Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Continuing Adventures of Rack and Ruin - Companion Thread
This is the companion thread to "The Continuing Adventures of Rack and Ruin". This is the thread for comments (from readers or writers), and the occasional veiled co-ordination amongst writers in the thread.

Just for completeness in cross-linkage, here is the story thread.

Have at it.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Cool as a Cool thing guys.

I haven't got a clue what's going on... but am enjoying it so far!

G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
(08-28-2018, 05:37 PM)gordi Wrote: Cool as a Cool thing guys.

I haven't got a clue what's going on... but am enjoying it so far!

G

At the moment,it's just back-filler, a quick look at an imagined history to pad-out the characters.
Where the hell it will end up, is anyone's guess!!
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Sorry I've been slack in the writing. There's been a lot going on here, and I have an epic battle to fight later today which is commanding most of my attention, and which may determine how much time I have on my hands going forward. I'm not gonna get shit on twice - I'd rather sit at the house and watch the grass grow if that's the way of it.

We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(09-25-2018, 05:34 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Sorry I've been slack in the writing. There's been a lot going on here, and I have an epic battle to fight later today which is commanding most of my attention, and which may determine how much time I have on my hands going forward. I'm not gonna get shit on twice - I'd rather sit at the house and watch the grass grow if that's the way of it.

We'll see what tomorrow brings.

No hassle, there's no clock on the tale! (And anyway, Tibbs will just alter the time situation!)

Dig in and good luck.
minusculethumbsup
Forrestal had a boat named after him by the Navy. Aircraft carrier, I think. I had a friend that was a sailor on it. Seems the USS Forrestal had a problem with staying not on fire. Charlie told me the squids informally call it "The USS Zippo".

The other situation has been sorted now, for the most part. At least I'm not on the warpath any more. Now I'm willing to just pop some popcorn and sit back to watch the fireworks unfold from other folks. We've got a snake-oil seller on site, and that's my favorite sort to screw around with!

The upside to that is that I ought to be able to devote a little time to writing now.  minusculebeercheers

(09-25-2018, 10:41 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Forrestal had a boat named after him by the Navy. Aircraft carrier, I think. I had a friend that was a sailor on it. Seems the USS Forrestal had a problem with staying not on fire. Charlie told me the squids informally call it "The USS Zippo"...

I just suggested putting Forrestal in because of his strange death and alleged ties to US Government UFO investigations.
Interaction with his 'suicide' would make a fair excuse for stalling if needed, that was all.
And a very good ploy it is - one that bears further pursuit. I'd call it "educational", since I know very little about Forrestal other than having the Zippo named after him. As I recall, the man was committed, and "hung himself" with a bedsheet during his stay at the mental institution. Beyond that - if that is even true and not the product of a faulty memory - I know nothing of the man, and this could provide opportunity to cure that deficency.

Of course, if Forrestal were to tag along or be "abducted" as is the case in modern parlance for freeloaders aboard UFOs, that might provide excuse for some shadowy alphabet agency or another to arrange his "suicide" because then he would "know too much" - certainly more than the offending agency!

I think I'll do a little research to get my ducks in a row.