Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Just how much irradiated food are you eating?
Yep. You read that right.

[Image: CPT104342415_high.jpg]

Quote:According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, like pasteurizing milk and canning fruits and vegetables, “irradiation can make food safer for the consumer.”
Robert Ralyea, a senior extension associate with Cornell University’s food science department, said he believes the technology is sound.
“People have been eating irradiated food for a long time and they probably don’t even know it,” said Ralyea.

Emphasis is mine. Dafuk ?

Did you know that? Cause I certainly didn't !

Quote:Food irradiation is designed to reduce the risk of foodborne illness and preserve food.

I like how it's put. Reduce a risk and PRESERVE FOOD. Now, let me ask you, why do you think they now irradiate the food you eat? 

They say in a Canadian article - as Health Canada is about to also approve food irradiation - that it is out of concern for your health. The example given is when you cook meat on the BBQ and the risk of e-coli.

Am I the only one that knows that ground beef has to be cooked well done on a BBQ to solve that problem?  Nah...let's irradiate the crap out of it anyway...to...preserve it. THAT is the real reason.

Mindblown.

How does it work now you may ask...let's see...

Quote:The process involves exposing foods to radiant energy, like gamma rays, electron beams and x-rays.

AND...wait for it...

Quote:Yes, it is safe. The food, and I want to make this point very, very clear. The food is not and cannot become radioactive,”

:facepalm:

Which is it...is irradiated or not?

Gotta love how they end the article...

Quote:“I think that there are still a number of consumers out there who have an issue with the process,”

No shit.

Quote:“And I think like everything else once people understand what it is, how it works, and they understand a little bit more about the safety of it, and the science behind it, they’ll recognize that this is a safe and efficacious process.”

Of course. That's probably why we've been eating it for a long time WITHOUT EVEN KNOWING IT as your article says, right?

Finally, has ANY of you ever seen an indication ANYWHERE on ANY labels that it's been irradiated? Cause it should be.

Quote:The FDA has established regulations for labeling of irradiated foods.

Those labels must contain the words “Treated with Radiation” or “Treated by Irradiation” and display the irradiation logo

Oh probably because there's another clause...

Quote:No label is required for food products that contain irradiated ingredients, such as spices, as long as the entire product has not been irradiated, according to the EPA.

Such as....beef..or fruits and vegetables...where's the fine print? There's gotta be a fine print.

UNF$#%@*GBELIEVABLE !!!!

Think about it next you'll have a hamburger.

Sources:

http://wivb.com/2014/11/25/whats-the-bee...iated-beef

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/health-canada-...08786.html

All of this made me hungry now. Off to the BBQ : )

Want one?
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
As you adequately emphasized -- 'to preserve it'.
I recall when the school systems in the USA approved the use of 'microwaving' old food for the kids cafeteria meals...to save on cost.
Time to rekindle a relationship with the butcher.
Quote:“I think that there are still a number of consumers out there who have an issue with the process,”

Yes, there are STILL a few of us out here who haven't become so brain-dead from all the other crap you people allow to go in our food, that we don't realize what's going on!  :tongue:

I will NEVER trust any reports that come from the FDA!  They are just one arm of many of the Cabal that is using every angle possible to make people sick so they have "patients" to buy their drugs and keep the money flowing into their pockets.  Pfft!

(walks off mumbling profanities under breath)
Quote:“You’re targeting E.coli and salmonella,” said Kelly Schoeneck, vice president of meat and seafood merchandising for Wegmans. “So customers can enjoy a medium rare or rare burger and not have to worry about it.”

The problem for me is, waaaaaaaaaaay back when I was a youngen, never once did we (my family) worry about any of that.
And yes, we all ate our burgers/steaks Medium rare.

So unless meat is more 'tainted' now a days than they were back then (not as 'pure') I see no reason for them to do this myself.

And this part here....

Quote:“The safety has been assured by many, many government agencies in the U.S. and around the world.”

That does not reassure me at all, no Siree

Like we can really trust what our gubberment says.....ROFLMAO!!! [Image: rofl.gif]

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

(05-31-2016, 12:41 AM)senona Wrote:
Quote:“You’re targeting E.coli and salmonella,” said Kelly Schoeneck, vice president of meat and seafood merchandising for Wegmans. “So customers can enjoy a medium rare or rare burger and not have to worry about it.”

The problem for me is, waaaaaaaaaaay back when I was a youngen, never once did we (my family) worry about any of that.
And yes, we all ate our burgers/steaks Medium rare.

So unless meat is more 'tainted' now a days than they were back then (not as 'pure') I see no reason for them to do this myself.

And this part here....

Quote:“The safety has been assured by many, many government agencies in the U.S. and around the world.”

That does not reassure me at all, no Siree

Like we can really trust what our gubberment says.....ROFLMAO!!! [Image: rofl.gif]

That is the problem. The gubments are so corrupt now and they lie through their teeth on everything and anything, pushing money scams and profits first policies that it makes it near to impossible to know what's true and what's not.

It annoys me that they can do whatever they want without public consultations when it's that said public that inherits the results of what ever their decisions are.

Irradiated food for god sakes.

:thumbsdown:
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~