Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NFL on Veteran's day
Quote:NFL on Veteran's Day

An open letter to the NFL:
You graduated high school in 2011.  Teen years were a struggle.  You grew up on the wrong side of the tracks.  Your mom was leader of the family & worked tirelessly to keep a roof over your head & food on your plate.. Academics were a struggle for you - your grades were mediocre at best. The only way you stood out - you weighed 225 lbs & could run 40 yards in 4.2 seconds carrying a football!
Your best friend was just like you, except he didn’t play football.  Instead of going to football practice after school, he worked at McDonald's for minimum wage. 
You were recruited by big colleges & spent every weekend of your senior year making visits to universities. Coaches & boosters tried to convince you their school was best.  They laid out the red carpet for you. 
Your best friend worked double shifts at Mickey D’s. College, not an option for him. The day you signed with State University, your best friend signed papers with his Army recruiter.  You went to summer workouts.  He went to basic training..
You spent the next 4 years living in the athletic dorm, eating at the training table. You spent Saturdays on the football field, cheered by adoring fans.  Tutors took care of every academic need.  You attended class if you felt like it. Sure, you worked hard lifting weights, running sprints, studying plays, & soon became one of the top players in the country.
Your best friend was assigned to the 101st Airborne. While you were in college, he deployed to Iraq once & Afghanistan twice.  He became Sergeant & led a squad of 19 year old soldiers who grew up just like he did.  He shed his blood in Afghanistan & watched young American's give their lives, limbs, & innocence for the USA.
You went to the NFL combine & scored off the charts. You hired an agent & waited for draft day.  You were a 1st round draft pick & your agent immediately went to work, ensuring you received the most money possible. You signed for $16 million but had never played a single down of pro football.
Your best friend re-enlisted for 4 more years.. As a combat tested sergeant, he will be paid $32,000 per year.
You drive a Ferrari on the streets of South Beach.  He rides in the back of a Blackhawk helicopter with 10 other combat soldiers.
You sleep at the Ritz.  He digs a hole in the ground & sleeps if he can.
You “make it rain” in the club. He prays for rain as temperatures reach 120°.
Sunday, you run into a stadium as thousands of fans cheer & yell your name.
Your best friend knows little difference between Sunday & any other day.  There are no adoring fans, only people trying to kill him & his soldiers. Every now & then, he & his soldiers leave the front & “go to the rear” to rest.  He may be lucky enough to catch an NFL game on TV.  Then when the National Anthem plays he sees you dishonor your best friend by taking a knee, but he  jumps to his feet & salutes the TV.

You protest 'unfairness' of life in the United States, he gives thanks toGod he has the honor of defending his great country.
To the players of the NFL:  We are the people who buy your tickets, watch you on TV, & wear your jerseys.  We anxiously wait for Sundays so we can cheer for you & marvel at your athleticism. We love to watch you play, but we care little about your opinions until you offend us.. You have the absolute right to express yourselves, but we have the absolute right to boycott you.  We have tolerated your drug use, DUIs, domestic violence & your vulgar displays of wealth..  We are ashamed for putting our admiration of your physical skills before what is morally right.  Now you have gone too farYou insulted our flag, our country, our soldiers, our police officers, and our veterans. You are living the American dream, yet you disparage our great country.  I am finished with the NFL & encourage all like minded Americans to boycott the NFL as well.
National boycott The NFL Sunday November 12th, Veterans Day Weekend. 
Boycott all NFL football telecasts.  All fans, all ticket holders, stay away from attending or watching any games on TV. Let them play to empty stadiums. Let their corporate sponsors get hit in the wallet.
Honor our military, many who come home with the American Flag draped over their coffin.
I changed my theme to the 1.8 dark theme.. I can not read anything I just posted (except for the bottom red)... Hope others have better luck
Quote:
Quote:A time to kneel
Written by Ted Nugent

Take a little trip to Valley Forge in January. Hold a musket ball in your fingers and imagine it piercing your flesh and breaking a bone or two. There won't be a doctor or trainer to assist you until after the battle, so just wait your turn. Take your cleats and socks off to get a real experience.

Then take a knee

Then, take a knee on the beach in Normandy where man after American man stormed the beach, even as the one in front of him was shot to pieces ... the very sea stained with American blood. The only blockers most had were the dead bodies in front of them, riddled with bullets from enemy fire.

Take a knee in the sweat soaked jungles of Vietnam. From Khe San to Saigon ... anywhere will do. Americans died in all those jungles. There was no playbook that told them what was next, but they knew what flag they represented... When they came home, they were protested as well, and spit on for reasons only cowards know.

Take another knee in the blood drenched sands of Fallujah in 110 degree heat .. Wear your Kevlar helmet and battle dress. Your number won't be printed on it unless your number is up! You'll need to stay hydrated but there won't be anyone to squirt Gatorade into your mouth. You're on your own.

There are a lot of places to take a knee where Americans have given their lives all over the world. When you use the banner under which they fought as a source for your displeasure, you dishonor the memories of those who bled for the very freedoms you have. That's what the red stripes mean. It represents the blood of those who spilled a sea of it defending your liberty.

While you're on your knee, pray for those that came before you, not on a manicured lawn striped and printed with numbers to announce every inch of ground taken ... but on nameless hills and bloodied beaches and sweltering forests and bitter cold mountains .. every inch marked by an American life lost serving that flag you protest.

No cheerleaders, no announcers, no coaches, no fans ... just American men and women ... delivering the real fight against those who chose to harm us ... blazing a path so you would have the right to "take a knee." You haven't any inkling of what it took to get you where you are ... but your "protest" is duly noted. Not only is it disgraceful to a nation of real heroes, it serves the purpose of pointing to your ingratitude for those who chose to defend you under that banner that will still wave long after your jersey is retired.

If you really feel the need to take a knee, come with me to church on Sunday and we'll both kneel before Almighty God. We'll thank Him for preserving this country for as long as He has. We'll beg forgiveness for our ingratitude for all He has provided us. We'll appeal to Him for understanding and wisdom. We'll pray for liberty and justice for all...because He is the one who provides those things But there will be no protest. There will only be gratitude for His provision and a plea for His continued grace and mercy on the land of the free and the home of the brave. It goes like this .. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!
(10-05-2017, 10:24 PM)727Sky Wrote: I changed my theme to the 1.8 dark theme.. I can not read anything I just posted (except for the bottom red)... Hope others have better luck

Go to "edit", highlight all the text, and then choose a green color.  That way we can read it.

I struggled, but I got through it.  Awesome post!  I won't be watching... never did.   minusculebeercheers