Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Media platforms: Rogue Nation continued growth
(01-23-2018, 05:23 AM)Grace Wrote:
(01-21-2018, 04:11 PM)guohua Wrote: Very True, But, if a topic causes a person to leave because it goes against what they believe, then they, themselves believed and supported and trusted in that belief, should they Fight or point out Flaws in the other persons topic and point out the Truth in their Belief?
Then it goes to show the Hatred they have for your Belief or Shame or Actual Lack Of Knowledge in their Belief or Topic.
JMHO

I think your misunderstanding what I'm suggesting.  I'm suggesting setting up some debates between members (fake debates if you will) in order to show diversity of opinion until which time we have actual diversity of opinion ss a way to attract people of varying beliefs...

I'm suggesting that by showing diversity of opinion  (which we dont now have in large part) we will essentially be encouraging lurkers to join and post.

You'll never make everyone happy all the time. Some people might join and leave - others might join and stay on... it's just a thought to attract more people.

Excellent, YES, Very Engenius.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(01-23-2018, 05:53 AM)guohua Wrote:
(01-23-2018, 05:23 AM)Grace Wrote:
(01-21-2018, 04:11 PM)guohua Wrote: Very True, But, if a topic causes a person to leave because it goes against what they believe, then they, themselves believed and supported and trusted in that belief, should they Fight or point out Flaws in the other persons topic and point out the Truth in their Belief?
Then it goes to show the Hatred they have for your Belief or Shame or Actual Lack Of Knowledge in their Belief or Topic.
JMHO

I think your misunderstanding what I'm suggesting.  I'm suggesting setting up some debates between members (fake debates if you will) in order to show diversity of opinion until which time we have actual diversity of opinion ss a way to attract people of varying beliefs...

I'm suggesting that by showing diversity of opinion  (which we dont now have in large part) we will essentially be encouraging lurkers to join and post.

You'll never make everyone happy all the time. Some people might join and leave - others might join and stay on... it's just a thought to attract more people.

Excellent, YES, Very Engenius.
One of the great things about this place is that it has remarkably honest people, and respect.
To go down the path of dishonesty will just make this site a cheep false empty place like so many others.
Diversity often means bending to the lowest level, as the lowest level cannot rise to a higher level, we all know another site that tried this and what happened.
I think that the quality of posts & threads is one of the most important things. (For retaining members)
Interesting topics, well researched and well presented, with intelligent comment and debate.
Minimal "nonsense", childish, one-liner, smart arse comments, personal attacks, sniping, etc
And No Spam!

We do quite well at that already I think.

What we're maybe not doing so well is attracting brand new members.
How do new members find us in the first place?
You won't ever see our FB page unless you search for it or someone recommends it to you...

Word of Mouth?
Adverts?
All of us dropping specific links in our own social media feeds (if we have them)?

I wish I knew.

G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
I would like to believe we're a website that will be a fair place to come when all the current madness
dies down and decent discourse will be sought.

The idea that two opposing opinions can have equal merit and be honourable in their positions, is regularly
maintained here without the need for name-calling. Granted, the earlier US election brought emotions based
on 'I-just-don't-like-him/her' perceptions, but in my view, political arenas have become nothing more than
'game-show' free-for-alls with subtly abusive pithy rhetoric.

Like Gordi suggested, we tend not to be the place for the one-liners of insult and at the moment, maybe
we're not sexy enough!
And again, quality for posts with members engaged in polite, noble discussion is paramount for those still
out there who wish to find a place away from the squabbling egoists.
minusculethumbsup

P.S By the way, the baiting media doesn't help!
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
@"Wallfire" , @"gordi" , @"BIAD"  and Grace.
You all make Sense and I think you're all correct.
How do we get recognized?
Word of Mouth and Links through Social Media, I also think a Youtube listing with a member or two or three discussing threads.
@"gordi" ,,,, your thoughts on that.
(01-23-2018, 02:03 PM)guohua Wrote: @"Wallfire" , @"gordi" , @"BIAD"  and Grace.
Word of Mouth and Links through Social Media, I also think a Youtube listing with a member or two or three discussing threads.

Well, Youtube videos are great and can be very informative (and entertaining) if done correctly.

But, like FB... if you don't search for us specifically, (...and even if you DO!) it'll automatically direct you to what IT wants you to see.
Even when I use exact (and correct) search terms for videos that I KNOW are listed, I often get "misdirected" to similarly named videos or "popular" videos that have similar general subject matter.

I suspect that it's all payment (or ad) driven?

e.g. search for "Rogue Nation" on youtube and the first 100+ videos suggested for you are ALL about the movie "Mission Impossible - Rogue Nation" even though you didn't use "Mission Impossible" in the search terms!

I LIKE the idea of RN videos.... but the same problem crops up.... HOW do we get potential new members to even find them??
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
(01-23-2018, 05:05 PM)gordi Wrote:
(01-23-2018, 02:03 PM)guohua Wrote: @"Wallfire" , @"gordi" , @"BIAD"  and Grace.

Well, Youtube videos are great and can be very informative (and entertaining) if done correctly.

But, like FB... if you don't search for us specifically, (...and even if you DO!)  it'll automatically direct you to what IT wants you to see.
Even when I use exact (and correct) search terms for videos that I KNOW are listed, I often get "misdirected" to similarly named videos or "popular" videos that have similar general subject matter.

I suspect that it's all payment (or ad) driven?

e.g. search for "Rogue Nation" on youtube and the first 100+ videos suggested for you are ALL about the movie "Mission Impossible - Rogue Nation" even though you didn't use "Mission Impossible" in the search terms!

I LIKE the idea of RN videos.... but the same problem crops up.... HOW do we get potential new members to even find them??

Good Point, You're right, I've tried to find us through Google, I don't get our site to come up.
Don't tell anyone,,,,,, ssssshhhhhhhhhh,,,, it's our Secret,,,, but I'm a little Old to be working Google or Youtube Magic.
[Image: f7b07613c13f90f540bf543ef15c96d1--one-da...st-day.jpg]
Running a website has never been, and never will be, an easy task. Looking from the outside, it does seem easy peasy but the time needed to do so is paramount.

Unfortunately, the same applies for having it found and looked at.

No matter the venue to have RN out there, it takes time and an enormous commitment. We would all enjoy having youtube videos out there, radio shows out there, social medias out there but again, the ones going through the hoops know this: It takes time and not all have as much time on their hands as they'd wish to.

One great point has been made within this thread, we are not visible unless someone enters the right words. And even then, as Gordi mentioned, run Rogue Nation through search engines and it becomes a Mission Impossible galore.

Attracting new members is extremely difficult, keeping them as well. Rogue Nation has diversity, from different continents, which allows exciting point of views. Personally, I think that the approach has to be made on a personal basis. Members asking people if they'd be interested in looking at a website that stands different from the others, as per their ways of respectfully communicating.

When RN started, some of us would do so through the site that shall not be named until the pms became no longer private and hammers started falling on us, post banned or totally banned being the result. But it did work, for a while.

Then again, some of those members have left. It is tough to go from a website where you post a thread or a reply and get an reply within minutes to here, where you get a reply within hours or even days sometimes.

To keep a momentum of threads and comments going, we need people that again, do have a lot of time on their hands. Not everyone's case.

It's a vicious circle. For many of us, life happens. Be it illness, sick or hurt, work, personal life, time becomes limited and no one should be held accountable for that. Life happens.

So what is the solution?

Your guess is as good as mine. But I do believe that we should go back to basics; personal invites.

JMO

Sol.

~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
Explanation: THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH RN3 OK! tinysure

Personal Disclosure: Trust me on this ok ... we have the go very slow and try things and if they work thats great but if they don't we ..well we go very slow and steam ahead anyway.

Sure and steady wins this race.

If you want to add something to RN3 then that is fine ..we always accept enhanced services and products here BUT to expect others to do this for oneself is poor form IMO and one should maybe try get some training and DIY! I for one go very slow ... and we have been in this mode since we left hernandos hideaway and this mode works for us.

If you want more people then please recruit them.

If you want more exposure then please advertise to your social media outlet.

If you just want to bitch and complain then that is also ok...but Id prefer it in the rants section of the forum ok!

RN3 has every possible outlet anybody could ever want and its doing perfectly fine in my books.

If people want to change others minds on certain matters then I recommend they try using a hammer as its more effective than mere words alone. We do this with the ban hammer on spam bots ..and guess what..they don't come back much. minusculebonker 

I'm sorry that I'm not sorry that I see this more as a rant than as a suggestion!

Please continue to use RN3 to yours/its fullest capabilities ok and shine on you crazy diamonds! minusculebeercheers
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!
@guohua 

Explanation: We are on google ok ... just have to use the exact search terms or you get directed elsewhere by the google AI bot.
[Image: weareongoogleok.png]
The hyphen and the number 3 are REQUIRED TERMS to be search for if one wants to find us on the web.

Personal Disclosure: Word of mouth tends to be the best way to evolve anything peoplewise and it boils down to each of us on how we feel about RN3 and whether it needs any more people posting. If we want a more faster way of communicating then I suggest everybody sign up to Discord app and I will make a room for RN3 to exist there ok.

That is all!  minusculebeercheers
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!
Hi OL,

Not sure if you were replying to me.

If so, all I'm saying is that personal contact is the best way to go, in my opinion.

Sorry if the rest of it sounded a bit like a rant as it wasn't the way I wanted it to be perceived as. I was simply stating that time is an issue for many, yes, myself included. And I am sure that I am not the only one having this issue.

All of us here, have disappeared from sight for a while, some longer than others, but we've always been back at some point or another. There's nothing wrong with RN, it's quite the contrary. RN is made up of wonderful people and a certain bonds remain - whether one is here or not, at any point in time. That is a strength that is fairly non existent elsewhere.

Hope this clarifies my previous post.

Respectfully,

Sol.
(01-24-2018, 08:49 PM)Sol Wrote: ...All of us here, have disappeared from sight for a while, some longer than others,
but we've always been back at some point or another.

There's nothing wrong with RN, it's quite the contrary. RN is made up of wonderful
people and a certain bonds remain - whether one is here or not, at any point in time.
That is a strength that is fairly non existent elsewhere.

Respectfully,

Sol.

minusculethumbsup  And you can have your snow back now.
tinywondering
(01-24-2018, 09:51 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(01-24-2018, 08:49 PM)Sol Wrote: ...All of us here, have disappeared from sight for a while, some longer than others,

There's nothing wrong with RN, it's quite the contrary. RN is made up of wonderful
people and a certain bonds remain - whether one is here or not, at any point in time.

Respectfully,

Sol.

tinywondering

Oh hell no.

You should see what it look like here. I should take a picture actually. Ice storms and snow storms make for fun on the roads...

You have some ?  You keep it : )

[Image: cars-buried-in-snow-2-1.jpg]

Not my picture. Sorry for the off topic. Back to the regular programming...

tinylaughing
(01-24-2018, 09:55 PM)Sol Wrote: You have some ?  You keep it : )

...Sorry for the off topic. Back to the regular programming...

tinylaughing

No-no, I'm a Brit and weather is a paramount subject in a discussion!
But I agree with you, this site may not have all the bells and whistles of an out-and-out brawl
website, but I'm certain that when all the sh*t-flicking calms down elsewhere, places like RN
will be areas people will come for decent discourse.

We do strive to look at all the angles and call any dubious information out without insulting the
poster. These days, that's as rare as rocking-horse manure!
(01-24-2018, 10:01 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(01-24-2018, 09:55 PM)Sol Wrote: You have some ?  You keep it : )

...Sorry for the off topic. Back to the regular programming...

tinylaughing

No-no, I'm a Brit and weather is a paramount subject in a discussion!
But I agree with you, this site may not have all the bells and whistles of an out-and-out brawl
website, but I'm certain that when all the sh*t-flicking calms down elsewhere, places like RN
will be areas people will come for decent discourse.

We do strive to look at all the angles and call any dubious information out without insulting the
poster. These days, that's as rare as rocking-horse manure!

I soooo agree !

And right there with you on the weather ! "Kids won't know what snow is" ... Gore 2000

Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha !!!

(01-24-2018, 06:57 PM)OmegaLogos Wrote: @guohua 

Explanation: We are on google ok ... just have to use the exact search terms or you get directed elsewhere by the google AI bot.
[Image: weareongoogleok.png]
The hyphen and the number 3 are REQUIRED TERMS to be search for if one wants to find us on the web.

Personal Disclosure: Word of mouth tends to be the best way to evolve anything peoplewise and it boils down to each of us on how we feel about RN3 and whether it needs any more people posting. If we want a more faster way of communicating then I suggest everybody sign up to Discord app and I will make a room for RN3 to exist there ok.

That is all!  minusculebeercheers

With that being said, I need to find time and start posting to Google+ again......those threads usually appear in Google search
(gee, I wonder why....lol)

Anyhow, I am hoping I can spend a little more time on here if not just for posting threads to Google+ 

My hours are odd now, whereas before I had the first part of the week off then worked the weekends when we traveled.
And with the holidays over (some weeks I put in over 65 hrs) , I  should be able to sneak on here for a wee bit.
No promises, but I will try.

Yeah, word of mouth seems to be one of the best ways to recruit.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

Respectfully,

Sol.

tinywondering

He could send his Snow To Us,,,,,,, Why?
This Morning Temperature, 45 Degrees and todays High, 76 Degrees.
Under Sunny Skies!
(01-24-2018, 11:45 PM)guohua Wrote:

Respectfully,

Sol.

tinywondering

He could send his Snow To Us,,,,,,, Why?
Under Sunny Skies!

Me jealous.

It's all I'll say.

(01-24-2018, 11:46 PM)Sol Wrote:
(01-24-2018, 11:45 PM)guohua Wrote: ...He could send his Snow To Us,,,,,,, Why?
Under Sunny Skies!

Me jealous.

It's all I'll say.

Me too, share your solar and be a good communist!