, an answer surfaces.
I say occasionally, because today someone wrote in and asked if Prime Minister Boris Johnson was self-isolating
why were BBC Journalists reporting from outside of No.10 Downing Street, the PM's official residence?
Boris cannot come out, in the two examples that were shown, it was night-time and the narrative had nothing
to do with the building or time of day.

The answer from Samira Ahmed was that nobody was available to respond to the question, even though this
actual programme is said to be recorded in the BBC's Broadcasting House in London.
tinysure

The article that really caught my attention was the comment from a viewer that asked that during an interview
with Government Secretary of State for Health Matt Hancock, the backdrop in the BBC studio showed a large
number of people milling around without concerns of social-distancing and not wearing face-masks.
The viewer's letter suggested double-standards were on display at the BBC.

Samira Ahmed answered that what the viewers were seeing was a false backdrop and Mr. Hancock was merely
sat in a room with a green-screen behind him. The false vista was recorded before the coronavirus outrage had
begun.

She went on further to say (in a I'll-tell-you-in-confidence tone) that the backdrop that was behind her, actually
was the same type of counterfeit and she was really sitting -as she put it "in a broom-closet"!
However, I noticed as this secret was released, the sounds of mumbling Journalists were missing during her
revelation.

This is the real problem with today's Journalism. The ethical standards have long-gone and carved-in-stone
attitude is if we say it, it is true. Fake backdrops aside, the reality presented to the waning audiences is far
from the one that we in the real world deal with day-to-day.

Traditional news outlets have become entertainment shows that offer a preferred perception of what they
want you to think and not what is really happening. The legacy media will never argue that the narrative
they shovel at you is false, it seems that the fact that is it is they who are shovelling it assures the readers
and viewers that it has some worth.
Donald was right.
tinycrying
In another thread (Britain Today) I posted an article about this chap who was convicted of having sex
with chickens which was filmed on a GoPro. Rehan Baig's wife was also involved in filming of the acts.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8672]
Rehan Baig

Well now it seems that this behaviour is becoming quite common and whether it's connected to the
recent lock-downs, remains uncertain. But just for anyone out there unsure if this type of conduct is
somehow acceptable, in the UK we 'pluck' chickens, not (white noise here) them.
tinyhuh

Quote:ANIMAL ABUSE Dad-of-two who had sex with chickens and his own dog after sneaking into farm is jailed

'A depraved dad-of-two has admitted having sex with chickens and his own Great Dane dog.
Shane Waters, 40, carried out the sickening attacks after sneaking into a farm in Accrington, Lancashire.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8673]
Shane Waters and I bet the chickens' eyes did too. Burnley Crown Court and a survivor.

The supermarket stock checker, who has previous convictions for abusing horses, was jailed for 30 months
at Burnley Crown Court. He was also banned from keeping animals for life.

Waters' abuse came to light after a farmer discovered a number of dead and injured birds in a chicken shed
on September 19, 2020. He feared “something sexual” had happened to them and called the RSPCA and
checked the CCTV footage.

The video showed Waters prowling around the farm and leaving the barn at 11.40pm, the Lancashire Telegraph
reports. Officers arrested Waters on September 23, telling them: “I need help. I know what I have done. I just get
these urges.”

During questioning Waters told police he had been on the farm on about nine previous occasions “but usually
only had sex with one chicken”. Barbara Webster, prosecuting, said: “He did not like performing the act and
said sorry to the chickens after.”

A total of 15 chickens died because of Waters’ abuse, the court heard.

Waters also admitted to having intercourse with his pet Great Dane dog during a four-month period but said the
dog "did not like it and growled and bit him". Defending Waters, Anna Chestnut said Waters hoped to rebuild
his life once he had been released from prison.

She said: “This is not the person he wants to be. He is thoroughly disgusted by his behaviour.”
Judge Dodd said: “As I understand it, at least 15 chickens died as a result of your sordid sexual activity.
“Those who kept the chickens are understandably horrified and appalled by what you have done.

“I have no doubt anyone hearing the details of this case will be disgusted.
“Your conduct is distressing and truly worrying, particularly in light of your previous convictions.”
The judge made an indefinite criminal behaviour order banning Waters from keeping animals, and made him
subject to notification for life...'
The Sun:

'...but said the dog "did not like it and growled and bit him"  Are there any words one can add here?!!
tinywhat

I seem to remember South Park did an episode about something like this
(11-21-2020, 12:17 PM)Wallfire Wrote: I seem to remember South Park did an episode about something like this

What I find strange -apart from the whole article, is the timing placed on these stories.
As of typing this it is 11.45.am Saturday 21st November 2020.

The Sun website gives the time that this article was placed on its site as yesterday (Friday 20th November):
Reporters Jon Rogers & Rachel Smith
20 Nov 2020, 21:17Updated: 20 Nov 2020, 23:50.

I understand that the account was probably just cut-and-pasted, then adjusted to an editorial stance and
not really a piece originally acquired, but it was finalised at 23.50... just before midnight on Friday.

The Lancashire Telegraph -a website and newspaper where The Sun mentions in its article...
"...The video showed Waters prowling around the farm and leaving the barn at 11.40pm
the Lancashire Telegraph reports..."

The Lancashire Telegraph didn't post this piece until six hours ago:
6 hrs ago
Dad-of-two jailed for having sex with chickens at Accrington farm
By Sophie-May Clarke
Chief Reporter

and The Sun's link titled 'Lancashire Telegraph' doesn't take you to their site, it takes you to 
Lancashire Live. Which is owned by Reach PLC, a company that is owned by Newsquest (a company I used
to work for) and which is a division of Gannet.

This may not seem much to an outsider, but it's another example of how the news you're presented with
is not the information that is said to be acquired.
I seem to remember reading something about this guy from earlier than October, but I can't find it.

Did find this,  which shows his problem is bigger than chickens. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leeds-54608083

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(11-21-2020, 01:12 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I seem to remember reading something about this guy from earlier than October, but I can't find it.

Did find this,  which shows his problem is bigger than chickens. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leeds-54608083

Another possible sign of how political-correctness demands a 'off-hands' approach when dealing with
certain ethnic-groups in the UK. Mr. Baig has serious problems, but due to his skin-colour, it could be
that the BBC perceive the 'child-porn' issue a little less debauched than his interaction with animals.
tinywondering
Sadly the news has been nothing but an entertainment venue for a long time. I don't trust anything that comes from the national news shows. The majority of the news agencies are owned by just a handful of people, and the majority of those few are closely connected. 

I am blessed to have a close friend that does the local news on several local stations. She gives the facts, and if she is on site of an event, she is actually there. 
She shoots straight from the hip and tries to be frank and honest. If she doesn't know, she does not pretend she does. 

She, her children, and her husband, are extremely active in the church and community. She is the only news personality that I trust. I am not saying there aren't others, but it is near impossible for the honest ones to make a living in today's market.

The movie Wag the Dog was an inside look at how big a joke most national news is today.

There are a ton of videos of where studios got caught with fake green screens. This one I think is hilarious. Forgive my sense of humor.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Seems to fit the UK very well

(11-21-2020, 01:46 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: ...I am blessed to have a close friend that does the local news on several local stations.
She gives the facts, and if she is on site of an event, she is actually there. 
She shoots straight from the hip and tries to be frank and honest. If she doesn't know, she does not pretend she does. 

She, her children, and her husband, are extremely active in the church and community. She is the only news personality that I trust. I am not saying there aren't others, but it is near impossible for the honest ones to make a living in today's market...

You're very lucky, most of us have to comb through the crap of the legacy media for the deliberately-buried kernel of truth.
minusculethumbsup

Quote:The movie Wag the Dog was an inside look at how big a joke most national news is today.

Yeah and it makes me smile that everyone who watched the movie took it as fictional due to actors being involved.
Those thespians who're in the same profession as News Readers, [some] Journalists and political pundits!