Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
yesterdays prophecies / todays headlines

[Image: ISRAEL_001.jpg]

Zechariah ( 520-470 BC ) says the following in this regards:

"Behold, I (God) will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem. 
And in that day will I (God) make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, 
though all the people of the earth are gathered together against it ... Zechariah 12:2-3

12-18-2017 .. Anti-semitism in New York. This is what incitement looks like.
12-18-2017 .. UN Security Council to vote on outlawing Trump’s Jerusalem decision
12-11-2017 .. Trump's Jerusalem Declaration Sparks Talk Of 3rd Temple 
12-09-2017 .. Jerusalem celebrations for recognition as capital of Israel from USA 
12-08-2017 .. UNRAVELING: Jerusalem riots spread to Indonesia and Malaysia 
12-06-2017 .. Pastor Charles Lawson 
12-06-2017 .. Trump officially recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel even Obama says so 
12-03-2017 .. UN Passes Six New Anti-Israel Resolutions 
11-08-2017 .. Moving U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem ? 
10-20-2017 .. Hamas warns Trump that they want to wipe out Israel, not recognize it 
01-18-2017 .. Palestinian Official: Two-State Solution Just Pretext for Taking Over Israel 
01-14-2017 .. PROPHECY WATCH: No Peace in Paris 
01-12-2017 .. Abbas asks world leaders to stop Trump from moving US embassy to Jerusalem 
10-12-2017 .. Palestinian factions Hamas and Fatah end split on Gaza 
01-11-2017 .. The 70 Nations That Will Meet In Paris On January 15th Are Going To Publicly Commit To Dividing The Land Of Israel 
01-09-2017 .. a better understanding of what will probably trigger the floodgates of Bible prophecy to open 
03-27-2017 .. why isnt there a palestinian state 
02-03-2017 .. the UN passed a resolution erasing Jewish and Christian ties to Jerusalem. Only Muslim ties were acknowledged 

[Image: header04-76.jpg] [Image: wk171101b-200XX.jpg] [Image: wk171019a-200XX.jpg] [Image: 252-200XX.jpg] [Image: hm-171012-200XX.jpg] [Image: wk171023c-200XX.jpg] [Image: wk171023f-200XX.jpg] [Image: wk171023e-200XX.jpg] [Image: wk171023b-200XX.jpg] [Image: PNW.jpg]

WHY THE REBIRTH OF ISRAEL IS A SIGN OF THE END

Amos ( 750 BC ) says the following in this regards:
"I ( God ) will bring my exiled people of Israel back from distant lands .. and they will rebuild their ruined cities and live in them again .. They will plant vineyards and gardens .. they will eat their crops and drink their wine .. I will firmly plant them there in their own land .. They will never again be uprooted from the land I have given them" .. says the Lord your God . . . . Amos 9:14-15
[Image: signature_01a.jpg]

(12-16-2017, 07:12 PM)dadmansabode Wrote: Zechariah ( 520-470 BC ) says the following in this regards:

"I ( God ) am going to make Jerusalem a cup that sends all the surrounding peoples reeling. 
Judah will be besieged as well as Jerusalem. On that day, when all the nations of the earth are gathered against her, 
I (God) will make Jerusalem an immovable rock for all the nations. All who try to move it will injure themselves" . . . Zechariah 12

Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see if Your God actually makes the Jewish People and Jerusalem as Hard As A Rock.

I think that they be Steadfast in their will to have and have their Capital in Jerusalem, But Only with the backing of the US and that's only has long as POTUS Trump is in power.
If we get a Spineless Democrat in Office,,,,, all is Lost!

JMHO, but I don't think that any God is around anymore that cares.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
This video shows some possible truths of America's REAL connection to Jerusalem.  Start at the 9:35 mark.

(12-16-2017, 07:12 PM)dadmansabode Wrote:
[Image: ISRAEL_001.jpg]

Zechariah ( 520-470 BC ) says the following in this regards:

"Behold, I (God) will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem. 
And in that day will I (God) make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, 
though all the people of the earth are gathered together against it ... Zechariah 12:2-3

What news? I guess I missed the headlines your speaking of... what is it from the first century that's being reported now?
actually .... this is reported from 520-470 BC ................. :)

you see, the Bible is not done yet

(12-17-2017, 04:58 AM)dadmansabode Wrote: actually .... this is reported from 520-470 BC ................. :)

you see, the Bible is not done yet

Yes... this was reported around 500 bc, and the prophecy fulfilled (came to fruition or came to pass) nearly 2000 years ago now.

And your mentioning "today's headline" 

So I'm curious what of today's headlines is covering events from that long ago?

Sounds like the history channel and not "today's headlines " personally. ..
@Grace, I have to agree with you, it would seem to me, that a Prophet or whatever Zechariah was couldn't see the future and God (whoever that was) more than likely ment in that time frame.
Simply because, where is that God Now?
(12-17-2017, 07:11 AM)guohua Wrote: @Grace, I have to agree with you, it would seem to me, that a Prophet or whatever Zechariah was couldn't see the future and God (whoever that was) more than likely ment in that time frame.
Simply because, where is that God Now?

God is here now... His kingdom in full effect... it is a kingdom that cannot be destroyed... it does not need soldiers to protect it...

Most people miss it, because they are looking for it in the wrong places..in that way, they are making the same mistakes the Jews did over 2000 years ago..
I wonder, if each of us were to take responsibility for our actions and the end results of our actions, would we need God ?.
I have grown tired of hearing, "Its Gods will" and "Its the devil" when in fact its us doing it or its just life.
Freedom comes with feeling the pain of responsibility and knowing its rests on us, not God not the Devil
(12-17-2017, 01:43 PM)Wallfire Wrote: I wonder, if each of us were to take responsibility for our actions and the end results of our actions, would we need God ?.
I have grown tired of hearing, "Its Gods will" and "Its the devil" when in fact its us doing it or its just life.
Freedom comes with feeling the pain of responsibility and knowing its rests on us, not God not the Devil

In many ways I agree with you - and the Bible does too. In others, I and the Bible do differ. 

First, what is "the number of the beast" the Bible tells us it is "the number of man"...same, same... also, when Peter was talking to Jesus that once Jesus looked at Peter and said "Get thee behind me "Satan" you are a stumbling block to me".  http://biblehub.com/matthew/16-23.htm

Therefore, is our own nature and natural instincts that is at odds with us the majority of the time, the Bible teaches this time and time again also.

Greed is perfectly natural, so is selfishness, coveting your "neighbors" stuff... nearly every sin in the Bible is fairly well natural - just a part of being human - and most of those traits come out when children are very very little. What two year old hasn't shown many of those traits at varying times?  

We don't need to learn how to be selfish as children - but we do need to learn how to share our toys, how to be patient while our freinds or little brother or sister takes their turn, etc.

Being "good" even societally isn't our natural state generally speaking, it's learned behavior. Some people learn more quickly than others, some people never truly grasp it... but it's still learned.  

The Bible is very clear that people will be without excuse before God... and teaches self responsibility. .. at no time does Jesus say that since Satan caused us to do something we will get into heaven regardless of what we do... 

The Bible squarely puts responsibility for sin and wrongdoing on the individual - and if it wasn't our responsibility then we couldn't be fairly judged, or ever see hell. 

So why have God at all? You ask, why not do away with the aspect of God since heaven and hell is based on personal responsibility of man? The Bible actually attempts to show us the why of that.  

Left to our own devices we all will develop a societal definition of what good is... each society will come up with or have different definitions of what is good, but they develop them nonetheless for the best working of that society.  

Some societies are cannibals, they have no problems eating human beings, but they don't eat the human beings from their own tribe, for instance, because that would be "bad" for the continuance of their society. But as a general rule, eating humans is "good"

Some societies have no problems with pedophilia, its common practice and it's "good" unless the child is damaged to the point of being unable to bear children.. then it becomes "bad", because it's bad for the continuity of their society...

All societies develop their own sense of good and bad, based on their own social values and value systems, and because people vary, so do societies.

Jesus pointed out a pagan society that helped those who were their freinds and family, gave to the poor, did "good" things... and said, don't these other people do all these things you call good? 

Then He explained that God asks more of his people than just societal definitions of good... always He said we should go one step further than just societal good in effort to set themselves apart and show God to others in/as an absolute... 

In the human sense of the word, there is no true good or bad, no absolutes - only what is acceptable to any given society and what is not, what is beneficial and what is not for the continuity of that society. With God, there are universal absolutes... things that are good which defy societal explaination, and things that are bad which defy societal explaination. 

This is the general synopsis of the old and new testaments, and why have a God and a Satan to begin with... those are the absolutes, the extremes of the spectrum which defy human society and nature.

Jesus said "why do you call me good? Only God is good."  

The old testament shows how, in ourselves, we cannot be an absolute of "good". The law existed to prove to man that just having societal rules doesn't work to bring us any closer to that absolute good even when those laws are made by God, the absolute good, because we are still subject to ourselves, and cannot pull ourselves up by our own bootstraps. 

Mankind will forever look for legal loopholes if you will... or create more laws to make themselves feel better.. or ignore what they dont like in secret and pretend publicly to follow all the rules... just having societal rules doesn't work to be a "good" people, in any absolute sense of the word. 

And that is the point of the Bible... that there are not only absolutes, but they also rest outside of man and society. There are absolutes that are bad, and absolutes that are good, and in ourselves, in our natural human states we are unable to gauge them, and unable to follow them. 

This means theft always absolutely bad, not just societally unacceptable, it makes murder absolutely bad, not just societally unacceptable - and man in his natural state cannot be good, we must both learn what is good, as well as have assistance to keep on following what is good - or we will stray from doing those absolute good things and begin gauging and following according to societal definitions rather than absolutes. 

That assistance must come then from that good which we are not.. which is the point of the new testament - and the reason for the indwelling of the Holy Spirit - our comforter and helpmeet who speaks to the individual only Gods Word and helps him be closer to that which is absolutely good, God. 

Life is difficult in general but we need more than just societal definitions of good... we need something better, some universal definition or rape can become acceptable, or murder and more depending on each individual society. 

In short, we need God.
UN council weighs measure rejecting US Jerusalem decision

Quote:United Nations (United States) (AFP) - The UN Security Council is considering a draft resolution affirming that any change to the status of Jerusalem has no legal effect and must be reversed, in response to the US decision to recognize the city as Israel's capital.

Egypt circulated the draft text on Saturday, and diplomats said the council could vote on the proposed measure as early as Monday.

Breaking with the international consensus, US President Donald Trump this month announced that he would recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital and move the US embassy there from Tel Aviv, sparking protests and strong condemnation.
The draft resolution obtained by AFP stresses that Jerusalem is an issue "to be resolved through negotiations" and expresses "deep regret at recent decisions concerning the status of Jerusalem," without specifically mentioning Trump's move.
"Any decisions and actions which purport to have altered the character, status or demographic composition of the Holy City of Jerusalem have no legal effect, are null and void and must be rescinded," it said.

Diplomats said they expected the United States to use its veto power to block the measure while most, if not all, of the 14 other council members were expected to back the draft resolution.

US Vice President Mike Pence will visit Jerusalem on Wednesday, wading into the crisis over one of the most controversial issues in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
Read more:  Source
(12-17-2017, 05:36 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:

Quote:United Nations (United States) (AFP) - The UN Security Council is considering a draft resolution affirming that any change to the status of Jerusalem has no legal effect and must be reversed, in response to the US decision to recognize the city as Israel's capital.

Egypt circulated the draft text on Saturday, and diplomats said the council could vote on the proposed measure as early as Monday.

Breaking with the international consensus, US President Donald Trump this month announced that he would recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital and move the US embassy there from Tel Aviv, sparking protests and strong condemnation.
The draft resolution obtained by AFP stresses that Jerusalem is an issue "to be resolved through negotiations" and expresses "deep regret at recent decisions concerning the status of Jerusalem," without specifically mentioning Trump's move.
"Any decisions and actions which purport to have altered the character, status or demographic composition of the Holy City of Jerusalem have no legal effect, are null and void and must be rescinded," it said.

Diplomats said they expected the United States to use its veto power to block the measure while most, if not all, of the 14 other council members were expected to back the draft resolution.

US Vice President Mike Pence will visit Jerusalem on Wednesday, wading into the crisis over one of the most controversial issues in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

I don't see anything the U.N. says as binding because it relies on willing participation .. in this case, the two affected countries are not willing participants as to the UN's opinion where concerns Jerusalem - unless or until that opinion seems to favor their interests and might someday go toward their ultimate goal where concerns the city. 

Personally, I couldn't care any less who controls it, it's rather going to be in the hands of whomever wins this fight. 

At current moment, that makes possession 9/10ths of the law and makes Israel in control of the city - therefore, what Israel calls it, whether capital or not, and who may or may not decide to follow suit with what the possessor decides, is just a thing.  

What the U.N. decides is meaningless, unless or until those in possession of the city decide to concede control to the U.N. (i don't see that happening on either side, at least not longer than it takes to gain control - and if you dont possess something conceding control is meaningless)

Whenever willing participation is involved, then it's rather up to the individuals involved and not up those on the outside giving opinion.
(12-17-2017, 05:36 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:

Well, isn't that just so cute? Someone still thinks the UN is a lawmaking body! A UN "draft resolution" plus $1.50 will get you a cup of coffee at McDonalds. Other than that, it has no effect whatsoever, and without the buck fifty, it won't even have an effect at McDonald's. The UN has no jurisdiction to determine "legal effect" - it's not a court - and no authority at all to demand that anything at all be reversed. the sons of bitches couldn't effectively demand that I change the windshield wipers on my car, much less determine what the US does and does not choose to recognize, or where we put any of our embassies.

Quote:"Any decisions and actions which purport to have altered the character, status or demographic composition of the Holy City of Jerusalem have no legal effect, are null and void and must be rescinded," it said.

See above. They simply don't have the authority to demand ANY of that. They even mention "demographics", which no one else has. I could claim that, demographically, Jerusalem is populated entirely by unicorns that crap out Skittles, and they couldn't force me to "rescind" it, nor are they qualified to ascertain the "legal effect" of it.

Quote:Diplomats said they expected the United States to use its veto power to block the measure while most, if not all, of the 14 other council members were expected to back the draft resolution.

Yeah, well, we ARE the Big Dog on the block, and we DO give the UN most of it's funding and all of it's land area, and even with that our veto means exactly jack shit. Of what effect is a veto on a resolution that itself has no effect? That's kinda like trying to make nothing go away by throwing nothing at it.

Face it - the UN is just a group of folks who have found a way to get their money for nothing and their kicks for free. They get paid to sit around and jabber, which jabbering has exactly no effect, impact, or legal standing. In the entire history of the UN, it has accomplished exactly nothing, and spent a whole lot of our hard-earned money doing it. It's time for us to exit that madhouse, stop funding it, and kick them off US soil. Maybe they should go to Brussels and take lessons in Law from the World Court... but I have my doubts that the World Court knows much about Law, either. Still, they could throw parties together and stuff, maybe visit each other's houses and debate the drapes.

It's kind of a running joke that anyone at all gives a flying crap about what is said at the UN.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(12-17-2017, 06:16 PM)Grace Wrote: I don't see anything the U.N. says as binding because it relies on willing participation .. in this case, the two affected countries are not willing participants as to the UN's opinion where concerns Jerusalem - unless or until that opinion seems to favor their interests and might someday go toward their ultimate goal where concerns the city. 

Personally, I couldn't care any less who controls it, it's rather going to be in the hands of whomever wins this fight. 

At current moment, that makes possession 9/10ths of the law and makes Israel in control of the city - therefore, what Israel calls it, whether capital or not, and who may or may not decide to follow suit with what the possessor decides, is just a thing.  

What the U.N. decides is meaningless, unless or until those in possession of the city decide to concede control to the U.N. (i don't see that happening on either side, at least not longer than it takes to gain control - and if you dont possess something conceding control is meaningless)

Whenever willing participation is involved, then it's rather up to the individuals involved and not up those on the outside giving opinion.

Partially correct. Israel is in control of parts of Jerusalem, but the Palestinian Authority claims East Jerusalem as IT'S capitol, which I suspect is what this ruckus is all about - they don't want to give up their claim, and if "Jerusalem" is the capitol of Israel, then "East Jerusalem" might be denied them for THEIR capitol.

Furthermore, Mount Zion, the Temple Mount, is administered entirely by the Jerusalem Islamic Waqf, even though it is in Jerusalem. Israel has no authority there, which is why Jews have to limit themselves to praying at the Wailing Wall, OUTSIDE the Temple Mount.

For grins and giggles, if you ever get to go to the Temple Mount, try carrying a Cross or a Bible there, and see how long that lasts. Same for a Star of David or a Torah. I'll bet you dollars against donuts that you don't even get through the gate with any of those, and if you do and it's seen in your possession while on the Temple Mount, you are going to have a very bad day.

It's dangerous to even be seen or overheard muttering a Christian or Jewish prayer there.

So, Israel is not entirely in possession of Jerusalem - not even the most important part that makes it "Jerusalem".

Fun Fact: when I was a Muslim, right after I converted and long before I apostatized, a young sheikh offered me a free trip to "The Holy Land", which included access to al-Haram esh-Sharif (which us infidels call "the Temple Mount") and the Dome of the Rock and al-Aqsa Mosue - which are two places, like Mecca, that are "Access denied" to any but Muslims. I didn't go, and I still don't regret it. He seemed a little confused that I had no hankering to see Mohammed's footprint on the rock under the dome. Even tried to bait me in by promising access to the chamber under the rock, but I wasn't buying because I smelled a rat there - not in the chamber, but in the whole offer overall.

God has abandoned Jerusalem, and the Temple Mount or "Mount Zion" in particular. God doesn't live there any more. I think he saw the neighborhood going to the dogs in 638 AD, and left for the coast. Exactly which coast I don't know.

Jerusalem is just a political football now, and God doesn't play politics OR football.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

God has abandoned Jerusalem < not so fast sparky, remember, the Book is not done

The Jews .. at present cast off because of unbelief .. will in due time as a people be taken into God’s favor again .. when the fullness of the Gentiles be come in and when the Deliverer (Christ) shall have appeared again . . . as a people they are for this age judicially blinded .. although there is a remnant according to faith in Christ .. the Gentiles grafted into the Church must not trample upon the Jews as a reprobate people .. but remember that the law of faith excludes all boasting .. either of ourselves or against others . . . . Romans 11:25-26 the Church is a people taken from the Gentiles (Acts 15:14) and is a “full destined number” (Rev 7:9) .. when the “fullness of the Gentiles” (not world conversion) is brought in .. Christ is coming again .. and will be soon manifested as Israel’s long looked-for Deliverer .. gty.org ................... Romans 11 

Jerusalem is just a political football now 

You'll know this prophecy is being fulfilled when you see the mushrooming world wide tide gathering against Israel

my question is when will the political climate and arrangement allow the Jews to rebuild their Temple

12-18-2017 .. UN Security Council to vote on outlawing Trump’s Jerusalem decision

(12-18-2017, 04:23 PM)dadmansabode Wrote: God has abandoned Jerusalem < not so fast sparky, remember, the Book is not done

Yes it is.

" It Is Finished "

-- John 19:30

Quote:Jerusalem is just a political football now 

Quote:You'll know this prophecy is being fulfilled when you see the mushrooming world wide tide gathering against Israel

I'm sure it's possible that something that looks like a mushroom may eventually be involved.

Quote:
my question is when will the political climate and arrangement allow the Jews to rebuild their Temple

Again, already done:

" Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days." "

-- John 2:19

Also remember:

""A wicked and adulterous generation looks for a sign, but none will be given it except the sign of Jonah." Jesus then left them and went away."

-- Matthew 16:4  (see also Matthew 12:39)

It Is Finished  ..  John 19:30 < His redemptive work is done - there is now therefore no more sacrifice for sin

Again, already done: " Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days." "
-- John 2:19  < But the temple he had spoken of was his body -- John 2:21

A wicked and adulterous generation looks for a sign, but none will be given it except the sign of Jonah
you should cease quoting scripture till you have an idea of what your are speaking about

II Thessalonians 02:01-05 .. now we request you .. brethren .. with regard to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to him .. that you not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a message or a letter as if from us .. to the effect that the day of Christ has come .. let no one in any way deceive you .. for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first .. and the man of lawlessness is revealed .. the son of destruction .. who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship .. so that he takes his seat in the temple of God .. displaying himself as being God .. do you not remember that while I was still with you .. I was telling you these things ........... II Thessalonians

Jesus then left them and went away.

Acts 01:09-11 .. and after he had said these things .. he was lifted up while they were looking on .. and a cloud received him out of their sight .. and as they were gazing intently into the sky while he was going .. behold .. two men in white clothing stood beside them .. they also said . . . men of Galilee .. why do you stand looking into the sky .. this Jesus .. who has been taken up from you into heaven .. will come in just the same way as you have watched him go into heaven

I'm sure it's possible that something that looks like a mushroom may eventually be involved. ..... indeed

(12-19-2017, 03:45 AM)dadmansabode Wrote:  It Is Finished  ..  John 19:30 < His redemptive work is done - there is now therefore no more sacrifice for sin

Exactly.

Quote:Again, already done: " Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days." "
-- John 2:19  < But the temple he had spoken of was his body -- John 2:21

Exactly. Yet, for some odd and perplexing reason, people keep looking for the Jews to build a third, and ultimately useless, temple. God's people already have their temple, as you so aptly point out.

Quote:A wicked and adulterous generation looks for a sign, but none will be given it except the sign of Jonah
you should cease quoting scripture till you have an idea of what your are speaking about

I know exactly whereof I speak. I'm ready to throw down whenever you are. I have a fairly decent education in Biblical matters - enough to know that all that dispensationalist and millennialist claptrap is just that, stumbling blocks thrown out to lead even the very elect astray, if that were possible.

But it's not.

So on with all the rest of that Scofield baloney. It's there to lead people astray, and away from the focal points.

Quote:II Thessalonians 02:01-05 .. now we request you .. brethren .. with regard to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to him .. that you not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a message or a letter as if from us .. to the effect that the day of Christ has come .. let no one in any way deceive you .. for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first .. and the man of lawlessness is revealed .. the son of destruction .. who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship .. so that he takes his seat in the temple of God .. displaying himself as being God .. do you not remember that while I was still with you .. I was telling you these things ........... II Thessalonians

Also already accomplished.

Quote: Jesus then left them and went away.
Quote:Acts 01:09-11 .. and after he had said these things .. he was lifted up while they were looking on .. and a cloud received him out of their sight .. and as they were gazing intently into the sky while he was going .. behold .. two men in white clothing stood beside them .. they also said . . . men of Galilee .. why do you stand looking into the sky .. this Jesus .. who has been taken up from you into heaven .. will come in just the same way as you have watched him go into heaven

That is an entirely different incident of Jesus "going away". I'm good with it, but maybe you shouldn't confuse the two separate incidents (actually three separate incidents, but two were alike, and one was not - figure out the difference), as each has a different impact.

Anyhow, what bearing does it have on dispensationalism and millennialism? One is taught in the Bible, the others are not... unless one counts the Scofield Bible, of course. My stance has always been that if you need some human to "explain" it to you, then you are probably reading it wrong. It speaks pretty plainly on it's own, without help, to those willing to listen to what it says, rather than what they WANT it to say.

Quote:I'm sure it's possible that something that looks like a mushroom may eventually be involved. ..... indeed

Since you seem to be big on using the Bible as a divination tool, I'll give you this one as a freebie:

"12 I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red,

13 and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind.

14 The heavens receded like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.

15 Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and everyone else, both slave and free, hid in caves and among the rocks of the mountains.

16 They called to the mountains and the rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb!

17 For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can withstand it?" "

-- Revelations 6:12 - 17

There's your mushroom cloud, right where you want to see it.

Unless you're looking at it wrong, that is...

Quiz question - guess who ELSE was looking for signs?

Keep looking for your new Jewish temple in Jerusalem. I'll be busy looking to God. I bet I see mine first.

By the way - have you noticed that when I post a link it is to an independent source, but when you post one it goes back to... your own blog? That's something you might want to see to.

"Revelation 6:12 I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red,

13 and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind.

14 The heavens receded like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.

15 Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and everyone else, both slave and free, hid in caves and among the rocks of the mountains.

16 They called to the mountains and the rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb!

17 For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can withstand it?" " .......... indeed the book is not done

(12-19-2017, 05:49 AM)dadmansabode Wrote: "Revelation 6:12 I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red,

17 For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can withstand it?" " .......... indeed the book is not done

You really don't believe the above do you?