Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pakistani woman burns daughter alive for eloping
Frigging animals err less than !
http://newsletter.thaivisa.com/l/jzQgFpy...buVsbTnslg

Pakistani woman burns daughter alive for eloping
ZAHEER BABAR, Associated Press
ASIF SHAHZAD, Associated Press

LAHORE, Pakistan (AP) — A woman in Pakistan burned her 17-year-old daughter alive on Wednesday to punish her for marrying against the family's wishes, the latest in a series of so-called "honor killings" that claim the lives of nearly 1,000 women every year in the conservative Muslim country.

Police say Zeenat Rafiq's mother, Parveen, tied her to a cot and drenched her with kerosene before lighting her on fire. Neighbors in the congested, working-class neighborhood in the eastern city of Lahore came running when they heard the screams, but family members kept them from entering the house, said Nighat Bibi, who lives nearby.

The police eventually arrived and found the charred body near a staircase. They arrested the mother soon thereafter.

The victim's husband, Hassan Khan, told reporters the two had been "in love since our school days" but the family had rejected several marriage proposals, forcing them to elope last month. He showed an affidavit of consent signed by his wife before a magistrate. He also showed cellphone photos of a smiling Zeenat wearing a red dress.

Sheikh Hammad, a local police official, said Parveen confessed to killing her daughter with the help of her son Ahmar. He quoted the woman as saying "I don't have any regrets." Another police officer, Ibadat Nisar, said the body showed signs of beating and strangulation.

Hundreds of women are killed every year in Pakistan -- often by their own family members -- for violating the country's conservative norms regarding love and marriage. Sex outside of marriage is seen by conservative Pakistanis as a stain on the honor of the woman's entire family, one that can only be removed by killing her.

Last week a schoolteacher, Maria Bibi, was set on fire for refusing to marry a man twice her age. The prime suspect in the case — the father of the man she refused to marry — and the other four are in custody.

A month earlier, police arrested 13 members of a local tribal council who allegedly strangled a girl and set her on fire for helping a friend elope. The charred body of 17-year-old Ambreen Riasat was found in a burned van.

Khan, the husband of the woman killed in Lahore, said her mother and uncle had visited her three days ago to try to persuade her to return home and have a marriage ceremony with the family, so that she wouldn't be branded as someone who had eloped. He recalled his wife telling him: "Don't let me go, they will kill me."

___

Shahzad reported from Islamabad.

[Image: aplogo.jpg]
-- © Associated Press 2016-06-09
This leaves me flabbergasted! tinysurprised  How in the world could any mother set her own child on fire?   :mediumomg: 

These people are the pure essence of evil.  I'll stop right here before I say something that might hurt
someone's feelings.   tinyshouting
Now tell me again how peaceful Muslims are ??? 

These people have absolutely no value of human life, this kind of behaviour which is actually quite mild in comparison to other tragedies that happen within their little Muslim countries, clearly demonstrates that. 

This is how they blow themselves up so easily as well, they have no fear of death, its nothing to them, if your a Muslim you will be fine so its okay in their eyes, and while im not familiar with it, this is probably yet another thing they see as sin so this is totally justified to their 'God' ..

Ugh! That poor woman.
Something that will be on the news today .... Yesterday in an Orlando gay night club someone came in and killed somewhere between 20 and 40 people. Supposedly by a radical Muslim. He is dead after SWAT stormed the building.

Lets bring more of the little darlings into our country... what could possibly go wrong ?
(06-12-2016, 01:22 PM)727Sky Wrote: Something that will be on the news today .... Yesterday in an Orlando gay night club someone came in and killed somewhere between 20 and 40 people. Supposedly by a radical Muslim. He is dead after SWAT stormed the building.

Lets bring more of the little darlings into our country... what could possibly go wrong ?

Apparently nothing because they are all saints, and if you say otherwise your evil, or racist, don't see how disagreeing with a religion makes us racist but hey, whats the best way to make someone look bad? Call them racist, people will shun their opinion. Cant go being politically incorrect these days, don't want to hurt their feelings, just let them keep killing us off, its all good..
Quote:Hundreds of women are killed every year in Pakistan -- often by their own family members -- for violating the country's conservative norms regarding love and marriage. Sex outside of marriage is seen by conservative Pakistanis as a stain on the honor of the woman's entire family, one that can only be removed by killing her.

Yeah, goes to show how outdated their way of thinking is

"Sex outside of marriage is seen by conservative Pakistanis as a stain on the honor of the woman's entire family, one that can only be removed by killing her."

Killing her is the only way???? Really?
Oh what hogwash..... smallnotamused

The extremist Muslim's way of life and their views will be hard to intermingle in the Western culture.
It can be done, has been done, but in areas that have many refugees, they are already seeing many issues come up.

Just cannot see any Mother say they have "no regrets" for burning (and beating) her daughter.
That is just too far out there for me to accept.

That is one fucked up belief, sorry to say.
And I try to remain open minded to many religions/cultures, but I draw the line at killing your own daughter.

You ground her, kick her out of the house but you do not  friggin burn her!!!!!!

a.k.a. 'snarky412'