Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Elector Refuses to Vote the Will Of The People
The article, in its entirety is written by Texas Elector Christopher Suprun, and I checked, he is a real elector in the state of Texas. The title of the article is Why I WILL NOT Cast My Electoral Vote for Donald Trump.

Quote:.....now I am asked to cast a vote on Dec. 19 for someone who shows daily he is not qualified for the office....

The election of the next president is not yet a done deal. Electors of conscience can still do the right thing for the good of the country. Presidential electors have the legal right and a constitutional duty to vote their conscience. I believe electors should unify behind a Republican alternative, an honorable and qualified man or woman such as Gov. John Kasich of Ohio. I pray my fellow electors will do their job and join with me in discovering who that person should be.

Fifteen years ago, I swore an oath to defend my country and Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. On Dec. 19, I will do it again.

Source

I have looked into this man, Politico reported some time back that he was someone who said he would have a difficult time voting for Trump should he win the state of Texas, but then he later recanted, and claimed he never said that.

Source

So, I cannot but think he likely did write this article stating that he was not going to vote for Trump on December the 19th.

Texas, is one of 21 states without faithless elector laws, so he will face no state penalty for abstaining to vote, or for voting for someone other than Trump.

Source

There is a concerted effort among democrats to convince republican electors to go against the vote of their states and vote for someone else.

Quote:At least a half-dozen Democratic electors have signed onto an attempt to block Donald Trump from winning an Electoral College majority, an effort designed not only to deny Trump the presidency but also to undermine the legitimacy of the institution.

The presidential electors, mostly former Bernie Sanders supporters who hail from Washington state and Colorado, are now lobbying their Republican counterparts in other states to reject their oaths — and in some cases, state law — to vote against Trump when the Electoral College meets on Dec. 19.

Source

Now, with Donald Trump having 309 electoral votes, you would think his hold on winning the electoral college is solid, even if he looses a few of the electors votes in the 19th.

But this might not be completely true. Michigan was ordered by a federal judge to go forward with the recount on Monday, even though according to Michigan state law any recount has to be done by hand (not machines), and the recount has to be certified by December 13th. That gave them 8 days to do a recount of the entire state, by hand.

Michigan as a result, if it cannot get the recount done in time, stands to loose all of its electoral votes in the college. Basically, if the recount is not certified, the people of Michigan have no voice in this election.

Source

In the end, while this is a long shot, and a last ditch effort if the votes in a state Like Michigan can be disenfranchised of their electoral college votes, perhaps another state as well as recounts are ongoing in four states I believe, coupled with a few faithless electors, this ditch effort might put the election results on rocky ground.

Ultimately, however, it will fail, as in all such instances like this it would be placed before the House if these republican faithless electors vote for someone other than Clinton, and the House would then vote on the matter. With the Republicans in the control of the House, and Trump giving establishment republicans in cabinet positions, it should go to Trump in the end.

Ultimately, this last ditch effort, seems more an effort to make people loose confidence in the electoral college, and the real issue now rears its ugly head - for if people loose confidence in the electoral college and remove the college from our election system, the democrats will never loose another election again in the future history of our nation, and the large coastal cities will run this entire country, and the many and disparate people's in states throughout this nation, will be disenfranchised once and for all of their voice.

We cannot allow this to happen, we cannot allow them to undermine our electoral college. The founders gave us this system for our benefit, and it behooves us not to forget it.

To wrap up with the heartwarming - John Kasich made a wonderful statement today, denouncing the faithless electors who are talking about voting for him, and told them not to bother casting their vote for him.  Source
Oh my!   mediumfacepalm How much longer must I hold my breath?   The anxiety this is causing me is almost too much!

Trump has been very busy "taking care of business", even before his takes his oath. 
Today there was an article on Yahoo! News about him selling his interest in the pipeline because it conflicted with his Presidential responsibilities.

Source

Okay... breathe and wait.   tinyshocked
Hang em ...... hang em high .......  enough of the bullshit by the treasonous scum destroying the country ......
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

(12-07-2016, 02:46 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Oh my!   mediumfacepalm How much longer must I hold my breath?   The anxiety this is causing me is almost too much!

Trump has been very busy "taking care of business", even before his takes his oath. 
Today there was an article on Yahoo! News about him selling his interest in the pipeline because it conflicted with his Presidential responsibilities.

Source

Okay... breathe and wait.   tinyshocked

Well, we will wait and see, however even if they do flip enough electors, it will end up in the house where the outcome will be for Trump.. as I was saying before, I think this entire exercise is to undermine confidence in the electoral college. 

They have been pushing to remove the electoral college, and I think that is what this is about.. If they can make people distrust electors, then they think they can get people to vote to remove the college.
(12-07-2016, 03:15 AM)Daitengu Wrote: Hang em ...... hang em high .......  enough of the bullshit by the treasonous scum destroying the country ......

You are correct Daitengu, this is tantamount to treason. They are attempting to disenfranchise every American of their vote, and overthrow the constitutionality elected President. 

Hubby is afraid war is coming. At this point he doesn't think they are going to stop until they get their way. 

No one on the right liked Obama. He was a Marxist in college, a Muslim from birth and some would argue a Kenyan.  Yet no one on the right did this, no one attempted to vote for someone else in the electoral college, there was no rioting in the streets...

What we are facing right now is historical.
(12-07-2016, 03:58 AM)Grace Wrote:
(12-07-2016, 03:15 AM)Daitengu Wrote: Hang em ...... hang em high .......  enough of the bullshit by the treasonous scum destroying the country ......

You are correct Daitengu, this is tantamount to treason. They are attempting to disenfranchise every American of their vote, and overthrow the constitutionality elected President. 

Hubby is afraid war is coming. At this point he doesn't think they are going to stop until they get their way. 

No one on the right liked Obama. He was a Marxist in college, a Muslim from birth and some would argue a Kenyan.  Yet no one on the right did this, no one attempted to vote for someone else in the electoral college, there was no rioting in the streets...

What we are facing right now is historical.

In one of those videos I shared about Field McConnell, he said "Obama" went to his school and he registered there as... oh crap... I forget, but you can listen to it and find out.  Point being, he was from a different country, with a different name, and registered as a Muslim.  Go figure.  So, it seems whoever was raising the question about his place of birth was right; he is NOT an U.S. Citizen!
Ah hell. I had a long, well thought out, and reasoned post to put here, and the 'puter ate it. I'm not typing all that up again. The gist was "bring it on, boys. I'm ready whenever you are". I'm an old man now, not at all physically able for what is coming, so I have no illusions, no doubt they'll take me out on Day One of the war they're hoping for. So be it. The only thing in question is how many of them will be going with me that day. I figure that if I can take at least two out, and they can only take one of me out, then I'm ahead, I win their silly little game.

So jump when you feel froggy, boys. Pick the two (or however many) you're willing to sacrifice to me on Day One before you get me, and lets get this show on the road. I never planned on living forever anyhow. It would be ever so kind of you to mark the sacrifices with a big bulls-eye for my convenience, and put them right out front in the open so's I don't get the wrong ones. Not my fault if you send a few spares and they get got, too. You should have kept them in their mom's basements with their video games. You don't get re-spawns in the real world.

Have pointy stick, will travel.

We've seen the same scenario happen all over the world, and it always follows the same pattern they're putting into play here. Fomented "unrest" >> demonstrations >> riots >> stuffing ballot boxes >> and when none of that works, >> civil war.  I'm not living under communism, so it's just as well they take me out on Day One of their American Civil War II.

Come get some.

My only regret is that those who give enough of a crap to bury me seem to be bound and determined to die with me, so the final disposition of my carcass will probably be a bug, worm, and critter eaten pile of goo, with no one to throw dirt in my face to keep the critters off. That's gross, and it sucks, but that's the way it goes some times.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(12-07-2016, 08:06 AM)Ninurta Wrote: My only regret is that those who give enough of a crap to bury me seem to be bound and determined to die with me, so the final disposition of my carcass will probably be a bug, worm, and critter eaten pile of goo, with no one to throw dirt in my face to keep the critters off. That's gross, and it sucks, but that's the way it goes some times.

It's not like you know a lot of people who could actually dig the hole anyway - your not a young'un these days, as you yourself have acknowledged, and I'm sure those who you know are not young'uns either to have the ability to dig 6 foot holes. 

As far as it being gross, no worries, you won't notice! And once your in heaven, it's doubtful you will even care! 

tinylaughing
Ninurta ....... if ya not far from fayetteville ..... theres still plenty yards around that hate commies with a passion and who would lend a hand ......  though hoping the levels of stupid over there dont go that far ...... 

As sidenote .... it would probably end very poorly for the commie scum as they at a severe disadvantage over there in such situations .....  

Meh ...... need more to drink ..... english making my head hurt again ......
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

The people have voted. Through the lies and deceptions thrown at them. Through the propaganda machine that skyrocketed over them.

The people have voted.

The people.

That little something that governments around the world haven't given a shit about for the last many decades.

The people.

We, from other countries that also see through the bullshit, can only look at all of you with awe. Your voices have been heard.

Removing that voice would end in such a nightmare scenario.

I don't think it'll happen.

~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
(12-07-2016, 12:16 PM)Grace Wrote: ...It's not like you know a lot of people who could actually dig the hole anyway...

This may not be a problem as Boy In A Dress has assured me many times that
when... and there's a big debate that's been running for some time in realms that
govern this reality that Ninurta might not be allowed to bite the big one, if it happens,
BIAD stated that none of the factions above, below or sideways, want to deal with
his grouchiness.

So he may be stuck here for a long, long time.
tinyhuh
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(12-07-2016, 01:16 PM)Sol Wrote: The people have voted...

...I don't think it'll happen.

I totally agree Sol.
With all respect to the U.S citizens, there are times when you tend to see your own country
as the whole world... and you can do that, you're the last Superpower on Earth.

But we on the outside look to you guys for the way forward and when you hold up a piece
of paper stating this is who you are and how you exist, we nod and believe.

Those same citizens have spoken and regardless of 'Illuminati' power moguls with their own
agenda, sulking politicians or money-grabbing corporations, it's a voice that none dare mess
with.

Screwing over the masses only works when those same masses fairly content. Piss 'em off and 
the system grinds to a halt. AND nobody wants that!
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe.