Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chinese government sacks official for 'casting spells'
Chinese government sacks official for 'casting spells'

'China has sacked two officials for practising "superstitious activities", including casting spells
with hopes of increasing promotion prospects.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2240]

Members of the ruling Communist Party are forbidden from following any religion and the government
punishes officials who practise what it regards as outdated folk beliefs.
State media said a county official in Hunan province was dismissed after asking others to set up an altar
so he could "cast spells".

The Xinhua agency said he "paid 100,000 yuan (£11,320) in tribute each time, with hopes of being promoted".
Meanwhile, another official was sacked for attending five fengshui training courses and claiming they were
business trips.

Tang Yuansong paid 54,000 yuan (£6,110) per session and claimed the costs back on expenses, Xinhua reported.
He also earned 5,000 yuan (£565) a year conducting fengshui for others, it said.
Both officials have been expelled from the party and will be investigated for suspected criminal acts...'
SOURCE:

Hubble-Bubble, nuh?!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Mercy!!   tinybighuh 

It's a good thing I didn't choose to reincarnate into China; they would be burning me at the stake.   minusculespooked
(08-05-2017, 02:57 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Mercy!!   tinybighuh 

It's a good thing I didn't choose to reincarnate into China; they would be burning me at the stake.   minusculespooked

No My dear Mystic Wanderer, China doesn't do that.
In the Rural areas and in the older parts of the cities, Wicca, Pagan or Witches are better known by the Old religion called Taoist, they are often paid to cast spell are very common.
Here is an interesting article or Blog for you: Link

Quote:[Image: 11.jpg?w=739&h=316]
Left image of pagan Wheel of the Year from Biblical Connection.
Right image of a Taoist Fu sigil.

Replace a few specifics from the previous paragraph and you could apply it to the relationship between Confucianism (and to a great extent Buddhism) and Chinese folk religions. These folk religions were looked upon in the same way pagan faiths were looked upon by the Christians. Those who practice pagan/neo-pagan religions (like Wicca, Druidism, Heathenry, or some form of pagan reconstructionism) tend to keep their faiths concealed or strictly private. That’s less of an issue among those who practice Chinese folk religions, and so you’ll see altars set up in Chinese businesses that still pay homage to the faiths of their [often agricultural] ancestors. However, like what pagans experience, those who still practice Chinese folk religions are considered fringe.
Source
Here is a web-site for Chinese pagan's, Wicca's and Witches. Source
I hope this helps. 

But Not in the Central Government, No the Party does not accept any form of religion and that is considered a form of worship.
This Blog i think would be a Very Interesting read for you. Link
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]