Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Highland Fling with a selection of Gordi's Photos
Fellow Rogues,

I have put this one in the Rogues Promo cupboard because it is (kind of) promoting some of my own photography.

I have been... swithering (is that a word? deliberating maybe?) for a while now, about whether to pursue photography as more of a part-time career than the hobby that it has been... so Promo Spot it is!

A Highland Fling

On the weekend of 24-26th March 2017, I decided to go on a wee solo-camping trip to one of my favourite "get away from it all" locations in the beautiful Highlands of my native Scotland.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1475]

The journey up is beautiful enough, but especially so with the crisp & clear weather that I enjoyed on this occasion.

You turn off the "main" A-roads onto tiny single tracks as you get within a few miles of my destination.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1476]

A remote Highland Glen, with one single hotel/bar, a crystal-clear river or two and snow-topped mountains galore.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1477]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1478]

I was even lucky enough to meet some of the "wild locals" close-up! (Yes, that is my shadow!)

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1479]

[continued in next post]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I walked further than I have managed to walk in many years (dodgy knees!) and smiled more often than I can remember.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1481]

I crossed the river via "stepping stones", something that I haven't done since I was a kid!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1482]

...and I came home refreshed and relaxed!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1483]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1484]

The panorama shots make it look like the river bends away from you, but it doesn't!
You are seeing a 180 degree view from where I stood; If you imagine printing the image out on paper, then bending the paper across your eyes (like sunglasses!) then you'll see what I mean!

This last one was taken from the middle of the row of stepping stones I mentioned earlier...

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1485]

If you ever find yourself in Scotland... and need a tour-guide...?

BigG

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

There are no words.

We spend too-much time in this cyber-thingy and all the while,
spectacular countryside like above waits patiently for us to come
to our senses!

BIAD would be in that water with a large grin and a wiggling salmon
protruding from it!

Beautiful doesn't cut it.
minusculethumbsup
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(03-27-2017, 07:30 PM)BIAD Wrote: There are no words.

We spend too-much time in this cyber-thingy and all the while,
spectacular countryside like above waits patiently for us to come
to our senses!

BIAD would be in that water with a large grin and a wiggling salmon
protruding from it!

Beautiful doesn't cut it.
minusculethumbsup

Cheers!
That description of BIAD does conjure up a certain... image! LOL (Is he coming with you when you come up btw??)

I am (very) lucky enough to live just over 2 hours from that particular spot, and YES sometimes we forget to unplug and just get out there.
Where would you like to be in 2 hours time? Sitting on the 'puter looking at images of nice views...? or..... actually being there!!

It's weird how we get stuck in the cyber-rut.

Thanks P!

G
(03-27-2017, 07:40 PM)gordi Wrote: Cheers!
That description of BIAD does conjure up a certain... image! LOL (Is he coming with you when you come up btw??)
Well I wouldn't dare leave him down here!!
tinysurprised
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Looks as good as any professional photos I've seen.     minusculeclap 

Beautiful country.  Nothing like getting out in nature to clear one's head of all the bull shit. 
I grew up in the country, and I'm really missing it now in my older years.
Excellent Pictures!  minusculethumbsup2

Great looking Trout Streams. Fish fry and Deer Steaks,,, YES!

Just Awesomely Beautiful Country. 
Thank You
Gordi
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Just beautiful !

My daughter in law was in Scotland just recently and I am JEALOUS LOL !!!

How I wish I could visit, eventually.

Great scenery there Big G and I love the Indiana Jones shadow : )

minusculethumbsup2 minusculethumbsup2
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
(03-29-2017, 12:38 PM)Sol Wrote: Just beautiful !

My daughter in law was in Scotland just recently and I am JEALOUS LOL !!!

How I wish I could visit, eventually.

Great scenery there Big G and I love the Indiana Jones shadow : )

minusculethumbsup2  minusculethumbsup2

Yeah, she's a good kisser.... it was the "Indy" hat that did it!!!! ROFL
Unashamed *BUMP, you newbies HAVE to see this!
G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
That is so very beautiful and Not Like Australia where everything want to Hurt You or Kill You  tinybiggrin
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(08-10-2020, 04:20 PM)gordi Wrote: Unashamed *BUMP, you newbies HAVE to see this!
G

Crikey, you rucky rucky bastard.  'Majestic' is all I can use to describe those pics.  

A great insight to Scotland.  Should be more of it.  Please post more pics of these far away places.

Kind regards,

Bally:)
(08-10-2020, 07:31 PM)guohua Wrote: That is so very beautiful and Not Like Australia where everything want to Hurt You or Kill You  tinybiggrin

Lol.  Yes, I must say I have been to some beautiful places in Oz.  I was gazing, drooling at the pic of Gordi's shadow and the salmon.  Must be the Aussie in me but I would have caught it and eaten it. lol.

It's not just the fauna and flora over here that gets you.

Cheers,

Bally:0:)
I always had an inner desire to do professional photography. Lord knows I live in ONE of the most beautiful places on earth, so it wouldn't be hard to sell my pictures. I went as far as looking into photography classes to learn all about the parts of the camera, lighting, angles, etc.

Then, life happened.

Life doesn't always work out the way we want. Now I'm too old and disabled to pursue that dream.

If you still want this @"gordi", don't wait around until it's too late.

As I stated earlier, those photos are fabulously beautiful.
(03-27-2017, 07:07 PM)gordi Wrote: Fellow Rogues,

I have put this one in the Rogues Promo cupboard because it is (kind of) promoting some of my own photography.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1478]

I was even lucky enough to meet some of the "wild locals" close-up! (Yes, that is my shadow!)

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1479]

My favorites!!  First one would inspire Bob Ross I betcha.  Even has rows of "happy little trees" flanking the mountain vista.

Thanks for the bump, Gordi.
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
I have to wake up and look out the window at that kind of scenery every day minusculebeercheers
When you control the healthy its called tyranny.
Organized conspiracy by people in power is a matter of history not of theory

It is more fitting for a man to laugh at life than to lament over it. seneca.

On adventia with Dementia

“Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.” Marcus Aurelius
(09-12-2020, 06:44 PM)Stoner William Wrote: I have to wake up and look out the window at that kind of scenery every day minusculebeercheers

Aye, It's a hard life man!
tinylaughing
G
Great pics Gordi.  You should have some of those on canvas. Was thinking of starting a photography thread as it's a hobby of mine too. Keep em coming auld boy  minusculebeercheers
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8031]
(09-14-2020, 07:14 PM)TheDoctor46 Wrote: Great pics Gordi.  You should have some of those on canvas. Was thinking of starting a photography thread as it's a hobby of mine too. Keep em coming auld boy  minusculebeercheers

Cheers Doc!
minusculebeercheers

Will do.
G