Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mayan Zodiac Signs And Their Meanings
What is your sign?  Do you agree with what it says?  

I received this in an email, and thought I'd share.  I've never seen a Mayan Zodiac Chart before, have you?

Mayan zodiac signs and their meanings:

[Image: Mayan_zodiac.png]

Source

Quote:Ch’en: January 2nd to January 21st

Ch’en are people of the night. After the sun goes down, all of their energy bubbles up. Full moons make you extra wild, and facing westward during meditation is most beneficial to you.

Yax: January 22nd to February 10th

Yax people are ruled by the planet Venus and have a love for nature. You are gentle and caring by nature and tend to make a good diplomat or peace keeper. You try to create harmony wherever you go.

Sac: February 11th to March 2nd

Sac signs love the day time. They are the types to rise with the sun and be most productive during the morning hours. Your cardinal direction is north and the frog is your power animal. Like the frog, be sure to embrace quick changes.

Keh: March 3rd to March 22nd

Keh signs also love nature, but tend to be greater activists for the environment. They’re more fiery, red being a power color. Meditation in forests specifically helps breathe new, peaceful life into your spirit. The deer is your totem animal.

Mak: March 23rd to April 11th

Mak people are the greatest mysteries of all the Mayan signs. You can seem like an enigma to other, as if you’re hiding away a part of yourself. 3 is your power number, as the number 3 is a symbol for balance and divinity.

K’ank’in: April 12th to May 1st

K’ank’in people feel a love of the earth below their feet and the sun above their heads. They recognize the need for completion in everything. Your spirit animal is the dog, known for their loyalty and strength.

Muwan: May 2nd to May 21st

Muwan signs are drawn to the polar elements water and fire. Thunderstorms bring great strength and energy to you. Your totem animal is the owl, with the ability to see in darkness and detect the truth.

Pax: May 22nd to June 10th

Pax people are the ultimate born leaders. They draw strength from the people around them and tend to be straight forward. Their element is water vapor, a mixture of earth, water, and fire.

Kayab: June 11th to June 30th

Kayab people love the moon and all things spiritual. You’re likely drawn to understand the deeper meanings behind mundane things. You read between the lines and are incredibly wise.

Kumk’u: July 1st to July 20th

Kumk’u signs are the ultimate politicians. They can understand both sides of a debate and honor the wisdom of others. You are a survivor and are quick to embrace changes.

Wayeb: July 21st to July 25th

Wayeb people are an anomaly among the Mayan signs, as there is a very narrow window for them to be born. These people are born to bring balance to all the other signs. In some ways, Wayeb is the scapegoat, taking on all the poor luck and negativity of people. You’re more likely to have ESP.

Pop: July 26th to August 14th

Pop signs are also leaders, but they tend not to be the grandiose leaders that the Pax may have. They lead quietly in fields they are most comfortable.

Wo: August 15th to September 3rd

Wo shares similarities to Sac and Che’n signs. You gain wisdom from the night hours but also draw strength from the sun. You’re likely to seek out mysteries in this realm.

Sip: September 4th to September 23rd

Sip is known for grace and nobility. Deep, dank forests are where you gain your strength, as your totem animal is the stag. Sip is the sign most likely to grow from weathering a storm.

Sotz: September 24th to October 13th

Sotz people actually have two totem animals, the bat and the fish. Both are able to move seamlessly through their environments; the bat through the air and the fish at sea. Life is smooth for Sotz, but be careful not to become too comfortable with the ease of life.
Sec: October 14th to November 2nd

Sec people have a fascination with the sky and with the universe as a whole. You can examine problems and come up with multiple solutions. Your gift is knowing which of those solutions is right.

Xul: November 3rd to November 22nd

Xul people are more closely connected with the spirit world than any other. They are often associated with the dog totem, as dogs are believed to guide people into the next life. You are loyal, strong, and dedicated to your family.

Yaxk’in: November 23rd to December 12th

Yaxk’in are people born in close connection with the sun god Ah Kin. You provide protection to others from darkness and disease. You’re a natural born healer but can be indecisive.

Mol: December 13th to January 1st

The Mol are the people who are said to bring blessings and good rains. They often lead the life of spiritual leaders.
No I'm not familiar with the Mayan signs

Quote:Muwan: May 2nd to May 21st

Muwan signs are drawn to the polar elements water and fire. Thunderstorms bring great strength and energy to you.

Your totem animal is the owl, with the ability to see in darkness and detect the truth.

Good, I've always liked owls. 
Do not mind having him as my totem animal

Not sure what this is supposed to be tho...lol
Which you know has meaning, but I just do not know what it is

[Image: PgEtU50.png]

Of course, you and I are probably the same thing (winks)
BUMP!  BUMP!  BUMP!

How about some of you new people here tell us if your Mayan zodiac matches how you see yourself.  Mine is the same as Senona's previously posted. The part about being able to see into the dark and see the truth is correct.   tinybiggrin 

WHAT'S YOUR SIGN?
I am a Chen and my husband is the Yax.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
I am a Sotz

Sotz: September 24th to October 13th

Sotz people actually have two totem animals, the bat and the fish. Both are able to move seamlessly through their environments; the bat through the air and the fish at sea. Life is smooth for Sotz, but be careful not to become too comfortable with the ease of life.

I fucking wish life was smooth lol
I was born with a Thorn in my Soul, sometimes it hurts.

Nature gave us one tongue and two ears so we could hear twice as much as we speak.

- Epictetus

K'ank'in ? 

Description and symbols show two slightly different words but yeah, April 16th here.  minusculebeercheers
Ch'en didn't fit with me but I'm on the other side of the world and nowadays tend to be in bed by 8.30pm.  

In Aboriginal terms my kin sign is 'rain maker or dancer'.  I think I've mentioned this before.  My totem was the kangaroo back in those days but I don't know since I've moved away to the eastern state if that still stands.

But in saying that when I moved to a more central part of the country  in early 2002 I was given the totem of emu.  (And a nice painting as such).

The male emu tends to the nest and raising the young ones after the female has finished laying the eggs.

So I can take that.  Hope this isn't off topic.

My kind regards,

Bally:)
Thanks for posting. I was born on May 1st, so I guess I’m right at the edge. This describes me very well. I absolutely love dogs, and am very loyal, sometimes to my detriment. So I have learned something new. 

K’ank’in: April 12th to May 1st

K’ank’in people feel a love of the earth below their feet and the sun above their heads. They recognize the need for completion in everything. Your spirit animal is the dog, known for their loyalty and strength.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]