Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cut! That's a... [WRAP]!
ACTION!

Out of the blue, Marlow stiffened and sighed a little as the world he was just in was carefully dissected and scurried away and off to other places where the sets and props were all stored by the stagehands, out of sight and mind.

He looked mournfully out beyond the now defunct cameras to rows and rows of empty audience seats where, once upon a recent bygone past, the faceless masses had cheered and booed and stomped their feet and clapped their hands. It was over and done to the final death of it!

Oh how he suddenly longed for that which was no more and never could be again!

Time moves on and humanity with it and old and age wearied men like Marlow turn to dust in the wind!

He scowled and with an explosive huff and puff, he made a sudden mad dash for the exits and blasting through the doors he dove head long up the stairs to the rooftop, where he suddenly stopped and looked around at the world he was living in.

The sky was melting in an orange purple Daliesque sunset... Overwhelming in its vastness!

Marlow stopped and stood with his face to the setting sun and closed his eyes!

He took in a long slow breath and felt the warmth run over his face like young kids run over and explore a new playground. His shaking hands tingled and tears welled up and burst forth like a damned dam damned to fail,...
Damned to drown the whole world with its sadness!

"Mr Marlow?... Mr Marlow! Is that you... what are you doing outside the retirement home Mr Marlow? Its medication time! Oh Mr Marlow are you ok... you're crying. There there... it will be ok. Your family will visit you next time. Orderly! Orderly... please come and help me with Mr Marlow! He used to be somebody!".

A young female nurse took Mr Marlow by the arm and led him towards the young male orderly pushing an empty wheel chair... towards medication time!

Cut! That's a... [WRAP]!
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!
minusculebeercheers minusculeclap
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Very good OL.   Sad, but good.   minusculethumbsup
Explanation: My Grandmother, my mums mum, is in an old persons retirement village and is suffering from dementia (she 100+yrs old ok)! tinycrying

Personal Disclosure: Unfortunately due to covid restrictions I will never get the opportunity to see her again and as such I feel that she has died somehow and I remembered this thread I wrote and I have decided to bump it in memory and dedicate it in memorium to her!

Love you Gran [Hannah Margret D]! I will always remember going shopping with and for you ...we made a great team. Your lists were impeccable and important and I miss reading them and doing shopping for you ... it was a job I excelled at and I enjoyed it very much knowing it helped you out greatly.

I will also miss heating up your super cold hands with my super hot hands and sharing dirty jokes and being completely honest with you and vice versa.

May you find peace in the remainder of your long well lived hard fought life and may God bless you in the afterlife!

I will never forget you! tinyinlove We'll meet again ... some sunny day eh! tinybiggrin

minusculebeercheers
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!
She sounds like a great lady.

minusculethumbsup
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe.