Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Flashlight That Can Start Fires and Cook Dinner
[Image: 1b65928211d24de998845db96d75d5d8.png]

For those of you who like neat survival stuff, I thought this to be interesting.
A flashlight where the light is so intense, it can start fires.

Introducing by Wicked Lasers, FlashTorch Mini.

Quote:Wicked Lasers is known for its handheld lasers and flashlights that redefine what it means to be bright. A few years ago it released a flashlight that was intense enough to start a fire, and now the company has managed to dramatically shrink its design so you can easily bring it the next time you go camping and leave the matches at home.

At over eight-and-a-half inches long the FlashTorch Mini still isn’t something you can clip to your keychain and keep in your pocket. But its about 40 percent smaller than the original FlashTorch, while maintaining the ability to start fires, or cook dinner, thanks to its impressive 2,300 lumen output. For comparison, that’s roughly the same brightness as a video projector used in a large lecture hall.

At max brightness the FlashTorch Mini’s rechargeable batteries will only last for about 30 minutes. But you can dial back the lumens to a setting that’s still bright, just not completely blinding, to max out battery life to up to 100 minutes. The most important feature, however, is an automatic lockout mode which prevents the $200 FlashTorch Mini from accidentally powering on in your bag, turning your camping gear into an instant, but presumably unwanted, bonfire.

I love this kind of thing.
Cool flashlights and knives I am drawn to, don't ask. Just am.

Watch this short video, you will see what it can do.

I want one!!! minusculeredtantrum

How cool is that?!  Love it.   minusculethumbsup

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

will stick with rubbing sticks together to make fires ..... besides the high-tech toys will fail when you need em most .....  plus without the added weight of useless high tech toys can move faster  .... cover more ground ..... less chance of being detected .....
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

Very Nice, Imagine using it to light your cigar or cigarette and burning off your Mustache or Eye Brows!
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(10-25-2016, 04:54 AM)Daitengu Wrote: will stick with rubbing sticks together to make fires ..... besides the high-tech toys will fail when you need em most .....  plus without the added weight of useless high tech toys can move faster  .... cover more ground ..... less chance of being detected .....

Pffffft.
Party pooper.   minusculetongue

Anyhoo-- neat little toy regardless IMO.  

Being as I'm not the one hunting muzzies,  it wouldn't hurt for me to have "in case of". (grins)

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

(10-25-2016, 05:27 AM)guohua Wrote: Very Nice, Imagine using it to light your cigar or cigarette and burning off your Mustache or Eye Brows!

LMAO...oh yeah.

That would have to be on a list of "things NOT to do with it". tinyhuh

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

I have a thing for flashlights and cameras.  Can't afford the cameras I would like to have, but over the past years, where I worked graveyard shift, we were required to carry a flashlight.  It became somewhat of a competition to see who had the best one that would shine the brightest and have the most functions.  I think this one could win. tinycool
Some people paid over $100 for their flashlights, but I couldn't go that route; too expensive for my pocketbook!   tinyshocked
I could never carry it on my person because I drained the batteries before the night was over.  Put new ones in... same thing. 
I had a nice one, but keeping batteries was expensive enough, without using the light bill money to buy a flashlight. LOL
I'll SEE your 2300 lumen Flash Torch Mini...
And RAISE with a home-made 72000 lumen Water Cooled LED one... LOL

Next step up is... the Sun!!! LOL
G
(10-25-2016, 07:24 PM)gordi Wrote: I'll SEE your 2300 lumen Flash Torch Mini...

G

Amazing ! minusculebeercheers
(10-25-2016, 07:24 PM)gordi Wrote: I'll SEE your 2300 lumen Flash Torch Mini...

G

Dayum!!    
(show off)   tinysure

That is some serious lighting there.
Pretty clever engineering went into making that, impressive.

Great for scoping out to see where the zombies are.   minusculebiggrin

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

Ya missing all the fun .... got spare rifle can loan ya so ya can hunt muzzies too .....  they always in season an no bag limits .....
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

There's a slimmer version though, isn't there?!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=666]

Samsung Note 7 explodes setting Jeep on fire:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(10-26-2016, 12:24 PM)BIAD Wrote: There's a slimmer version though, isn't there?!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=666]

Samsung Note 7 explodes setting Jeep on fire:

LMAO....oh that was a low blow. (snickers) smallcrackingup

Nah, you can have the SG Note 7 and I'll stick with my new FlashTorch Mini.  :smallwink:

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

(10-25-2016, 04:10 AM)senona Wrote:
[Image: 1b65928211d24de998845db96d75d5d8.png]

For those of you who like neat survival stuff, I thought this to be interesting.
A flashlight where the light is so intense, it can start fires.

Introducing by Wicked Lasers, FlashTorch Mini.

Quote:Wicked Lasers is known for its handheld lasers and flashlights that redefine what it means to be bright. A few years ago it released a flashlight that was intense enough to start a fire, and now the company has managed to dramatically shrink its design so you can easily bring it the next time you go camping and leave the matches at home.

At over eight-and-a-half inches long the FlashTorch Mini still isn’t something you can clip to your keychain and keep in your pocket. But its about 40 percent smaller than the original FlashTorch, while maintaining the ability to start fires, or cook dinner, thanks to its impressive 2,300 lumen output. For comparison, that’s roughly the same brightness as a video projector used in a large lecture hall.

At max brightness the FlashTorch Mini’s rechargeable batteries will only last for about 30 minutes. But you can dial back the lumens to a setting that’s still bright, just not completely blinding, to max out battery life to up to 100 minutes. The most important feature, however, is an automatic lockout mode which prevents the $200 FlashTorch Mini from accidentally powering on in your bag, turning your camping gear into an instant, but presumably unwanted, bonfire.

I love this kind of thing.
Cool flashlights and knives I am drawn to, don't ask. Just am.

Watch this short video, you will see what it can do.

I want one!!! minusculeredtantrum

How cool is that?!  Love it.   minusculethumbsup

This is very very cool! However, I have a difficult time overlooking the $200.00 price tag, plus shipping. But cool nonetheless..
(10-27-2016, 02:34 PM)Grace Wrote: This is very very cool! However, I have a difficult time overlooking the $200.00 price tag, plus shipping. But cool nonetheless..

True that.

As with much of what I do, this is just 'window shopping'.
Or rather 'browser' shopping. ha.

Add it to my ever growing 'Wish List'....sigh.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

(10-28-2016, 01:30 AM)senona Wrote:
(10-27-2016, 02:34 PM)Grace Wrote: This is very very cool! However, I have a difficult time overlooking the $200.00 price tag, plus shipping. But cool nonetheless..

True that.

As with much of what I do, this is just 'window shopping'.
Or rather 'browser' shopping. ha.

Add it to my ever growing 'Wish List'....sigh.

I do that too . The wish list of stuff that I will buy when I win the lottery. It's something nice to dream about sometimes.. hahaha..