Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
WD-40, Right Up There With Duct Tape
I placed this thread in the Survival and Sustainability forum because I think if you had only these two items to work with, you'd get by fairly well, (not counting food, of course).

Just look at what all WD-40 does! tinywhat 

[Image: 1-369.jpg]

WD-40 Uses:

1. Protects silver from tarnishing.
2. Removes road tar and grime from cars.
3. Cleans and lubricates guitar strings.
4. Gives floor that ‘just-waxed’ sheen without making them slippery.
5. Keeps the flies off of Cows, Horses, and other Farm Critters, as well. (Ya gotta love this one!!!)
6. Restores and cleans chalkboards.
7. Removes lipstick stains.
8. Loosens stubborn zippers.
9. Untangles jewelry chains.
10. Removes stains from stainless steel sinks.
11. Removes dirt and grime from the barbecue grill.
12. Keeps ceramic / terracotta garden pots from oxidizing.
13. Removes tomato stains from clothing.
14. Keeps glass shower doors free of water spots.
15. Camouflages scratches in ceramic and marble floors.
16. Keeps scissors working smoothly.
17. Lubricates noisy door hinges on both home and vehicles doors.
18. It removes that nasty tar and scuff marks from the kitchen flooring.
It doesn’t seem to harm the finish and you won’t have to scrub nearly as hard to get them off.
Just remember to open some windows if you have a lot of marks.
19. Remove those nasty Bug guts that will eat away the finish on your car if not removed quickly!
20. Gives a children’s playground gym slide a shine for a super fast slide.
21. Lubricates gearshift and mower deck lever for ease of handling on riding mowers…
22. Rids kids rocking chair and swings of squeaky noises.
23. Lubricates tracks in sticking home windows and makes them easier to open.
24. Spraying an umbrella stem makes it easier to open and close.
25. Restores and cleans padded leather dashboards in vehicles, as well as vinyl bumpers.
26. Restores and cleans roof racks on vehicles.
27. Lubricates and stops squeaks in electric fans.
28. Lubricates wheel sprockets on tricycles, wagons, and bicycles for easy handling.
29. Lubricates fan belts on washers and dryers and keeps them running smoothly.
30. Keeps rust from forming on saws and saw blades, and other tools.
31. Removes grease splatters from stove-tops.
32. Keeps bathroom mirror from fogging.
33. Lubricates prosthetic limbs.
34. Keeps pigeons off the balcony (they hate the smell).
35. Removes all traces of duct tape.
36. Folks even spray it on their arms, hands, and knees to relieve arthritis pain.
37. Florida’s favorite use is: ‘cleans and removes love bugs from grills and bumpers.’
38. The favorite use in the state of New York, it protects the Statue of Liberty from the elements.
39. WD-40 attracts fish. Spray a little on live bait or lures and you will be catching the big one in no time. Also, it’s a lot cheaper than the chemical attractants that are made for just that purpose.
Keep in mind though, using some chemical laced baits or lures for fishing are not allowed in some states.
40. Use it for fire ant bites. It takes the sting away immediately and stops the itch.
41. It is great for removing crayon from walls. Spray it on the marks and wipe with a clean rag.
42. Also, if you’ve discovered that your teenage daughter has washed and dried a tube of lipstick with a load of laundry, saturate the lipstick spots with WD-40 and rewash. Presto! The lipstick is gone!
43. If you spray it inside a wet distributor cap, it will displace the moisture, allowing the engine to start.

Did you know that?  I knew part of those, but not all.  Wow!  

Now, as for Duct Tape, you can do just about anything with that stuff, especially if you're a "red neck".   tinylaughing 

How about adding more shelves to your refrigerator door?

[Image: 2312-610x360.jpg]

Or making a new hammock for your backyard?

[Image: 2212-610x360.jpg]

Going to a Black Tie event, but have no money to buy a new tie?  Try this...

[Image: 2011-610x360.jpg]

Or, how about a new pair of sandals?

[Image: 1711-610x360.jpg]

Forget expensive hair removal products; just use the duck tape.   tinybiggrin 

[Image: 1511-610x360.jpg]

Here is a video with 25 uses for this miracle tape:

And there you have it; the two most important items to throw in your survival bag: WD-40 and Duct Tape.   :smallwink:
That's Great,,, But for the True Survivalist with a need to Reach out And Touch Someone before They See You,,,,,,My Favorite.
[Image: 253c476bbdec3c8cd73e96e16a924a1e.jpg]
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(04-21-2017, 11:27 PM)guohua Wrote: That's Great,,, But for the True Survivalist with a need to Reach out And Touch Someone before They See You,,,,,,My Favorite.

I hear 'ya!   minusculethumbsup
Shoot, we keep 2 cans of WD-40 at all times.

One in the truck.
The other in the house.

Speaking of duct tape, you know that gooey sticky residue it leaves behind?
Guess what removes that????

Yep, you got it ---WD-40  :smallwink:

Never leave home without it!!  minusculebiggrin

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

Now this bit of info from the article I found interesting, being as I never knew 'where' the name was derived from....

Quote:WD-40 who knew?

“Water Displacement #40”

The product began from a search for a rust preventative solvent and degreaser to protect missile parts.

WD-40 was created in 1953, by three technicians at the San Diego Rocket Chemical Company.

Its name comes from the project that was to find a ‘Water Displacement’ Compound.
They were finally successful for a formulation, with their fortieth attempt, thus WD-40.

The ‘Convair Company’ bought it in bulk to protect their atlas missile parts.

Ken East (one of the original founders) says there is nothing in WD-40 that would hurt you.

Now I know.....pretty cool.    minusculethumbsup

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

I have used WD-40 and as a fan of the stuff, I'd say that if Earth is ever invaded by aliens,
it'll be discovered -probably by Tom Cruise or somebody good-looking like myself, that this
substance is the key to winning against the invaders.
tinyhuh

As far as the duct-tape is concerned, I can attest that I have seen Boy In A Dress take it on
his 'lust-jaunts' when visiting female neighbours. I have used the adhesive tape myself and all
I can say is space vehicle-surfaces, loose soles on boots, shed roof leaks and the removal of
unwanted anal hair can all benefit from this marvellous product.

*Caveat: I have never used duct-tape on a space vehicle or anal hair.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
While Duct Tape has it's many uses, Gorilla tape is where it's at for hair removal (yes, I have verified this...accidentally of course...)
(04-23-2017, 10:43 AM)BIAD Wrote: I have used WD-40 and as a fan of the stuff, I'd say that if Earth is ever invaded by aliens,
it'll be discovered -probably by Tom Cruise or somebody good-looking like myself, that this
substance is the key to winning against the invaders.
tinyhuh

As far as the duct-tape is concerned, I can attest that I have seen Boy In A Dress take it on
his 'lust-jaunts' when visiting female neighbours. I have used the adhesive tape myself and all
I can say is space vehicle-surfaces, loose soles on boots, shed roof leaks and the removal of

unwanted anal hair can all benefit from this marvellous product.

*Caveat: I have never used duct-tape on a space vehicle or anal hair.
WHAT?!
Not Head and Shoulders Dandruff Shampoo, I've been Stocking The Wrong Supplies?!
 Or Maybe Both,,,, Yes?

Duck tape is Good, but if you REALLY want to stop a leak,,, Use Flex Seal Tape.
That tape well stop any leak, just don't try and remove it after 24 hours, it won't come off.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(04-23-2017, 05:02 PM)guohua Wrote: Duck tape is Good, but if you REALLY want to stop a leak,,, Use Flex Seal Tape.
That tape well stop any leak, just don't try and remove it after 24 hours, it won't come off.

Flex Seal Tape has just come on the market over here in the UK.
Up until now, I had BIAD just put his mouth over the leak until a plumber arrived.
tinysurprised
It seems that the knife-wielding terrorists of London may have discovered the global love of duct-tape too...

London attackers' fake suicide belts revealed.

'Photos of the fake suicide belts worn by the London Bridge attackers have been released,
showing disposable water bottles wrapped in masking tape.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1959]

Police said they were designed to create "maximum fear".
"It could be that they had plans to take the attack into a siege situation or it might be that they saw
it as protection from being shot themselves," said Commander Dean Haydon.

"It makes the bravery of those police officers and members of the public who tackled the terrorists
even more remarkable," he added. "The belt would have been visible to them and if you are fighting
back or aiming a shot at someone wearing the device, you would clearly be very aware that you could
be caught in an explosion."

It comes after detectives gave new details about how Khuram Butt, Rachid Redouane and Youssef
Zaghba prepared their atrocity. Police say the trio used a bedsit in east London as a safe house and
rented a van after unsuccessfully attempting to hire a 7.5 tonne lorry...'
SOURCE:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Well, we knew it was only a matter of time...

Anything of such importance is always turned into a weapon eventually, right?  That's what the human race does! tinysure