Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
It's No Longer a Crime
That's right Folks, it's no longer a crime Not To have Health Insurance Through Obamacare.
OBAMACARE PENALTY ELIMINATED
[Image: 475E776600000578-5185023-image-a-7_1513383229035.jpg]
Quote:Democrats are upset at a feature of the bill that repeals the Obamacare 'individual mandate' penalty, a tax paid by Americans who don't buy medical insurance.
Poor Babies,,,,,
Quote:The bill includes an expanded child tax credit, a move calculated to win the support of last-minute holdout Marco Rubio,. a Florida Republican senator.

It also eliminates the tax penalty placed on Americans who don't buy medical insurance required by Barack Obama's Affordable Care Act.
The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office has cautioned that this may lead to more Americans not buying insurance policies, which could then contribute to premium-hikes for those who do. 

The White House said in a statement that 'y lowering tax rates, simplifying the rigged and burdensome tax code, and repealing the failed tax on lower- and middle-income households known as the Obamacare individual mandate, this legislation will grow our economy, raise wages, and promote economic competitiveness.'

Mitch McConnell, the Senate majority leader, said that 'China is already worried about this tax bill, because they know it will make America more competitive and spur greater investment here in America.
This legislation will bring real relief to the middle class by taking money out of Washington's pocket and putting it into theirs.'

[b]Democrats were predictably sour on the legislation.

California Sen. Dianne Feinstein called the bill 'awful' and 'one of the most irresponsible I've seen.'

Source[/b]

So,,,, the Democrats are upset because Trump took the IRS out of our Pockets!!??
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Finally!

I was beginning to despair that it would ever get done.

Personally, I don't care what else they do with tax code, just so long as the government is no longer following the fascist course of being the muscle to enforce the enrichment of private companies at the expense of citizens. The rest of the tax bill is fine by me, but it would be fine by me as well if none of it were there but the repeal of that draconian Obama era illegitimate tax on the public for not doing business with private corporations.

I don't even really care what they do with "health care" - but believe that if they are going to do anything at all, it should at least have a bearing on actual health care, rather than only extracting cash for health insurance companies. Health care and health insurance are not at all the same thing, so so-called "Obamacare" was nothing of the sort. For example, if I have a heart attack, I'm not going to go see an insurance adjuster to perform open heart surgery on me... I would expect a doctor, and actual health care provider, to do that. Obamacare dealt ONLY with insurance, not at all with actual health care.

Single payer? I don't care - go for it if you need to, just so long as I am not forced to participate in it. Same for any other health care legislation... go for it, but when you start forcing people to participate, you've over stepped your bounds.

Whatever they do in the matter, they ought at least keep it on target, or rename it to what it actually is - if it doesn't actually touch health CARE, then call it what it is - slavery to private corporations enforced by governmental muscle.

It's not a done deal yet, there is still voting to get done on it and then delivery to Trump's desk for signing, but I've got more hope than I have had for several years now. I'll be watching it closely... and if they can actually get it accomplished, I may be persuaded to vote Republican again. It will demonstrate that they may actually give a shit about freedom and individual liberty, something that has been missing from DC for some time now, on BOTH sides of the aisle.

If you recall, back during the passage of Obamacare, the "individual mandate" was called a "tax" by detractors, and Obamacare supporters insisted, very vocally, that it was NOT a tax - that was the only way they could get it passed. Then, after the fact when it was challenged at the Supreme Court, they suddenly changed up and said it WAS a tax - that was the only way they could persuade the SCOTUS to deem it to be constitutional. Otherwise, it would have been found to be absolutely UNconstitutional, an onerous punishment on the poor with no Constitutional authorization for it's passage. Now that they had to do that, however, it made it subject to repeal in a TAX bill. There's poetic justice in there somewhere.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Quote:It also eliminates the tax penalty placed on Americans who don't buy medical insurance required by Barack Obama's Affordable Care Act.

Well, hallelujah!   smallgreenbananadancer   Like Nin, that was the main thing I wanted GONE!   It was communist rule to force people to buy something they didn't want; no place in America for that.   minusculetongue
(12-16-2017, 06:43 AM)guohua Wrote: That's right Folks, it's no longer a crime Not To have Health Insurance Through Obamacare.
OBAMACARE PENALTY ELIMINATED
[Image: 475E776600000578-5185023-image-a-7_1513383229035.jpg]
Quote:Democrats are upset at a feature of the bill that repeals the Obamacare 'individual mandate' penalty, a tax paid by Americans who don't buy medical insurance.
Poor Babies,,,,,
Quote:The bill includes an expanded child tax credit, a move calculated to win the support of last-minute holdout Marco Rubio,. a Florida Republican senator.

It also eliminates the tax penalty placed on Americans who don't buy medical insurance required by Barack Obama's Affordable Care Act.
The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office has cautioned that this may lead to more Americans not buying insurance policies, which could then contribute to premium-hikes for those who do. 

The White House said in a statement that 'y lowering tax rates, simplifying the rigged and burdensome tax code, and repealing the failed tax on lower- and middle-income households known as the Obamacare individual mandate, this legislation will grow our economy, raise wages, and promote economic competitiveness.'

Mitch McConnell, the Senate majority leader, said that 'China is already worried about this tax bill, because they know it will make America more competitive and spur greater investment here in America.
This legislation will bring real relief to the middle class by taking money out of Washington's pocket and putting it into theirs.'

[b]Democrats were predictably sour on the legislation.

California Sen. Dianne Feinstein called the bill 'awful' and 'one of the most irresponsible I've seen.'

Source[/b]

So,,,, the Democrats are upset because Trump took the IRS out of our Pockets!!??

Perhaps if the democrats fill so strongly about this... They would approve of the cost coming from their paychecks
@"Armonica_Templar"  
Quote:Perhaps if the democrats fill so strongly about this... They would approve of the cost coming from their paychecks

REALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!???  smallrofl
You know what the Liberal-progressives are saying?
I'll show you,,,,,
[Image: 636488702277018329-TaxCuts.jpg]