Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The UK's Brexit Referendum.
I use to be a great believer in the EU, and for about 10 years worked in different EU projects here and in other countries. As time went on I saw more and more lets say" bending of the rules".
I believe that "bending of the rules" always starts at the top and flows down, so if it could be seen at the low level I worked at the top must be BAD.
The last straw (made of paper not plastic ( see I can be PC)) was when the Fuhrer open the borders of Germany and the EU followed suit flooding Europe and trying to destroy the cultures of Europe. Yes the EU has stopped a war in Europe but it has supported invasion without war and stopped the countries from protecting themselves. The EU is evil, and now there will be war in Europe, not between countries but to drive the invader out.
To stop evil good must fight back, but good must become move evil than the evil it fights if good is to win. Then good must fight its way back from evil to become good again. I know good will fight and win what im not sure of is will good fight its way back to good. If not then good becomes what was once evil,  and evil becomes even more evil to fight good, and so it goes on and on. Hope people understand .
(02-02-2020, 01:24 PM)Wallfire Wrote: I use to be a great believer in the EU, and for about 10 years worked in different EU projects here and in other countries. As time went on I saw more and more lets say" bending of the rules".
I believe that "bending of the rules" always starts at the top and flows down, so if it could be seen at the low level I worked at the top must be BAD.
The last straw (made of paper not plastic ( see I can be PC)) was when the Fuhrer open the borders of Germany and the EU followed suit flooding Europe and trying to destroy the cultures of Europe. Yes the EU has stopped a war in Europe but it has supported invasion without war and stopped the countries from protecting themselves. The EU is evil, and now there will be war in Europe, not between countries but to drive the invader out.
To stop evil good must fight back, but good must become move evil than the evil it fights if good is to win. Then good must fight its way back from evil to become good again. I know good will fight and win what im not sure of is will good fight its way back to good. If not then good becomes what was once evil,  and evil becomes even more evil to fight good, and so it goes on and on. Hope people understand .

You are correct that good must fight evil to win.
To be truly good, it has to come from the heart of the person; it has to be a part of their character. 
It's not that hard to tell if their goal is for the good for mankind. 
It's those people who have REAL goodness inside and hope for a better world that will win in the end, because if they are TRULY good, they won't allow evil to sway who they are inside.
Here's The Britisher, a sensible look at the recent news involving leaving the EU and other areas
of possible interest.
It's worth a listen INMHO.

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Tut-tut, naughty-naughty, Nicola!

Quote:Nicola Sturgeon humiliated: SNP’s embarrassing Brexit stunt exposed by baffled EU.

'Nicola Sturgeon has been left red-faced after it emerged the Scottish Nationalist Party paid for
a "Scotland Loves Europe" symbol to be projected on the European commission headquarters
-despite hinting it was arranged by Brussels.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7115]

The news will cause embarrassment for SNP leader Nicola Sturgeon, who implied that the EU had
set up the display, claiming the bloc had “left a light on” for Scotland in the wake of Brexit.

Tweeting an image of the building lit up, she wrote: “The EU Commission building in Brussels tonight
(and if you look carefully you’ll see that they do appear to have left a light on for us!)"

Her statement was echoed by Peter Grant, Treasury spokesman for the SNP and former Europe
spokesman at Westminster, who tweeted:
“What a strange thing to do for a European commission that
Labour and the Tories say doesn’t want Scotland back in.”

But a Commission spokesman said the EU was “obviously” not “involved in the light projected on the
Berlaymont”. He told The Times permission to put the light on the building had not been sought.
Nikos Chrysoloras, Bloomberg reporter, tweeted:
“Commission tells me they were not involved in this.
‘Obviously,’ they add.

“Note: Touching as it would be to ‘leave a light on for Scotland to find its way home’, it would also be an
open call to secession. And involvement in the internal affairs of a third country.”
A SNP spokesman confirmed that the pro-independence party was behind the symbol, sparking fury
among Holyrood rivals.

Maurice Golden, chief whip for the Scottish Tories, told the newspaper it was “was nothing more than an
SNP stunt”. He said: “It’s concerning to see elected representatives imply online that somehow the European
commission were complicit with this, or had even orchestrated it.”

Ms Sturgeon is ploughing ahead with her plans to drag Scotland out of the Union after Britain finally unshackled
itself from the EU on January 31. The SNP leader says she wants to hold an independence referendum by the
end of 2020.

A recent poll by Survation found that Scots are currently split over independence in their nation.
It found that voters were split down the middle at 50/50.n independence referendum by the end of 2020...'
The Express:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(02-04-2020, 02:45 PM)BIAD Wrote: Here's The Britisher, a sensible look at the recent news involving leaving the EU and other areas
of possible interest.
It's worth a listen INMHO.

Thanks BIAD, that video was (as the brits say ) brilliant
Not to change the subject about Brexit, but I was wanting to here @"gordi" thoughts and how Scotland is being affected by this.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(02-05-2020, 06:17 PM)guohua Wrote: Not to change the subject about Brexit, but I was wanting to here @"gordi" thoughts and how Scotland is being affected by this.

I've actually started to post a reply (previously) about 4 times so far...

I'm quite ambivalent about the EU, but I get the distinct impression that Scotland as a whole is very much pro-EU, or at least pro-Europe. (62% of Scots voted to Remain in the EU at the EU referendum but as usual they are being out-voted and ignored by England/Westminster).

Scotland's views on... pretty much everything, couldn't be further from what Boris Johnson and the Tory UK Government are creating for the UK. It is horrible to see, and there is a growing resentment that Scotland is being dragged in a direction that the majority of Scots don't want to go.

BoJo / Westminster and their media lapdogs continually lampoon Scotland, Scottish MP's and Scots in general. Implying that we are a drain on the UK, that WM "spends" more on Scotland than other "regions" in the UK, that we are benefit junkies subsidised by the south.
If that were truly the case, then why are they so desperate to keep Scotland as part of the UK?
Why deny the Scottish Govt the right to hold another Independence Referendum? (Since there has been significant material change in our circumstances with regards to being dragged out of the EU despite being promised that the ONLY way to remain in the EU was to remain in the UK (in 2014)).
Why try to introduce legislation to make it harder for UK nations to hold referenda in the future?
Why argue that the UK NEEDS independence from the decision makers in Brussels, while at the same time refuting the same argument from Scotland regarding Westminster?

The truth is that Scotland is NOT subsidised by England.
The UK Govt. doesn't "spend" money in Scotland. It takes massive amounts of Tax revenues (more per head than from ANY other region in the UK) from Scotland, then THEY decide what portion of those revenues THEY will return to Scotland (via The Barnett Formula and other measures). The amount returned to Scotland ALWAYS being VERY MUCH less than the Revenues TAKEN from Scotland.
But that's not the full picture.
The financial health of a nation is often reflected in its GDP (Gross Domestic Product) which is a measure of how much money is generated per head of population. One main constituent of GDP being Exports.
The UK Govt takes its figures for the value of exported goods directly from our UK port authorities. Each and Every Port which handles goods for export abroad keeps an accurate record of those goods and their associated value to the economy and those figures are what is used to generate the official UK Govt GDP figures for each "region".
BUT... What they DON'T SAY is that the figures are tallied up, NOT by country of origin, but by country of EXPORT (in other words where the Port is located). Since many English ports are geographically nearer to Europe (our biggest export markets) then it makes sense to transport most Scottish goods by Road/Rail to English ports prior to Shipment abroad. (It cuts down on shipping costs)
This has the effect of massively BOOSTING ENGLISH Export figures (with Scottish goods) and dramatically REDUCING SCOTTISH Export figures (for Scottish goods which leave the UK from English ports).
This reinforces the "Scotland is Poor, subsidised by the Rich South" narrative, and helps to keep Scotland in check.

As a Scot, I am bitterly opposed to BoJo, The Tories and to being governed by Westminster.
This is supposed to be a UNION of EQUALS. It is not.
I am sick of being told to shut up and do what we're told by a Government that we NEVER voted for.
I am sick of being lied to and denigrated on a daily basis.
I am sick of my country being BLED DRY by these despicable parasites. (All Whisky Tax revenues and Oil & Gas Tax revenues go straight to WM!)
It is my wish, my desire and my dream that my country will soon be free of this shambolic Union, it'll be like finally getting rid of an abusive partner from a relationship.
Then, and only then, will we have the chance TO DECIDE FOR OURSELVES what is in the best interests of our own country. Whether to rejoin the EU. Whether to join a Nordic Trade Alliance. or Whatever.

On a related note, it is my firm belief that both the Scottish Independence referendum (2014) and the EU (Brexit) referendum were rigged. I have seen a stack of evidence regarding Postal Voting anomalies, Illegal pre-vote ad campaigns on social media platforms etc

So, how is this all affecting Scotland?
If we don't get OUT of the UK... and SOON.... We're pretty much fucked.

G

PS - The post about Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP's humiliating/embarrassing lighting up Brussels thing is a pile of poo, reported in a Tory rag.
The SNP NEVER EVER Stated that the lights were done BY the EU or by Brussels.
It was done to let the EU know that the Scottish Govt still "loves" them.
The actual statement (from NS) about "Brussels leaving a light on" for Scotland was in a Tweet which showed an image of the European Commission building in Brussels, with a projection showing SCOTLAND (heart) EUROPE AND a single office light on!! Her actual tweet was referencing that single light and said in full:
"The EU Commission building in Brussels tonight (and if you look carefully you’ll see that they do appear to have left a light on for us!) "
i.e. NS was JOKING about the single office light left on, not making any claims about Brussels or the EU projecting anything!!!!

One single sample source out of very many
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
minusculehail @"gordi"  WOW, well said and very understandable.

Sorry for the Misery you and your country men and women have to endure.
Hopefully One Day Soon there is an Independent Scotland and I fully Support this.

My husband told me Scotland was still being Used and Treated Like Second Class Citizens.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(02-05-2020, 11:41 PM)gordi Wrote: BoJo / Westminster and their media lapdogs continually lampoon Scotland, Scottish MP's and Scots in general...

You're not wrong, here's the result of a another dirty-tricks campaign.

Quote:Derek Mackay: Scottish finance secretary quits over messages to boy.

'Scotland's finance secretary has quit hours before delivering his budget amid reports that he
messaged a 16-year-old boy on social media. The Scottish Sun said that Derek Mackay
contacted the boy over a six-month period, and told him that he was "cute".

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7122]

Mr Mackay said he had "behaved foolishly" and took full responsibility for his actions.
And he apologised "unreservedly" to the boy and his family.

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said she had accepted Mr Mackay's resignation, adding: "Derek
has made a significant contribution to government, however he recognises that his behaviour has
failed to meet the standards required."

Scottish Conservative leader Jackson Carlaw called on Mr Mackay to also stand down from the
Scottish Parliament, saying his behaviour could "constitute the grooming of a young individual".
The newspaper detailed allegations that the 42-year-old politician contacted the boy "out of the blue"
in August of last year and sent about 270 messages on Instagram and through Facebook.

It has published a list of messages - the most recent of which is from earlier this week - involving Mr
Mackay and the boy, in which its says the SNP MSP invited him to dinner and to attend a rugby event.

The newspaper also reported that Mr Mackay contacted the boy several times on Christmas Day, and
told him on another occasion that he was "looking good with that new haircut".
In one of the exchanges, Mr Mackay is said to have told the teenager he was "cute".
In another the boy confirmed he was 16 and tells Mr Mackay "not to try anything".

The paper also quotes the boy's mother calling for Mr Mackay to be removed from his post.
In a statement released on Thursday morning, Mr Mackay said: "I take full responsibility for my actions.
I have behaved foolishly and I am truly sorry. I apologise unreservedly to the individual involved and his
family.

"I spoke last night with the first minister and tendered my resignation with immediate effect.
"Serving in government has been a huge privilege and I am sorry to have let colleagues and supporters
down."...'

Quote:'..The 42-year-old was also a major figure in the SNP, serving as business convener for seven years, a role
which saw him overseeing management of the party and chairing conferences and election campaigns.

Mr Mackay, who has been widely tipped as a future first minister, came out as gay when he left his wife in 2013...'
BBC:

I can understand your anger, G. Remember, I'm from the N-East of England and after the recent election,
the Government assured the 'northern' voters that investment would be coming our way.

Manchester -you may be aware, is not northern if you ask anyone from the Lake District, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne,
Carlisle and certainly not any town or city past Hadrian's Wall.

The sh*t-show that the media has encouraged with word-play is part of the problem with divisional 'weasel-words'
only being one way. We hear of the EU exporting x-amount of goods to the UK, but the same smear-merchant-media
never mention the actual products came from Austria, France, Cyprus, Germany, Bulgaria, Estonia, Croatia, Hungary
and the rest.

And when there's an issue within the EU -like the UK's exit for example, the media offers images of Merkel and Macron
scurrying about in smiling conversation and yet the leaders of the other 25 countries are rarely displayed.
Realities are difficult to find.

Keep the faith, mate.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)