Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Indonesia's Lion Air Flight JT-610 Crashes into the sea
A terrible tragedy for passengers aboard an Indonesia Lion Air Flight early this morning as it went down into the sea killing all 189 aboard. 
Former beauty queen who was runner-up in Thailand's Miss Universe was aboard the flight, along with 20 officials from the finance ministry, according to Twitter members posts.

This was a brand new plane; odd that it would go down.  The 20 officials from the finance ministry being on board has my conspiracy mind in overdrive right now.   minusculethinking      I'm sure I'll be learning more about this today from the Chans.    

May those affected by this tragedy find peace and strength to cope with their loss. tinycrying 

Quote:JAKARTA, Indonesia — A Lion Air flight with 189 people on board crashed into the sea moments after taking off from Indonesia's capital early Monday. The airliner said it had lost contact with Flight JT-610 and Indonesia's search and rescue agency posted images of debris it has found from the Boeing 737 Max 8 plane that went down in the waters off West Java. There was no immediate word of any survivors and the aircraft is believed to have sunk after it crashed.

"It has been confirmed that it has crashed," Yusuf Latif, a spokesman for the agency, said by text message, when asked about the fate of the Lion Air plane, according to the Reuters news agency. Latif said the plane had lost contact 13 minutes after takeoff.
The aircraft had requested to return to base shortly before losing contact, according to Yohanes Sirait, a spokesman for Indonesia's air navigation authorities. "The (traffic) control allowed that, but then it lost contact," he added.

The crash is the worst airline disaster in Indonesia since an AirAsia flight plunged into the sea in December 2014, killing all 162 on board. It's the latest blow to the country's aviation safety record after the lifting of bans on its airlines by the European Union and U.S.
The plane had departed Jakarta about 6:20 a.m. Monday, BBC News reports. Indonesia's disaster agency spokesman Sutopo Purwo Nugroho said the plane was scheduled for a 1-hour-and-10 minute flight to Pangkal Pinang on an island chain off Sumatra.
The National Search and Rescue Agency chief Muhammad Syaugi told a news conference that divers are trying to locate the wreckage of the plane, which according to aviation website Flightradar24 was brand-new and delivered to Lion Air in August.

Officials said the plane had been carrying 178 adults, one child and two babies, as well as two pilots and six flight attendants. Next of kin have gathered at Pangkal Pinang airport, CBS News has learned, where a crisis center has been setup there and also at Jakarta's Soekarno Hatta airport.
[Image: rtx6gxwl.jpg#]
Relatives of passengers of Lion Air flight JT-610 that crashed into the sea, cry at Depati Amir airport in Pangkal Pinang, Indonesia, on Mon., Oct. 29, 2018.

Reuters

Read more here: Source
The loss of all those people is terrible.
Very sad for their families.

I understand that they are saying it was a Maintenance issue.
But I also noticed not much is mentioned about this Tragedy today.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]