Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Robo Bees For Pollination
ROBOTIC BEES ARE NOW BEING BUILT TO POLLINATE CROPS INSTEAD OF REAL BEES

Link To Robo Bees Artical

"Honeybees pollinate almost a third of the food we consume, but they’ve been dying at alarming rates due to threats like habitat loss and disease, as well as colony collapse disorder (CCD), the phenomenon where worker bees abandon their hives, leaving behind only the queen bee and enough food and nurse bees to help take care of the immature bees and the queen. There is also increasing evidence of a direct link between neonicotinoids, which are the most common type of insecticides, and CCD.

Then, last week, federal authorities placed seven yellow-faced bee species native to Hawaii on the Endangered Species Act."

It surprises me to think that science is not getting any smarter through experience of GMO products and the nasty chemical of glyphosate. Somehow the idea of not using GMO seeds and chemicals to solve world hunger has never occurred to some of the smartest scientist on the planet.  Don't let your children go to college at the same institutions Monsanto and others pull from.

"But other scientists have taken different avenues for dealing with the crisis, using modern technology to replace living bees with robotic ones. Researchers at Harvard University introduced the first RoboBees back in 2013. Led by engineering professor Robert Wood, the team created bee-size robots that can lift off the ground and hover midair when connected to a power supply."

Connected to a power supply? Oh that is brilliant, pure genius. 
Quote:It surprises me to think that science is not getting any smarter through experience of GMO products and the nasty chemical of glyphosate. Somehow the idea of not using GMO seeds and chemicals to solve world hunger has never occurred to some of the smartest scientist on the planet.

That's because it's the Elite behind the GMO foods, and they have an agenda to keep us sick (or killing us off?) so they can keep Big Pharma in business and feed their pockets.  It seems people who try to come out with better ways of doing things end up dead or disappearing off the planet.   tinysurprised
Um, how about we cut back on pesticides.....just saying.

If that is the number one cause to the loss of bees, imagine what that does to other parts of Mother Nature, not to mention humans.

Or is it about the money?
It is always about the money, silly me.

So now they want to attempt to create a robotic bee that will never have the same instincts as real bees.

Sure would be easier IMO just to cut down on pesticide use.
Better for the bees.
Better for the environment.
Better for people and pets.
And cheaper overall, rather than spend millions playing with a research project that may not even work as they want it to.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

(10-14-2016, 11:57 PM)senona Wrote: Um, how about we cut back on pesticides.....just saying.

And cheaper overall, rather than spend millions playing with a research project that may not even work as they want it to.

I just had a "conspiracy" thought.   tinybigeyes   What if they make a bunch of robot bees and then they control them remotely using the cell towers, etc. to swarm us with big stingers ready to strike us down if we don't do as they wish?!   tinywhat

It would be like that verse in Revelations where the lotus come out of the pit and kill the people.  Maybe they are still trying to make the Bible come true, like some other predictions they've tried in the past.  tinyhuh

Okay... I'm coming back down to earth now...  5...4...3...2...1       Yeah, I'm okay.  Carry on!   tinybiggrin
(10-15-2016, 12:29 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
(10-14-2016, 11:57 PM)senona Wrote: Um, how about we cut back on pesticides.....just saying.

I just had a "conspiracy" thought.   tinybigeyes   What if they make a bunch of robot bees and then they control them remotely using the cell towers, etc. to swarm us with big stingers ready to strike us down if we don't do as they wish?!   tinywhat

It would be like that verse in Revelations where the lotus come out of the pit and kill the people.  Maybe they are still trying to make the Bible come true, like some other predictions they've tried in the past.  tinyhuh

Okay... I'm coming back down to earth now...  5...4...3...2...1       Yeah, I'm okay.  Carry on!   tinybiggrin
REALLY, Mystic, When Have You Ever Been Planted Firmly On Earth?  smallrofl  Just Asking!
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]