Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders.
(05-03-2021, 08:45 PM)gordi Wrote: @"BIAD"   pssssst... He's BAAAACK!!!

I'm somewhat surprised that the Pixies didn't immediately attack with their hallucinogenic darts when the two started eating the Flying Saucers that Tom had left for an offering. I would think the Pixies were more protective of their offerings than that, and especially the Flying Saucer sort... 

Those bogs can be treacherous, for anyone whose never dealt with them. There was one in Ohio when I was a kid there that had 2 or 3 feet thick of dead moss matting floating on top of the water, and I used to go out on it just to watch the entire surface "wave" with every step I took. I never considered the possibility of falling through, but if I had I would never have been seen again until sometime in the far distant future when some peat cutter ran across my wizened but thoroughly tanned and preserved carcass.

Perhaps these Pixies are from another tribe? The environment there is far different from the woodland glens of his previous videos...

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(05-03-2021, 10:08 PM)Ninurta Wrote: I'm somewhat surprised that the Pixies didn't immediately attack with their hallucinogenic darts when the two started eating the Flying Saucers that Tom had left for an offering. I would think the Pixies were more protective of their offerings than that, and especially the Flying Saucer sort... 

Those bogs can be treacherous, for anyone whose never dealt with them. There was one in Ohio when I was a kid there that had 2 or 3 feet thick of dead moss matting floating on top of the water, and I used to go out on it just to watch the entire surface "wave" with every step I took. I never considered the possibility of falling through, but if I had I would never have been seen again until sometime in the far distant future when some peat cutter ran across my wizened but thoroughly tanned and preserved carcass.

Perhaps these Pixies are from another tribe? The environment there is far different from the woodland glens of his previous videos...

Erwin (are we really on first-name terms now?!) -during his explanation of his previous puzzling video, mentions that
the milestone he's leaning against is in Devon, a well-known Pixie hotspot. In this region, such beings are known as
'Piskies'.

So taking the the large rise in the backdrop of his video, I attempted to discover which stone circle he and Tom actually
visited. From some limited research, I believe the intrepid duo were in the environs of Sheeps Tor and the stone circle
they visited is Yellowmead Fourfold Stone Circle.

Most images on the internet don't show the growth of grass, gorse-bushes and reeds that seems to have altered the look
of the place, but my puzzlement was with the manner the inner-circle is shown. In Erwin and Tom's video, this group of
granite rocks seems smaller than in the photo below.
However, this could be simply due to the lens settings for a more panoramic view of the ring.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9324]

Which reminds me, I see Erwin is sporting a wedding ring! In earlier videos, such a band of matrimony is missing.
With his new-found fame, has our woolly-bearded hunter taken on a Mrs Saunders to sew his dart-wounds and purchase
his pre-packed sandwiches? Or has Tom and Erwin tied the knot due to their bonded interest of this elusive little-people?
Stay tuned, I guess.

One of the comments I often saw regarding the Bronze Age Yellowmead megalithic site is that the circle is a 'portal'. Maybe
the gorse-flower-carrying Pisky uses it as a mode of travel from his more foliage-covered haven. Whatever the answer, I'm
sure we'll discover more intriguing aspects of Fae lifestyles when accompany Erwin and Tom on their next expedition.
Make sure you have a pocket-full of flying saucers!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(05-04-2021, 10:04 AM)BIAD Wrote: [Image: attachment.php?aid=9324]

Well Done @"BIAD" - Some Super Saunders Sleuthing there!
I must say that I was quite concerned by the prospect of a Panoramic view of your ring, but perhaps the Gorse fronds are purposefully placed to hide the blushes of the Ring owner? or not!

Our mate "Eddie" or should it now be "Wed-die"? (see what I did there? LOL) seems to be getting quite a following on his tubby channel... and most seem to be.... uhm.... "going along with" his Pisky-Vision!
Fantastic.

minusculebeercheersG
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
(05-04-2021, 10:11 AM)gordi Wrote: Well Done @"BIAD" - Some Super Saunders Sleuthing there!
I must say that I was quite concerned by the prospect of a Panoramic view of your ring, but perhaps the Gorse
fronds are purposefully placed to hide the blushes of the Ring owner? or not!
mediumfacepalm Don't tell me... BIAD's been sending you his Polaroids. I strongly advised you not to give him your address
because I knew this sort of behaviour would rear its ugly head again. I'll speak with him and get him stop sitting on his
camera.
tinyhuh

Erwin is the goodness we need right now.
tinybiggrin
(05-04-2021, 10:04 AM)BIAD Wrote: Erwin (are we really on first-name terms now?!) -during his explanation of his previous puzzling video, mentions that
the milestone he's leaning against is in Devon, a well-known Pixie hotspot. In this region, such beings are known as
'Piskies'.

So taking the the large rise in the backdrop of his video, I attempted to discover which stone circle he and Tom actually
visited. From some limited research, I believe the intrepid duo were in the environs of Sheeps Tor and the stone circle
they visited is Yellowmead Fourfold Stone Circle.

Most images on the internet don't show the growth of grass, gorse-bushes and reeds that seems to have altered the look
of the place, but my puzzlement was with the manner the inner-circle is shown. In Erwin and Tom's video, this group of
granite rocks seems smaller than in the photo below.
However, this could be simply due to the lens settings for a more panoramic view of the ring.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9324]

Which reminds me, I see Erwin is sporting a wedding ring! In earlier videos, such a band of matrimony is missing.
With his new-found fame, has our woolly-bearded hunter taken on a Mrs Saunders to sew his dart-wounds and purchase
his pre-packed sandwiches? Or has Tom and Erwin tied the knot due to their bonded interest of this elusive little-people?
Stay tuned, I guess.

One of the comments I often saw regarding the Bronze Age Yellowmead megalithic site is that the circle is a 'portal'. Maybe
the gorse-flower-carrying Pisky uses it as a mode of travel from his more foliage-covered haven. Whatever the answer, I'm
sure we'll discover more intriguing aspects of Fae lifestyles when accompany Erwin and Tom on their next expedition.
Make sure you have a pocket-full of flying saucers!

Without a doubt, you have identified the precise location. The hill on the horizon matches, and I went between the images matching stone for stone the circles, and they match. The field in the background gave me pause, but it appears the the one in the first image has been fallowed, and an adjacent *triangular shaped) field pressed into service in the second image.

The apparent discrepancy in the circle sizes is down to perspective. The newer image is farther from the center of the monument (the fourth ring is visible in it, but not in the older image) and the lens setting for the panorama has created something of a "fisheye" effect, although not too pronounced. The elevation of the camera in the more recent image is also a bit higher than in the older image, making the central ring appear a little more "open", but all of the stones that are visible in both images match.

Now I know who to go to when I want a location found!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(05-04-2021, 11:42 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Without a doubt, you have identified the precise location. The hill on the horizon matches, and I went between the images matching stone for stone the circles, and they match. The field in the background gave me pause, but it appears the the one in the first image has been fallowed, and an adjacent *triangular shaped) field pressed into service in the second image.

The apparent discrepancy in the circle sizes is down to perspective. The newer image is farther from the center of the monument (the fourth ring is visible in it, but not in the older image) and the lens setting for the panorama has created something of a "fisheye" effect, although not too pronounced. The elevation of the camera in the more recent image is also a bit higher than in the older image, making the central ring appear a little more "open", but all of the stones that are visible in both images match.

Now I know who to go to when I want a location found!

From further reading, it seems some restoration was done to reinstall a number of the outer stones.
There is also a cairn northeast of the circle.

Here's a chap who -like others, perceives the Yellowmead site as a whole spiral.

(05-04-2021, 02:56 PM)BIAD Wrote: From further reading, it seems some restoration was done to reinstall a number of the outer stones.
There is also a cairn northeast of the circle.

Here's a chap who -like others, perceives the Yellowmead site as a whole spiral.

A spiral, or perhaps the decayed remains of an ancient Labyrinth?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9328]

(05-04-2021, 09:34 PM)Ninurta Wrote: A spiral, or perhaps the decayed remains of an ancient Labyrinth?

There are 'Mizmazes' in the UK, mazes made of turf. The idea of a labyrinth could've been
imported in from other countries, but finding a date of the few Mizmazes remaining is difficult.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9329]

However, not all of the few Mizmazes in England belong to a forgotten age.
The 'City of Troy' turf-maze at Dalby-cum Skewsby in the North Riding of Yorkshire is the smallest
maze in Europe, being only twenty-six feet by twenty-two feet.

It's believed to have been cut in 1857 by a Robert Hutton, who copied the pattern from a newspaper
that lined his lunch basket.
tinyhuh

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9330]

(05-05-2021, 11:43 AM)BIAD Wrote: However, not all of the few Mizmazes in England belong to a forgotten age.
The 'City of Troy' turf-maze at Dalby-cum Skewsby in the North Riding of Yorkshire is the smallest
maze in Europe, being only twenty-six feet by twenty-two feet.

It's believed to have been cut in 1857 by a Robert Hutton, who copied the pattern from a newspaper
that lined his lunch basket.
tinyhuh

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9330]

That appears to have the same form, shape, and layout of the ancient ones that were carved on the megalithic tombs, like the image I posted above.

I remember watching a show by Michael Tellinger when I was subscribed to GAIA t.v.  He talked about how stones absorb energy from the earth and transmit it above ground. The Ancients arranged the rocks in a certain pattern for a reason. Apparently, they create a certain tone or energy that was needed for some reason back then. They were much more advanced in that type of thing than we are today. 
The crop circles/mazes probably produce a similar effect on the human body when walked along a certain path.
(05-05-2021, 04:25 PM)Ninurta Wrote: That appears to have the same form, shape, and layout of the ancient ones that were carved on the megalithic tombs, like the image I posted above.

That's why I'm not sure whether the idea of a maze had been imported further back before standing stone circles or not.
It's said that the Greeks and Cretans had their labyrinths back in 430 BC and history tells us this was the origin of a maze
design, but the first English stone circles were erected 2500–3000 BC.

This doesn't explain the 'spiral'-like pattern, but it's a little confusing.
I've been digging around the 'net and found that some folk believe our Erwin is really this guy...

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9334]
Paul Smith.

Some say Smith is connected to a business mention before here, a company called 'Busty Kelp'
Busty Kelp deals with CGI and special-effects for television, a YouTube video of a single 'Pixie' is
believed to have been created by them.

However, the images shown above (the ones NOT Erwin!) are of MICHAEL Paul Smith, someone
who creates models of Americana times. Cars and backgrounds of a bygone age that looked superb.
Here's some of his work.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9335]

The only problem is Michael Paul Smith passed away in 2018!

(05-05-2021, 04:53 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(05-05-2021, 04:25 PM)Ninurta Wrote: That appears to have the same form, shape, and layout of the ancient ones that were carved on the megalithic tombs, like the image I posted above.

That's why I'm not sure whether the idea of a maze had been imported further back before standing stone circles or not.
It's said that the Greeks and Cretans had their labyrinths back in 430 BC and history tells us this was the origin of a maze
design, but the first English stone circles were erected 2500–3000 BC.

This doesn't explain the 'spiral'-like pattern, but it's a little confusing.

Well, the confusion seems to arise in the myth of Theseus and the Minotaur. The Cretan "labyrinth" of Minotaur fame is described as a maze, but the labyrinth I posted, which is found carved into many an ancient stone around megalithic tombs of long ago, is not actually a "maze" as we think of them now. It has a unicursive (uni="one", cursus="pathway") path which is only one single path, albeit with some torturous sharp turns that cause it to fold back upon itself, but never cross over itself, and with no dead ends.

Even the central chamber is not a "dead end" - it is the beginning of a new journey, the outward journey, after completion of the inward journey.

I believe it is said that the great engineer of mythological old, Daedalus, is the one who constructed the Cretan Labyrinth to house the Minotaur, and it is further claimed that he did so in such a canny manner that he, the designer and builder, could nearly not even find his way out when it was finished.

The older, unicursal sort of labyrinth is said to have some unusual properties. Walking the torturous path frees the mind up from the necessity of making decisions, as there is only one way to go, and thus it calms the mind, a sort of meditative exercise. It is further claimed in some circles that it is a sort of "portal", which may be closer to our narrative here. The Morsu Pixies may be using the portal property to travel back and forth between home and Piskie Land. Canny Erwin obviously sussed that out, and ran to the outlet of the portal to film our latest Pixie in Piskie Land.

He is either a man far ahead of his time, or so far behind his time that his wisdom is showing!

It may not be an "either/or" proposition. there is no real reason both cannot be mutually supportive. Perhaps the portal aspect cannot be realized until the mind is sufficiently calmed by the monotonous walk to get to the center, to get one's self "centered" as it were.

So the question remains - If Erwin had walked that recursive unicursal path, and tuned up his mind and energies thereby, could he have conceivably transported himself back to Morsu territory?

Is that, in fact, what happened to our elusive Pixie? is that where he actually disappeared to after installing the gorse-flower offering on the altar of the labyrinth?

Are the gorse-flowers perhaps some sort of tuning element necessary for function of the portal? Or perhaps to tune it to the proper outlet location?

Inquiring minds want to know! Brother Erwin, has some experimentation to do!

(05-05-2021, 09:36 PM)BIAD Wrote: I've been digging around the 'net and found that some folk believe our Erwin is really this guy...

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9334]
Paul Smith.

The gent at lower left, and the one at bottom center, are not the same at the other four faces. The other four are indeed the same man, but entirely different from those two. The face is rounder than the hatted men, the eyebrows different, the nose is more blunt at it's extremity and wider across the nares. Also the beard pattern is different. Mr. Smith's beard climbs higher on the cheeks, but the real tell is the beard-line below his lower lip. That area on Erwin and the lower left Hat Man are both more similar to my own. There is a natural "soul patch", with bald areas to either side of it. In Mr. Smith, the beard line uniformly reaches his lower lip, all across the lower lip. No bald patches.

I'm not convinced that both Hat Men are the same individual, either. Erwin has a rounder face, and a more blunt nose than the other Hat Man, but in support of the notion, their cheek bones are night indistiguishable.

Quote:Some say Smith is connected to a business mention before here, a company called 'Busty Kelp'
Busty Kelp deals with CGI and special-effects for television, a YouTube video of a single 'Pixie' is
believed to have been created by them.

However, the images shown above (the ones NOT Erwin!) are of MICHAEL Paul Smith, someone
who creates models of Americana times. Cars and backgrounds of a bygone age that looked superb.
Here's some of his work.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9335]

The only problem is Michael Paul Smith passed away in 2018! 

I can see, in a roundabout way, how being deceased might lead to difficulties in making new video as Erwin has recently done...

... but, on the other hand, there might be something to this "portal" theory!

(05-05-2021, 11:21 PM)Ninurta Wrote: The gent at lower left, and the one at bottom center, are not the same at the other four faces. The other four are indeed the same man, but entirely different from those two. The face is rounder than the hatted men, the eyebrows different, the nose is more blunt at it's extremity and wider across the nares. Also the beard pattern is different. Mr. Smith's beard climbs higher on the cheeks, but the real tell is the beard-line below his lower lip. That area on Erwin and the lower left Hat Man are both more similar to my own. There is a natural "soul patch", with bald areas to either side of it. In Mr. Smith, the beard line uniformly reaches his lower lip, all across the lower lip. No bald patches.

I'm not convinced that both Hat Men are the same individual, either. Erwin has a rounder face, and a more blunt nose than the other Hat Man, but in support of the notion, their cheek bones are night indistinguishable.

Yeah, I should've set out the images better. The bottom two you mentioned were comparisons, the contemporary Erwin in the middle
and an alleged earlier version of him at the bottom left. I do see what you mean about the differences.

I believe the mix-up with the person called Robert Smith of the Busty Kelp CGI company and the deceased chap  (Michael Paul Smith)
from Massachusetts is due to Michael Paul Smith looking a bit like Erwin and a creator named Paul Smith of -supposedly, Busty Kelp.

The Busty Kelp website is down for renovations at the moment, but a quote from there states:
"Work. Various examples of directing work. An Award-Winning Title sequence for BBC's 'Match of the Day' directed
and animated by Paul Smith at Busty Kelp."

However, there is another Paul Smith who also deals with animation, a Director and Co-Founder of a company called CGEye Ltd
It could well be that these names and the CGI aspect have just become all jumbled-up! This -of course, doesn't help the mystery.

Maybe it's just easier to accept Erwin Saunders and his young compatriot as Pixie-hunters along with their quarry as all real.
tinybiggrin
Erwin -without Tom, is bravely back at the spot where the Pixies attempted to drug him with their arrows.
Rogue Nation may also need to either sponsor him or send him coffee!!

The topic of the Wyrm is also discussed.

(05-04-2021, 09:34 PM)Ninurta Wrote: A spiral, or perhaps the decayed remains of an ancient Labyrinth?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9328]

I popped in to let @BIAD know that Erwin was back with a new video, but I see that he has that covered already.

So, while I'm here... There is a nice stone labyrinth of this design in a dramatic setting beneath an ancient castle in Dunure (Ayrshire). Haven't you got links to that particular area @Ninurta ?
I've taken my boys there a few times in the past, but unfortunately.... the labyrinth is apparently a very recent addition to the site and not an ancient one! Booooo!!!!!
It's still a lovely place to visit.

[Image: IMG_20180508_083434_260.jpg]

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/dunure-labyrinth

cheers!
G
(05-06-2021, 08:43 AM)BIAD Wrote: Yeah, I should've set out the images better. The bottom two you mentioned were comparisons, the contemporary Erwin in the middle
and an alleged earlier version of him at the bottom left. I do see what you mean about the differences.

I believe the mix-up with the person called Robert Smith of the Busty Kelp CGI company and the deceased chap  (Michael Paul Smith)
from Massachusetts is due to Michael Paul Smith looking a bit like Erwin and a creator named Paul Smith of -supposedly, Busty Kelp.

The Busty Kelp website is down for renovations at the moment, but a quote from there states:
"Work. Various examples of directing work. An Award-Winning Title sequence for BBC's 'Match of the Day' directed
and animated by Paul Smith at Busty Kelp."

However, there is another Paul Smith who also deals with animation, a Director and Co-Founder of a company called CGEye Ltd
It could well be that these names and the CGI aspect have just become all jumbled-up! This -of course, doesn't help the mystery.

Maybe it's just easier to accept Erwin Saunders and his young compatriot as Pixie-hunters along with their quarry as all real.
tinybiggrin

Just to muddy the waters a bit...
The Paul Smith of Bustykelp fame actually still has a VERY OLD youtube channel which is still active.

https://www.youtube.com/user/bustykelp

Guess what the main video subject matter is...?
Yup, CGI Pixies!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9397]

(Look at the background locations used in the videos too - especially the first one.)

Paul Smith also has several CGI tutorial videos on youtubby, like THIS ONE hosted by MAYA Learning Channel from Sept 2020.
We don't see him, but we DO hear his voice AND.... it has a very VERY similar accent to Mr Erwin Saunders!
Albeit.... maybe a bit younger sounding??

I think that the image of Paul Smith (bottom left of BIAD's earlier composite image) looks remarkably like Erwin, but maybe a bit younger and slimmer?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9398]

Now, could that be an OLD image of Paul Smith and he IS in fact Erwin himself (putting on an older, more bumbling voice), or (given that his voice (on the CGI tutorial video) sounds younger than Erwin's but with the same accent/tone....) could Erwin in fact be closely related to Paul Smith?

My current thinking is that either:
Erwin IS Paul Smith of Busty Kelp,
or that Erwin is actually Paul Smith's dad, and that "film-maker" Tom is probably Paul Smith!

... or it's entirely real.
tinybiggrin

G

(05-21-2021, 12:29 PM)gordi Wrote: Just to muddy the waters a bit...
The Paul Smith of Bustykelp fame actually still has a VERY OLD youtube channel which is still active.

https://www.youtube.com/user/bustykelp

Guess what the main video subject matter is...?
Yup, CGI Pixies!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9397]

(Look at the background locations used in the videos too - especially the first one.)

Paul Smith also has several CGI tutorial videos on youtubby, like THIS ONE hosted by MAYA Learning Channel from Sept 2020.
We don't see him, but we DO hear his voice AND.... it has a very VERY similar accent to Mr Erwin Saunders!
Albeit.... maybe a bit younger sounding??

I think that the image of Paul Smith (bottom left of BIAD's earlier composite image) looks remarkably like Erwin, but maybe a bit younger and slimmer?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9398]

Now, could that be an OLD image of Paul Smith and he IS in fact Erwin himself (putting on an older, more bumbling voice), or (given that his voice (on the CGI tutorial video) sounds younger than Erwin's but with the same accent/tone....) could Erwin in fact be closely related to Paul Smith?

My current thinking is that either:
Erwin IS Paul Smith of Busty Kelp,
or that Erwin is actually Paul Smith's dad, and that "film-maker" Tom is probably Paul Smith!

... or it's entirely real.
tinybiggrin

G

Nice catch Big Man!
I think in the second-from-last video -or his 'return' video, there's a small clip of Erwin and Tom
sitting at a table in a dimly-lit pub. The scene is only shown for a couple of seconds and from the
length of Erwin's hair, I'd say it was taken years ago.

That quick glance of the animated Erwin explaining something to Tom over a pint of beer looks
remarkably like the left-hand image above.

Your suggestion that 'Tom' may be 'Paul Smith' is not a bad call, their easy interaction seems built
on a long relationship.