Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders.
@BIAD @Ninurta 

Guys...
Our hero has returned!

... and this time with Goblins! LOL

G
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8449]
(11-13-2021, 11:26 AM)gordi Wrote: @BIAD @Ninurta 

Guys...
Our hero has returned!

... and this time with Goblins! LOL

G

Good to see he's diversifying!

He may have started out with just pixies, but he graduated to wyrms, flying frog bats, and now goblins - I think he's showing growth!

“The nature of psychological compulsion is such that those who act under constraint remain under the impression that they are acting on their own initiative. The victim of mind-manipulation does not know that he is a victim. To him the walls of his prison are invisible, and he believes himself to be free. That he is not free is apparent only to other people.”

-Aldous Huxley

-- Got mask? Just sayin'...

I wanted to see the fishing traps!

It's the continuity that makes Erwin's videos work, the introduction of a pile of stones -completely irrelevant to
what he's taping and then a moss-covered pile to show the viewer that such structures were done long ago.
Or at least, to convince the viewer that rock-pile near the river was old and hence, not of his doing.

The third small pile was just to reinforce the notion that a culture exist that remains to be examined.
Another great piece of creative entertainment!
minusculethumbsup
[Image: attachment.php?aid=953]
"They watch from behind complacent smiles whilst polishing their cutlery. Yet, with egg between the prongs"
Due to the time of year in the UK, I thought Erwin might not bother until Spring. But no...
the intrepid Pixie-hunter was out and about!

"They watch from behind complacent smiles whilst polishing their cutlery. Yet, with egg between the prongs"
I can't sleep so I've spent the better wee hours of the morning reading through this all and watching the vids.

I'm smiling.  I think it's great.  Look forward to some more.  Funny old gentleman.

Cheers,

Bally:)
(01-05-2022, 03:56 PM)Bally002 Wrote: I can't sleep so I've spent the better wee hours of the morning reading through this all and watching the vids.

I'm smiling.  I think it's great.  Look forward to some more.  Funny old gentleman.

Cheers,

minusculethumbsup  And that's the key, Erwin isn't harming anyone, he's polite and in his bumbling way, sweet with a twist
of that 'Ye Olde Englishness' that's stereotyped a nation and can laugh at itself.

He makes you smile... then job done!
tinybiggrin
It;s good t see the franchise expanding, with Tom's channel. That bespeaks a confidence in the material, and longevity.

They do need to invest is a little bit of new equipment - a new microphone apparently, and perhaps a break-in period for such things as squeaky boots.

But Tom, on his channel, has the showmanship hook down-pat:

I must take exception to his video on ridding oneself of moss in the garden, however. That's just wrong. My favorite yard was a back yard I had that was entirely moss carpeted. I never had to mow it, it was always green, and it was a joy to encounter barefooted. The lowest maintenance yard I've ever had, and the most pleasant. On that count, Ton has it wrong...

“The nature of psychological compulsion is such that those who act under constraint remain under the impression that they are acting on their own initiative. The victim of mind-manipulation does not know that he is a victim. To him the walls of his prison are invisible, and he believes himself to be free. That he is not free is apparent only to other people.”

-Aldous Huxley

-- Got mask? Just sayin'...

(01-06-2022, 07:16 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I must take exception to his video on ridding oneself of moss in the garden, however. That's just wrong. My favorite yard was a back yard I had that was entirely moss carpeted. I never had to mow it, it was always green, and it was a joy to encounter barefooted. The lowest maintenance yard I've ever had, and the most pleasant. On that count, Ton has it wrong...

Moss makes a good putting green