Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
There Really Is A Flat Earth Society
(02-24-2018, 07:20 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(02-23-2018, 06:19 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I've heard some whistle-blowers say the Earth was more oval shape than round.  I don't care one way or the other, as long as we have gravity that keeps my feet on the ground.  I don't understand why people are in such an uproar about it. minusculethinking

I'm not sure why it would take whistle blowers to disseminate common knowledge. The Earth IS slightly oval - in technical terms, it's an "oblate spheroid". It's actually a few miles wider at the equator than it is tall from pole to pole, making it slightly oval in cross section. That's because the rotation of the Earth produces a slight bulge at the equator.

I didn't mean the whistle blowers were the only ones who knew, I just meant that's where I heard it.  I should make myself more clear in what I post, I suppose.
I haven't heard Admiral Byrd say anything about a vast opening in the South Pole.
I'm not sure where the Hollow Earthers are getting their claims and the Flat Earthers that claim Bird supports their Wall Of Ice Claims,,,,, I just don't hear it being mentioned.

Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
mediumfacepalm And a YouTube vehicle advertising!

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Question, if the earth is flat, why is it the higher one is the further one can see ??
(12-23-2018, 05:45 PM)Wallfire Wrote: Question, if the earth is flat, why is it the higher one is the further one can see ??

Stop complicating things!!!!
smallcrackingup
(12-23-2018, 05:45 PM)Wallfire Wrote: Question, if the earth is flat, why is it the higher one is the further one can see ??

OK,   minusculethinking I'm confused,,,,,  smalltappinghead I need another drink!  Smile
As civilisation tumbles further into degenerate mayhem, the asylum door slams open again and out comes...

Quote:Flat Earthers announce cruise in ‘boldest adventure yet’ – but they will be in for a shock.

A group of people who believe the Earth is flat have announced their “biggest, boldest,
best adventure yet” –but it’s left people in stitches.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5079]

'Flat Earthers remain convinced of a NASA cover-up and claim the world’s governments are
staging a massive disinformation campaign to convince people the Earth is round.
According to them the Earth is actually a massive disc sitting suspended in space.

And now the Flat Earth International Conference has announced they are organising a cruise
for 2020. But people have pointed out a major flaw.

The navigational systems cruise ships, and other vessels, use rely on the fact that the Earth is not flat.
Responding to the announcement on Twitter, one user replied: “You couldn’t make this up” while another
added: “I hope this is the end of this theory”.

“Ships navigate based on the principle that the Earth is round,” said Henk Keijer, a former cruise ship
captain who sailed all over the globe during a 23-year career.
“Nautical charts are designed with that in mind: that the Earth is round.”

Keijer, who now works as a forensic marine expert for Robson Forensic, said the existence of GPS,
the global positioning system, alone is proof that the Earth is a sphere, not a flat disc. GPS relies on
24 main satellites which orbit the Earth to provide positional and navigational information.
“The reason why 24 satellites were used is because on the curvature of the Earth,” Keijer said.

“A minimum of three satellites are required to determine a position.
"But someone located on the other side of the Earth would also like to know their position, so they also
require a certain number of satellites.

“Had the Earth been flat, a total of three satellites would have been enough to provide this information to
everyone on Earth. But it is not enough, because the Earth is round.”
The FEIC did not respond to requests for more information on the Flat Earth cruise. 

Even celebrities have endorsed the theory, including cricketer Freddie Flintoff, rapper B.o.B and NBA
player Kyrie Irving. And they’re not alone.
Several Flat Earth Conferences are now held around the world.
And the movement came to the UK last year, with the Flat Earth UK Convention in Birmingham, which
drew around 200 paying attendees.

NASA has proved that the Earth is round using satellites, GPS and images from space, but “Flat Earthers”
believe the space agency is lying...'
SOURCE:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: if-earth-is-flat-what-is-on-the-other-side-5284623.png] [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0WF5Uwq4HyfOGAYQna18...eQsTKSxqRl][Image: flatearthshruf_940w.gif]
Al Gore should investigate.
I don't understand what the big deal is. 
What does it matter whether Earth is flat or round?  We have a place in the galaxy to live and grow. Isn't that what's important?

The nonsense people focus on leaves me bewildered.  The whole world has gone mad.
Bump, Bump and BUMP!
Yes, I too want to know what tools are being use to Prove The Earth Is FLAT. Okay?  tinybiggrin
This was bothering me, so I found this video. 
It is not a long video, only 18 minutes.
 "US Coast Guard. State your cause."
"Hello, vessel in distress, I repeat: vessel in distress."
"Please elaborate."
"I was on the beach with my family and I saw this ship go away from us and it is gradually sinking."
"Sir, are you by any chance a flat Earther?"
"Yes, why?"
click

Oh, and naturally there is a growing movement in yes you guess it, California, The State of Nutz!

So, you Flat Earther's  how do you answer these videos?
If anyone is really interested in these flat-earth "debates", you need to watch SciManDan and ConspiracyCatz on youtubby!

Very informative and entertaining!

SciManDans channel on YT

Conspiracy Catz Channel on YT

G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
(02-22-2018, 04:17 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(02-22-2018, 01:52 PM)guohua Wrote:
(02-22-2018, 10:38 AM)BIAD Wrote: Has anyone considered all of this might be a typing error and what they really meant was the Earth is 'Fat'?
tinyhuh

:mediumomg:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not fat-shaming the planet... although I expect an 'HOW DARE YOU?!' email from
Jupiter and Saturn suggesting that my next targets are storm blemishes and orbiting rings.
tinywondering

On a less crazier note (really?!) How does this ice-wall remain frozen...? and is the convenience of it being
right around the flat-earth's rim -and savng ships from falling of the edge, evidence that a higher force is
involved?
And can we say that this eternal ice-wall is evidence that climate change is bollocks?

It's fascinating... I have hundreds of questions. Some of them involve possible winter Olympics venues
and wondering what would happen if we all gather at one side of the flat planet.

This theory would certainly help in assuring people that any gigantic meteor shouldn't really wipe us out,
but instead, just flip us over when it strikes. Maybe hand-holds should be bolted to the ground.

Anyway, the Attendant is here with my medication, so I'll slip back into my 'special' jacket and ponder
some more.
tinysurprised
Jupiter and Saturn don't take offence.  Uranus does.  It's always round.  And not as large as the other 2 gas giants.  Doesn't take nicely to be considered a hole of a place to visit.  I am putting together a sign.  "Uranus matters".  

Kind regars,

Bally:)
That planet needs a new name.  (Something like, "Urectum"). Would have been a better project for science than de-listing Pluto as a planet.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

When I was a small boy, there used to be a man who would occasionally walk up to a bunch of kids and
jabber on incoherently about subjects that always left us bewildered and afraid that his spittle-firing
rants had something to with being ass-raped.
tinyhuh

With dog-eared pieces of paper in hand, this forty-something year-old would wander the streets looking
for someone who wouldn't just shoo him away -as in adults, and attempt to seek out those were willing
to listen to his breathless blather.

The man's behaviour usually stopped when his heavy-set mother used to appear and order him to get
home. After apologising for his wild conduct, she would amble off with the man offering his scribbles
and trying to explain what fascinated him.

Of course, like any group of kids, theories of why this strange man acted the way he did, were many.
Some say he was part of a secret experiment that went wrong and others preferred the idea that he'd
been electrocuted as a child and that was why he behaved so oddly.

The favourite theory assumption was that he was a brilliant scientist that was tipped over the edge of
sanity by discovering some esoteric cypher (we didn't use these words!) that revealed something so
profound, the human mind just couldn't handle it.

The reason for the above story and the theory of 'Flat Earth'...? it isn't that this simpleton once told of
this concept, it's to show that in past times, idiots were rarely listened to and scarcely ever taken
seriously.

The supposition of the Flat Earthers is the same as this guy's rantings, it's just that the babbling dolt 
didn't have the internet to display his lunatic beliefs. There was a time when we believed the sun used
to die every night and shaman's can call down the lightning... let's not go back to that ignorance again,
huh?
minusculenonono
Quote:let's not go back to that ignorance again, huh

Too late, we're already there.  People actually believe entertainers have something useful to say about domestic politics and foreign policy.

Cheers

(07-17-2020, 09:14 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: That planet needs a new name.  (Something like, "Urectum"). Would have been a better project for science than de-listing Pluto as a planet.

Cheers

Perhaps Kadashian.  Bout the same size from a rear view.
(07-17-2020, 09:22 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote:
Quote:let's not go back to that ignorance again, huh

Too late, we're already there.  People actually believe entertainers have something useful to say about domestic politics and foreign policy.

Cheers

Oh so true!

When Ellen Degenerate can announce that living in a luxurious home is like being in jail, it shows how bad we
have become as sheep and how far from reality we actually are.
minusculethumbsup
@"BIAD" 

I am mildly surprised they refused the bail request of Maxwell and did not allow her to live in a luxury hotel in Manhattan.

Sorry, GMax, it is the Greybar Hotel for you.

Cheers

(07-17-2020, 09:14 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: That planet needs a new name.  (Something like, "Urectum").
Cheers

Perhaps, but there'd still be a lot of gas coming out of that place..
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
@"Bally002" 
Quote:I am putting together a sign.  "Uranus matters".  

[Image: e1bfca8826453b9952b432d50c11c46d--uranus...you-to.jpg]