Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
RN Information Guide
(05-18-2016, 11:14 PM)senona Wrote:
Posting Images

When posting images, simply click on the image icon at top that is to the left of the 'envelope'

[Image: gAOUYlU.png]

When the window pops open, simply copy/paste the image url in there and hit 'INSERT'
(no need to worry about width/height)

[Image: bueezKt.png]

This can also be done manually by inserting the image code tags as shown below:

Code:
[img]insert image url address[/img]

If you would rather upload image from computer, just click on attachments which is found below posting box

[Image: EZ64Rrk.png]

The attachments will appear as thumb size but will appear larger when clicked on

A life-saver! Thanks Sen, you're a diamond.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
BIAD said:
Quote:A life-saver! Thanks Sen, you're a diamond.

Shhhh  Don't Let It get out,,,, Those Other Sites Will Try and Take Her Away,,,,  :stumped:  Can't Have That!!!!
But you're right she's the BEST!  :biggrin:
That Our Senona   :sorryiloveu:
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Yes, she is !!!

You guys have no idea what she does in the background, fixing things here, fixing things there...and always willing to help...

We are VERY fortunate !!!
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
If you need to clear out a bbcode and you don't want to fool with starting over, just high light the coded area and hit this cute little guy right here....

[Image: FN7ji86.png]

It looks like an 'A-' next to the color chart

That will clear any font color code that you want to reset
Or the font size etc etc

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

As an added note, when changing font colors......

Please keep in mind that both templates (light/dark) are set to where the font color shows up to be readable.
Both in the comment area and the quote box

However, when manually changing the text color, what may show up on the Light colored theme, may not show up on the dark background theme

And vise versa.....what manually gets changed on dark, may not show up on the light background theme

If you are unsure of what it may look like to others using a different colored theme, all you have to do is click the button at the bottom right of page to switch, it only takes a couple of seconds to double check

[Image: DtkBjaA.png]

Thank You!

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

A question ...... how does one upload a pic to add to a post when making a thread ??????? 

As next march ........ unless find way to dodge it ....... may have to go singapore for awhile on business ...... thought maybe would write up post on couple places there with lots ghosts an even try get pics ( of buildings not the ghosts as they not keen on get their pic taken ...... ) to add to it ......  

Otherwise may just do write up of it without pics ...... as if end up having to go figured would buy couple bottles whisky an go drink with the ghosts one night while there ......
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

(12-16-2016, 05:23 PM)Daitengu Wrote: A question ...... how does one upload a pic to add to a post when making a thread ??????? 

For myself, I find that if I'm using an image from Google Images, I view the image
and copy it's URL address. Then after touching the area of the text box where
you want the image, insert that address in the window-like icon in the tools above
and press 'insert'
(It looks like this)

[Image: attachment.php?aid=910]

If you wish to upload an image from your own device, then below this text box,
on the left and just above the 'Post Reply' button, there's a facility named
'New Attachment' and has a paper-clip icon beside it,

Click 'Choose File', find the image from your device and press 'open'
On the right-hand side opposite the 'Choose File' button, there's a button
called 'Add Attachment' Press that with the bottom of your vodka bottle.
Now post Reply.

The thumbnail at the bottom-left of your post... click on it and copy it's
URL address. Press 'Full Edit' and then with that address, do just the same as
the advice at the beginning of this post and insert it using the 'Insert An Image'
icon.
(Hope it helps)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(12-16-2016, 05:23 PM)Daitengu Wrote: A question ...... how does one upload a pic to add to a post when making a thread ??????? 

As next march ........ unless find way to dodge it ....... may have to go singapore for awhile on business ...... thought maybe would write up post on couple places there with lots ghosts an even try get pics ( of buildings not the ghosts as they not keen on get their pic taken ...... ) to add to it ......  

Otherwise may just do write up of it without pics ...... as if end up having to go figured would buy couple bottles whisky an go drink with the ghosts one night while there ......
I right click the image and then click on Copy Image Address and then goto my post and click on the Tab that says Insert an Image and right click in the URL: Box and click Paste then click Insert.
Like This.
[Image: article-2655961-1EAF044E00000578-273_634x560.jpg]
How do we link a post from another thread to a different thread?
(02-20-2017, 06:38 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: How do we link a post from another thread to a different thread?
link

All i did was go to the link you want and Right Click on it and then chose "Copy Link Address"
then go to your thread or post and use the Above URL tab for adding a link to a Source or Link just like you'd do if you were coping a URL from a web page.

That's how I added the link to this post.
I don't know how to subscribe yet, but I am certain I will after reading this, thus the reply, so forgive an ignorant newby.
No Forgiveness needed, No Here, We're like a Big Family.

Take your time, and play with the tabs to see what they do or can do, you can't break anything.
That's My Job!  tinylaughing

Like your Avatar.
(09-17-2018, 04:09 AM)guohua Wrote: ...Like your Avatar.

THANK YOU.
tinylaughing 

WIS is a donkeys ass in a onesie. (J/K!!)

I took that photo through my rifle scope, but I didn't have the heart to shoot..... yet!
So, I just decided to turn it into her avatar.
(She'll change it in about 30 secs... once she figures out How To!! - so that will probably be about 30 days!!!! haha)

I'm about to get beat up aren't I?  < hiding >
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
Hi WIS, when I saw your avatar at first I though it was Gordi, then I noticed the sun glasses were missing  minusculebiggrin
When you get to my age you dont much worry about getting shot by an enraged Scot  minusculebiggrin minusculebiggrin
Welcome WIS, We have good people here at RN

PS
Gordi I was only joking  tinysurprised I do worry about getting shot by an enraged Scot, and just to be a 100% clear I was joking about the avatar.
(09-17-2018, 07:39 AM)gordi Wrote: [quote='guohua' pid='26985' dateline='1537153764']

...Like your Avatar.

THANK YOU.
tinylaughing 

WIS is a donkeys ass in a onesie. (J/K!!)

I took that photo through my rifle scope, but I didn't have the heart to shoot..... yet!
So, I just decided to turn it into her avatar.
(She'll change it in about 30 secs... once she figures out How To!! - so that will probably be about 30 days!!!! haha)

I'm about to get beat up aren't I?  < hiding >

You are naughty, very, very naughty. You are shamelessly taking advantage of my "beginners handicap". Revenge is sweet and long, my friend. minusculebeercheers
(09-17-2018, 03:22 PM)Wallfire Wrote: Hi WIS, when I saw your avatar at first I though it was Gordi, then I noticed the sun glasses were missing  minusculebiggrin
When you get to my age you dont much worry about getting shot by an enraged Scot  minusculebiggrin minusculebiggrin

PS
Gordi I was only joking  tinysurprised I do worry about getting shot by an enraged Scot, and just to be a 100% clear I was joking about the avatar.
Hello Wallfire and thank you. Don't apologize to him, he couldn't hit an elephant if it was right in front of him. They have all those skirts blocking they view.  minusculebiggrin  They paint them selves blue, have too much uisge beatha and brag about the size of the army they seized. He won't even remember you offended him. 
minusculebeercheers and thanks again.
I think I figured out the quote thing. Yeah, Hurray
(09-17-2018, 03:22 PM)Wallfire Wrote: Hi WIS, when I saw your avatar at first I though it was Gordi, then I noticed the sun glasses were missing  minusculebiggrin

PS

This is ALL going in my little tartan notebook.... as soon as I buy a little tartan notebook.... and a pen....!
tinyhuh
(09-18-2018, 01:00 AM)WalksInSilence Wrote: You are naughty, very, very naughty. You are shamelessly taking advantage of my "beginners handicap". Revenge is sweet and long, my friend. minusculebeercheers
One of my very favourite T-Shirts.... I spotted a girl wearing it..... and it said...

"YOU are a VERY NAUGHTY BOY!
...Go to MY room!"

tinylaughing 
TRUE Story that.
(09-18-2018, 01:12 AM)WalksInSilence Wrote: Hello Wallfire and thank you. Don't apologize to him, he couldn't hit an elephant if it was right in front of him. They have all those skirts blocking they view.  minusculebiggrin  They paint them selves blue, have too much uisge beatha and brag about the size of the army they seized. He won't even remember you offended him. 
minusculebeercheers and thanks again.
I think I figured out the quote thing. Yeah, Hurray

I'll have you know that we Scots are naturally blue. (It's the weather)
It takes a week in the Sun for us to turn White, then 30 secs later we're a kind of Lobster Red.... not a great look I'll admit.

PS - We have ELEPHANTS???????
Great information thank you.

I have a question.

I dont have the option to change my username.
I joined yesterday. Over at ATS we were saying we would put ATS at the end of our usernames so others would know its us. But im already seeing a lot of people i know here and no one has ATS at the end of their names.
Can i or you take off the ATS at the end of my name and just have it as SecretKnowledge?
[Image: birds.gif]
[Image: yc51103838.gif]