Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bright light, possible meteor streaks across Arizona sky
Quote:Bright light, possible meteor streaks across Arizona sky.
The media, how Stupid, of course it was a Meteor. 
The attached videos in the article are pretty good.

Quote:PHOENIX - DID YOU SEE THAT?!

A huge streak of light brightened the sky early Thursday morning, prompting worry and curiosity from many Valley residents.
The first reports came in right around 4 a.m. from around the Valley and even in areas like Yuma, Flagstaff and Pine Top. Several callers also reported feeling the ground shake.
Watch the videos in the player above to see different views from ABC15 viewers around the Valley.
After dawn, a strange trail of cloud-like patterns was left in the sky.
ABC15 is working to verify whether a meteor was the source of a light and if so, if there are any impact sites.
The Arizona Geological Survey's seismic network didn't pick up any impacts.
Michael Conway of the survey says that could mean the meteor broke up in the sky and that the impacts of any remnants were too small to be recorded.
If you have photos or videos, please send them to share@abc15.com.
Link

The talking heads of the news outlets sure show the downfall of America's Education System!
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Yeah, it exploded and broke up in the air. that's what the series of flashes was about, rather than one big flash. I don't know about shaking the ground, but an observer might have thought so. It would take a mighty big, mighty loud explosion that far up to shake the ground, and that would probably have awakened everyone for miles around. However, when something explodes, one can feel the concussion (I can feel them in my chest, and guess that everyone can), even when the explosion is far away or otherwise minimized, so I think the person reporting the ground shaking may have been experiencing that sensation instead.

I think there may have been a minor earthquake here this evening. Grace and I were at Wally World, and I felt the floor bow up and down like a wave - but I reckon no one else felt it. I haven't checked to see if one happened here or not, as I don't want to know if I've started hallucinating. It felt to me like every other earthquake I've experienced (admittedly few, just 4 or 5 that were noticeable to me)... but there's always a good chance I just imagined it.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

You think you felt an earth quake, WOW,,, No one else seemed to notice?
Strange.
Here's an article about Quakes in New England.
Quote:Three earthquakes have rumbled near New England over the last four days – two of them on Tuesday alone.

Though earthquakes make for great conversation, there’s no indication here in New England that this recent uptick in tremors means anything larger is coming. 

• On May 28, at 8:10 a.m., a magnitude 2.5 quake rumbled northwest of Aroostook County, Maine, along the St. Lawrence River in Quebec, near La Malbaie.

• On Tuesday, May 31, at 11:54 a.m., a magnitude 2.0 quake rumbled just outside of Littleton, New Hampshire, in the northern part of the Granite State.

• Also on Tuesday, at 10:29 p.m., a magnitude 2.2 quake rumbled just about 30 miles east-northeast of Rockport, Massachusetts, in the Atlantic Ocean on the east end of Jeffreys Ledge, well known to New England mariners.

Not only were there no reports of damage, but for most New Englanders, the earthquakes went unnoticed – though seismograph data picked up on all three.
Link

I don't know if you're anywhere in that area.
Update,,,,,
Quote:HOENIX - DID YOU SEE THAT?!

A huge streak of light brightened the sky early Thursday morning, prompting worry and curiosity from many Valley residents.
The first reports came in right around 4 a.m. from around the Valley and even in areas like Yuma, Flagstaff and Pine Top. Several callers also reported feeling the ground shake.

After dawn, a strange trail of cloud-like patterns was left in the sky.
NASA estimates a small asteroid, approximately 10 feet in diameter with a mass in the tens of tons, entered the atmosphere above Arizona just before 4 a.m. Reports place the object 57 miles above the Tonto National Forest, east of Payson. It was last seen 22 miles above the forest.
According to NASA, there were no reports of any damage or injuries, only light and sonic booms.
NASA believes there are meteorites scattered on the ground north of Tucson.
NASA is having difficulties obtaining data on the fireball because many cameras were saturated by the bright light.
The Arizona Geological Survey's seismic network didn't pick up any impacts. Michael Conway of the survey says that could mean the object broke up in the sky and that the impacts of any remnants were too small to be recorded.
Astronomy expert Steve Kates, better known as "Dr. Sky", said it's a very likely chance that it was a meteor bolide, meaning "brighter than the sun."

Link
Some did say the ground Shook.